Is this the best character creation of any game or what?

• 55 results
#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (24905 posts) -

Never even heard of this game till now but Black Desert has some seriously good character creation mode almost too real O_O

Its an MMO coming to PC

i can easily see some people spending 30 hours creating a character alone

brb while i go do more research on the game and when it comes out..

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

Can you make your package bigger?

#3 Edited by Twizded (97 posts) -

I hope this becomes the standard soon. DDs for every girl.

I wonder if the armor conforms to the body? Seems like they would have to do something like that.

#4 Edited by wolverine4262 (18944 posts) -
#5 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2314 posts) -

Great character creation

#6 Edited by wolverine4262 (18944 posts) -

That was pretty impressive. Shame the game's and developer's official sites dont work for me.

#7 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23159 posts) -

It's incredible. Developers should learn a thing or two from these guys.

#8 Posted by bobbetybob (19132 posts) -

Very impressive, seems like you could make some terrifying freaks with this.

#9 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3399 posts) -

I know what I'd do with that.

#10 Posted by Joedgabe (5096 posts) -

Very impressive, seems like you could make some terrifying freaks with this.

would love to make an intersexual with a hunchback/

#11 Posted by Gue1 (9456 posts) -

to me a good character creator is one that is easy and quick but the one from the video looks like the dev just took all the settings out of the actual game engine and threw them there for the users to play. That's definitely not for me.

#12 Posted by bobbetybob (19132 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

to me a good character creator is one that is easy and quick but the one from the video looks like the dev just took all the settings out of the actual game engine and threw them there for the users to play. That's definitely not for me.

Well, the best would be one that does both. As far as in depth creation goes this looks great, but you're right, sometimes you just want to mash together something cool looking and not spend years on it. At least the default faces look human in this and it's not like some games where you have to edit your character just to stop it looking like a freak of nature (see: Every Bethesda game and Dark Souls)

#13 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

The first girl looks like my gf. I'll use her as a model.

#14 Posted by Ballroompirate (22304 posts) -

Looks good but ffs stop with the MMOS already.

#15 Posted by KBFloYd (12967 posts) -

ps4 character creator king...

wait...this is on ps4 right? i mean finalstar made the thread.

#16 Edited by donalbane (16182 posts) -

It's certainly impressive, but everyone looks so idealized and attractive. Can you make an ugly person? Everyone looks like a pop star or an elf or something.

Saints Row 2, while far from my favorite game, had marvelous tools... I was able to make an amazing model of myself, despite my unique, generally impossible to recreate features. Too bad I didn't care for the game. But damn, that avatar I made was the spitting image. But then you couldn't make the voice different, so I sounded like a cholo.

#17 Posted by Renouncereality (84 posts) -

is there an actual game with it? is it any good?

#18 Posted by WallofTruth (1424 posts) -

Very impressive, PC leading the way again I see.

#19 Edited by foxhound_fox (87400 posts) -

Neat.

There are a very select few people who spend more than 5 minutes using these features to make a character in any game.

#20 Posted by nini200 (9489 posts) -

HOLY HAYBAILS THAT LOOKS GREAT!!! I wonder how one could get the character model from that game and use it elsewhere. If that's even possible

#21 Posted by vincent380 (2242 posts) -

It's certainly impressive, but everyone looks so idealized and attractive. Can you make an ugly person? Everyone looks like a pop star or an elf or something.

i totally agree with you good ol society.

#22 Posted by silversix_ (13944 posts) -

This is the only mmo (other than Destiny) that i;ve been keeping an eye. Looks like Dragon's Dogma to me and i looooved that game

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (46302 posts) -

Meh, in every character creator ever i just hit randomize until i find something that doesn't looks stupid. aint got time to sit and tweak the side of my nose

#24 Posted by lawlessx (46461 posts) -

over 10 posts in and not a single person bashed it for being a korean MMO..very impressive system wars.

#25 Posted by Pffrbt (6492 posts) -

I could play with a good character creator for hours. Most of the time it's the only good part of a lot of games.

