Is 2014 a bad year for gaming?

• 82 results
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

Poll Is 2014 a bad year for gaming? (71 votes)

Yeah, it's been pretty weak 72%
Nah man, all I need is my Dark Souls 2 28%

Anyone agree? Not many stand out titles, the rest of this year looks pretty weak, especially after delays for games like Evolve, Hardline and Batman.

Personally, the only games I actually forward to for the rest of the year are Bayonetta 2 and the Master Chief Collection and the latter isn't even really a new game. While it's not been quite as bad as the first year of the WIIU the PS4 and Xbone have done a pretty piss poor job at justifying their existence and they've even missed out on some fairly significant title their predecessors received this year like Dark Souls 2 and Borderlands the Presequel.

• 
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Worst year as far as i can remember

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

Work has been keeping me super busy and I still have a big PS3 backlog, so for me it hasn't been terrible. Got a PS4 in April. I've played Infamous: Second Son, Octodad, Transistor, Killzone: Shadowfall, Battlefield 4, Resogun, Blacklight: Retribution, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, and I'm currently playing The Last Of Us Remastered (I know, LOLREMAKES).

This year I still plan on picking up Wolfenstein: The New Order, Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Destiny, and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Seriously, why do so many games these days have fucking colons in the title?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@amazonangry said:

I suppose if you are a non PlayStation gamer.

Where are all those award winning PS4 exclusives?

...all the superior multiplats..

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 284

User Lists: 37

#55 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Why did you make me say all I need is my Dark Souls?

Bad year? Comon now! Divinity Original sin, Wolfenstein, South Park, Telltale episodes, Watch_Dogs (Runs and hide), Dark Souls 2 (for people who enjoyed it) Castlevania lords of shadow 2 (Don't really care about it tho), Theif Reboot (Oops)...and more coming in the way ;)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

They are some less popular games coming out that are much better to play than all three of those games combined.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

It's started a bit slow, but it's going to finish well IMO.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

2014 = delays.

Still i think it will be overall better then 2009 and 2012.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

It's not a bad year if you game on PC.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Until now... yes...

Looking forward to NHL 15, FIFA 15, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, GTA V on PC (not a new game though).

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Yea, its pretty horrible. So many delays thanks to how weak the PS4 is

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#62 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Not bad , but it isn't very good either . Lot of games that I cared about are delayed to 2015 . There are still some high profile games that are coming out this year like Dragon Age : Inquisition , Far Cry 4 , Assassin's Creed : Unity , Civilization : Beyond Earth and Elite Dangerous (along with console port of Shadow Warrior) . I won't be surprised if Elite gets delayed to 2015 .

I am also pretty sure we won't see Serious Sam 4 this year as well . 2015 is going to be pretty strong year for all platforms though ; Witcher 3 , Squadron 42 , Syberia 3 , Serious Sam 4 , Unreal Tournament , Uncharted 4 , Halo 5 , Quantum Break , Torment : Tides of Numenera , Legend of Grimrock 2 , Mount and Blade 2 etc .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

Well , i just played wolfenstein and that was a nice breath of fresh air

gonna start assassins creed IV now, don't know what to expect, it's ubi , so i don't expect much.

Started playing dark souls 2, i really liked the first, but i can't get into the second, gave it up after a couple of hours.

Dude , you are going to love Assassin's Creed 4 , trust me . The game starts very slow and feels like "meh another Assassin's Creed" but once you get your pirate ship then it is hard to stop playing .

When I finished the campaign , I was at 82% completion . I have never finished Assassin's Creed game even 40-50% before because I cared about main storyline more than other side quests and stuff but this game made me do everything I could .

Story wise , I still think Revelations is the best but as an overall package , Black Flag is the best Assassin's Creed to date . Assassin's Creed 3 is the worst , what a mediocre game .

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Well, there's been some dry spells for me, that's for sure. That's not all bad because what good is a backlog if you never dig into it?

The rest of this year still has over half a dozen games I'm sure to pick up, and a couple more that might get bought. I'll remember 2014 as pretty much the same as the other console launch years for several gens running. Not epic but hardly barren.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

2013 was an incredible year so it is to be expected.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yeah AC4 was amazing, 97% completion here, the only AC game I've able to finish and I went hard out trying to get everything. This year has been good, we got Titanfall which I'm still playing alot since launch. September/October/November are going to be insanely amazing.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@sailor232 said:

Yeah AC4 was amazing, 97% completion here, the only AC game I've able to finish and I went hard out trying to get everything. This year has been good, we got Titanfall which I'm still playing alot since launch. September/October/November are going to be insanely amazing.

