Its Official: Nintendo Has Ran Out Of Pokemon!

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Some of you may know of the pokemon Rotom, in Diamond/Pearl, for platnium Nintendo decided to give him 5 new forms which he can turn into... now you may be thinking, "Ok, whats the problem? Well heres the problem http://serebii.net/platinum/rotom.shtml

He turns into lawnmowers, fans and other home appliances. Now I know hes an electric pokemon, but comon, Home appliances? seriesly?
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
lol, seriously i think there are just too MANY pokemon now
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
It's a step up from the space robots they've been shoveling.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts
They should start charging for new Pokemon.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
its getting rediculous...seriously they should have stoped after ruby and such...maybe come up with a new storyline
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
lol the lawn mower one was hilarious
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

Some of you may know of the pokemon Rotom, in Diamond/Pearl, for platnium Nintendo decided to give him 5 new forms which he can turn into... now you may be thinking, "Ok, whats the problem? Well heres the problem http://serebii.net/platinum/rotom.shtml

He turns into lawnmowers, fans and other home appliances. Now I know hes an electric pokemon, but comon, Home appliances? seriesly?EVOLV3
The more sad fact is that he is still GHOST. Shouldn't he change his type or somthing?
TehReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TehReaper
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
lol i want the dishwwasher one! wish there was a coffee maker one though =(
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I can't wait to get the refrigerator version!

:roll:

Talk about phoning it in...

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I remember the 150 pokemon rap

Those were the days. Less confusing

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

killerfist

I did not mind the Neo pokemon...But after that and even with playing the games, I have no idea what going on with them. But I can tell you my son knows every single one. He even reads up on them on the internet. I had even read that the cartoon is starting to get bigger again.

It is amazing how things come back again.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Hold on, just let me show you my Poke'mans...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

HarlockJC

I did not mind the Neo pokemon...But after that and even with playing the games, I have no idea what going on with them. But I can tell you my son knows every single one. He even reads up on them on the internet. I had even read that the cartoon is starting to get bigger again.

It is amazing how things come back again.

Nice sig:P Takes a while to load though;)

I watched Pokemons first season with the 150 pokemon rap. I was 10 I think. I played the red/blue games and had pokemon stadium on the N64. Those games were pretty cool. I just stopped caring after that. maybe I just grew out of it or maybe I allready noticed how it got milked and milked even then.

It is amazing how long the series lasts

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killerfist

Hold on, just let me show you my Poke'mans...Skittles_McGee

you got em all?

There's >9000:o

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Hold on, just let me show you my Poke'mans...killerfist

you got em all?

There's >9000:o

I have all 15,000 Poke'mon. I went to the futures and captured all the Poke'mans.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Is that last one a george forman grill? It says oven but I swear it looks like a grill.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

I have that Pokemon, but I didn't know he could transform. Wow, what is this though? :|

Well I have Deoxys but I've yet to change his form too... :P Anyways, yeah I've felt the Pokemon have not been as creative since Ruby/Sapphire. I mean Gold/Silver's pokemon were the only ones I felt that could compete witht he originality, memories and wonder of the OG 151.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HarlockJC

I watched Pokemons first season with the 150 pokemon rap. I was 10 I think. I played the red/blue games and had pokemon stadium on the N64. Those games were pretty cool. I just stopped caring after that. maybe I just grew out of it or maybe I allready noticed how it got milked and milked even then.

killerfist

Thanks about the sign, it was a lot of hard work I took in stealing it..... :P

See this is where the whole target a younger group thing comes in with Nintendo. So you have your older people like you are and myself which will sometimes buy a Pokemon game because of memories. You have your hard core fans who have been watching Pokemon for years and still want every game. Then you have the younger kids which get into Pokemon for the first time and may move into one of those two types of people. So the group of gamers keeps growing and growing.

Now you can easily take out the word Pokemon and put Mario in it's place. Don't get me wrong SMG I think is one of the best games this gen. But you get my point.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
home appliances? :? wtf
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything odd about Rotom. He's an electric ghost that possesses household appliances.

Personally, I think the problem with Pokemon is imagination. The problem started in the second gen, when they were all based off of animals. They began to run out of animals in the third gen. The first gen (and actually the fourth gen, they seem to be getting better) were more imaginative.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

HarlockJC

See this is where the whole target a younger group thing comes in with Nintendo. So you have your older people like you are and myself which will sometimes buy a Pokemon game because of memories. You have your hard core fans who have been watching Pokemon for years and still want every game. Then you have the younger kids which get into Pokemon for the first time and may move into one of those two types of people. So the group of gamers keeps growing and growing.

Now you can easily take out the word Pokemon and put Mario in it's place. Don't get me wrong SMG I think is one of the best games this gen. But you get my point.

Yeah that makes sense. The older fans are replaced with new fans of the same age.

It's how barbie works and look how long she lasts!:P

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tylendal

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

He turns into lawnmowers, fans and other home appliances. Now I know hes an electric pokemon, but comon, Home appliances? seriesly?JIT93
The more sad fact is that he is still GHOST. Shouldn't he change his type or somthing?

Ghost/Electric. When he possesses different objects he gets different elemental powers. Ghost/Ice, Ghost/Grass, Ghost/Water, Ghost/Flying, Ghost/Fire.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

killerfist

Yeah that makes sense. The older fans are replaced with new fans of the same age.

Good example in a way because Barbie does have it's hardcore fans also. There are many Barbie which brand new cost in the high hundreds.

My wife has a rich friend who bought my daughter a $150 barbie and then he wanted to make sure she played with it and not keep it in the package.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tylendal

killerfist

Please don't tell me you're one of those people who laughs at the concept of standard controllers being too complex.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

Lawnmower I choose you.
Toaster I choose you.

