In the end the Wii U couldn't even match the Gamecube..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

@emgesp:
Actually, likely not. While we'll never know, I do think a vast swath of the PS2s sold were for the playback, at least until other DVD players caught up. It's too bad they never polled people, as I'd like to know the breakdown for both the PS2 and PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@mesome713:

Unfortunately don't have the time to respond other than quickly pointing out that one thing sales show is that the general consumer has next to no knowledge of quality. It makes me laugh when the pc crowd here talks about 4k when--to my knowledge--there really isn't a monitor that has the color accuracy and contrast levels to even properly display the image. A good 1080p plasma will outperform any 4k gaming monitor in terms of accurately representing the game image with motion.

This even goes to smart phones, music, etc. people are happy with iTunes even though the quality isn't great. People spend exuberant amounts of money on cell phones yet the core function of vocal clarity hasn't really improved much--in fact I'd say its worse.

Etc etc.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#153  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

It is doubtful that the PS4 will sell as many consoles as the PS2 (155m). The Xbox One might be able to sell more consoles than the X Box (24m). I wonder if anyone will remember the PS4 or Xbox One 15 years from now?

The PS4 and X Box One are good expensive consoles, but with all of their 3rd party support there are only 3 or 4 games on each of them that are worth playing. Most of the games for them are lackluster, B-rated horror quality movie games without the innovation and gameplay of Nintendo games. They do nothing to advance gaming, and it is just a fluke that they are selling as well as they are. When will they take some risks and give us better games like Nintendo... Just kidding! (Over with the undue use of excessive exaggeration for attention.)

Just curious, does anyone use Sony's Experia Z3 Tablet Compact to play PS4 games remotely? You can use it for off-TV play, and even mount it on your DualShock 4.

To those gamers who have not gone next gen yet, now might be a good time for you to buy a Wii U. There are a variety of great games to play such as New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Wii Sports Club. New games coming for the Wii U in the US are: Super Mario Maker (9/11/15), Yoshi's Wooly World (10/16/15), Star Fox Zero (11/20/15), and Xenoblade Chronicles X (12/04/15). I would suggest that you pick up one of the common Amiibo to use with a Nintendo game. The Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii, and there are also hundreds of games in the Nintendo e-shop and Virtual Console to buy.

Edited to update Star Fox Zero release date.

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#154 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

Hm i will be kind to the cube and say its on par with the wii u, take into consideration the fact that wii u plays all wii games, the wii u was better than the gamecube the day it launched... also you said its the end, wii u has the strongest lineup of exclusives this year, this shit aint over son theres at least another 5 games im picking up..

The gamecube is only revered by saps that got an xbox one or ps4, two of the worst consoles there has ever been, so bad they make the gamecube look amazing. Wii u > Wii > Gamecube

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

I have been saying this since the shit released that it won't even match the GameCube. The wii u is simply a horrible console.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@killonsight said:

Hm i will be kind to the cube and say its on par with the wii u, take into consideration the fact that wii u plays all wii games, the wii u was better than the gamecube the day it launched... also you said its the end, wii u has the strongest lineup of exclusives this year, this shit aint over son theres at least another 5 games im picking up..

The gamecube is only revered by saps that got an xbox one or ps4, two of the worst consoles there has ever been, so bad they make the gamecube look amazing. Wii u > Wii > Gamecube

If you need to rely on BC for your system to get a one up on the Gamecube that is pretty sad.

Yes, the Wii U has the most exclusives coming this year, but for the most part I'm not very impressed by the games. I'm a huge Star Fox fan but the new game looks incredibly lackluster.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 emgesp

@xisiuizado said:

@emgesp:

Actually, likely not. While we'll never know, I do think a vast swath of the PS2s sold were for the playback, at least until other DVD players caught up. It's too bad they never polled people, as I'd like to know the breakdown for both the PS2 and PS3.

Sure in the beginning I will agree, but a couple years in I'm pretty sure dedicated DVD players could be had for a bit cheaper than a PS2.

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#158 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

@emgesp said:
@killonsight said:

If you need to rely on BC for your system to get a one up on the Gamecube that is pretty sad.

Yes, the Wii U has the most exclusives coming this year, but for the most part I'm not very impressed by the games. I'm a huge Star Fox fan but the new game looks incredibly lackluster.

