Is anyone else tired of shooters?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

Shooters are becoming very generic...similar and too simple/repetitive. I want to get my hands on a decent RPG or action adventure with maybe some swords and demons and epic battles and that kinda stuff. Something different from...shooters. Something like a new FF or a Zelda or FABLE 2! Lol.

Anyone else getting tired of the same old shooter?

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

no because none of them are alike.

every fps is difrrent and fun.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
of course, but bioshock and crysis should fix that. and then there are other great games coming in different genres. even though they are completely screwing up the Fallout series with 3.
easteast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 easteast
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts
I will NEVER get tired of shooters. It's my favorite genre.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I will NEVER get tired of shooters. It's my favorite genre. easteast

What he said.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts
Pretty much. Half Life 2 was the last original shooter that came out. Waiting patiently for Ep. 2.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

Shooters are becoming very generic...similar and too simple/repetitive. I want to get my hands on a decent RPG or action adventure with maybe some swords and demons and epic battles and that kinda stuff. Something different from...shooters. Something like a new FF or a Zelda or FABLE 2! Lol.

GanonBuRAP

Shooters have become generic, so you want an RPG with swords and demons? FF or Zelda? That's pretty funny.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#8 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
Nope, my most anticipated game for right now is a shooter, The Darkness. This is easily my favorite genre.
CrzyAzzCraka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CrzyAzzCraka
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
In a way I am...but then I play a game that is a shooter...but a different kind---like Ace Combat, when it comes out--which will be awesome!!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Shooters like Deus Ex, System Shock, Day of Defeat, Call of Duty and Counter Strike? Hell no. I want more of those types of games. Shooters like we are seeing on consoles being casualized so they are more accessible to the broader audience? Yes, I am sick and tired of all the crap.
Wemhim256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wemhim256
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
Personally, I'm in the mood for some non-linear adventures, I think FPS' are fun, but adventures are nostalgic, like Earthbound, and Snatcher.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Ya, I am. But, I would like to see more Tactical shooters or just more Socom games, prz.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

tree-branch

:lol: You wish.

YES, FPS shooters are increasingly overdone, it's either the gritty ZOMGosh you're in the army for realz, or the equally craptastic sci-fi blandfest.

The best shooters around nowadays are ones that have usually incorporated some sort of RPG system into them, making them different as compared to your aim reticule over a pixel and press trigger, and do this over and over again, type shooters,

GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GanonBuRAP
[QUOTE="GanonBuRAP"]

Vyse_The_Daring

Shooters have become generic, so you want an RPG with swords and demons? FF or Zelda? That's pretty funny.

Errr how is that funny? I said RPG with swords and demons and epic battles...like how FF7 deliverd. Or like Fable1...the arena, hunting balverines, finding godly armour, questing. Or an action adventure like Zelda? So what exactly is so funny lmao.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I know I can repect that that favorite is Mini-games....The only problem I have with FPS is they seem to lost the main reason I enjoyed them which was finding the secrets that were in Duke Nukem, DOOM 2, and Wolf 3D. For me because companies have seen to drop this they lost a piece in the newer FPS they lost at least me has a fan.

wergfwefwef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 wergfwefwef
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

i absolutly cannot get enough of unreal tournament. I cant wait until ut3 is released. but until then, ill be perfectlt occupied with gears, which is one of the most original shooters in years.

MOHaashkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MOHaashkilla
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

Same here...OH...And I will never get tired of my Wii either!!!!! Yea for me! I have every console known to man!yea...!!!!

GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GanonBuRAP

Metroid>GeOW! :O

eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
Nope....I remember waching a bungie interview where one of the devs quoted a dev from some other game....It said something like "Making a good game is all about finding that 5-8 seconds of thrill and trying to get it to repeat itself as many times as possible"...He said it better than I did, but I think it shows why I can still enjoy shooters, as long as the small things change every now and then.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
God yes. There are way to many shooters these days. It's like all those crappy indenticle platformers back in the NES/SNES days. Every one of them is a diffirent game masking the exact same formula and gameplay.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

