Is Gone Home 0.5% better than Grand Theft Auto 5?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

Carolyn stated in the review that Gone Home's fair treatment of "whatever group you want to call it" contributed to its positive score. She will mark a game down if a game (in her eyes) doesn't do the same as well so I think its dumb for people to get upset about her reviews. Whether a game is .000001 better than another is up to you but we can definitely say that Carolyn factors in how certain groups are portrayed so just make a mental note of that and MOVE ON!

Pariah_001

So even though you acknowledge that Petit applies an esoteric reviewing standard that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay, you think we should just shut up an take it?

Yes, unless you can show me where it says that she is not allowed to mark down or up on such issues in her reviews.

Avatar image for Suddenly_Wasted
Suddenly_Wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Suddenly_Wasted
Member since 2013 • 137 Posts

... and when I say professional reviews are nonsense, I don't necessarily mean they're a load of **** just because they're "professional".  They just seem pointless these days.

When I was child reading my EGMsGamepros, Nintendo Power, etc.. I felt like those people really knew their stuff and they were trying their best to give objective reviews.  The internet wasn't really much of a thing, at least not wide spread and used by everyone like today.

These days I just dont see the point.  No difference  between a professional and some random guy with an opinion.  As a matter of fact, I find random reviews on Youtube to be more informative and to the point more often than not.

I really wish we could get past all this.  Putting website opinions on a pedestal and what not.  Scoring system needs to go as well, but thats another rant of its own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

There's no shame in expressing one's opinion. What sort of gobbledycook you speaking? Straight up poppycock that cockamamie is.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

... and when I say professional reviews are nonsense, I don't necessarily mean they're a load of **** just because they're "professional".  They just seem pointless these days.

When I was child reading my EGMsGamepros, Nintendo Power, etc.. I felt like those people really knew their stuff and they were trying their best to give objective reviews.  The internet wasn't really much of a thing, at least not wide spread and used by everyone like today.

These days I just dont see the point.  No difference  between a professional and some random guy with an opinion.  As a matter of fact, I find random reviews on Youtube to be more informative and to the point more often than not.

I really wish we could get past all this.  Putting website opinions on a pedestal and what not.  Scoring system needs to go as well, but thats another rant of its own.

Suddenly_Wasted

100% agree. I tried to write something similar but what's in my head never comes across the way I want it to. If you really need to know whether a game is good or not without playing it its best to get as many user reviews as possible and see what's consistent and what isn't.