Is it possible Sony become a monopoly in the console market?

• 97 results
Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

I mean let's say NX flop and then Nintendo goes 3rd party or Microsoft Sony buys Nintendo. Or Nintendo says but Microsoft leaves from console market because of low profit.

Then it's just Sony and Microsoft/Nintendo. I think someone else like Apple or Samsung would be very hard to join console market because they never made any console before, they don't have first party games and people don't trust them because they don't have any gaming history. Sooner or later it's clear that buying 2 consoles that 95% games are multiplatform games are not worth and they mostly buy Sony console because of exclusives and Microsoft is forced to leave market. And Sony becomes monopoly.

Do you think when Sony becomes monopoly, is it easy or hard to enter console market without first party studios? or is it even possible that Nintendo and Microsoft leave market? Nintendo is too poor and Microsoft too big for small console market.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

I don't think that Sony will become a monopoly in the console market any time soon. Even with less sales than PS4, Xbox One is highly successful and Nintendo almost singlehandedly created the console market (NES came out during a time when console gaming was considered dead and it swept the world by storm). I doubt they would quit any time soon.

That said, it's important to understand that console monopoly hurts the consumer. Competition means more and better exclusives, cheaper prices and better service. Playstation 3 is my favorite console of the previous generation but I don't think it would be as good if it wasn't behind Xbox 360, Sony trying their best to catch up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Let's hope not.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Not when software sales of games like mario kart 8, super smash bros, forza 6, halo 5 are in the millions

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

No and that's a good thing. 1 company and no competition is not good for anything or any product/service.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

If MS, the realz for the gamers by the gamers leaves the VG biz, all hope is lost, I quit, game over man, game over. :P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Let's hope not.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Nah too many gamers don't want to play on PC. If microsoft gives up on those people (basically all my friends IRL) there would be a lot less people using windows in general they don't even own a PC.

Xbox was one of the only consumer products people liked from microsoft if they lose that market then they are mainly trapped in a PC only world which is like the wild west of gaming.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@pug987 said:

I don't think that Sony will become a monopoly in the console market any time soon. Even with less sales than PS4, Xbox One is highly successful and Nintendo almost singlehandedly created the console market (NES came out during a time when console gaming was considered dead and it swept the world by storm). I doubt they would quit any time soon.

That said, it's important to understand that console monopoly hurts the consumer. Competition means more and better exclusives, cheaper prices and better service. Playstation 3 is my favorite console of the previous generation but I don't think it would be as good if it wasn't behind Xbox 360, Sony trying their best to catch up.

lol if Nintendo puts out another flop they very well could get out of the hardware business

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No, The Playstation brand can be the MAJORITY, but it can never be a Monopoly as long as Nintendo is around with their High Quality Exclusives. Exclusives that Sony can't really maintain nor have the same brand power.

Case in point, Playstation All Stars versus Super Smash Bros.

Everyone expected Characters like Snake, Cloud, Spyro, Dante, Jill Valentine and Crash Bandicoot to show up in PS Allstars but people forget that those characters were 3rd party owned and were likely never to appear in a game like that, Square would have rather put a Character that has never had his Game on a Nintendo System on Smash than put him on a Game that had a Roster of a bunch of No Name Sony IPs that had no staying power. Seriously Parappa the Rapper is no Captain Falcon.

with that said, The Sony Brand is still pretty dang strong and can get the Majority of Gamers on board, but it can never obtain a monopoly.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

That would be a recipe for disaster.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Probably not, Sony is not very good with business decisions, they are a copy company and lack innovation to become a monopoly.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

Probably not, Sony is not very good with business decisions, they are a copy company and lack innovation to become a monopoly.

You need to play some Sony games cause what you just said is just plain wrong. You have a point there about Sony keeping themselves from getting a Monopoly, but "A Copy Company and Lack innovation?" DID YOU PLAY UNCHARTED 4? DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IT

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

No, The Playstation brand can be the MAJORITY, but it can never be a Monopoly as long as Nintendo is around with their High Quality Exclusives. Exclusives that Sony can't really maintain nor have the same brand power.

