NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

With the NX arriving later this year, it seems many potential Xbone customers are waiting to see what Nintendo drops before committing to the Xbone.

In the Amazon best sellers list, the Xbone has dropped to #70, a historic low. And this is even with the $50 price advantage the Xbone has over the PS4.

The PS4 is still at a steady #8-15 depending on the hour and day.

Microsoft has to ensure the Xbone 1.5 is stronger than both the current PS4 and NX, or it looks like it is gameover. The Xbone has no big-hitting exclusive. Even VGChartz, which historically has overtracked Xbox shipments, place Halo 5 at only 4.5 million LTD, meaning its actual LTD will be closer to 3 million. This is very worrying for Microsoft, but fantastic for gamers.

What are your thoughts?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Afanboy thread

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

MS are still selling units, I really don't think they are that worried about what internet fanboys say.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NotAFanboy

@clyde46 said:

MS are still selling units, I really don't think they are that worried about what internet fanboys say.

Their sold-through units are closer to the original Xbox than the 360 at this point.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@notafanboy said:
@clyde46 said:

Their sold-through units are closer to the original Xbox than the 360 at this point.

Proof?

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FLOPPAGE_50

@Juub1990 said:
@notafanboy said:
@clyde46 said:

Proof?

dat amazon bro

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NotAFanboy

@Juub1990 said:
@notafanboy said:
@clyde46 said:

Proof?

Microsoft only sells around 7-8 million per year in the US. They have no presence anywhere else. I doubt they sell more than 500k units per year in other countries combined. VGChartz numbers are BS. I think Xbone sales are closed to 16-17 million.

Also, the Xbone has peaked and will sell a lot lower this year than last year.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clyde46

@notafanboy said:
@Juub1990 said:
@notafanboy said:
@clyde46 said:

Proof?

Microsoft only sells around 7-8 million per year in the US. They have no presence anywhere else. I doubt they sell more than 500k units per year in other countries combined. VGChartz numbers are BS. I think Xbone sales are closed to 16-17 million.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

They may start to very soon. Noticed how they lowered the price and no one even noticed? Not looking pretty.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NotAFanboy

@clyde46 said:
@notafanboy said:
@Juub1990 said:
@notafanboy said:

Proof?

The reason why MS doesn't comment on VGChartz is because they are significantly overtracking the Xbone and it makes them look better than their real position.

If the Xbone is still several million behind 20 million, this will shatter consumer confidence even more and make even the most loyal Xbox fans (Including MisterXMedia) switch to the PS4. Microsoft also opening up their network is proof that hardly anyone uses Xbox LIVE and sold-through units are not anywhere close to 20 million.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Here i thought for the first time you've created a solid thread :D

You need to have proof Cerny :D Provide a link or sth.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

As usual your posts have no proof and are all conjecture. How do your fingers smell?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clyde46

@notafanboy said:
@clyde46 said:
@notafanboy said:
@Juub1990 said:
@notafanboy said:

Proof?

The reason why MS doesn't comment on VGChartz is because they are significantly overtracking the Xbone and it makes them look better than their real position.

If the Xbone is still several million behind 20 million, this will shatter consumer confidence even more than make everyone switch to the PS4. Microsoft also opening up their network is proof that hardly anyone uses Xbox LIVE and sold-through units are not anywhere close to 20 million.

You have really gone off the deep end.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@notafanboy Personally I couldn't care less one way or the other but perhaps you could inject some actual facts into your thread. It would certainly help a lot in thread that is presented as factual. You know a link or two with corroborating evidence from reputable sources to support your statements (LolVGCharts is not reputable even then you haven't actually linked there figures either)

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NotAFanboy

@cainetao11 said:

As usual your posts have no proof and are all conjecture. How do your fingers smell?

No proof? YoY sales are considerably down for the Xbone for both Jan and Feb. March 2016 looks like it'll be down even more as consumers lose interest on the Xbox brand and with anticipation of Nintendo's new console. A 60-70% YoY drop is possible for the Xbone at this point.

The 360 has also overtaken the Xbone considering similar timeframes. Microsoft is no longer using that PR line in their NPD PR spins.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GarGx1

@notafanboy said:
@cainetao11 said:

No proof? YoY sales are considerably down for the Xbone for both Jan and Feb. March 2016 looks like it'll be down even more as consumers lose interest on the Xbox brand and with anticipation of Nintendo's new console. A 60-70% YoY drop is possible for the Xbone at this point.

The 360 has also overtaken the Xbone considering similar timeframes. Microsoft is no longer using that PR line in their NPD PR spins.

You're spouting numbers and 'facts' without evidence. Show where these come from and we'll stop asking for sources.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

Garbage thread from a garbage poster. Seems about right.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NotAFanboy

@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@cainetao11 said:

You're spouting numbers and 'facts' without evidence. Show where these come from and we'll stop asking for sources.