I dont think BC is in any way sad, at least no more than judging the worth of a console by its 3rd party support, but w/e take out BC its still a close fight exclusive wise and like i said Wii u has a strong lineup starfox, mario maker, xenogears, zelda and fatal frame.. Exclusive wise wii>> Wiiu> Gamecube>>>> Ps4/xboxone.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:

I'm okay with the Wii U. It isn't outstanding like the Xbox One and the Ps4... and that just further draws attention to Nintendo's mediocrity. But I am not okay with Nintendo's minimal effort. But as a console, it is okay. I bought the console at the low price of 300 bux... and I own about 15 exclusives for it, with a few more coming along... that is all anyone can ever hope for as an exclusive box. Sure, I want more, but I'm okay with what I have. I just wish Nintendo strived for more. Where is that good ol fashioned Japanese pride and mastery of the craft? All I've been getting from them is their arrogance, selfishness and blindness.

But I really wish more people looked at it as a secondary console, not a primary console. As a secondary exclusive box, the Wii U gets the job done. so many people are unsatisfied with the box as their primary platform. Obviously because it has no games on the system. And those who don't own a Wii U just look at it like it is a poor man's Xbox/Playstation. when the fact is... its not like that. As a muli-platform owner, all of you systems cant "be all they can be" as the center of your living room entertainment. that is just stupid.

$300 is too expensive for a secondary exclusive machine. IMHO, secondary consoles shouldn't be priced higher than $199.99.

it all depends how much you get back form it. $300 is not that much of an investment for a system that yields at least 15 exclusive titles of interest, like my Wii U has.

its simple math. price of admission. you put money down on a box with the idea of using it for numerous games. no more than 200 bux you say?? obviously you are a single console owner, lol. sorry for your loss.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By emgesp

@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:

I'm okay with the Wii U. It isn't outstanding like the Xbox One and the Ps4... and that just further draws attention to Nintendo's mediocrity. But I am not okay with Nintendo's minimal effort. But as a console, it is okay. I bought the console at the low price of 300 bux... and I own about 15 exclusives for it, with a few more coming along... that is all anyone can ever hope for as an exclusive box. Sure, I want more, but I'm okay with what I have. I just wish Nintendo strived for more. Where is that good ol fashioned Japanese pride and mastery of the craft? All I've been getting from them is their arrogance, selfishness and blindness.

But I really wish more people looked at it as a secondary console, not a primary console. As a secondary exclusive box, the Wii U gets the job done. so many people are unsatisfied with the box as their primary platform. Obviously because it has no games on the system. And those who don't own a Wii U just look at it like it is a poor man's Xbox/Playstation. when the fact is... its not like that. As a muli-platform owner, all of you systems cant "be all they can be" as the center of your living room entertainment. that is just stupid.

$300 is too expensive for a secondary exclusive machine. IMHO, secondary consoles shouldn't be priced higher than $199.99.

it all depends how much you get back form it. $300 is not that much of an investment for a system that yields at least 15 exclusive titles of interest, like my Wii U has.

its simple math. price of admission. you put money down on a box with the idea of using it for numerous games. no more than 200 bux you say?? obviously you are a single console owner, lol. sorry for your loss.

Of course I'm a single console owner, why would I buy a Wii U or XB1 when I have a PC and PS4?

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 isturbo1984

@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:

Of course I'm a single console owner, why would I buy a Wii U or XB1?

i believe i went over some of the finer points of that in my previous post. but if you are a fanboy... i guess you wouldnt. like i said, so sorry for your loss.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

And the Nintendo drones will never admit it.

It gets less games than the vita too lol. The Wii u is the biggest failure after virtual boy.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

specifically In terms of its overall gaming library. The Gamecube despite its lackluster sales at least had a diverse gaming library. There really was something for everybody, but can the same be said about the Wii U?

15 yrs from now I just don't see the Wii U having the same cult following as the Gamecube/Dreamcast. It won't be remembered as a great console, but instead a lackluster console that had a few solid games. Kinda like the Sega CD,

I just can't believe Nintendo dropped the ball so badly with this console. The freaking console doesn't even have a Metroid release, and from what I hear most likely never will.

Farewell Wii U, you definitely won't be missed. Here's hoping the NX turns out to be a much better console.