*Epic household appliance battle ensues*

:lol:

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tylendal

Lawnmower I choose you.
Toaster I choose you.

*Epic household appliance battle ensues*

:lol:

Hoobinator

Well, Rotom can breed with Ditto...

And there are six different forms (counting his original form.) I am so forming an all Rotom team when I get Platinum. (As far as I know the key that lets you get the different forms is an exclusive item you can get if you have the game shortly after release.)

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

Tylendal

Please don't tell me you're one of those people who laughs at the concept of standard controllers being too complex.

:question:

I was talking about Pokemon.:P

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

HarlockJC

Good example in a way because Barbie does have it's hardcore fans also. There are many Barbie which brand new cost in the high hundreds.

My wife has a rich friend who bought my daughter a $150 barbie and then he wanted to make sure she played with it and not keep it in the package.

a 150$ Barbie? That's crazy!

Good thing me made sure she played with it. now that's good parenting:P

That Barbie could be worth thousands later on.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

killerfist

I know you were. I know the names, general stats, and abilities of every single Pokemon, even the new forms of Rotom. I can't believe anybody would be confused by all this, it's easy. :roll:

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

[QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

He turns into lawnmowers, fans and other home appliances. Now I know hes an electric pokemon, but comon, Home appliances? seriesly?Tylendal

Ghost/Electric. When he possesses different objects he gets different elemental powers. Ghost/Ice, Ghost/Grass, Ghost/Water, Ghost/Flying, Ghost/Fire.

No, he only learns the moveset. the type stays Ghost/Electric...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

Tylendal

I know you were. I know the names, general stats, and abilities of every single Pokemon, even the new forms of Rotom. I can't believe anybody would be confused by all this, it's easy. :roll:

:o

See people? Pokemon can be hardcore too! :P

Anyway, is that cardgame still beeing updated? If so, I wonder how people play it.:?

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

lmao they're trying way too hard to make platinum stand out from diamond/ pearl. all i see are a bunch of new forms from some pokemon.

still getting the game though.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

killerfist

:o

See people? Pokemon can be hardcore too! :P

Anyway, is that cardgame still beeing updated? If so, I wonder how people play it.:?

It's still updating, I've seen advertisements. I have a pile of cards from the first generation (and a healthy dose of second), but it stops there. I've tried playing the game, but something about the one use resources just turns me off. I'm sticking with Magic: The Gathering.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"]

[QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

He turns into lawnmowers, fans and other home appliances. Now I know hes an electric pokemon, but comon, Home appliances? seriesly?JIT93

No, he only learns the moveset. the type stays Ghost/Electric...

Wow, I don't see them explicitly stating anywhere that he stays electric, but I don't see them denying it either. Well, that sucks... On the other hand, it makes an all Rotom team much more viable (despite the only above average base stats), due to the fact that with his levitate ability, his only weaknesses are dark and ghost, as opposed to the myriad weaknesses posed by types such as ice or fire.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

killerfist

yes pokemon was at its peak and most use 20 year olds where 13 with gameboys.

Dr_Jones1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dr_Jones1
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

:lol: WTF!

Wow the Pokemon company is getting desperate! Rotom was a pathetic Pokemon to begin with, now they go and pull a stupid move like this? The Pokemon company needs to seriously reconsider where they are going to go with Pokemon after Platinum comes out. I think they need some help in the imagination department, heck they need a complete 180 in the design of the entire game! The last good set of Pokemon games were the Crystal, Gold, Silver saga and Emerald (because of the battle frontier). Since then the Pokemon company, in my opinion, have just been putting out not as desent games. Maybe in the future they'll realize this, and save themselves.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Please, Ninty & Gamefreak, stop now !!!!
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
That is priceless
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

The best part is that Rotom is Motor spelled backwards.

Really, that's the best part.

omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts

I didnt play it after red and blkue and those had 150 pokemons that I definitly recognize..

Nowadays whenever I see a pokemon that isnt Pikachu I cant recognize it.. Its like they added a thousand new pokemons.. Insanity.

ElMariachi46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ElMariachi46
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts
I thought about MAYBE picking up this game when it came out...man did that thought die quickly
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
yeah... i stopped after gold and silver. already didn't get all 150 pokemon, tried to get all ... 250 was it? and those legendaries were such a pain to capture. after that i just thought eff this.
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts
I am a big pokemon fan but i have to say they are starting to run out of ideas.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

all the ones after leafgreen look like robot spaceships and all the pokemon games after colloseeum are freaking terrible. including handhelds.

/threaad.

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

killerfist

Indeed. Lost interest after then.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I face palmed untill I saw the lawnmower

**** yeah!

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
They're like Transformers... except not as cool
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shinobishyguy

:lol: WTF!

Wow the Pokemon company is getting desperate! Rotom was a pathetic Pokemon to begin with, now they go and pull a stupid move like this? The Pokemon company needs to seriously reconsider where they are going to go with Pokemon after Platinum comes out. I think they need some help in the imagination department, heck they need a complete 180 in the design of the entire game! The last good set of Pokemon games were the Crystal, Gold, Silver saga and Emerald (because of the battle frontier). Since then the Pokemon company, in my opinion, have just been putting out not as desent games. Maybe in the future they'll realize this, and save themselves.

Dr_Jones1

platinum has a battle frontier as well.

that combined with new wifi modes = win.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
Ugh it was only a matter of time....
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shinobishyguy

Ugh it was only a matter of time....MoldOnHold
you guys do know what a poltergeist is right?

Y'know a ghost that possesses objects such as kitchen appliances...well thats what Rotom is.

It makes sense once you think about it like that. He is a ghost type after all.