NPD.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GarGx1
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@cainetao11 said:

NPD.

Show us, it's your thread and your statements, it's your job to prove them, not mine to go look it up. Provide the evidence.

I'm not attacking you just trying to help you strengthen your thread. Either that or you have nothing and are trolling, in which case I'm out.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@notafanboy said:

With the NX arriving later this year, it seems many potential Xbone customers are waiting to see what Nintendo drops before committing to the Xbone.

In the Amazon best sellers list, the Xbone has dropped to #70, a historic low. And this is even with the $50 price advantage the Xbone has over the PS4.

The PS4 is still at a steady #8-15 depending on the hour and day.

Microsoft has to ensure the Xbone 1.5 is stronger than both the current PS4 and NX, or it looks like it is gameover. The Xbone has no big-hitting exclusive. Even VGChartz, which historically has overtracked Xbox shipments, place Halo 5 at only 4.5 million LTD, meaning its actual LTD will be closer to 3 million. This is very worrying for Microsoft, but fantastic for gamers.

What are your thoughts?

The XB1 is currently selling just fine. It doesn't have to beat the PS4 to be a success. A more improved XB1 will just help keep it competitive against the PS4.

The NX is basically a non-factor in this equation and most likely doesn't intimidate either Microsoft or Sony.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50

OP Getting ripped apart, hilarious

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NotAFanboy

@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:

NPD.

Show us, it's your thread and your statements, it's your job to prove them, not mine to go look it up. Provide the evidence.

I'm not attacking you just trying to help you strengthen your thread. Either that or you have nothing and are trolling, in which case I'm out.

So you need my help to look up NPD threads?

You would make more sense if I'm quoting numbers from some obscure study, but NPD numbers are publicly available and easily found.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GarGx1

@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:

NPD.

You would make more sense if I'm quoting numbers from some obscure study, but NPD numbers are publicly available and easily found.

I'm out

MetalGearJoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MetalGearJoel
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

Lol at rummaging through Amazon to see how bad the Xbone sales are and checking periodically to see where the PS4 charts. Some people don't take this serious enough.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#25 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Microsoft are selling Xbox units, and as whole company Microsoft likely makes more money than Sony and Nintendo combined, I doubt they are panicking.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:

NPD.

YOU made the thread. Read the SW survival guide. You link the proof. And I own stock in all 3 console manufacturers the entire industry is down year on year genius.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clyde46

@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:

NPD.

I'm out

Surprised you went this far.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NotAFanboy

@cainetao11 said:
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:
@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:

NPD.

YOU made the thread. Read the SW survival guide. You link the proof. And I own stock in all 3 console manufacturers the entire industry is down year on year genius.

1) Neogaf insiders have put Xbone sales at 248k last month.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214538&page=1#

Xbone sold 276k Feb 2015.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199566

2) SONY is UP YoY by 20%.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GarGx1

@clyde46: I was feeling generous but I think I now know who's alt the TC is.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NotAFanboy

@GarGx1 said:

LOL @ the conspiracy theories.

Someone who speaks facts and truth = troll on system wars.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46

@notafanboy said:
@GarGx1 said:

LOL @ the conspiracy theories.

Someone who speaks facts and truth = troll on system wars.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NotAFanboy

Ok, let's take a look at facts.

MS has always used the "Xbone selling more than 360 considering timeframe" PR line in their spin pieces.

They stopped using that line at the start of this year, meaning the 360 is now ahead of the Xbone considering timeframe.

The 360 sold 17.7 million in 2 years.

Read: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/7495-global-xbox-360-sales-for-2007-hit-approx-73-million/

So that means the Xbone is probably around 16-17 million, not 20 million like what VGChartz is saying.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

PS4 is a phenomenon , even with NPD's in MS's backyard. It's no stopping it this gen,. Look at MS, they've already dropped kinect and lowered the price of their console $200 from launch. That says a lot right there.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Unsure why OP's still allowed to create threads

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

MS? No. The Xbox division? Maybe. It's not like MS is going broke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

@Heil68 said:

PS4 is a phenomenon , even with NPD's in MS's backyard. It's no stopping it this gen,. Look at MS, they've already dropped kinect and lowered the price of their console $200 from launch. That says a lot right there.

I consider them getting rid of the Kinect a VERY GOOD thing. Its ONE of the reasons I finally decided to get an X1 when I thought I'd never get one due to the PS4 being such a good console.

A price drop? IMO The Xbox One should have never been priced that high. Xbox is the weaker hardware it should have the lower price compared to the PS4.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NotAFanboy

@blessedbyhorus said:
@Heil68 said:

I consider them getting rid of the Kinect a VERY GOOD thing. Its ONE of the reasons I finally decided to get an X1 when I thought I'd never get one due to the PS4 being such a good console.