"The Gamecube despite its lackluster sales at least had a diverse gaming library. There really was something for everybody," Not what the "hardcore"/PS2/XBOX fandom thought that gen. With it's kiddy reception. How many people were quick to note the GC for exclusives like F-Zero, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Battalion Wars and multiplats like Prince of Persia, Mega Man Anthologies (Anniversary and X), James Bond and Resident Evil? Not many. The GameCube was primarily known for... take it away, Game Theorists:

And if you want to be that picky, it was sort of remembered for Metroid, and a FEW third party stand outs like Soul Calibur (the version with Link? despite the sales being lower than the PS2 version with the weakest guest star), LEGO and Rogue Leader (and maybe Sonic?). Otherwise, the Nintendo typicals (Mario/Zelda/Smash) predominately ran the show.

I don't think anybody expected the GameCube to have the following it does now (and it probably shouldn't have, but has had since the Wii showed up). Flogging sales and terrible library aside, a little too early to judge, because far as we know, the Wii U could be only remembered for Nintendo first parties.

I was going to argue with you, but the clear truth was shown this gen.

Nintendo was partly to blame for the Wii U, they need to make a lot of internal changes within themselves, but the Wii U offered some innovation. MS tried to make a high tech Kinect part integrated with the Xbox One. It being integrated is fundamental difference, and we will never know what would have come from it.

Instead people spoke and opted for more or less the same experience as last gen, with an unexciting graphical leap over last gen.

I don't know why there isn't room for 3 different consoles. I don't get why they all have to offer the same thing.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 emgesp

@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:

i believe i went over some of the finer points of that in my previous post. but if you are a fanboy... i guess you wouldnt. like i said, so sorry for your loss.

How the hell am I a fanboy? If the Wii U had games I was interested in I'd buy it, but it doesn't so I'm not gonna waste my money on it, same goes for the XB1.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#165 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts

"Couldn't even match the GameCube".. Dude, the GameCube was a freaking masterpiece of a console. At least the Wii-U is closer to match the GameCube than the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#167 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Wii U to me is just a Smash machine.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#168 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Of course. I mean, the Wii U has no major 3rd party support. The Gamecube got most of the 3rd party releases during its cycle. Unlike later Nintendo consoles, some 3rd party games ran better on Gamecube, such as Star Wars Bounty Hunter. What the Wii U has is a library that caters only to Nintendo fans. There's nothing for anyone else and that is 100% Nintendo's fault. They messed up. They dropped the ball.

Maybe the NX will be better, but I need to see it. Early interest from Square seems to be a good sign.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 isturbo1984

@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:

How the hell am I a fanboy? If the Wii U had games I was interested in I'd buy it, but it doesn't so I'm not gonna waste my money on it, same goes for the XB1.

well, because it is hard to believe you are being an unbiased consumer who just happened to go "oh, nothing of interest here... time to move on." unless you are a SW troll.--which to me is essentially the same thing as a fanboy. or you are new to gaming, then... my bad. play and learn i guess. nothing wrong with being a gaming newbie. the more the merrier, i say... we've all been there.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By emgesp

@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:
@isturbo1984 said:
@emgesp said:

well, because it is hard to believe you are being an unbiased consumer who just happened to go "oh, nothing of interest here... time to move on." unless you are a SW troll.--which to me is essentially the same thing as a fanboy. or you are new to gaming, then... my bad. play and learn i guess. nothing wrong with being a gaming newbie. the more the merrier, i say... we've all been there.

So because someone isn't interested in the Wii U that means they are either a fanboy, troll or game newbie?

FYI, I own every major Nintendo home console that has been released with the exception of the Wii U. The vast majority of my gaming is actually on older Nintendo consoles.

Also, I'm 32 yrs old and I've been playing games since the moment I could pickup a controller. So, please stop assuming stuff about me based off a few posts.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@mesome713 said:
@freedomfreak said:
@mesome713 said:

Twilight on Wii added new mechanics with controls, NX will most likely not add anything.

It's for maximizing profits and for the people that aren't interested in getting the NX, or just not when Zelda releases.

Nintendo is not known for releasing the same game twice unless it adds something new to the experience, its why they dont do remasters.