Case in point, Playstation All Stars versus Super Smash Bros.

Everyone expected Characters like Snake, Cloud, Spyro, Dante, Jill Valentine and Crash Bandicoot to show up in PS Allstars but people forget that those characters were 3rd party owned and were likely never to appear in a game like that, Square would have rather put a Character that has never had his Game on a Nintendo System on Smash than put him on a Game that had a Roster of a bunch of No Name Sony IPs that had no staying power. Seriously Parappa the Rapper is no Captain Falcon.

with that said, The Sony Brand is still pretty dang strong and can get the Majority of Gamers on board, but it can never obtain a monopoly.

+1

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

You need to play some Sony games cause what you just said is just plain wrong. You have a point there about Sony keeping themselves from getting a Monopoly, but "A Copy Company and Lack innovation?" DID YOU PLAY UNCHARTED 4? DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IT

No, i didnt play Uncharted 4. Im not really an Uncharted fan, i didnt like Uncharted 3. Its too focused on gimmicky graphics and stories. Im not a fan of story focused games either, i almost despise them.

Would love to hear about some Uncharted 4 innovations though, i love innovations. But to me, Sony is just another Blizzard, just not as good.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

PS2 era virtual monopoly would be great.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

I think Microsoft will combine Console and Windows 10 so it will end up Sony consoles verses PC/Xbox connect (as in upgradable parts) vs Nintendo.

They will all play to their strengths and still be here for years to come.

As will the fanboys and this forum, but will be Sony PSX v Nintendo silly name v Windows/Xbox connect.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

It'd be like the ps2 era and it's a good thing but it won't happen anytime soon!!!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

If they do, it's because the market will be pivoting away from dedicated-gaming devices toward multimedia hubs/PCs. But yes, it's possible.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

If Microsoft keep killing their own studios and IP while Nintendo keep making gimmick boxes it might happen.

As much as I would like someone like Samsung to enter the market, I doubt it will happen. It's not just money you have to invest, you have to invest a lot of time into making exclusives for it to work. I don't think you can realistically go on a buying out spree now like Sony did with the PS1, they got incredibly lucky.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#21  Edited By Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

Uncharted is an ND game, it might be exclusive to the sony platforms but it isn't really Sony. Its the same connection Microsoft has with 343 studios and what bungie used to be,

He's saying Sony wouldn't know how to handle a Sonly only territory properly.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

There won't be a monopoly. In the real world, brand loyalty isn't really a thing when it comes to video game consoles. The Xbox didn't sell very well and wasn't on the market very long. The 360 launches and boom, problems solved. The PS2 was untouchable but the PS3 stumbled out of the gate. The Gamecube didn't do real hot but the Wii was on fire most of it's lifespan sales wise. No look where we are today. The PS4 is untouchable, the Xbox One is only doing OK, and the WiiU is already on it's way out. Video game companies cannot just rely on past success and brand loyalty to be successful. Each generation is proving to be unique. The PS1 to PS2 or NES to SNES are really the only exceptions. But no company has held things down for more than 1 or 2 generations.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Hopefully! Microsoft are irrelevant this generation and frankly they are the reason we have shitty practices like exclusive dlc, paying to play online and many other things, MS are not needed!

Nintendo are fine because they arent considered a normal gaming company, they are busy in their own little bubble with their pokemon and mario

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

They almost did wit PS2

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shadowchronicle

@finalstar2007 said:

Hopefully! Microsoft are irrelevant this generation and frankly they are the reason we have shitty practices like exclusive dlc, paying to play online and many other things, MS are not needed!