A price drop? IMO The Xbox One should have never been priced that high. Xbox is the weaker hardware it should have the lower price compared to the PS4.

The Xbone costs a lot more to manufacture than the PS4 even without kinect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5b883bb846c10

As for this thread I don't know why the heck people are entertaining it. It reeks of silliness and fanboyism.

MS as a company can take the most risk out of the big three. The video game division doesn't even scratch their main sales. Plus if MS wanted to they can release a console that destroys the PS4 in hardware NEXT year and it still wont hurt them. Thats how much money and resources they have. Thats how much risk they can take. Sony and Nintendo are not MS main competition. Google and Apple are, they always will be... When we see Google or some other company(not linux lol!) making a OS that completely destroys Windows and many people converting to the OS in the BILLIONS, then you can say MS is panicking...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
@notafanboy said:
@blessedbyhorus said:
@Heil68 said:

Yea, I think we should hand it to Cerny for the overall success of the PS4 and not having to spend $10 billion on R&D like MS did on X1.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MonsieurX

@notafanboy said:
@blessedbyhorus said:
@Heil68 said:

20$ difference without kinect and that was 2 years ago at launch. Not "a lot more"

http://gamerant.com/xbox-one-cost-build-manufacture/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5b883bb846c10

@notafanboy@Heil68

Welp I guess that proves MS has a lot to learn about hardware.

Their Surface tablets are okay though...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68

@blessedbyhorus said:

@notafanboy@Heil68

Welp I guess that proves MS has a lot to learn about hardware.

Their Surface tablets are okay though...

Yeah, I may look into one of those next year. The SP4 is alright.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clyde46

@blessedbyhorus said:

As for this thread I don't know why the heck people are entertaining it. It reeks of silliness and fanboyism.

MS as a company can take the most risk out of the big three. The video game division doesn't even scratch their main sales. Plus if MS wanted to they can release a console that destroys the PS4 in hardware NEXT year and it still wont hurt them. Thats how much money and resources they have. Thats how much risk they can take. Sony and Nintendo are not MS main competition. Google and Apple are, they always will be... When we see Google or some other company(not linux lol!) making a OS that completely destroys Windows and many people converting to the OS in the BILLIONS, then you can say MS is panicking...

I'd argue that MS has been losing a lot of Windows users to Apple. The tablet and smart phone market has cannibalized the PC market.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NotAFanboy

@MonsieurX said:
@notafanboy said:
@blessedbyhorus said:
@Heil68 said:

20$ difference without kinect and that was 2 years ago at launch. Not "a lot more"

That price was with Microsoft telling their suppliers that the Xbone will sell 1 billion units LTD and with MS buying a ton of parts and flooding their channels.

Component prices are probably a lot higher for MS with them cutting orders.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

Bring back the 500 post rule...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clyde46

@notafanboy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@notafanboy said:
@blessedbyhorus said:
@Heil68 said:

That price was with Microsoft telling their suppliers that the Xbone will sell 1 billion units LTD and with MS buying a ton of parts and flooding their channels.

You really do chat shit.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonsieurX

@notafanboy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@notafanboy said:
@blessedbyhorus said:
@Heil68 said:

Cool story.

Can I borrow that tin foil hat?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b883bb846c10

@clyde46 said:
@blessedbyhorus said:

I'd argue that MS has been losing a lot of Windows users to Apple. The tablet and smart phone market has cannibalized the PC market.

I would say Google/Android more so...

I always theorized that the death of MS would come through mobile devices. You cant beat MS head on they'll just crush you(see Linux and Apple computers). But if you dont go at them head on you can chip away at the giant. That's what Google and Apple are doing with the mobile market. MS has still not capitalized on the mobile market. Their Windows Phone SUCK ASS and will continue to. As for their tablets like the Surface, its doing decent, but decent is nowhere enough with tablets from Google and Apple.

Hell I think(dont know if true) Google and Apple are now richer than MS.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NotAFanboy

@clyde46 said:
@notafanboy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@notafanboy said:
@blessedbyhorus said:

You really do chat shit.

And you know nothing about logistics, do you?

High-volume customers get large discounts. It is well-documented that MS believed Xbone will sell 1 billion units.

https://www.vg247.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-microsoft-aims-for-1-billion-lifetime-sales-100-million-xbox-360-units/

Microsoft pitched 1 billion sales to their component suppliers and placed a very large initial order giving them great component prices.

As warehouses began to fill up, Microsoft had to cut down on sales and the component makers had to increase prices or they would go belly-up.

These contracts are renewed every year based on performance.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heil68

@notafanboy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@notafanboy said:
@blessedbyhorus said:
@Heil68 said:

Then you add in that other $10 Billion that MS spent and yeah, PS4 is way cheaper to produce in the long run.