Im not saying they wont add to the experience, but if what we all think the NX is comes true, it highly unlikely it will be able to add anything new to the experience.

Yes Nintendo does release remasters and you've been given a list of a few games as examples. OOT3D and WWHD are not remakes but remasters. The meat and potatoes of the original games are kept in tact. The characters, environments and plots are also the same. Of course Nintendo added some enhancements but nothing that took away from the what I previously mentioned. A remake would be something like the original Poltergeist picture with the 2015 release. The titles were the same along with the basic idea of the plot (i.e. spirits in a house) but everything else was different from the characters, names, locations, etc.., Another remake would be the Fantastic 4 movie that just released. Think of a remaster as taking the original concept and just cleaning it up a bit.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#172 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41560 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

specifically In terms of its overall gaming library. The Gamecube despite its lackluster sales at least had a diverse gaming library. There really was something for everybody, but can the same be said about the Wii U?

15 yrs from now I just don't see the Wii U having the same cult following as the Gamecube/Dreamcast. It won't be remembered as a great console, but instead a lackluster console that had a few solid games. Kinda like the Sega CD,

I just can't believe Nintendo dropped the ball so badly with this console. The freaking console doesn't even have a Metroid release, and from what I hear most likely never will.

Farewell Wii U, you definitely won't be missed. Here's hoping the NX turns out to be a much better console.

"The Gamecube despite its lackluster sales at least had a diverse gaming library. There really was something for everybody," Not what the "hardcore"/PS2/XBOX fandom thought that gen. With it's kiddy reception. How many people were quick to note the GC for exclusives like F-Zero, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Battalion Wars and multiplats like Prince of Persia, Mega Man Anthologies (Anniversary and X), James Bond and Resident Evil? Not many. The GameCube was primarily known for... take it away, Game Theorists:

And if you want to be that picky, it was sort of remembered for Metroid, and a FEW third party stand outs like Soul Calibur (the version with Link? despite the sales being lower than the PS2 version with the weakest guest star), LEGO and Rogue Leader (and maybe Sonic?). Otherwise, the Nintendo typicals (Mario/Zelda/Smash) predominately ran the show.

I don't think anybody expected the GameCube to have the following it does now (and it probably shouldn't have, but has had since the Wii showed up). Flogging sales and terrible library aside, a little too early to judge, because far as we know, the Wii U could be only remembered for Nintendo first parties.

I was going to argue with you, but the clear truth was shown this gen.

Nintendo was partly to blame for the Wii U, they need to make a lot of internal changes within themselves, but the Wii U offered some innovation. MS tried to make a high tech Kinect part integrated with the Xbox One. It being integrated is fundamental difference, and we will never know what would have come from it.

Instead people spoke and opted for more or less the same experience as last gen, with an unexciting graphical leap over last gen.

I don't know why there isn't room for 3 different consoles. I don't get why they all have to offer the same thing.

It almost feels like the gaming industry is run by Pixies from the Fairly Odd Parents and that some want it run that way. Rather than have the more varied fairies (ranging from idiots, nagging housewives, Tooth fairies and Schwarzenegger clones) with rules

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#173 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

In what goddamn universe are OOT3d and Majoras mask 3d not considered remakes? Its not like they took the n64 version and upressed it

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

In what goddamn universe are OOT3d and Majoras mask 3d not considered remakes? Its not like they took the n64 version and upressed it

They are remakes. Improved performance, 3D support, more intuitive control options, new textures, and most of the models have been REMADE.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#175 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Gamecube was a great system in it's time that deserved a better fate (sales wise). I think that's why 3rd party developers stayed on board a little bit more, and cranked out a nice little niche of outstanding games to go with Nintendo 1st party. At least the hardware was there.

The Wii-U is just a P.O.S. that seemed ill fated from the time it was revealed.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#176  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@2Chalupas: Do you call it a PoS cause its not a copy of your other systems? Why not respect Wii U for what it is?

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By AugustEvans

@mesome713: it's crap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@augustevans: Why?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#179 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

They are absolutely remasters, remasters actually done correctly, but they are fucking remasters.

