Impressive Dragon Age: Inquisition character creation video

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

This is probably the best CC I've seen in an RPG. It's really cool how you're basically able to adjust things individually without relying on a slider for fine-tuning every detail. Adjusting stuff like nose height looks so intuitive, and changing one aspect doesn't screw up everything else. And of course, Frostbite 3 helps in making character models look great.

DA:I gets a lot of hate for some reason, but it keeps looking better and better.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#2 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Yeah, that creator looks pretty rad. Real easy to use with a lot of options.

I really hope this game turns out well. It would be awesome to have this great epic.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

It's going to be an impressive dating sim for sure.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

With the slim pickings (PS4) this holiday season, thank goodness for 3rd parties.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

DAI could redeem Bioware ... as long as it allows us to intuitively customize breasts.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I've been saying this for some time, this game will NOT disappoint. This is an easy 9/10 and top 5 best games of the year and a great rpg.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#7 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Impressive , but Black Desert's Character Creation is the best .

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

DA:I gets a lot of hate for some reason, but it keeps looking better and better.

Not CRPG. Casual Skyrim console game.
Waste of time.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I wanted to see all the beard styles, damn it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@uninspiredcup

Why do you still use that "CRPG" term ?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Best Facegen I have seen in quite a while.

However, it ain't the best character creation tool in an RPG.

Loading Video...

This is.

Edit: are there any body tweaks whatsoever? Will all humans be of the same height? What if I want to make a fat character? I loved being max fat, min height in Dragon's Dogma.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Whats gets me with all these games is you spent 20 mins creating a character with all that customisation, then 5 minutes into the game you put a helmet on.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Wow that is impressive. They should let us download this early to start making characters now before the game releases.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@Maroxad

Did you know your "Arisen's" Height and Weight affect their performance ?

I find this annoying because I want a tall character for reach and a light character for stamina and speed, and tall and skinny just looks awfull, even with all the clothes and armor on. :(

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Maroxad

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Maroxad

Did you know your "Arisen's" Height and Weight affect their performance ?

Yes, and that is a good thing, and on of the things that made DD's character creator so good. Height does affect a person's physical abilities in the real world as well. It also gives your characters additional strengths and weaknesses that do more than just affect numbers. Like what happens when you grapple someone.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Why are they showing the inferior xbox version?

A great cc otherwise.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

So instead of just being limited to looking like Homo Habilus as has been the case in the earlier Bioware games, you now have to option to look like a Gap model. It's not terrible, but I've seen better.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
@Maroxad said:

Edit: are there any body tweaks whatsoever? Will all humans be of the same height? What if I want to make a fat character? I loved being max fat, min height in Dragon's Dogma.

Unfortunately Bioware confirmed you can't customize height or build, said it would be a lot of work for every race and it'd require them to adjust cutscenes accordingly or whatever.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

That looks pretty nice. But my expectations for the game are very, very low.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Fully expecting it to suck.

This is Bioware we are talking about.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Fully expecting it to suck.

This is Bioware we are talking about.

Pretty much

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@Maroxad

Real life is actually far less annoying than Dragon's Dogma's weight system...... I have to stop after every battle to organise the inventory to keep my character very light. I don't mind this affecting my character's fighting speed but things like sprint speed and depleteing Stamina from sprinting are just stupid.....

I mean theres already Dragons and Magic and what not.... Why bog things down with arbitrary limitations just for the sake of reallism ..... Realism doesn't make for good games.....

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

The character creation itself seems pretty standard honestly. It's much more about the well done interface from what I've seen. It does look very intuitive.

The real questions are how many options there are and how many of them make your character look good, which is definitely a problem with a lot of RPG's. Just look at Skyrim's. Without mods, you always end up a dirty and ugly tattered urchin, no matter what. And don't even get me started on the Souls series and the horrors that CC awakens. It does look better than those, but that doesn't say much.

I will wait for reviews on the game either way. It's not like my dude/chick's appearance is going to save a bland game.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Maroxad

@princeofshapeir Shame, I love being able to be an obese character to self insert myself as. :P

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Maroxad

Real life is actually far less annoying than Dragon's Dogma's weight system...... I have to stop after every battle to organise the inventory to keep my character very light. I don't mind this affecting my character's fighting speed but things like sprint speed and depleteing Stamina from sprinting are just stupid.....

I mean theres already Dragons and Magic and what not.... Why bog things down with arbitrary limitations just for the sake of reallism ..... Realism doesn't make for good games.....

Seems to me like you want to eat your cake and have it too. No an RPG doesnt have to be realistic, but there should be mechanics in place to not reward absolute thoughtlessness.