Pretty much. Half Life 2 was the last original shooter that came out. Waiting patiently for Ep. 2.gromit007

what about fear? it has the awesome slowmo that no other game has, and hl2 has the crappy select grenade before you can throw it

wergfwefwef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wergfwefwef
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="gromit007"]Pretty much. Half Life 2 was the last original shooter that came out. Waiting patiently for Ep. 2.imprezawrx500

what about fear? it has the awesome slowmo that no other game has, and hl2 has the crappy select grenade before you can throw it

actually, quite a few games had slow mo, such as max payne 1 and 2, and those two games were really the first to do that.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
No. I can't get enough of shooters, and if anything, there aren't enough this generation.
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
is anyone else tired of RPG's??. personally in not one for little metrosexual japanese pop cultoure boys with magic powers and to much time to spend on theyre hair.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I thought I was. But then FEAR crossed my path. Soon followed by Gears of War. And now I know it's about picking the right ones. And there are allot of good ones coming up.

So, no.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Yes.

Generic shooter after generic shooter, each having more flaws then the last; however, there are a few games which put a refreshing spin on the shooter genre, Shadowrun, and Bioshock being great examples.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
I'm not tired of fast-paced, eye-melting 2D shooters; however most FPS or TPS games leave a lot to be desired.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]

[QUOTE="gromit007"]Pretty much. Half Life 2 was the last original shooter that came out. Waiting patiently for Ep. 2.wergfwefwef

actually, quite a few games had slow mo, such as max payne 1 and 2, and those two games were really the first to do that.

FEAR isn't about the SloMo though. It's about the incredible AI, which has the AI that HL2 was suppose to have (but didn't) and the horror setting.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 project343
is anyone else tired of RPG's??. personally in not one for little metrosexual japanese pop cultoure boys with magic powers and to much time to spend on theyre hair.OpticalCanine

You mean JRPG.
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ALCATRAZZ3
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts

hell no

And we have Area 51, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 and some others coming soon...

I'll never get tired of shooters

shooters = best genre

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
If there were no more shooters then we'd never find out what happens at the end of Half Life. Winner?
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

is anyone else tired of RPG's??. personally in not one for little metrosexual japanese pop cultoure boys with magic powers and to much time to spend on theyre hair.OpticalCanine

Now thats more like it, I watched my mate play "Enchanted Arms" and I couldnt stop laughing at how pathetically predictable it was ... not to mention the Metrosexual themes were abit *cough* overboard on it .... rather strange if you ask me.

I use to like JRPGs .... but now when I look back at them ... the Japanese gotta be the least creative game makers on the planet.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 project343

hell no

shooters = best genre

ALCATRAZZ3

:|

Area 51 is about as generic as shooters get. Bland gunplay, basic AI, poor squad management, slow movement in combination with tons of health, and lets not forget about the always fresh 'alien' theme. Area 51 is the perfect example of a dated shooter.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#34 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts
I have been very frustrated at the number of WW 2 shooter on the market, as well as shooters in general. Hopefully, games like Bioshock will add something new and stop shooters from carrying on as the generic peices of crap they have become. Anyone else tired of hearing about his whole alien invasion story arc?
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ALCATRAZZ3
[QUOTE="ALCATRAZZ3"]

hell no

shooters = best genre

project343

:|

Area 51 is about as generic as shooters get. Bland gunplay, basic AI, poor squad management, slow movement in combination with tons of health, and lets not forget about the always fresh 'alien' theme. Area 51 is the perfect example of a dated shooter.

Do I look like I care what you think? :lol:

I'm not here to argue with you. I'm getting that area 51 blacksitewhen it's released. Point blank

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Yes. We need more platformers and action/adventure games and less shooters.
Avatar image for SpecialForcesOp
SpecialForcesOp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SpecialForcesOp
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts
I'm looking forward to Bioshock and COD4.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#38 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

God yes. There are way to many shooters these days. It's like all those crappy indenticle platformers back in the NES/SNES days. Every one of them is a diffirent game masking the exact same formula and gameplay.goblaa

Yaeh, but there are so many different gameplay elements you can introduce to platformers. It seemed that due to the limited hardware, they actually had more creativity and better ideas up their sleeves. Plus, since shooters are all about, well, shooting, there is a limited amount of creativity that you can introduce. Which is why im not generally a big fan of them.

sumarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sumarr
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts

tree-branch

What!!!! Oh yeah I forgot I haven't seen a shotgun or an AK-47 in a shooter in years. They might tweak some parts of the style or and in some quirky game mechanic (the Darkness) but all in all it's the same. Start with pistol shoot guys in t he face, find secret hard to get to rocket launcher - shoot guys in the face.