REremake
Metroid Zero Mission
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

Those are fucking remakes. They make significant gameplay changes/scenario changes. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask tighten up shoddy controls and do away with the shitty menu stuff, otherwise same fucking game, but prettier.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By 2Chalupas
@mesome713 said:

@2Chalupas: Do you call it a PoS cause its not a copy of your other systems? Why not respect Wii U for what it is?

No, I call it a POS because it has less RAM then my phone, and CPU/GPU that is basically PS3/360 level. The tablet is also cheap and unsophisticated with a poor screen and poor battery life. That is supposed to be the main draw?

Even when I predicted it would fail in the market, I still envisioned it being like the Gamecube and having a solid niche of games, but it pretty much even failed at that. It has a few, but the set of games I'd care to play is far, far less than what i own on Gamecube. Therefore I refuse to buy a Wii-U, and won't until it's clearanced out of stores. I might just skip the Wii-U entirely, which would be the first time I ever skipped a generation for Nintendo. But at this point, why bother?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#181  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@jg4xchamp: I can see a case for ocarina being a remaster but they made alot more changes to majora.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 jg4xchamp

@Shinobishyguy said:

@jg4xchamp: you missed the part where they completely redid the bosses in majoras mask

It's the same fucking bosses, what did they change?

That's still not a fucking remake, a remake should make sweeping changes to the core foundation of the game. That's what a remake is in any other field. All these games are glorified director's cut or touch up projects. Nintendo has a text book of what an actual remake it, it was called Metroid: Zero Mission. That game simply can't be dismissed as Metroid, but prettyier. All its gameplay cues, scenarios, and design are taken from improvements made in Super Metroid. But with the layout of Metroid. That's a remake, there is a massive difference between OG Metroid and Zero Mission.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

lol Wii U

This should be in the legacy section.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@2Chalupas said:
@mesome713 said:

No, I call it a POS because it has less RAM then my phone, and CPU/GPU that is basically PS3/360 level. The tablet is also cheap and unsophisticated with a poor screen and poor battery life. That is supposed to be the main draw?

Even when I predicted it would fail in the market, I still envisioned it being like the Gamecube and having a solid niche of games, but it pretty much even failed at that. It has a few, but the set of games I'd care to play is far, far less than what i own on Gamecube. Therefore I refuse to buy a Wii-U, and won't until it's clearanced out of stores. I might just skip the Wii-U entirely, which would be the first time I ever skipped a generation for Nintendo. But at this point, why bother?

Im curious to see what you think of that horrible battery life on Dual Shock 4? Its funny you judge Wii Us features and content so much and dont even own one. But, its your opinion, good luck with it.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By 2Chalupas

@mesome713 said:
@2Chalupas said:
@mesome713 said:

Im curious to see what you think of that horrible battery life on Dual Shock 4? Its funny you judge its features and content so much and dont even own one.

The Dualshock 4 is certainly an issue. I would put that in the category of "modestly annoying". It's definitely much less battery life than Dualshock 3, probably a cut of 75% (just a guess based on my observation). However even that is not as cripplingly bad as I know the Wii-U tablet battery is. We are talking 20 hours vs. like 3 hours.

I don't see why I would have to own a Wii-U to be able to criticize it's features. I am aware of the issues, and the issues are why I decided to pass on the Wii-U. Do you typically go out and buy products you suspect strongly or know are bad just to see for yourself just HOW bad they are?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@2Chalupas said:
@mesome713 said:
@2Chalupas said:
@mesome713 said:

Im curious to see what you think of that horrible battery life on Dual Shock 4? Its funny you judge its features and content so much and dont even own one.

The Dualshock 4 is certainly an issue. I would put that in the category of "modestly annoying". It's definitely much less battery life than Dualshock 3, probably a cut of 75% (just a guess based on my observation). However even that is not as cripplingly bad as I know the Wii-U tablet battery is. We are talking 20 hours vs. like 3 hours.

I don't see why I would have to own a Wii-U to be able to criticize it's features. I am aware of the issues, and the issues are why I decided to pass on the Wii-U. Do you typically go out and buy products you suspect strongly or know are bad just to see for yourself just HOW bad they are?

You actually think PS4 controller can get past 7 hours? I do not condemn products i "think" are bad unless i have experienced them. I do not condemn content i "think" is bad, unless i have experienced it. And even if i do "think" its bad, i dont spend my time hating on it, its not worth my time.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 2Chalupas
@mesome713 said:
@2Chalupas said:
@mesome713 said:
@2Chalupas said:
@mesome713 said:

You actually think PS4 controller can get past 7 hours? I do not condemn products i "think" are bad unless i have experienced them.

