Is MS insecure about the XBOX ONE?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I was wondering if you all think that with all of the constant talking that MS is doing in regards to all things Xbone if there is a layer of insecurity going into launch? I mean to me it seems like there is a lot of "well we were doing this, but now this is what we are really doing". With all of the CPU and GPU upgrades, the news that your Kinect info doesn't leave the XBOX ONE and on and on. It just seems to be a lot of talk as if they don't have true confidence in their product.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
With this kind of weak specs expecting the system to last 10 years you better be insecure.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

I'm no Lem but I belive it's called advertising.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts
"Does this overpriced black box make my buns look big?"
LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts
If anyone Sony are the insecure ones with how humble they are and how they go out of their way to not step on anyone's toes. Grow a pair.
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

i dont consider X1 as next-gen console, mostly because it still operates around the same old 128-bit memory interface of DDR3.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Insecure?
It is $100 more than a PS4. If anything they are over-confident. 

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts
If anyone Sony are the insecure ones with how humble they are and how they go out of their way to not step on anyone's toes. Grow a pair. LA-Nighthawk
sony shrunk ms's balls when they announced a GPU with 50% more shaders than X1 and GDDR5 that farts on 10 year old DDR3 all day long.
mprince131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mprince131
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts

They're launching a flagship product in less than two months. Why would they not be talking about it? They need to inform people about the console as well as clear up any confusion people may still have. If you confuse their marketing efforts for insecurity it explains why you don't run a multi-billion dollar corporation. 

LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts
[QUOTE="LA-Nighthawk"]If anyone Sony are the insecure ones with how humble they are and how they go out of their way to not step on anyone's toes. Grow a pair. ZoomZoom2490
sony shrunk ms's balls when they announced a GPU with 50% more shaders than X1 and GDDR5 that farts on 10 year old DDR3 all day long.

And Titanfall still has more awards than all PS4 games. Almost like gameplay trounces graphics now and forever.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I'm no Lem but I belive it's called advertising.

muffin200
This. There are three things going for MS that make me beleive they aren't insecure, but they are monitoring closely. 1. Having made there changes months before launch, they know going forward the system will be in peoples hands and that the games and services is what it will be judged by. I just don't think they care that the PS4 will have a more powerful system. I think their argument is that in actual finished games the difference won't be nearly as great as some think. 2. Its a long-term game, this console war. Surviving a tough couple of years to get your footing, a price drop, and a strong game line-up like the PS3 did is the gameplay. For MS is in a even better position as it hasn't conceded a full year off the shelf. So they are content to make this a multi-year fight irregardless of if they aren't in the top spot right away. 3. Their business model is that they will be profitable on every unti day one, while PS4 isn't. But if things went terribly south, like out of control free-fall they are rich enough to easily cut the price and eat the difference for a few years until it catches on. This is a 270 billion dollar company, and while restructuring, they aren't going anywhere.One way or another the Xbox One will be profitable for MS and that's more importasnt than the bragging rights of who is number one. Its liek Coke and Pepsi. Neither boasts of being the worlds number one soft drink because both are operating in the black. That's all that matters to the stock brokers.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Insecure?
It is $100 more than a PS4. If anything they are over-confident. 

timbers_WSU

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

I was wondering if you all think that with all of the constant talking that MS is doing in regards to all things Xbone if there is a layer of insecurity going into launch? I mean to me it seems like there is a lot of "well we were doing this, but now this is what we are really doing". With all of the CPU and GPU upgrades, the news that your Kinect info doesn't leave the XBOX ONE and on and on. It just seems to be a lot of talk as if they don't have true confidence in their product.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

stop.jpg

stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

ShoTTyMcNaDeS
no doubt they insecure and scared right now..They really fuked up a lot of 360 fanboys switched side already..All the 190s M$ is pulling only show negativity on their side..
mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

yep, ever since that E3 debacle, they've done a huge PR push

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

i dont consider X1 as next-gen console, mostly because it still operates around the same old 128-bit memory interface of DDR3.

ZoomZoom2490

lol GDDR5 and DDR3 from the same family, the XB1 actually has higher bandwidth to the CPU than the PS4. ESRAM pi*** on the GDDR5 where it matters. And before you talk about the 18 CUs, the 4 cu's are worth sh** Sony already admited it. That leaves just 2 CU more than XB1. Guess what? the higher clocked GPU will pi** on the extra 2 CU. Sony pulled a fast one and cows fell for it just as last gen.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

They should feel insecure. Even the US favors Sony next gen, partly because they are releasing weaker hardware at $100 more than the competition. I'd say the Xbox brand doesn't have half the appeal that it used to.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

No, but since e3 they have been in full DC mode  and they need to be. 

