Is the 360 even worth owning without a Gold Subscription?

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#151 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
I kind of regret it even though I got it for cheap, never turn it on these days, it's much too neutered without live and doesn't have much in the exclusives department.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] No, I do not have an opinion on a library of games I have never played on a platform that I do not own, hence why I am asking advice. If I wet to the 360 forums, everyone would assure me that 360 is the greatest console ever since many of them probably only own a 360. Many people here are own multiple platforms and have a more well rounded opinion. I've also been posting here for years and am much more familiar with the users on this board than I am on GGD.

Most people who own a 360 also own a Ps3. Especially here on this site. Try before criticizing a part of the site you have not tried yet. Everyone on the darn site almost owns more than one system.

Like I said before, I use this board the most, I know most users here, I know who is credible and who is not. If this was not relevant to SW than it would have been locked long ago

Now we know you flipped. No thread get locked on system wars not relevant.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Are you still trolling people with this douche thread?

You can have a 360 for free. Or you could sell said item for some modest amount of money.

Gaming is your hobby.

What is the marginal utility of the modest amount of money you could get for selling a 360? Probably not very much unless you are living with your parents at home because you are a teenager or you are a economically challenged student.

You risk nothing and the opportunity cost is small. Such a difficult decision.

Keep on trollin:P

SUD123456
Sorry I didn't know asking for advice was for douchebags. A pawn shop near me would give me at least $80 for it since thats what they gave me for a very used PS3. $80 is not a lot of money but it's money nonetheless. That money could be used for games on the existing platforms I have or go towards a future PC upgrade. Or is it more appropriate for me to hold on to a console that I may possibly never use? I am simply asking for opinions from the SW community and have their input on the situation.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 BPoole96
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Most people who own a 360 also own a Ps3. Especially here on this site. Try before criticizing a part of the site you have not tried yet. Everyone on the darn site almost owns more than one system.

Like I said before, I use this board the most, I know most users here, I know who is credible and who is not. If this was not relevant to SW than it would have been locked long ago

Now we know you flipped. No thread get locked on system wars not relevant.

Irrelevant threads get locked all the time
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#155 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I don't remember if I posted in this, but no a 360 is not worth owning with out paying the Toll Booth. Unless you have lots of friends that would like to play Offline/Lan Party with you or whatever.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#156 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Yes it is. Unless you are a cow, then no :P

agree. TC, pull up the spreadsheet and look at all the games 360 doesn't have listed for it. For some strange reason there are many and they are enjoyable........even though according to some here they don't exist.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
not even worth owning with a gold subscription. Only campaigns i really loved were the gears ones.
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#159 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

BPoole is just trying to bash the 360 in a discreet way. Also in this thread ShadowMoses and Heli, two sony drones confirmed they never had a 360.

BPoole96

Why would I discreetly bash the 360 when I blatantly bash it all the time? I made this thread for legitimate advice. If you don't have any input then don't post.

You're not asking for legit advice, just a troll is all. I'll also post when I please. Oh and if you want my input, with me pretending I'm ignorant of your trolling, the 360 is worth owning without a gold subscription, and you need to stop asking stupid questions.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="randomguy15"]

BPoole is just trying to bash the 360 in a discreet way. Also in this thread ShadowMoses and Heli, two sony drones confirmed they never had a 360.

randomguy15

Why would I discreetly bash the 360 when I blatantly bash it all the time? I made this thread for legitimate advice. If you don't have any input then don't post.

You're not asking for legit advice, just a troll is all. I'll also post when I please. Oh and if you want my input, with me pretending I'm ignorant of your trolling, the 360 is worth owning without a gold subscription, and you need to stop asking stupid questions.

You all are really tempting me to make an actual troll thread so you can see the difference...

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#161 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="randomguy15"]

randomguy15

why is everyone so mad.
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] Why would I discreetly bash the 360 when I blatantly bash it all the time? I made this thread for legitimate advice. If you don't have any input then don't post.BPoole96

You all are really tempting me to make an actual troll thread so you can see the difference...

You can if you want, it would make me feel special you'd go through the effort just for me. However, no matter what you say I think you're just bashing the 360,and trying to prove it has little to no worth.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#163 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Aren't there fewer than half as many Gold subscriptions as there are 360s sold? Plenty of people find enjoyment without Live. I plan on picking back up a 360 eventually as a legacy console, and I have zero intention of paying for Live. Did the same with the XBox last gen.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]You're not asking for legit advice, just a troll is all. I'll also post when I please. Oh and if you want my input, with me pretending I'm ignorant of your trolling, the 360 is worth owning without a gold subscription, and you need to stop asking stupid questions.

randomguy15

You can if you want, it would make me feel special you'd go through the effort just for me. However, no matter what you say I think you're just bashing the 360,and trying to prove it has little to no worth.