Yes I know this could be said for every genre but with shooters I find it way more painful.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
nope. if its a good shooter game i will play them. there are some bad shooter games out there that i refuse to touch again like call of juares and resistance.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Meu2k7
Shooters are possible the most popular Genre, and have the most competitive multiplayer, therefore there are alot more of them ... like anything.
ALCATRAZZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ALCATRAZZ3
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

sumarr

What!!!! Oh yeah I forgot I haven't seen a shotgun or an AK-47 in a shooter in years. They might tweak some parts of the style or and in some quirky game mechanic (the Darkness) but all in all it's the same. Start with pistol shoot guys in t he face, find secret hard to get to rocket launcher - shoot guys in the face.

Yes I know this could be said for every genre but with shooters I find it way more painful.

That's because adventure games and plartformers are based off fantasy for the most part

Most shooters try to have realistic properties and qualities so them might seem a bit repeditive

destef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 destef
Member since 2004 • 435 Posts
NO.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

[QUOTE="OpticalCanine"]is anyone else tired of RPG's??. personally in not one for little metrosexual japanese pop cultoure boys with magic powers and to much time to spend on theyre hair.Meu2k7

Now thats more like it, I watched my mate play "Enchanted Arms" and I couldnt stop laughing at how pathetically predictable it was ... not to mention the Metrosexual themes were abit *cough* overboard on it .... rather strange if you ask me.

I use to like JRPGs .... but now when I look back at them ... the Japanese gotta be the least creative game makers on the planet.

i played 10min of enchanted arms. i couldnt stand the cheesy that i just returned the game back. the voice acting and the whole "metrosexual" theme was more of a ho.... theme. the characters in enchanted arms made the FF male lead characters butch/manly. :?

Sacred-Snow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sacred-Snow
Member since 2006 • 675 Posts
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

Hoobinator

:lol: You wish.

YES, FPS shooters are increasingly overdone, it's either the gritty ZOMGosh you're in the army for realz, or the equally craptastic sci-fi blandfest.

The best shooters around nowadays are ones that have usually incorporated some sort of RPG system into them, making them different as compared to your aim reticule over a pixel and press trigger, and do this over and over again, type shooters,

Thisis true,and heres what needs to happen.Games where one man destroys an entire attacking alien population need to end. Look back upon Ghost Recon, the original version. You could choose your squad mates, and weapons. OF course, the second one came around and completely obliterated that and gave you no choice except for a small weapon alignment, but otherwise still fun. Now, a good RPG has a good main storyline, but also has sidequests, and upgrades and an extended plot. If someone could mix something like that into a shooter = perfecto. :]

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Hold on a second. You're tired of generic so you want a Final Fantasy game?Young metro-sexual males trying to save the world hasn't been done in a JRPG or something?

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Shooters are possible the most popular Genre, and have the most competitive multiplayer, therefore there are alot more of them ... like anything.Meu2k7

Well, there's a load of opinion.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Meu2k7

[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]Shooters are possible the most popular Genre, and have the most competitive multiplayer, therefore there are alot more of them ... like anything.goblaa

Well, there's a load of opinion.

Its opinion, yes, but who me any other genre game that has as many online players as first person shooters on a regualr bases (No World of Warcraft isnt enough, a % of that "8million" /giggles yea right" are black market companies and double accoutns from players.

8 Million players .... what a joke, you can check the Census' to tell thats very unrealistic.... in the entire EU when you look at the Census the one month I was playing just over 1 Million CHARACTERS not PLAYERS had been seen in the last 30 days ...

Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts

Well shooters are my favourite genre so I'm glad that there's a large number of promising titles coming out this year such as Halo 3, HL2: orange box, UT3, Bioshock ect.

I still like to play more story-driven action adventure games like God of war every now and then just to have a break from shooters but I still find them very enjoyable.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts
Love the hypocrisy FPS are become repadative, But RPGS are not. Every RPG is the same you level up your stats and you play in the future or phantasy.