Is Halo Reach the most disappointing sequel ever?

• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

Halo Reach was a huge disappointment to me, worst Halo game in terms of fun imo.

Jagged3dge

describe "fun"

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

I don't even like Halo as a whole, and verily enjoyed it

pills4louis

thats the problem. you didnt really like halo in the first place but you enjoyed halo reach. what does that tell you

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

[QUOTE="ghostwarrior786"]

i dont understand developers, they spend years trying to perfect their formula than they throw it out the window. halo 3 was great game but halo reach with bloom, slower speed, no bleedthrough etc. just seems like a step backward. reminds me of gears of war 2 but epic, to their credit, have made for that mess with gears of war 3 one of the best multiplayer game i have ever played.

pc-ps360

i have doubts u played reach

are you seriously trying to say you dont notice the speed difference? play halo reach then go play the c lassic playlist

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#154 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Reach´s campaign is seriously disappointingPAL360
WHAT?! You mad bro?

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Awful sequel, great prequel ;)

:P

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Halo Reach has the most god awful maps within the halo series and multiplayer in general. Not to mention amror lock is a broken over used game mechanic. If those two things were fixed then I would actually enjoy playing on live. I swear the only thng they got riight with Reach was Firefight. I will admit it is extremely fun

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
Reachs campaign was great i thought. Far better than Halo 3s... I loved Reach as a whole actually.
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

I don't even like Halo as a whole, and verily enjoyed it

ghostwarrior786

thats the problem. you didnt really like halo in the first place but you enjoyed halo reach. what does that tell you

that reach is vastly different from other halos, which is a good thing?

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts

Condemned 2 is the worst sequel ever.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

No, Halo Reach is pretty much the only game I'm jealous of the 360 having, being a ps3 owner. I used to have a 360 and personally, thought halo 3 was dreadful in comparison to halo 2. Went round to my mates and played Reach and thought it improved in every possible way, not to mention the fact that firefights was an awesome addition.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Firstly it's a prequel and likely one of the best prequels evah plus, Halo: Reach's Sequel is fo sho the best evah....

Halo CE. :P

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="pc-ps360"]

i dont understand developers, they spend years trying to perfect their formula than they throw it out the window. halo 3 was great game but halo reach with bloom, slower speed, no bleedthrough etc. just seems like a step backward. reminds me of gears of war 2 but epic, to their credit, have made for that mess with gears of war 3 one of the best multiplayer game i have ever played.

ghostwarrior786

are you seriously trying to say you dont notice the speed difference? play halo reach then go play the c lassic playlist

i did after playing reach i found that halo 3 mp is unplayable and toooooooo slow

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Not the most. But definitely DISAPPOINTING.

However, better than Halo 3, me thinks.

Avatar image for atomsmasher1313
atomsmasher1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 atomsmasher1313
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts

When Halo 4 comes out, its going to take the title of worst sequel ever to a whole new frightening level. A different dev trying to reboot a clearly finished series? It's gonna suck so bad it HURTS.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#167 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
possibly, gears 2 was a huge letdown because of the randomness. Reach is still fixable at this point, but i doubt bungie will do anything with it.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Microsoft1234

[QUOTE="pc-ps360"]

pc-ps360

i did after playing reach i found that halo 3 mp is unplayable and toooooooo slow

it's also alot more balanced though, so there's that. Not to mention the bloom slows down reach too, it's not as clear cut as you think in terms of pace.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Microsoft1234

No, Halo Reach is pretty much the only game I'm jealous of the 360 having, being a ps3 owner. I used to have a 360 and personally, thought halo 3 was dreadful in comparison to halo 2. Went round to my mates and played Reach and thought it improved in every possible way, not to mention the fact that firefights was an awesome addition.

DarthJohnova
you obviously haven't played other halos and didn't play reach enough. All people do on reach is complain about Bungie.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Microsoft1234
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

sure you did - but look at it like this: Reach scored a 9.5 here on GS and has an average score of 9.2, was wildly nominated for Best Shooter and GOTY (amoung others), all the while keeping true to a formula that was created in 2001 or before

If that is a "disappointing" game then the games that had preceeded it must have been pretty damned amazing.

themyth01

So what you're saying is my opinion for halo reach being an disappointment is wrong? Because it it scored an 9+ and was nominated for afew awards?

Well it's just your opinion against many reviewers. If you think it's a disappointment, it doesn't mean it is. That's why there is individuality. You could argue about its critical success, but then as the quoted poster suggested Halo Reach was received very well critically.

you mean the same reviewers that gave odst a 9, gta 4 a 10? (LOLOL) and gave mw2 a 9. Any other game than cod with that many bugs in the beginning, would be brutalized in scoring.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Microsoft1234

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]I thought Halo Reach was... FAR better than Halo 3. :?timmy00

I have to agree that Reach was better than Halo 3. Halo 3 MP might have been a bit better but my god the SP was awful. (imo :P) Reach campaign was much better. It was still pretty meh though.