You and the 10 other people in this thread who have contributed nothing but calling me a troll could all feel special together, but I'll save that thread for another day perhaps.

I can't believe all the butthurt I've caused without even trying...

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

You and the 10 other people in this thread who have contributed nothing but calling me a troll could all feel special together, but I'll save that thread for another day perhaps.

I've seen maybe one or two actual butthurt posts on this thread, it seems like a lot of people on SW just want to say everyone is butt hurt even when very little are, you can usually tell when people get legitly mad on here. It hasn't happened much on this thread. When someone has no counter argument or wants to sound good they just say herp derp you so butthurt!!

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]You can if you want, it would make me feel special you'd go through the effort just for me. However, no matter what you say I think you're just bashing the 360,and trying to prove it has little to no worth.

randomguy15

I've seen maybe one or two actual butthurt posts on this thread, it seems like a lot of people on SW just want to say everyone is butt hurt even when very little are, you can usually tell when people get legitly mad on here. It hasn't happened much on this thread. When someone has no counter argument or wants to sound good they just say herp derp you so butthurt!!

It shouldn't have happened at all in this thread. Just shows how sensitive some of you guys are.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
if you're into MP games,downloading extra crap or arcade games ?then, No...normal offline gaming? yes
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

It shouldn't have happened at all in this thread. Just shows how sensitive some of you guys are.

Again, no one's really butt hurt. Like people have said you should have asked this in the 360 forums or just did your own research, putting it on SW seemed kind of stupid.

moronsRusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 moronsRusus
Member since 2012 • 181 Posts
Is xbox live gold worth having anymore? my xbox360 has like 3 inches of dust on it.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#170 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Is xbox live gold worth having anymore? my xbox360 has like 3 inches of dust on it.moronsRusus
cool.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I've seen maybe one or two actual butthurt posts on this thread, it seems like a lot of people on SW just want to say everyone is butt hurt even when very little are, you can usually tell when people get legitly mad on here. It hasn't happened much on this thread. When someone has no counter argument or wants to sound good they just say herp derp you so butthurt!!

randomguy15

Again, no one's really butt hurt. Like people have said you should have asked this in the 360 forums or just did your own research, putting it on SW seemed kind of stupid.

I'm not going to repeat myself again as to why I chose to post this on SW as opposed to other boards. If you don't like that it is on SW, there are plenty of other threads you could have participated in.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

No it's NOT. Gold is ridiculous highway robbery, literally!

Without GOLD, an XBOX 360 is only half of what it can do. And buying games for it is pretty buying half of the entire game package, and overprice at $60.

Yes, you can still enjoy a 360 without the Gold fee, but you're NOT getting the whole package experience. It's the #1 reason why I personally refuse to invest in a 360 this gen and I almost did because I enjoyed the Halo series so much from last gen. Luckily I made the smart move and simply stuck with an ALL VALUE IN ONE PACKAGE PS3, never looked back since.

Just enjoy you PS3 and stick with it. Simple as that. Sell the 360 for some small fee if you want to.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
Is xbox live gold worth having anymore? my xbox360 has like 3 inches of dust on it.moronsRusus
what kind of washing agent do you use? 3 inches could turn into a mess if you dont deal with it properly
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Long answer: no short answer: no
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Like 99% of the fools on here who ask "questions".

BPoole96

No, I am asking a legitimate question. I just gave more insight to my situation as far as which platforms I own.

lol what a f***ing liar you are a known charlie sheen here man you constantly have nothing but bad things to say about the 360 and microsoft please stop the act I doubt you even have a sister that gave you a 360.

lol you posted it on system wars man...that is pretty much the guarantee that your a douche troll trying to incite flames if you had really wanted an honest answer you would have posted it on the 360 forum and not posted all the little diatribe where you basically answer you own question by saying the 360 isn't worth it.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

WilliamRLBaker

No, I am asking a legitimate question. I just gave more insight to my situation as far as which platforms I own.

lol what a f***ing liar you are a known charlie sheen here man you constantly have nothing but bad things to say about the 360 and microsoft please stop the act I doubt you even have a sister that gave you a 360.

lol you posted it on system wars man...that is pretty much the guarantee that your a douche troll trying to incite flames if you had really wanted an honest answer you would have posted it on the 360 forum and not posted all the little diatribe where you basically answer you own question by saying the 360 isn't worth it.

Lmao you're the best William
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

*looks at signature* yep all I need to go on really but I have your 15722 postings to draw experience on you aren't being serious here your a troll. the second you posted it on system wars is the second we knew you were lying.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

WilliamRLBaker

hahaha ohh wow

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#179 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes because it has great SP games. Online is very over-rated.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

*looks at signature* yep all I need to go on really but I have your 15722 postings to draw experience on you aren't being serious here your a troll. the second you posted it on system wars is the second we knew you were lying.