Nintendo are fine because they arent considered a normal gaming company, they are busy in their own little bubble with their pokemon and Mario

• Buying DLC is a choice made by the customers
  • PSN+ & Microsoft XBL gold accounts get you free games and discounts, the earlier features were not that great when the two monthly subscriptions first started though.
  • Everything you listed Sony has done showing that Sony practices the shitty practice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@finalstar2007 said:

Nintendo are fine because they arent considered a normal gaming company, they are busy in their own little bubble with their pokemon and mario

So Microsoft made Sony charge for PSN? Microsoft made pubs/devs make exclusive DLC content?

Microsoft is irrelevant?

Nintendo isn't considered to be a "normal gaming company?"

You must live on a different planet than I do.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

It will happen just before the death of consoles. The end is near for consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

I hope not.

Somebody needs to keep each company in check.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@GoldenElementXL said:

There won't be a monopoly. In the real world, brand loyalty isn't really a thing when it comes to video game consoles. The Xbox didn't sell very well and wasn't on the market very long. The 360 launches and boom, problems solved. The PS2 was untouchable but the PS3 stumbled out of the gate. The Gamecube didn't do real hot but the Wii was on fire most of it's lifespan sales wise. No look where we are today. The PS4 is untouchable, the Xbox One is only doing OK, and the WiiU is already on it's way out. Video game companies cannot just rely on past success and brand loyalty to be successful. Each generation is proving to be unique. The PS1 to PS2 or NES to SNES are really the only exceptions. But no company has held things down for more than 1 or 2 generations.

There is brand loyalty and dislike though in everything consoles included. Say I buy something and it sucks like my xbox one. I am much less likely to buy another product from them. Say I buy a xbox 360 and it breaks or my xbox disc drive stops working I get mad at the brand not the console market.

There is brand like as well I go into restaurant i like and its good i go back there all the time.

So you telling me there is no brand loyalty in stuff is misinformation.

People stick with the brand for a lot that's why I think xb1 is doing as well as it is because of 360 owners who didn't want to try out playstation. I bet 99% of xb1 owners all had 360's so brand loyalty does exist more than you think in consoles imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

It's possible that it could, anything is possible but I surely hope not.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@pug987: Magnavox started the console industry (if you don't count Atari's Home Pong).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@ProtossRushX said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

There is brand loyalty and dislike though in everything consoles included. Say I buy something and it sucks like my xbox one. I am much less likely to buy another product from them. Say I buy a xbox 360 and it breaks or my xbox disc drive stops working I get mad at the brand not the console market.

There is brand like as well I go into restaurant i like and its good i go back there all the time.

People stick with the brand for a lot that's why I think xb1 is doing as well as it is because of 360 owners who didn't want to try out playstation. I bet 99% of xb1 owners all had 360's so brand loyalty does exist more than you think in consoles imo.

Well I may have exaggerated a bit. There are people out there that are loyal to brands, yes. But there are just as many who want the best thing available. I personally flip flop on things like cell phones or cars because of what's available, what I'm looking for, and personal preference all the time. I own all 3 consoles, but If I could only have 1 this gen, it would be the PS4. Last gen it would have been the Xbox 360, the gen before that would have been the PS2. And the sales performance of the consoles since video games have been a thing support what I'm saying. The "leader" has changed so many times over the years. If brand loyalty was as strong as some think, Nintendo would still be riding off of their NES and SNES success. They fell off HARD in the N64/Gamecube days because of the new things being brought to the market. And the same thing happened when Nintendo launched the Wii. And how do you explain the Wii U struggle? Over 100 million people bought the Wii, but something like 13-14 million bought the Wii U.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I surely hope they don't. That would be awful for gaming. Nothing against Sony, but a monopoly on anything is bad. Competition keeps innovation up and prices down.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Let's hope not.

@Heil68 said:

No and that's a good thing. 1 company and no competition is not good for anything or any product/service.

