biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#51 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Even if its not much money for them, I can't believe how poor some game companies are business wise. 7 years on a project and you just throw it away? Its not just the money but the talent put into that as well.

In terms of creativity Blizzard in the same sinking boat as Valve. They don't seem interested in making new IPs.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Well I guess we shall wait and see how many buildings they can sell. Lol but I don't think they are in trouble like some company who'd ignored its handheld and hardly have anything for ps4 it is only a matter of time before people realize that the ps4 isn't exactly what Sony claims hope its soon BC there's a console that deserve a chance. Right behind it

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#53 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@hernandezzzz said:

@Vaasman said:
Heroes is just a dumbed down version of them all

That's exactly why it's going to be big...

lol no. The game has neither the depth nor longevity to compete with other games in the genre. What you're suggesting is essentially the same as saying Halo Wars was going to be the next big RTS.

If it didn't have Blizzard's name attached to it it'd be dead in the water the second it released. There's nothing it offers that isn't done better elsewhere.

What it does better is what World of Warcraft also does better: accessibility.

In a few months, I'm going to remind you of this conversation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#54 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Paid monthly subscriptions is a dying breed. Why pay when you can play a similar product for free? btw, how is TES Online doing? Havent heard of it in a while...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:

@Vaasman said:

@hernandezzzz said:

@Vaasman said:
Heroes is just a dumbed down version of them all

That's exactly why it's going to be big...

lol no. The game has neither the depth nor longevity to compete with other games in the genre. What you're suggesting is essentially the same as saying Halo Wars was going to be the next big RTS.

If it didn't have Blizzard's name attached to it it'd be dead in the water the second it released. There's nothing it offers that isn't done better elsewhere.

What it does better is what World of Warcraft also does better: accessibility.

In a few months, I'm going to remind you of this conversation.

It isn't any more "accessible" than it's competitors though. It's less complicated maybe, because they did away with gold and items. But less complexity is not accessibility. And nothing about it improves the actual design of the genre like WoW.

WoW was by far the best MMO when it released. It wasn't just accessibility that makes it popular, it was high quality development, excellent art, sound, and game design. But as far as it's accessibility goes, you could load the game almost in a flash comparatively speaking, with areas that were seamless and streamed. You were rarely interrupted from play, and almost anyone could play no matter how shitty their PC. But these aren't problems with MMO's anymore, and they certainly aren't problems with the MOBA genre.

And yea, go ahead and hold on to this. I'll be floored if it can even touch the kind of success LoL and Dota 2 have seen.