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Can't be as insecure as you are.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
No,but you seem to be :|
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

Scipio8

lol GDDR5 and DDR3 from the same family, the XB1 actually has higher bandwidth to the CPU than the PS4. ESRAM pi*** on the GDDR5 where it matters. And before you talk about the 18 CUs, the 4 cu's are worth sh** Sony already admited it. That leaves just 2 CU more than XB1. Guess what? the higher clocked GPU will pi** on the extra 2 CU. Sony pulled a fast one and cows fell for it just as last gen.

you have no idea what you are talking about, stop implying the Jaguar CPU in both consoles can even use anything close to 60 gb/s in a cycle...

when did Sony say 4 extra CU's are garbage ? :lol: 

Microsoft has stated and DF has stated that their is diminishing returns on adding CU's around 12-14 CU's, adding more CU's doesnt scale linearly anymore, okay, so Sony is RECOMMENDING, not FORCING, that developers use the 14:4 model, doesnt mean they have to use that CU setup at all.

so no, the 4 extra CU's arent useless, because those 4 CU's will be applied to GCN compute, over 400+ gigaflops for awesome physics and everything else while the Xbox One will still be stuck using 12 CU's, 2 LESS then PS4's 14 CU's for graphical rendering and stuck with absolutely no compute from the GCN GPU LOL 

so wow PS4 having 2 more CU's for graphical rendering and over 400+ gigaflops dedicated to physics,raytracing audio, compute, everything.

sorry to say but either the Xbox One tries to match the PS4 in compute by dedicating CU's to compute, 8:4 if trying to replicate the 14:4 model of the PS4 or its games will suffer HARD when compared to ps4 games and have sucky physics and everything else.

oh and BTW, Xbox One CU count isnt in the diminishing returns terroritory of adding CU's to a GCN card, so if it were to even try to match 14:4, you will see even more of a drop per CU because from 1-12 CU's it does scale linearly, meaning a bigger dip in graphical quality, etc

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#22 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Microsoft seems very confident to me, they are convinced that the Kinect has something to add for everyone whether it be motion games like we've seen on the 360 or voice controls or the fact that you automatically sign in when you pick up the controller.  Plus, the XB1 is launching with Forza 5, which is huge, and getting a new Halo sometime soon.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

...maybe if Nintendo took a page from M$'s book..  the Wii-U would've sold more. :|

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'd say the near constant DC coming out of ms lately is a good sign that shrinkage has occurred.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I would hope so, the xbone is an awful product. Its the next Zune.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Pretty obvious they are with the daily propaganda they drop about this and that trying to save their image. They've yet to do much right when it comes to the xbone.
thrillh0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thrillh0
Member since 2008 • 335 Posts

[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]

Krelian-co

stop.jpg

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"][QUOTE="LA-Nighthawk"]If anyone Sony are the insecure ones with how humble they are and how they go out of their way to not step on anyone's toes. Grow a pair. LA-Nighthawk

And Titanfall still has more awards than all PS4 games. Almost like gameplay trounces graphics now and forever.

TitanFall isn't exclusive to Xbone either.

MoneySha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MoneySha
Member since 2013 • 209 Posts

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

It just seems to me, Microsoft is always saying and doing stuff to damage controll... Every time I see a Microsoft or Xbox One artical, they're always mentioning "Sony", "What Sony is doing with PS4", "GDDR5 vs DDR3", "Their games vs PS4 games", "Their system is balanced... blah, blah, blah!" 

So far, Microsoft has proven to be unprofessional, damage controlling, and really, really, childish, ever since the reveal about Xbox One. If Microsoft was so sure about X1, they'd shut up and let the games and the hardware do the talking; instead, they're constantly in gaming forums and on Neogaf, damage controlling... I think that says a lot about their insecurities...

For a company that has said before that, "it's not about the hardware, it's about the games", they sure can't seem to shut up about it... This company has spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars (enough money to feed a small starving country) on a "gaming console" because they thought they could secure a #1 spot in gaming while, the competition probably hasn't even spent half that.

They're feeling scared going into this next gen and it's making them feel "sick"; It's understandable... The pressure and all!!!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

ZoomZoom2490
LOL.. X1 has 256bit DDR3 i.e. 68GB/s > Xbox 360's GDDR3 @ 22.4GB/s GDDR3 is based on DDR2. GDDR5 is based on DDR3.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

Scipio8

Retail 7850 with 16 CUs @ 860 Mhz > prototype 7850 with 12 CUs @ 860 Mhz.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/768-shader-pitcairn-review,3196-5.html

0702%20Crysis2%20DX11.png

PS4's GCN with 18 CUs @800Mhz with 176 GB/s memory is slightly faster than retail 7850 with 16 CUs @ 860 Mhz with 153.6 GB/s memory.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Well. The Xbox team is unsure about what they want their product to be. We have seen this since the announcement with all the 180s. So yeah, I think they are insecure about their product.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="Scipio8"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

xboxiphoneps3

you have no idea what you are talking about, stop implying the Jaguar CPU in both consoles can even use anything close to 60 gb/s in a cycle...

