Is anyone else tired of shooters?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Love the hypocrisy FPS are become repadative, But RPGS are not. Every RPG is the same you level up your stats and you play in the future or phantasy.htekemerald

They're both repetitive. Both need some pretty big changes to shake things up as they are both the most stale genre there is right now.

lazurusKfP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lazurusKfP
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

I'm not tired of shooters yet... but I must say it does take alot to get me interested in a new one now adays.

It better have something interesting to offer like rpg elements, or a really good story thrown in. Right now the darkness has got my eye, as does crysis and jericho. Halo really isn't doing anything for me atm, but I still am on the look out for the RPS/FPS-esc hellgate london.

Shooters like Halo and the like with a Doom-like lead hero in the traditional 1 vs all mission really is played out for me, but I still hope those titles do well so the industry will thrive.

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts

Shooters are becoming very generic...similar and too simple/repetitive. I want to get my hands on a decent RPG or action adventure with maybe some swords and demons and epic battles and that kinda stuff. Something different from...shooters. Something like a new FF or a Zelda or FABLE 2! Lol.

Anyone else getting tired of the same old shooter?

GanonBuRAP
I kinda see where your coming from but you might as well get used to it because shooters are like the biggest genre of games
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Along with RTS, it is my favourite genre so no I'm not getting bored/tired of them.
badgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 badgert
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

[QUOTE="easteast"]I will NEVER get tired of shooters. It's my favorite genre. The_Game21x

What he said.

What you both said.

NotEvenClose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 NotEvenClose
Member since 2006 • 793 Posts
Shooters on the PC? No. Shooters on consoles? Always.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
...Nope. Shooters are fun and one of my favorite kinds of games to play.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
Shooters on the PC? No. Shooters on consoles? Always.NotEvenClose
what he said. I can't stand console shooters. IMO of course, I'm not saying there are bad, I just prefer Pc shooters
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
I like shooters, sure, though I like tps more than fps shooters for some reason. I agree that shooters seriously lack innovation, and that most of the good shooters have some kind of RPG element or have a lot of secrets. I like rpg shooters like deus ex, that game was incredible!
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#60 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
yes. the market is flooded with shooters. we need more originality
i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts

Shooters are becoming very generic...similar and too simple/repetitive. I want to get my hands on a decent RPG or action adventure with maybe some swords and demons and epic battles and that kinda stuff. Something different from...shooters. Something like a new FF or a Zelda or FABLE 2! Lol.

GanonBuRAP

Yeah, I want something totally new and original that no one has ever seen before, like an RPG with magic, potions, a level-up system, swords, dragons, demons, epic battles.....

You know, something completely original like that.

Seriously, how many ways can you shoot someone? About the same amount of ways as you can slay a dragon.

I'm tired of bad shooters, but luckily I've found FEAR, BF2, and HL-2, which have kept my shooter taste satiated for the past couple of years.

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
Its game draught season, there are NO games coming out at the moment Im going to welcome The Darkness with open arms see I can't own more than one shooter at a time - unless one of them is a pure online one such as Battlefield 2.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#63 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

Love the hypocrisy FPS are become repadative, But RPGS are not. Every RPG is the same you level up your stats and you play in the future or phantasy.htekemerald

And yet RPG's do something different and they are criticised (Baten Kaitos anyone? I thought the Magnus sytem was very interesting) or compared to FF constantly. In a way, JRPG's have become a victim of FF's global success.

360_Degrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 360_Degrees
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts

Pretty much. Half Life 2 was the last original shooter that came out. Waiting patiently for Ep. 2.gromit007

You played Prey, right? Although it wasn't amazing, you have to admit it was very original.

Shadowrun is another example, magic and shooting with cross-platform play.

Hell, games like The Darkness, Huxley, Portal, Quake Wars, Team Fortress 2, etc. are all VERY original and are slated for a release sometime this year (except maybe Huxley).

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
nope..FPS is my fav genre :)
GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
Um RPGs differentiate between games A LOT MORE noticably than shooters. So for those of you saying RPGs are just as repetitive and generic as shooters, your really really grasping for straws.
Splincir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Splincir
Member since 2002 • 5791 Posts
No. I'll never get tired of them and I doubt others will either. Law, morals, and ethics make it impossible for me to shoot anyone in real life. Therefore, shooters make something possible that I can't do in real life. If you notice, that's why people play games- to have experiences they couldn't otherwise have. Look at fantasy games, or even something like MAdden. Who wouldn't dream of playing in the NFL. For most, Madden is as close as they'll come to it.
-Beowulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 -Beowulf
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

I will NEVER get tired of shooters. It's my favorite genre. easteast

Same.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

im not gonna get tired of shooters anytime soon

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Um RPGs differentiate between games A LOT MORE noticably than shooters. So for those of you saying RPGs are just as repetitive and generic as shooters, your really really grasping for straws.GanonBuRAP

Agreed. What makes RPGs more interesting to play is the fact that they typically contain the 3 keys to longevity/replayability: depth, character customization, character progression. The average shooter lacks all 3 of these; however, the genre will break free from it's stale state when shooters as a whole, like Shadowrun and Bioshock, borrow these elements from the RPG genre.
PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

GanonBuRAP

Shooters are the modern version of men with swords. Same violence between hero and foes, only a technological difference in weaponry. I think the reason why shooters prevail so much these days could be the interest in modern technology and warfare, plus many shooters use futuristic settings and this can give the storyline an interesting spin.

123Dan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 123Dan123
Member since 2003 • 14078 Posts
It's getting a bit tiresome but as long as they can keep adding changing it up, it's all good.
ganon42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ganon42
Member since 2004 • 1749 Posts
Better question: Is anyone else tired of Minigames?