Insomniac Has No Plans Of Making Games For Wii At The Moment

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrmcygan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mrmcygan
Member since 2010 • 882 Posts

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/10/22/insomniac-has-no-plans-of-making-games-for-wii-at-the-moment/

From site:

"Sorry Wii owners, if you were happy when Inomniac Games went multiplatform in hopes of seeing a title from the developer on your console, I have bad news for you.

It ain't happening anytime soon.

When asked by EGM if he saw Wii in Inomniac's future, Ted Price said:

"Not currently. We're trying to take a very measured approach to this next step, if we bite off more than we can chew, it will affect the quality of our games, and we can't afford to do that.

This is a hit-driven business, we have a reputation for making hits, and we don't want to change that."

Insomniac Games latest efforts, Ratchet And Clank: All4One and Resistance 3 are both PS3 exclusives to be released next year. The developer's also working on a brand new title to be published by EA for the PS3 and Xbox 360."

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

The wii is the #1 selling console this gen.. :|

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Tough for them then. It's their money loss.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

The amount of Wii's sold means nothing when most of the fanbase don't care the type of games Insomniac want to make. Ones that don't involve a series of mini games, or dancing.

vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#5 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

OhSnapitz

That 3/4 of the people who bought it don't play games on anymore.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
Oh well. Insomiac made some good games, but I hardly think that Nintendo was much their thing anyway.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I totally expected them to. :roll:
ForceFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ForceFreeze
Member since 2008 • 823 Posts

I honestly think that it would have been more shocking if Insominiac did make a Wii game, than this news.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
I totally expected them to. :roll:OreoMilkshake
Yeah I don't think anyone expected them to make games for the wii anyway.
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#10 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

If they made games for the Wii, they'd have to stop work on their PS3 games and wait 3 or 4 years to release a port of it for them :P

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Of course they won't.

Even if it only would take them one and a half years to release it the Wii would be long gone by then.

Wii 2 would be a much better system as you could probably port it to the PS3 and 360 as well like some Xbox games were on the 360 early on.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
even I could have told you that
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
I understand where they're coming from, they shouldn't overextend themselves until they're comfortable.
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
I totally expected them to. :roll:OreoMilkshake
this. was anyone expecting the to make a Wii game? we know tha 3rd party games dont sell on Wii. BUT Im wondering what there multiplat game is going to be, is it going to be a new platforming seires or a new shooter franchise?
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

The amount of Wii's sold means nothing when most of the fanbase don't care the type of games Insomniac want to make. Ones that don't involve a series of mini games, or dancing.

-Snooze-

What are you talking about? Stuff like Ratchet and Clank sells better on the Wii than the PS3?

Sw33tChilLi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sw33tChilLi
Member since 2009 • 328 Posts
Good to see they aren't wasting their resources on making standard definition waggle shovelware. Give us a platformer Insomniac, like the spyro series. Thnx
bowser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#17 bowser3
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

vadicta

Which is why it continues to sell right? Its not that people who own wiis dont play them its just that since the majority of wii owners are casual gamers, they only play it once in a while, like on the weekends or something....

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
They've been exclusive to Sony for years. They just announced they will be doing a 360 game. Who expects a Wii announcement so soon? I hope their multiplat game does well. Cant wait for R3.
Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

OhSnapitz

▲ Not enough million + selling games that aren't made by nintendo. Going at the Wii, they would be alienating their fanbase to another one that doens't even buy games that aren't made for nintendo. ▲

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="vadicta"]

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

bowser3

Which is why it continues to sell right? Its not that people who own wiis dont play them its just that since the majority of wii owners are casual gamers, they only play it once in a while, like on the weekends or something....

The majority of Wii owners don't usually buy good games, they buy game collections, and sports games.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

If they did support it, their games would't sell no matter how good they are.