Anyways that honor goes to DMC2 TC.

Actually I change my answer to Dynasty Warriors 6.

yea but halo games are known mainly for multiplayer. So if multiplayer in a halo game is that much better, I gotta go with halo 3 over reach.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Microsoft1234

Lol what is this? Reach is a massive improvement over 3 to me. 3 had a piss poor campaign. Good multiplay, but definitely not much, if any better then Reach.

Halo 1 is by far the best, but 2 and reach are both at the same level.

magnax1
NO, halo 2 multiplayer destroys reach in every department. Reach could have a better campaign if you want to go that way.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
To all the "Reach is a prequel" people, the fact that it was released after the first title of an established franchise, and is a part of said franchise that makes it a sequel. In terms of story it may take place before the original making it a prequel, but no one is incorrect when they refer to Reach as a sequel, and frankly you come off as very obnoxious when saying things like "FAIL it be a prequel!"
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Microsoft1234

Plagueless
1. prequel, not sequel, duh 2. dmr with bloom requires far more skill than the jack of all trades battle rifle. 3.slower speed is to compensate for sprint. If you would use sprint instead of armor lock once, you might enjoy it more and get more kills. 4.forge is vastly improved, the arena is a true skill test, and the community of halo is better than ever. I highly disagree with all of your points. Reach is one of the best, if not the best, prequel/sequels ive ever played. (ME2 is tied) From the forges constant new maps to the amazing multiplayer, Reach is without a doubt the best Halo after CE and has the best online of all. Reach is one of the few games i feel like i got my money's worth just in hours playing it.

a couple things, bloom adds skill but it also takes away some with the inconsistency. The skillgap from a great player and pro player is alot less in this game than other halos. Bloom needs some refining, it's clear bungie messed up. Forge is improved, but it's also lacking. The fact that you have to used an entire forge world with the same aesthetics makes the maps look all the same and cause frame rate issues on forgeworld maps.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"]

Microsoft1234

you obviously haven't played other halos and didn't play reach enough. All people do on reach is complain about Bungie.

It's always been that way though. Fans complained with the changes from Halo CE to Halo 2, and let's not forget the huge whining that followed from Halo 2 to Halo 3.

I never even go near Bungie.NET now because it's tiring to hear so many people that refuse to accept change instead of enjoying Reach for what it is.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Microsoft1234
[QUOTE="dommeus"]

Reach was better than Halo 3 anyway. Well, the campaign was.

khoofia_pika
So was the multiplayer

sorry,I'd rather take a more balanced game in halo 3 than REach with abilities it seemed like bungie just threw in. Reach's only clear advantage is hitscan which isn't even 100%, it's around 80%
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Microsoft1234

[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"][QUOTE="DarthJohnova"]

Kickinurass

It's always been that way though. Fans complained with the changes from Halo CE to Halo 2, and let's not forget the huge whining that followed from Halo 2 to Halo 3.

I never even go near Bungie.NET now because it's tiring to hear so many people that refuse to accept change instead of enjoying Reach for what it is.

a couple things, halo 1 was much better, as was halo 2. I can see people arguing for halo reach over halo 3. But the multiplayer has not improved, period. It became clear after halo 3 that bungie has no idea what they're doing.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

MW2,DMC2,Unreal tournament 3 and RE5 are all better contenders for this dubios honour tbh

butisitbluray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 butisitbluray
Member since 2011 • 186 Posts

no killzone 3 is

Sordidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Sordidus
Member since 2008 • 2036 Posts

Dragon Age 2 is the worst.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I still hear people saying Halo: Reach is great though.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

i really really enjoyed reach actually, i found it way more enjoyable then halo 3

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"] you obviously haven't played other halos and didn't play reach enough. All people do on reach is complain about Bungie.Microsoft1234

a couple things, halo 1 was much better, as was halo 2. I can see people arguing for halo reach over halo 3. But the multiplayer has not improved, period. It became clear after halo 3 that bungie has no idea what they're doing.

You can't make such generic claims. Halo CE was better in terms of SP, but Halo 2 definitely has the weakest singleplayer out of all Halo games.

Halo 2 may have been the "funnest" Halo game MP wise, but I honestly believe a large portion of that had to do with timing it being the first serious online game on consoles. Really, Halo 2 was far more broken that Reach in several areas, from the near instant sword lung, multiple game-breaking glitches, a complete dominance of the battle rifle over near all other weapons, noob combos, and ineffectual dual-wielding combinations, the last two which Bungie carried over to Halo 3. Not to say anything of the super jumping exploits and rampant hacking toward the end of the Xbox life span, nor the many other things that Reach has over it such as custom game editing and Forge, and a much more enjoyable co-op campaign. I will admit that Halo 2 had far better maps though, and the campaign easter eggs were probably the best in the series.