Impressive. I've been working on it and am currently at 75%. There's just so much to do.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

I dont know about consoles but for pc is shaping out to be a great year. Divinity, the incredible adventures of Van Helsing , a new Kings bounty and grim dawn for RPG fans are all great, Elite dangerous one of the most anticipated games will be released by the end of the year and dont forget one of the biggest franchises in strategy Civilization with beyond earth and the spiritual sequel to total annihilation that is planetary annihilation ( though i doubt it will be released in 2014 )

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

Maybe for consoles, but for PC it's been a pretty good year and shows no signs of slowing down. In particular it's shaping up to be THE year for RPG's on PC. Probably will tlak about this year in RPG's for a while to come!

RPG's like: Divinity: OS, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Dragon Age 3, The banner Saga, Might And Magic X: Legacy, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, South Park: SoT, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, Dark Souls 2.

Not to mention other games like: Civ: Beyond Earth, Elite Dangerous, NidddHog, Banished, Warlock 2 Exiled, Van Helsing 2, Tropico 5, Watchdogs, Endless Legend, Age of Wonders 3, Grid, Company of heroes expansion, Dead Rising 3, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, F1 2014, Borderlands:The presequel, Shovel Knight.

My cup hath overfloweth.

There is also kings bounty dark side and the probability of grim dawn been released this year. I would say this is the best year of RPG games in a long long long time

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

The fall will be good.. Destiny/Shadow of Mordor/Sunset Overdrive/4 Halos..should last a while

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Only if you are not a PC gamer and only play AAA games. This years has great for PC so far.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

It's been an extremely good year for me although I haven't been interested in new releases and haven't been for awhile.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This year has been really good.

ail_taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#76 ail_taco
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

not as bad as 09

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

not really. how many good games come out before the holiday anyway?

its been okay but not great. all i need is my dragon age inquisition and im all satisfied

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

yes. dark souls 2 was an achivement for gaming but it has a limited audience due to the dificulty (which it's not even that hard imo, Ninja Gaiden is harder). However the rest of year was filled with short tech demos(coughRyseCoughInfamous) and delays from major titles. 2015 its gonna be CRAZY tho. it's gonna be th new 1997.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

yup

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

We've had Divinity: Original Sin, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, Shovel Knight, Child of Light, Titanfall, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Dark Souls 2, Firefall, Wildstar, Wolfenstein The New Order, Watch Dogs, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Tomodachi Life. Might've missed a few too.

We still have Destiny, Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Pokemon R/S, Captain Toad, Persona Q, AC Unity and Rogue, Far Cry 4, Civilization: Beyond Earth, WoW: Warlords of Draenor. Only thing disappointing is all the titles that got delayed to next year but some of those games really needed more dev time.

Just because Witcher 3 got delayed doesn't mean this year sucks. I do see how some would be disappointed if they only owned one platform that isn't PC.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#81 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

So far not good, but the back end of the year still has some promise even with the delays.

Unless there are a few more delays, it could turn around.

iTrueColors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#82 iTrueColors
Member since 2014 • 52 Posts

I think that its a good year

MArio KArt 8, Watch Dogs, Titanfall, DESTINY, Alien Isolation, THe Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Shadow of Mordor, Shovel Knight and Assassins Creed Unity and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

I will say, however, it has been such a slow summer I (a long-time xbox gamer) bought a PS3 to play The Last of Us, Journey, and the Uncharted Games. I just finished The Last of Us and I must say - bravo

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

It is pretty weak. Not too weak though. My Xbox One has been collecting dust. I'm sure my PS4 will too when I buy it.

Most of this year's good games won't be out until the end of the year...We have had quite a bit this year though...

So far we've had Titanfall, Dark Souls 2, Infamous: Second Son, Mario Kart 8 and...Maybe a few other smaller games.

If you own a Wii U, you'd have Smash Bros. Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, Devil's Third and Sonic Boom to look forward too. So the end of the year would be pretty good.

Other than that, it's just Destiny, LittleBigPlanet, Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive and Halo. Maybe COD, WWE 2K15 and a few other remasters. Maybe Lego games and Skylanders...

It depends on your tastes.

EDIT: 3DS is also getting Pokemon and a few others, so...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

This is nothing compared to 2012... That was a dry ass year for gaming.