Hardcore gamers won't buy wii games. Period.

rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
than i won't support there games on the other console i have. no point on listen to a bunch of bs. i am sure hes tune will change. never say never.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rcafan

-Snooze-

The majority of Wii owners don't usually buy good games, they buy game collections, and sports games.

no that is beyond not trutfhulyly. what game didn't sell well that was not made by nintendo? there reason why it didn't. wii owners want qaulity in games unlike 360/ps3 users who will play anything they give to them as its ususally the better verison.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
"This is a hit-driven business, we have a reputation for making hits, and we don't want to change that." They changed that with the first game they put out this gen and have continued since.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rcafan
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]"This is a hit-driven business, we have a reputation for making hits, and we don't want to change that." They changed that with the first game they put out this gen and have continued since.

never really like most of there games i look at but it seem they having some backslash for no reason. making a game on wii is not going to hurt them... they already hurt there chances now.
chikane37rt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chikane37rt
Member since 2010 • 276 Posts
Good to hear -_- .. why would Insomniac take a step back in making games on that system.. when they can take 2 steps forward on the PS3 and 360 -_-
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rcafan
Good to hear -_- .. why would Insomniac take a step back in making games on that system.. when they can take 2 steps forward on the PS3 and 360 -_-chikane37rt
how would they be taking a step back? :| really people? they not taking a step forward they just put htere foot in there mouths they don't derseve to be any developer.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

It's more surprising news when a multiplat developer plans to make Wii games than when they don't.

rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rcafan

It's more surprising news when a multiplat developer plans to make Wii games then when they don't.

SakusEnvoy
it would of be a better idea if he said that they had a plan but it didn't work out and they going to look into the future. now this if they ever do make games for a nintendo console there going to be plenty of blackslash at them. so i don't see anything anyone buying games for them... in the future or next gen iven if they made a game for a nintendo console.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
makes sense. the wii is different from what they've been working on. taking it easy seems the smart choice.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rcafan
makes sense. the wii is different from what they've been working on. taking it easy seems the smart choice.BrunoBRS
making a platfrom game is different than what the wii is? god you cows/lemmings making some sound excuses for yourselfs.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]makes sense. the wii is different from what they've been working on. taking it easy seems the smart choice.rcafan
making a platfrom game is different than what the wii is? god you cows/lemmings making some sound excuses for yourselfs.

:lol: that's the last name i'd ever expect to be called. if anything, i was afraid i'd come out as a sheep when i jumped into SW for the first time. you know, because i always prioritize nintendo and the only reason i have a non-nintendo console is because it was too cheap to pass... i'd think that the fact that the only magazine i buy is NGamer and the only boards other than SW i visit are the Wii and DS boards would mean something, but i suppose you're right. i said something that somehow is against the wii, so i must be a cow or a lemming.

but fine, if you think it's a smart idea to jump to a completely different system with a completely different user/machine interface and completely different audiences, when you have just cut your strings from second party motherhood, then go ahead.

rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rcafan
[QUOTE="rcafan"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]makes sense. the wii is different from what they've been working on. taking it easy seems the smart choice.BrunoBRS

:lol: that's the last name i'd ever expect to be called. if anything, i was afraid i'd come out as a sheep when i jumped into SW for the first time. you know, because i always prioritize nintendo and the only reason i have a non-nintendo console is because it was too cheap to pass... but fine, if you think it's a smart idea to jump to a completely different system with a completely different user/machine interface and completely different audiences, when you have just cut your strings from second party motherhood, then go ahead.

what games they make on the ps3 can easily be and sold well on wii, that the point, sure they might make diffrent games for other people that don;t appeal to wii fans that does not mean there games and developers can't. racne't and clank if it was not exlsuivce to sony it would sell well on a wii console granted. why would i call you a sheep? i had to bait you in somehow :P its not that i just hate all the excuses people are making for this developer.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="rcafan"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="rcafan"] making a platfrom game is different than what the wii is? god you cows/lemmings making some sound excuses for yourselfs.

:lol: that's the last name i'd ever expect to be called. if anything, i was afraid i'd come out as a sheep when i jumped into SW for the first time. you know, because i always prioritize nintendo and the only reason i have a non-nintendo console is because it was too cheap to pass... but fine, if you think it's a smart idea to jump to a completely different system with a completely different user/machine interface and completely different audiences, when you have just cut your strings from second party motherhood, then go ahead.

what games they make on the ps3 can easily be and sold well on wii, that the point, sure they might make diffrent games for other people that don;t appeal to wii fans that does not mean there games and developers can't. racne't and clank if it was not exlsuivce to sony it would sell well on a wii console granted. why would i call you a sheep? i had to bait you in somehow :P its not that i just hate all the excuses people are making for this developer.

they're not developing for the same system. ever noticed how the quality of the games tend to improve as he generation goes? that's because studios learn better about the systems and can do more with it. insomniac has remained blind from anything not playstation for the 4 years that passed. standards are too high now to start fresh at the risk of releasing something mediocre, especially when a) you're talking about the wii, which has a really big issue with making 3rd party titles sell, regardless of quality; and b) the company just started walking on its own again, thus meaning they can't afford a big loss, it could mean their end. so i stand by my point. taking the safe route is the smart thing to do.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

