Is PC is getting more popular with younger gamers?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Think about this. Who doesn't have a ton of disposable income? Teenagers who are in school etc, they don't have tons of money to dump on new games like witcher or gta5. With a gaming PC they can get those games eventually for like 10 dollars on steam or something low like that.

It's just way better value they can't spend 60 dollars on a 5 hour game like the order or something they need to get value out of those dollars so PC is by far the best place for them.

More Hardcore games, longer games, cheaper or free games, and they can do it there room an don't get kicked out of the living room etc.

So its by far the future of gaming. Plus think about this PC is also the most hardcore MATURE and best experience, you can get 60 FPS, 4k resolution, and 3 monitors surround, so a wealthy rich gamer can only get the best experience on PC

PC has the high end and the low end covered and it can keep casuals who like LoL and WoW and games like that which can play on any type of pc

so PC got everyone covered, the consoles are for just like casual people come home and play like an hour and can afford new game when they come out. think of your mom and dad those are console gamers, PC those people are just insanely intelligent professionals that like the doctors the lawyers etc the intelligent gamer the smart gamer.

PC > Mobile

PC > Console

PC > multimedia devices

PC > Movie theatre

PC > Arcades

PC has the most value you can get like 5 dollars for Skyrim Legendary edition, think of all the hours of gaming there or Borderlands 1/2 for 5 dollars these are deals and content you will never find on Consoles, they don't go that low in price, they don't give you value ever, they charge 60 dollars for a digital download when a disc an packaging and all that costs the same amount its not right its not fair its not a balanced experience.

Mouse keyboard still hasn't been beat its best for youtube, its best fro browsing the web, its best for everything mobile hasn't caught up to it, ppl still love typing and using that mouse its just faster then a touchscreen (very slow compared to a mouse)

with a mouse my cursor instantly moves where i need to be with a finger it takes me like 10 seconds to move it to where i wanna point to and everything is super small and i might misclick just terrible experience

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@ProtossX said:
with a mouse my cursor instantly moves where i need to be with a finger it takes me like 10 seconds to move it to where i wanna point to and everything is super small and i might misclick just terrible experience

How do you misclick? Can you show a specific example?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Again its very hard to read your blogs. And stop fakeboying.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ProtossX

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@ProtossX said:

mobile screens = way too small

My PC 27 inch screen = never misclicked once

I have 4k resolution, Text looks lovely on my monitor

on a small tablet or phone ugh i hate looking at that crap too small, too low resolution, the games are kiddy like tetris, people like games with multiple appeal, not 1 dimensional people like games that can be taken hardcore and casual at the same time with mobile its 100% casual everytime and it will never change due to the bad controls

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Who doesn't have a ton of disposable income? Teenagers who are in school etc, they don't have tons of money to dump on new games like witcher or gta5.

That´s exactly the point, they don´t have tons of cash for new games …. nor have a couple of grand laying around to purchase a good PC for gaming and when they finally are able to get the money for it ( like working at MacDonalds for $8.25 an hour or mowing lawns ) they won´t have money for games either.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

no, console will always be for younger kids who love CoD.

I hope they stay there.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib

@raugutcon said:

Who doesn't have a ton of disposable income? Teenagers who are in school etc, they don't have tons of money to dump on new games like witcher or gta5.

That´s exactly the point, they don´t have tons of cash for new games …. nor have a couple of grand laying around to purchase a good PC for gaming and when they finally are able to get the money for it ( like working at MacDonalds for $8.25 an hour or mowing lawns ) they won´t have money for games either.

...a couple grand? really?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

No idea what's TC is actually trying to say

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ProtossX

@raugutcon said:

yes but you forget that families need a PC for school and stuff, so the teenagers can just take over the computer and say he needs it for school or whatever so the PC doesn't cost them anything if the family need a PC

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

My young cousin who's 9 YO asked his mom to buy him a pc so that he can play minecraft last year. I bought and assembled the parts myself. BTW it was an entry PC.

He is still playing minecraft till now. lol

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@ProtossX said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@ProtossX said:

mobile screens = way too small

My PC 27 inch screen = never misclicked once

I have 4k resolution, Text looks lovely on my monitor

on a small tablet or phone ugh i hate looking at that crap too small, too low resolution, the games are kiddy like tetris, people like games with multiple appeal, not 1 dimensional people like games that can be taken hardcore and casual at the same time with mobile its 100% casual everytime and it will never change due to the bad controls

I'm sure very very few people use a mouse with mobile devices. I don't. I mean I play a number of Android games on a tablet. I never really thought about using a mouse. On my 14" gaming laptop, I have no problems sniping while using a mouse and keyboard.

I don't game on a smartphone. The screen is too small for my tastes.