#26 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2320 posts) -

ewww a korean mmo.....

what a waste

#27 Posted by donalbane (16182 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

I could play with a good character creator for hours. Most of the time it's the only good part of a lot of games.

Yet many great games have terrible ones. Mass Effect comes to mind. I couldn't make an avatar that didn't have a distinctive caveman vibe. And those haircuts... so terrible. It was like, "Bald, crew cut, or news anchor? Your choice!"

#28 Posted by MWright469 (150 posts) -

This actually looks incredibly impressive. They seemed to approach it in a different way than creators usually do. I always enjoyed using the Soul Calibur creation features (although a bit limited in some respects). Can't think of too many other games with character creators, at least ones worth mention. I remember trying to make my own Oblivion characters, they always turned out looking like circus freaks.

#29 Posted by MBirdy88 (7490 posts) -

It looks good, what annoyed me though is the Gender lock announcement, e.g archer is female only, gaurdian is female only, and others are male ect... kinda lame considering.

I dunno, Black Desert is pretty, but looks incredibly shallow.

#30 Edited by johnd13 (7930 posts) -

The character creation system is very impressive. I don't have a clue about the rest of the game.

edit: Well just found a gameplay video. Looks fun and quite fast-paced.

#31 Posted by Sword-Demon (6946 posts) -

That looks pretty awesome.

Hopefully other devs will learn from it.

#32 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9397 posts) -

WOW the game looks AMAZINGLY IMPRESSIVE. And i hate RPGs, JRPGs and MMO-JRPGs (and yes i know its Korean).

That looks like an awsome game.

#33 Posted by xhawk27 (7215 posts) -

Does anyone know what engine that is running on?

#34 Posted by ButDuuude (417 posts) -

That's the best I've seen.

#35 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13153 posts) -

That's pretty crazy.

#36 Edited by finalstar2007 (24905 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

The character creation system is very impressive. I don't have a clue about the rest of the game.

edit: Well just found a gameplay video. Looks fun and quite fast-paced.

The game play looks seriously fun and similar too FF14 which is not a bad thing imo

#37 Edited by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

looks impressive.

#38 Posted by evildead6789 (7285 posts) -

Damn, that's what we want lol

#39 Edited by silversix_ (13944 posts) -

This game will turn into a fap simulator u just watch

#40 Posted by locopatho (20131 posts) -

Sorry, Spore is still the best. The amount and variety of penis monsters you can make...

#41 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The best would have to go to either the Dragons Dogma creator, or the Final Fantasy Realm Reborn creator.

#42 Posted by RyviusARC (4207 posts) -

The best would have to go to either the Dragons Dogma creator, or the Final Fantasy Realm Reborn creator.

You have to be joking....

#43 Posted by edwardecl (2029 posts) -

The thing is, in most RPG games with character creation you spend 10 minutes trying to make a character that does not look like a date rapist, then 3 minutes into the game you put on a helmet and never see your characters face again.

#44 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -
#45 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

ps4 character creator king...

wait...this is on ps4 right? i mean finalstar made the thread.

>Its an MMO coming to PC

In the OP finalstar said PC.

Anyways thats awesome looking. Although I get the feeling female characters will look very similar.

#46 Posted by Vaasman (11197 posts) -

APB released with a super in depth character creator so maybe it's arguably the best. This is certainly detailed though, so you might be able to make a case either way.

Only real problem is it's attached to a Korean MMO, that probably won't release in many other regions, and is bound to be pay 2 win or an ultra grindfest bore.

#47 Posted by cyanblues (253 posts) -

meh aion already did it before

#48 Posted by cyanblues (253 posts) -

some funky, ugly, weird characters you can create in aion

#49 Edited by RyviusARC (4207 posts) -

@RyviusARC: care to explain?

Because those character creators are nothing special.

And Black Desert easily beats any other character creator.

#50 Edited by PsychoLemons (1993 posts) -

It could be me but the female characters all look similar. And I just wish I could see some practical armour for once...