Considering I only plug it in every 3 days or so, yeah. Seems they go about 15-20 hours playtime to me.

I'm not condemning any games, as that is more a matter of personal feeling. But the hardware I can condemn because there are specifications that tell me they are weak and/or flawed. It's less a matter of personal feeling or attachment, and more a cold-hard analysis of specifications and what you are paying for those specifications.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#188 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts
@mesome713 said:

I do not condemn products i "think" are bad unless i have experienced them.

Mmkay. So, if 90% of a car's reviews mention poor reliability, that's not good enough for you? You have to buy it to know for sure? If a cold medicine was on the market that caused hair loss as an unlisted side effect, you would have to take it and experience the loss before you could write it off?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@2Chalupas: But you havnt experienced that hardware, so what would you know? You havnt felt the fun of the Gyro in Splatoon, the greatness of touchscreen control in Pikmin 3, and so much more, you condemn it without even experiencing it. Why even waste your time hating on it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
@mesome713 said:

I do not condemn products i "think" are bad unless i have experienced them.

Mmkay. So, if 90% of a car's reviews mention poor reliability, that's not good enough for you? You have to buy it to know for sure? If a cold medicine was on the market that caused hair loss as an unlisted side effect, you would have to take it and experience the loss before you could write it off?

In order for me to say the car has poor reliability and condemn such car for it i would have to have experienced its poor reliability. Else, what the heck would i know about how reliable the car is.

In order for me to condemn such hair product for causing loss of hair, yes, i would have had to have had experience with said product, else im talking out my arse and condemning a product for what i "think" it might do.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Yeah it's really crap, looks like it'll have the lowest sales, worst games library and shortest lifespan of any Nintendo console. (2nd worst, if you count Virtual Boy as a Nintendo console) Even the heights of N64 or Wii droughts weren't as bad as WiiU's 2015.

Oh well, it was my own dumb fault for buying one before Zelda was actually on the store shelves.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#192 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

Gamecube had a better arsenal of games in my opinion. It's sad that the Wii U has done so poorly, but Nintendo hasn't really done anything to try to fix it either. 3rd parties with a system that compares in power to the competition would've made the Wii U much more attractive to the average consumer. Instead with the Wii U it is almost a necessity to own another console, handheld, or pc because of the droughts the machine goes through.

It still has some good games coming out though. There's at least 4 games I'm interested in which puts it right in line with the X1 and PS4 lineups for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@iambatman7986: I think NX will help fix that, like Nintendo did with N3DS, its for people who want more power and for developers needing it. Nintendo can release NX for developers who want more power to match PS4 and Xbox One, can make the games work like they do on N3DS where new games released will work on NX and Wii U.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I haven't turned on my Wii U since January. It basically just exists to play Zelda at this point.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 jg4xchamp

@locopatho said:

Yeah it's really crap, looks like it'll have the lowest sales, worst games library and shortest lifespan of any Nintendo console. (2nd worst, if you count Virtual Boy as a Nintendo console) Even the heights of N64 or Wii droughts weren't as bad as WiiU's 2015.

Oh well, it was my own dumb fault for buying one before Zelda was actually on the store shelves.

I don't know man, 2009 Wii games were pretty bad.

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 AugustEvans

@mesome713: We've been through 3 decades of consoles to know why the wii u is crap. It shouldn't even be a question. Nintendo should really be ashamed of themselves. The NX will either save Nintendo or finish em for good. The nx will have to be an outstanding system all the way around and should be at LEAST as powerful as the ps4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@augustevans: Your still being vague mate, why is it crap?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@emgesp said:
@Ant_17 said:

I wasn't surprised at all , looking the things they did while the Wii was running , it was obvious they where going in with a gimick that no one cared for.

Yep, they got Sony post PS2 level cocky and it backfired on them, but unlike Sony they aren't going to be able to turn things around for the Wii U.

exactly this. although, unlike sony 2006 and microsoft 2013, they are remaining arrogant and have done nothing to reverse their mistakes. its just standard nintendo arrogance and idiocy.