when did Sony say 4 extra CU's are garbage ? :lol:

Microsoft has stated and DF has stated that their is diminishing returns on adding CU's around 12-14 CU's, adding more CU's doesnt scale linearly anymore, okay, so Sony is RECOMMENDING, not FORCING, that developers use the 14:4 model, doesnt mean they have to use that CU setup at all.

so no, the 4 extra CU's arent useless, because those 4 CU's will be applied to GCN compute, over 400+ gigaflops for awesome physics and everything else while the Xbox One will still be stuck using 12 CU's, 2 LESS then PS4's 14 CU's for graphical rendering and stuck with absolutely no compute from the GCN GPU LOL

so wow PS4 having 2 more CU's for graphical rendering and over 400+ gigaflops dedicated to physics,raytracing audio, compute, everything.

sorry to say but either the Xbox One tries to match the PS4 in compute by dedicating CU's to compute, 8:4 if trying to replicate the 14:4 model of the PS4 or its games will suffer HARD when compared to ps4 games and have sucky physics and everything else.

oh and BTW, Xbox One CU count isnt in the diminishing returns terroritory of adding CU's to a GCN card, so if it were to even try to match 14:4, you will see even more of a drop per CU because from 1-12 CU's it does scale linearly, meaning a bigger dip in graphical quality, etc

On certain segment, CUs can scale...

I'll post another 768 stream processor GCN, but with lower memory specs i.e. AMD FirePro W5000 SKU.

FirePro_W5000_GPUZ.jpg

FirePro W5000's 102 GB/s video memory bandwidth and has four links to L2 cache pools.

Some gaming benchmarks for AMD FirePro W5000.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/workstation-graphics-card-gaming,review-32643-9.html

7850 = 45.

W5000 = 33.

Crysis2DX11-1080p.png

FirePro W5000's 12 CUs (825 Mhz) scales down from Radeon HD 7850's 16 CUs (860 Mhz).

7850's 45.3 fps / 16 CUs (860Mhz) = 2.831 x 8 CUs = 22.65 fps which roughly matches 7750's 21.5 fps result. 7750 is clocked at 800Mhz.

My scale down theory vs actual results works.

If we use the 7850 and 7750 as the two points for the "line of best fit", FirePro W5000 falls into the expected slot for scaled 12 CUs @ ~800 Mhz i.e. 2.831 x 12 CU = 33.97 fps.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

Scipio8

So you think the X1 is stronger/faster than the PS4? :lol:

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Microsoft seems very confident to me, they are convinced that the Kinect has something to add for everyone whether it be motion games like we've seen on the 360 or voice controls or the fact that you automatically sign in when you pick up the controller.  Plus, the XB1 is launching with Forza 5, which is huge, and getting a new Halo sometime soon.

realguitarhero5

Forza is not a system seller like Grand Turismo. Killzone SF will sell more than Forza.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="Scipio8"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

StrongBlackVine

So you think the X1 is stronger/faster than the PS4? :lol:

X1's GPU has superior GPU memory write speeds and triangle rate.

PS4's GPU has superior GPU memory read speeds and CU(ALU/TMUs) count.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#38 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

StrongBlackVine

Forza is not a system seller like Grand Turismo. Killzone SF will sell more than Forza.

Since when was GT a system seller? Forza trumps Gran Turismo in almost every way. Forza is one of Microsoft's big exclusives and certainly would help sway me if I planned on stooping as low as buying a console. But new Halo and Gears of War games will help the Xbox One, and so will Titanfall.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 timbers_WSU

I would hope so, the xbone is an awful product. Its the next Zune.

tenaka2
Laugh worthy post.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

Scipio8

You really have no clue Wtf you are talking about
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

It just seems to be a lot of talk as if they don't have true confidence in their product.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

So a lack of confidence means you talk often about the subject you are insecure about and having confidence means you don't talk about the subject you are so sure of?

come on TC

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Lemmings are insecure about it, that much is certain.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts
If anyone Sony are the insecure ones with how humble they are and how they go out of their way to not step on anyone's toes. Grow a pair. LA-Nighthawk
Pfft! Sony had a "Stand and Deliver" moment at E3. You couldn't be more off.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 timbers_WSU

Lemmings are insecure about it, that much is certain.

Netherscourge
If people were worried about it they would not buy it right now. Why would you spend $500 if you thought the company were insecure? Dumb people making stupid comments over and over and over....
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
so just like lems.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

With this kind of weak specs expecting the system to last 10 years you better be insecure.silversix_

That doesn't make sense at all, I would call them over confident .

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

They found room to bump up clock speeds on both the CPU and GPU, how is that insecure? If they were that insecure, they would have made major changes as soon as they found out what Sony were doing in February.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Talking more about the other console and games then the one you want to buy yourself, now that is considered insecure !