Is it just me, or...

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
I prefer actually owning my games (I take it you aren't a game collector?).Some-Mist
What does collector mean exactly? I like games, and I buy games, therefore I have games. I have a steam COLLECTION, therefore I am a COLLECTOR. :wink: I consider my steam games owned when I can access them from any computer.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#52 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

As long as I get to keep playing good games, I'm happy.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I actually prefer digital copies. Even for the Xbox 360. They go straight to the harddrive and you don't have to worry about discs or anything. In the last year at least 50% of my game purchases have been digital.
Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Boxes and manuals are a waste of material and space. TailBlood

And money...

Agreed.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
I think for PC it is fine, as most games can be ran in an emulator or modded to work in the future, with consoles I prefer boxes. I still play my mega drive 20 years after it launched, would I be able to play games on a console that is digital distribution only in 20 years? doubtful once the servers go down. While you could probably keep it installed on your hard drive, the hard drive would have to be huge and be able to last 20 years, which is unlikely.
adam1808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#56 adam1808
Member since 2009 • 264 Posts

I like to open new games boxes and sniff them. PS games smell like clean, slightly citrusly empty warehouses, Xbox games have a nostalgic dustyness and PC games have a nice woody tone. I don't know why more people don't do this...

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

I like to open new games boxes and sniff them. PS games smell like clean, slightly citrusly empty warehouses, Xbox games have a nostalgic dustyness and PC games have a nice woody tone. I don't know why more people don't do this...

adam1808

My wife ,kids and my newphew laugh at me when I get something new cause I smell of it...I love opening things and smelling the newness..:)

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

adam1808

haha, classic. I sometimes do that with electronics too :P

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I never buy retail PC games. Somehow it feels natural for PC.

I buy way too many console games to make digital download for consoles very practical for me, plus i like to trade in game from time to time. But i dont mind buying games from xboxlive arcade or psn, games like Limbo or Shattered, etc.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

What does collector mean exactly? I like games, and I buy games, therefore I have games. I have a steam COLLECTION, therefore I am a COLLECTOR. :wink: I consider my steam games owned when I can access them from any computer. 110million
I enjoy buying games even if there's a slim chance I'll ever get to play it. For example, my RPG backlog is pretty outrageous. I own some very long games that I may never get the chance to play, but I hope that there will be a time I might get around to trying them out. I try to get everything that appeals to my tastes and/or is critically acclaimed.

i.e. SMT: nocturne, dds, dds2, persona 3 fes, persona 4
resonance of fate
ff9, 10, 10-2
Xenosaga Episodes 1-3 and so on

here's a portion of mine:

that's excluding the ones that aren't in "like new" condition with missing manuals and scratched disks from childhood, and the one's that I have out that I'm playing right now :/