Is GTA series king of video games?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25042 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Depends on opinion. It's one the most popular and mainstream games out there (like Fifa and COD) but what about quality? One may prefer it but other may not. I myself don't think it's the best though.

so true.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'd say so. I mean the original Release BROKE RECORDS.

The PC release will probably be the Next Skyrim.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23721 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@ConanTheStoner: I'd say if you were displeased with gta4, gta5 will make you a fan again. It is a pretty good game...

Well yeah GTA4 was the low point for me, but I've always gotten bored of 3D GTA games really quickly. The one that held my attention the longest was SA. I don't know what it is, I don't think they're bad games, I just lose interest early on.

Now the old 2D GTA's, I played the hell out of those haha.

I'll probably pick up GTA5 on PC when it gets a price drop and there are tons of mods. One thing that I do find appealing is being able to play in 1st person. It's funny cause I don't even like FPS games, but after seeing the footage it really seems like that's how GTA was meant to be played.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#54 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@TheEroica said:

@ConanTheStoner: I'd say if you were displeased with gta4, gta5 will make you a fan again. It is a pretty good game...

Well yeah GTA4 was the low point for me, but I've always gotten bored of 3D GTA games really quickly. The one that held my attention the longest was SA. I don't know what it is, I don't think they're bad games, I just lose interest early on.

Now the old 2D GTA's, I played the hell out of those haha.

I'll probably pick up GTA5 on PC when it gets a price drop and there are tons of mods. One thing that I do find appealing is being able to play in 1st person. It's funny cause I don't even like FPS games, but after seeing the footage it really seems like that's how GTA was meant to be played.

Well, TBH, as much as GTA V tries to be like San Andreas, it feels much more like GTA IV to me. Of course I love GTA IV, so that's not a problem IMO, but just sayin'.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#55 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

It's too much of a simulation game to be counted as a real video game. In a sense, it's the game with the least amount of imagination of all, as there's nothing in it that didn't previously exist in the real world, and even the plots and dialogue are so derivative from films.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#56 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@so_hai said:

It's too much of a simulation game to be counted as a real video game. In a sense, it's the game with the least amount of imagination of all, as there's nothing in it that didn't previously exist in the real world, and even the plots and dialogue are so derivative from films.

Wut?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@so_hai said:

Wut?

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#58 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@GreySeal9: It tries to simulate real life in a real city. There's nothing in the game that can't exist in the real world. Simulation defined.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@so_hai:

I don't understand. :(

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@HalcyonScarlet: wait... I bought a launch SNES and rode that entire generation... There was never a "one game to rule them all" in that generation or on that console... It actually all operated the same way as it does now, except you had to have a magazine sub to get your info, because no interwebz...

Not literally one game, but there was less choice back then. Now there's genres and sub genres and different types of gaming. And I didn't mean the SNES literally, just back in the day.