I do have a younger sister who is 20 and graduated from community college 2 months ago. She now is going to James Madison and my parents are buying her a laptop. Are you aware of the deal MS has been doing the past few years for college students where they give a free 360? Why does that seem so far fetched for people to understand? Yes, I bash the 360 from time to time and refuse to pay for XBL, but if I can have the console for free, why not consider buying some games for it that I otherwise have no access to? If there are not that many that would suit my interest, then I can easily sell it for some extra spending cash. Since you're an expert on my posting history, you would know that I rarely ever post of PGD. Taking this to the Xbox forum would only give me a sided opinion. If it will make you happy then I will go post over there and stop being a Charlie sheen, whatever that means..
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Jesus Christ people, why are you so adamant he's trolling? He could do a far better job than this if he wanted and he sure as hell wouldn't be subtle about it.

He's asking a legit question and he's already given his reasons for posting here multiple times. Answer his damn question or gtfo.

And @ BPoole if you're selling it for 80 quid or less, I'd just hold on to it. I thought you'd be selling it for 150- 200 bucks or thereabouts.

$80 is a pittance.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 balfe1990

[QUOTE="rockydog1111"]

My XBLA games always go to demo when I let my gold subscription expire. Am I the only person this happens to?

ShadowMoses900

No, that's how it works. It's stupid but you don't really own any of your XBLA games, you can only get full access to them if your a Gold member. Otherwise you lose them.

Funny how Lems rip on PS+, but XBL does the exact thing but far worse, you buy those and you still don't own them. With PS+ if you buy games you own them no matter what, even if they are discount, they only lock out your "free" games.

It's also not fair to the consumer when they lock out things like Netflix, it requires both a Gold AND a Netflx subscription. If your subscribed to Netflix but your Gold runs out you can't access it, even though your already paying for it.

WTF are you talking about.

Seriously, you are incredibly misinformed and a pathological liar. Why do you feel the need to pretend you ever had an Xbox?

You never owned one, it never RROD'd, you've clearly never bought an Arcade game and I seriously doubt you ever play an Xbox at your mate's house.

You're full of bullsh*t Moses, so just drop the act because it's getting painful to watch.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 BPoole96

Jesus Christ people, why are you so adamant he's trolling? He could do a far better job than this if he wanted and he sure as hell wouldn't be subtle about it.

He's asking a legit question and he's already given his reasons for posting here multiple times. Answer his damn question or gtfo.

And @ BPoole if you're selling it for 80 quid or less, I'd just hold on to it. I thought you'd be selling it for 150- 200 bucks or thereabouts.

$80 is a pittance.

balfe1990
I'm pretty sure the Xbox the laptop comes with is the $200 4GB Model. For all I know I might get more for it. I had 2 PS3s at one point after I bought a Slim model and sold my old one to a local pawn shop for $80. I would expect they would give me at least that much if not more. What I'm considering doing is just getting the Gears of War Triple Pack and maybe a couple XBLA games and then just selling it afterwards unless I really take a liking to it.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

$80 is a pittance.

BPoole96

I'm pretty sure the Xbox the laptop comes with is the $200 4GB Model. For all I know I might get more for it. I had 2 PS3s at one point after I bought a Slim model and sold my old one to a local pawn shop for $80. I would expect they would give me at least that much if not more. What I'm considering doing is just getting the Gears of War Triple Pack and maybe a couple XBLA games and then just selling it afterwards unless I really take a liking to it.

I think that's a good idea.

Get a bit of use out of it, take it for a spin and sell it immediately when you start getting bored with it.

It won't depreciate rapidly in value, especially if you take good care of it.

It'll be like renting an Xbox.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

Well you don't need it. I couldn't justify owning a PS3. It's why I say you don't need both. It's as simple as that.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

[QUOTE="rockydog1111"]

My XBLA games always go to demo when I let my gold subscription expire. Am I the only person this happens to?

ShadowMoses900

No, that's how it works. It's stupid but you don't really own any of your XBLA games, you can only get full access to them if your a Gold member. Otherwise you lose them.

Funny how Lems rip on PS+, but XBL does the exact thing but far worse, you buy those and you still don't own them. With PS+ if you buy games you own them no matter what, even if they are discount, they only lock out your "free" games.

It's also not fair to the consumer when they lock out things like Netflix, it requires both a Gold AND a Netflx subscription. If your subscribed to Netflix but your Gold runs out you can't access it, even though your already paying for it.

You actually believe that? The games you buy on XBLA are yours. Your online status is irrelevant.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

You actually believe that? The games you buy on XBLA are yours. Your online status is irrelevant.

HalcyonScarlet

ShadowMisinformed900