Halo 3 sits in the middle, it took some steps in the right direction, and some steps continuing the wrong direction. It honestly had an identity crisis of not going too far into new territory nor staying close to what was already established. It did manage to be more balanced that Halo 2, yet the dominance of the battle rifle was still unchallenged.

Bloom does slow down the pace of battles, but with Reach's heightened focus on teamwork, you should be team-shooting anyway. It surprises me to this day that people expect to pull that lone wolf stuff that worked in Halo 2 only to get owned and whine about it.

romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
Halo Reach is my favorite Halo. I loved it from start to finish. And actually, CE is my least favorite, for no other reason than the level design was horribly repetitive. Still a great game, though.
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

One its not a sequel.... And if you still want to call it that its much better than Halo 2 and 3.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts
[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"] you obviously haven't played other halos and didn't play reach enough. All people do on reach is complain about Bungie.Microsoft1234

Your opinion is not fact.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"][QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

Kickinurass

You can't make such generic claims. Halo CE was better in terms of SP, but Halo 2 definitely has the weakest singleplayer out of all Halo games.

Halo 2 may have been the "funnest" Halo game MP wise, but I honestly believe a large portion of that had to do with timing it being the first serious online game on consoles. Really, Halo 2 was far more broken that Reach in several areas, from the near instant sword lung, multiple game-breaking glitches, a complete dominance of the battle rifle over near all other weapons, noob combos, and ineffectual dual-wielding combinations, the last two which Bungie carried over to Halo 3. Not to say anything of the super jumping exploits and rampant hacking toward the end of the Xbox life span, nor the many other things that Reach has over it such as custom game editing and Forge, and a much more enjoyable co-op campaign. I will admit that Halo 2 had far better maps though, and the campaign easter eggs were probably the best in the series.

Halo 3 sits in the middle, it took some steps in the right direction, and some steps continuing the wrong direction. It honestly had an identity crisis of not going too far into new territory nor staying close to what was already established. It did manage to be more balanced that Halo 2, yet the dominance of the battle rifle was still unchallenged.

Bloom does slow down the pace of battles, but with Reach's heightened focus on teamwork, you should be team-shooting anyway. It surprises me to this day that people expect to pull that lone wolf stuff that worked in Halo 2 only to get owned and whine about it.

This is all that needs to be said right here. The only reason people ever complain about sequels, especially those with multiplayer, is that they can no longer do as well using the same old tactics. They can't "own" like they did in previous titles so they **** and moan about every little thing as if it's the games fault for them not playing as well.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#189 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

FAIL... Halo Reach is a prequel

R3FURBISHED

awesome

Ah, tabletop roleplaying... why have you forsaken this world?!

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
RE5 is my personal pick for most disappointing sequel. I thought Halo Reach was fantastic honestly.
MrChimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 MrChimo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I loved reach... much better than the ADD games these days, like COD, which is about twitch reflex
mythochondria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 mythochondria
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

halo was fail since day one (for my personal taste ofc).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
Nope reach was fun as he'll, only halo game I beat on legendary bea use it was just that fun
Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

Meh, Halo 3 was more disapointing for me than Reach.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Sorry, but Reach blows those pieces of crap halo 2 and 3 out fo the water.

Crashjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Crashjak
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

One its not a sequel.... And if you still want to call it that its much better than Halo 2 and 3.

GTSaiyanjin2
This How can it be a sequel if it is supposed to be before 1 and Master Cheif is nowhere in sight?
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Microsoft1234

Kickinurass

Halo 2 was a game that all fpses should mimmick "where skill is the most important." I'm talking about multiplayer. Halo 3's registaration basically put it below 2 and 1, as for reach the bloom isn't 100% consistent. There's definite problems with it, and it's only 80% hit scan. Reach had major potential but just completely flopped.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Microsoft1234

[QUOTE="Kickinurass"]

[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"] a couple things, halo 1 was much better, as was halo 2. I can see people arguing for halo reach over halo 3. But the multiplayer has not improved, period. It became clear after halo 3 that bungie has no idea what they're doing. AcidSoldner

This is all that needs to be said right here. The only reason people ever complain about sequels, especially those with multiplayer, is that they can no longer do as well using the same old tactics. They can't "own" like they did in previous titles so they **** and moan about every little thing as if it's the games fault for them not playing as well.

well when you look at how sequels happen, the main issue is balance. That's not true for alot of franchises. Cod 4 was definitely better than all the previous cods and for the most part balanced, juggernaut was the only main issue. Halo for me was the best at halo 2 in terms of multiplayer and the button combos were awesome because of the skill gap they created. Bungie's idea of bloom was a great one but they didn't implement it the way bloom should've been and as a result the skill gap in reach is alot smaller than possible. Bloom just needs some refinement but i doubt bungie will do anything.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Microsoft1234

DarthJohnova

care to tell me how it did improve? I'm talking multiplayer mechanics. Your opinion is not fact.

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
IMO Halo Reach is best in the series so no I don't agree with you at all.