Well said. In no industry has a monopoly been beneficial to consumers in human history. Progress and innovation stagnates.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cainetao11

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

I'm playing and loving it. But what is innovative about it? The rope? (Indy's whip) The Jeep? Its Uncharted.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: The day consoles die is the day gaming dies.

double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

@indzman said:
@charizard1605 said:

Let's hope not.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cainetao11

@GoldenElementXL said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Well I may have exaggerated a bit. There are people out there that are loyal to brands, yes. But there are just as many who want the best thing available. I personally flip flop on things like cell phones or cars because of what's available, what I'm looking for, and personal preference all the time. I own all 3 consoles, but If I could only have 1 this gen, it would be the PS4. Last gen it would have been the Xbox 360, the gen before that would have been the PS2. And the sales performance of the consoles since video games have been a thing support what I'm saying. The "leader" has changed so many times over the years. If brand loyalty was as strong as some think, Nintendo would still be riding off of their NES and SNES success. They fell off HARD in the N64/Gamecube days because of the new things being brought to the market. And the same thing happened when Nintendo launched the Wii. And how do you explain the Wii U struggle? Over 100 million people bought the Wii, but something like 13-14 million bought the Wii U.

You're also leaving out the consumers that are new to the market though. Each gen has a % of people that never owned a console before. What that % is we don't know. But then what % of those consumers go with the same brand in the next gen? They have then become brand loyal to an extant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Hopefully not. They need competition to keep them in check, so they don't get lazy and try to take advantage of the customers. Same goes for Microsoft and Nintendo as well.

The closest Sony came to a monopoly was with the PS2 and look what happened after that, they got really arrogant and the PS3 started off as a terrible console with no games, an insane price, hardware that was intentionally difficult to program for, and none of the innovation that the Wii and Xbox 360 were bringing to the table at the time since Sony thought after their dominance with the PS2, that people were just going to buy the PS3 no matter what. They were so arrogant at the time that they even publicly made comments like: "People will buy the PS3 even if there are no games" and "Get a second job to be able to afford the PS3".

Sony definitely needed to be humbled at that time and thankfully there was competition to humble them. After they started getting their ass kicked for a few years and lost half of their market share to the competition, Sony became less arrogant, started working harder, and turned the PS3 into a good console in the second half of the generation which all gamers benefited from. I don't ever want to see the day where Sony or anybody else even gets close to a monopoly again since history shows the monopolies are always bad for the customers.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@vfighter said:

@zeeshanhaider: The day consoles die is the day gaming dies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@storm_of_swords said:

Hopefully not. They need competition to keep them in check, so they don't get lazy and try to take advantage of the customers. Same goes for Microsoft and Nintendo as well.

The closest Sony came to a monopoly was with the PS2 and look what happened after that, they got really arrogant and the PS3 started off as a terrible console with no games, an insane price, hardware that was intentionally difficult to program for, and none of the innovation that the Wii and Xbox 360 were bringing to the table at the time since Sony thought after their dominance with the PS2, that people were just going to buy the PS3 no matter what. They were so arrogant at the time that they even publicly made comments like: "People will buy the PS3 even if there are no games" and "Get a second job to be able to afford the PS3".

Sony definitely needed to be humbled at that time and thankfully there was competition to humble them. After they started getting their ass kicked for a few years, Sony became less arrogant, started working harder, and turned the PS3 into a good console in the second half of the generation which all gamers benefited from. I don't ever want to see the day where Sony or anybody else even gets close to a monopoly again since history shows the monopolies are always bad for the customers.

The problem is I don't know if Nintendo and Xbox can compete or even are trying.

The WiiU is a laughing stock and everything we heard about the NX has been bad. We saw leaked controller that looked "odd" we hear its less powerful than the current consoles.

They didn't even make a 3d traditional mario on the WiiU like they put out two for the Wii!

Xbox is doing even worse they haven't been competing at all. On the exclusive front this generation my excitement for owning the console is at all time low.

Sometimes companies do need to crash and burn if they put out bad products. Uncharted 4 needs competition and games like quantum break aren't it.