Now, my 7-year old games on her iPad and her mom's Android tablet. She's got the touchscreen controls all figured out. In the coming years, gamers like her will grow up and start putting pressure on older gamers used to controllers and mouse/keyboard.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

@jun_aka_pekto: pretty sure there's some punctuation and words missing in there. He's saying that with a mouse on PC he can instantly move to where he wants and never misclick. With his finger on a mobile screen it takes longer, everything is small, and he misclicks (or taps)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@raugutcon said:

yes but you forget that families need a PC for school and stuff, so the teenagers can just take over the computer and say he needs it for school or whatever so the PC doesn't cost them anything if the family need a PC

Problem is that "family" PCs aren´t able to run all games all the time, really soon they get outdated, I know it because I have a "family" PC that I still use and it´s been eons since it was able to run a game decently.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jun_aka_pekto
@lostrib said:

@jun_aka_pekto: pretty sure there's some punctuation and words missing in there. He's saying that with a mouse on PC he can instantly move to where he wants and never misclick. With his finger on a mobile screen it takes longer, everything is small, and he misclicks (or taps)

I don't doubt his experience. I'm kinda clumsy myself with touchscreen controls. My kid, on the other hand, handles the touchscreen controls like a pro. She gets quite busy using touchscreen controls like multitaskers on a PC who use a mouse and keyboard.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Yes, facebook style games which are popular with younger games thrive on PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@ProtossX:

The Order 1886: $40 New/$31 Used (Amazon)

GTA V: $51 New/$40 Used (PS4) ; $60 New (PC) (Amazon)

Skyrim Legendary: $19 New/$14 Used (PS3/360) ; $15 New (PC) (Amazon)

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Depends entirely on their parents.

I think it's fully possible to get in to PC gaming before being independent. Because if you're parents are cool and have the disposable income they'll support your hobby to a certain point.

I built my first PC when I was 15 or 16, my mom paid for that (it was like a combination of christmas and birthday present since ym birthday is in December). It was a very rewarding experience.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ask ParkerTommo. He's like 11 and has a gaming PC.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#24 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It seems to be more accessible now than the past.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

I managed to make myself a PC in 1992 when i was 13 and we was a working class family,granted it was far from high end but it still managed to run some of the greats.....if i could build a PC at 90's prices then a teen could sure as hell make a decent enough one now with much less fuss and they are far more user friendly than they used to be.

You have not known terror until you have had to learn DOS and tried to free up conventional memory to get a game to run! :D

The PC used to be a great but unwieldy beast but today the drop in price, the sheer amount of available options and ease of use and the growing market of PC games makes it harder to ignore than it used to be.

I spent 6 hours on ebay last month as i wanted to get parts to build a secondary PC to stream games to my bedroom.

Dual Core i3 4130 (4 core with hyperthreading) , 8gb RAM , 550w Bronze powersupply , H81 motherboard , 500gb HDD, GTX 750ti , Antec MATX case , Keyboard and mouse and windows 8.1 (OEM version off ebay for £15)

All that for £250 that's cheaper than both consoles and in nearly all cases it outperforms both of them.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Agreed. You made some good points there.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@ProtossX:

Will you make up your mind

You love Xbox and hate everything else, then

you love PS4 and hate everything else, now

you love PC and hate consoles

You're worse than your alter-ego.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Oh boy, TC is losing it.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Maybe your classmates can tell you.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

@ProtossX:

Did uninspiredidiot get suspended. If so, flag this guy and we can get him banned.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Minecraft.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cloud_imperium

@RoboCopISJesus said:

no, console will always be for younger kids who love CoD.

I hope they stay there.

Sadly, it's too late already.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

I'm just waiting for a news report that some 6yo killed his mom because she wouldn't buy him a PC for the next minecraft.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@mr-powers said:

I'm just waiting for a news report that some 6yo killed his mom because she wouldn't buy him a PC for the next minecraft.

why are you waiting for that?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@clone01 said:

@GarGx1 said:

@ProtossX:

Did uninspiredidiot get suspended. If so, flag this guy and we can get him banned.

Daym, why do you guys have such a hate boner for that guy?

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#37 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

getting more popular with all crowds and age groups. i've had many friends and coworkers come asking for help setting up a gaming rig over the passed 10 years. die hard console fans for 30 years and they also want the PC experience.

unless you're a total die hard fan-freak of a particular company why wouldn't we all want every platform?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@skelly34 said:

Nice avatar. It's good to know more people in this forum read Berserk. Or at least watched that one anime arc. It means that not all anime fans are lost in that moe trash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Gue1: I miss berserk and HxH. Both Miyuri and Togashi had to take another hiatus. :'(

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@lostrib said:

@mr-powers said:

So, he can go ahead and kill his mom too for not buying him a PC. He just doesn't want to be the first one.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cloud_imperium

@zeeshanhaider said:

@lostrib said:

@mr-powers said:

So, he can go ahead and kill his mom too for not buying him a PC. He just doesn't want to be the first one.

Lol

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@lostrib said:

@mr-powers said:

Lol

WTF did i just read Heh

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@clone01 said:

@GarGx1 said:

@ProtossX:

Daym, why do you guys have such a hate boner for that guy?

I've no hate for anyone in these forums, I just wish some of the trolls would be a bit more consistent.

Maybe that's their trolling strategy but there are better ways to get a rise out of people. Inconsistency just makes them look indecisive and unfocussed.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@ProtossX: PC > MObile ? .... srsly

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

..You can be a pc gamer and not need a monster pc to run the most popular games.. Some of the most popular games on the pc, like League Of Legends/DoA2, can be ran on modest machines for free.. Some of the best games on the pc have low requirements.. Quite frankly if your in it for the graphics, your basically a shallow casual gamer..

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

@ProtossX: I find most older gamers on the PC like age 50-60-70s when teamspeak and ventrillo was a thing, seems like the college crowd is on CSS, infact actually I haven't met really anyone younger person on PC when I had a runnable PC.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

What the hell did I just read? The body text has next to zilch to do with the title.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@indzman said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@lostrib said:

@mr-powers said:

Lol

WTF did i just read Heh

Yup, he just doesn't want to go down in history as the one who started this trend. Poor fellow.