If they want to keep their reputation of making hits, they better make Resistance 3's MP A LOT better

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

rcafan

no that is beyond not trutfhulyly. what game didn't sell well that was not made by nintendo? there reason why it didn't. wii owners want qaulity in games unlike 360/ps3 users who will play anything they give to them as its ususally the better verison.

people not playing wii anymore after buying has nothing to do with more people buying it. the fact is, that of the few people that actually do consistantly game on the wii, very few people actually get games that are not first party. in other words, the amount of people that do get 3rd party games are like the amount of males wearing a red colored shirt in a mall. some people might be, but so many aren't or are females.

too tired to figure out how to fix the quote right now, stupid glitchspot.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
...This is news?
Anberlin_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Anberlin_2004
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
For games like Resistance, I can understand, but not for games like Ratchet & Clank. The R&C series might continue to be an exclusive with Sony, but Nintendo is great home for platformers. I consider Ratchet to be the next best thing to a platformer that is not made by Nintendo, Pre-MSownedRare, or Konami.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

OhSnapitz

That doesn't change the fact that most 3rd party titles on the wii tend to not do well.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Good, I'm glad, seriously

Anything to make the Wii 2 come sooner because its just a lost cause to me. Not even devs care to support the most popular console on the market. Its not their fault, if they have an epic project in mind they should focus on it, instead of dumbing it down or making something entirely different for a weak console that does its own thing. Third party games are a risk on the thing anyway.

This is the price you pay for not being competitive on the hardware, no love. The more you know :shock:

Now here's a picture of a fish:

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

OhSnapitz

Tough for them then. It's their money loss.

LovePotionNo9

Well considering their first game they released this gen was at the launch of the PS3, something tells me money isn't a major factor for them developing games. The Wii hasn't exactly been a money maker for a lot of AAA third party games anyway. They would probably sell four times as many games releasing on PS3/360 than they would releasing on the Wii.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
huh? I thought insonmiac was Sony's first party?
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
huh? I thought insonmiac was Sony's first party?nintendo-4life
No they were 100% independent developer that developed games that Sony published.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

OhSnapitz
So? They have to consider that fanbase on the Wii.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

It's more surprising news when a multiplat developer plans to make Wii games than when they don't.

SakusEnvoy

This.

And with good reason.

RoyalWCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RoyalWCheese
Member since 2010 • 284 Posts

Insomniac are losers, I seriously despise them. :evil:

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Insomniac are losers, I seriously despise them. :evil:

RoyalWCheese

As much as I enjoy my wii, it's a logical choice.

rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rcafan

[QUOTE="rcafan"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] :lol: that's the last name i'd ever expect to be called. if anything, i was afraid i'd come out as a sheep when i jumped into SW for the first time. you know, because i always prioritize nintendo and the only reason i have a non-nintendo console is because it was too cheap to pass... but fine, if you think it's a smart idea to jump to a completely different system with a completely different user/machine interface and completely different audiences, when you have just cut your strings from second party motherhood, then go ahead.BrunoBRS

they're not developing for the same system. ever noticed how the quality of the games tend to improve as he generation goes? that's because studios learn better about the systems and can do more with it. insomniac has remained blind from anything not playstation for the 4 years that passed. standards are too high now to start fresh at the risk of releasing something mediocre, especially when a) you're talking about the wii, which has a really big issue with making 3rd party titles sell, regardless of quality; and b) the company just started walking on its own again, thus meaning they can't afford a big loss, it could mean their end. so i stand by my point. taking the safe route is the smart thing to do.

oh another lame excuse that is not vaild. what quality of games have improved? hd and online that is about it. the on;y thing wii can't do is hd... we know that there is no excuse for that reason. quality compare to quality... hum ok.... they haven't done anything special. 3rd party only blame wii owners when they need to blame themselfs FOR NOT LISTENING. ever heard of the saying easier to blame others than blame yourself? that is pretty much what there doing. erd party games sell.

cod games sell

re4 sold well

monster game from capcom sold well but they didn't notice cause tehy didn't want to.

there plenty of games that sold well on wii yet developers like ea screwd themselfs over making a rail shooter, and a madden all play that there own fault for changing it.

2ksports fail as they have yet to add online to baseball games on wii but other games on the wii from them got online what is up with that? :|