When Sega was competing with super nintendo do you remember all the exclusives and advertisements they were putting out?

Sonic games, this system does what nintendont THAT was competition what xbox one and wiiU is doing against the ps4 isn't competition! They are in their own worlds and its hurting consumers cause their only choice is the ps4 now until someone actually steps in the ring against the ps4.

Xbox one needs games like uncharted 4 and less games like quantum break. Nintendo needs hardware like the ps4 not like WiiU. They need to run ads saying PS4 is garbage it can't do this game etc and the game is 10/10 etc instead of look guys uh we exist.

RekonMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RekonMeister
Member since 2016 • 784 Posts

Honestly i think people here really don't have a clue what they are talking about, no console is even close to a monopoly.

The only place this could happen is with NVIDIA / intel and AMD, AMD is on a really steep up hill battle with desktop CPU's, hopefully ZEN brings them back to relevence.

GPU wise NVIDIA still sells WAY more than AMD, though AMD have being producing high quality GPU's ever since the HD 4k series.

There i sno monopoly and we are not even close to seeing one happen, MS also has WAY too much bank to be defeated that easily, check OG XBOX.. a beautiful machine, it never won the race it never needed to.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shadowchronicle

>Xbox one needs games like uncharted 4 and less games like quantum break. Nintendo needs hardware like the ps4 not like WiiU. They need to run ads saying PS4 is garbage it can't do this game etc and the game is 10/10 etc instead of look guys uh we exist.

They don't need to do that. Sony does it because they can get away with it. Also commercials like that tend to look bad when looked back at, like the commercial about how easy it is to borrow a game from a friend on the PS4... They ended up making a commercial that looks completely stupid now because you can also do it on the xbox one and well, now they just look stupid in the commercial.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

that'd be awesome, the best generation ever (6th) was when Sony had a virtual monopoly. M$ doesn't bring anything positive to the table and Nintendo would be better off making happy meal toys and mobile games.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Flubbbs said:
@pug987 said:

lol if Nintendo puts out another flop they very well could get out of the hardware business

console hardware, their mobile platforms are very successful.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darkangel115

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@iandizion713 said:

The lack of innovation has nothing to do with games. I think he's talking more hardware. Sony never believed in online play until this gen. Thats why it was free last gen, they didn't think people cared about it. They made the move to copy the Wii's success, PSVR to copy oculus and rift, and the list goes on. They are always behind on even the most basic things like changing your PSN ID or folders for your game library. They didn't invest in having dedicated servers because again, they didn't think people cared about online play. MS took a big chance with it back in 2003 when it started XBL and it's paid off, but it took about 5-6 years before it really hit it stride, sony doesn't take those risks and they kill things off in 2-3 years if it doesn't work (move, Vita, etc)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

No. Console market is too big. If Microsoft or Nintendo bows out, somebody else will step up. Probably something from an existing large scale company like Amazon who can enter the market at a better price point to undercut who ever is left.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darkangel115

@GoldenElementXL said:

brand loyalty is a thing. even with the 360 being successful, it still got it's butt kicked by the PS3 in every territory other then NA. Every territory that isn't NA is always sony land due to brand loyalty. The difference is NA where people tend to be less loyal and just pick what the think is best. 360 dominated PS3 in NA but still only outsold it by a couple million at best world wide in the long run. This gen PS4 is outselling XB1 2>1 but they are about even in NA, the rest of the world sony is dominating. The PS2 came out and it's only competition was the game cube and nintendo has been seen as a "for kids" brand PS2 ran unopposed for more then half the gen until the xbox launched but it was a new brand and PS2 was already in the 100+ million sold at that point. impossible for xbox to catch up. Do a little more thinking next time ;)

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#50 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

That's when I stop gaming we all know the prices will go up we all know Nintendos IPS are better we all know it won't happen 3ds says hi if Nintendo has a handheld it will always have a console