Good RPGs are designed against that kind of design. I am curious though, are you the kind of person who uses cheats to roll 18s on every stat. Maybe you shouldnt have made him so lanky, heavier characters can carry more. You made choices and now you are complaining about the consequences of your choices.

Edit: I am glad you dont play the kind of RPGs I play. I play one which is specifically designed so that no matter what you do, you will never be able to 100% a single playthrough, the events going on in the world depends on how fast you are/what order you do stuff/your choices/your actions/which party members you bring with you/random chance. Each playthrough is different from eachother due to both different playstyle from me as a player and different dice rolls from the RNG.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@Maroxad

What makes for good or even Great RPG design doesn't make for good game design..... Having all sorts of junk to customize your character may yield better Role Playing but the constant nuisance caused by this feature.......I can get past my character's appearence but this whole weight and height thing has been the bane of my gameplay experience everytime my character gets drenched when I pick up something in ankle deep water.

You're right though I mad choices and therefore I suffer the consequences of those choices.... I'm not talking about the way I choose to customize my character.... I'm talking the choice I made buying this game in the 1st place.... The consequence being ass backwards game design choices. Yeah I get it... You play heavily padded games 6 hours of content stretched into aa grueling 50 hour Experience in the form of Big yet empyt map, Cookie Cutter Enemies, Damages Sponges, Severely Streched Progression System, Arbitrary Stat Based Limitation, and about 50 other things that I'm too tired to think of right now.....

You know if this was an MMORPG or a some dumb Free To Play game then this wouldn't be an issue since right off the bat you're signing up to have your time wasted the above mentioned design features.....

FYI, games are not a destination to me.... I don't play them to 100 percent them, thats a god awful way to experience anything let alone a game.

which_wich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 which_wich
Member since 2014 • 189 Posts

Picked up the PCGamer issue with this game on the cover. I played DA 2 but didn't finish it because Skyrim was more accessible. Might pick this one though. DA are good games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

Why are they showing the inferior xbox version?

A great cc otherwise.

Not a CRPG. Icasual console game build with Skyrim and control pads in mind.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Can you make your package smaller and/or bigger?

I didn't watch the video. Would like an answer to my question.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Maroxad

There was some gameplay footage before and supposedly there will be crafting footage tommorow?

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Maroxad

What makes for good or even Great RPG design doesn't make for good game design..... Having all sorts of junk to customize your character may yield better Role Playing but the constant nuisance caused by this feature.......I can get past my character's appearence but this whole weight and height thing has been the bane of my gameplay experience everytime my character gets drenched when I pick up something in ankle deep water.

You're right though I mad choices and therefore I suffer the consequences of those choices.... I'm not talking about the way I choose to customize my character.... I'm talking the choice I made buying this game in the 1st place.... The consequence being ass backwards game design choices. Yeah I get it... You play heavily padded games 6 hours of content stretched into aa grueling 50 hour Experience in the form of Big yet empyt map, Cookie Cutter Enemies, Damages Sponges, Severely Streched Progression System, Arbitrary Stat Based Limitation, and about 50 other things that I'm too tired to think of right now.....

You know if this was an MMORPG or a some dumb Free To Play game then this wouldn't be an issue since right off the bat you're signing up to have your time wasted the above mentioned design features.....

FYI, games are not a destination to me.... I don't play them to 100 percent them, thats a god awful way to experience anything let alone a game.

Yes we get it, you dont like the notion of your characters having weaknesses and disadvantages. Enemies were hardly damage sponges in Dragon's Dogma.

I like my games well paced too, that RPG I was thinking off is roughly 10 hours long, and nearly all of it is story or gameplay, and these other people you fight are for most of the part not nameless grunts, but rather people with actual background stories, names and personalities. BioWare games starting with NWN have been poorly paced, hence, BioWare games are not for me, too much filler for my tastes.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

With the slim pickings (consoles) this holiday season, thank goodness for the worse version of 3rd parties.

agreed

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

looks neat. I would like to see how the dragons keep will work since im going from ps3-ps4 and see how I can manage my changes.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

The characters you create speak and interact with other NPCs in a meaningful way in Dragon age, the characters in Black Desert are just avatars.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Maroxad

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

The characters you create speak and interact with other NPCs in a meaningful way in Dragon age, the characters in Black Desert are just avatars.

Picking between 3 dialogue options that lead to the same thing is not meaningful interaction. Character interaction in Dragon Age has always been very weak.

Meanwhile, the interaction your character does with the world in Black Desert should be more meaningful than any interaction in DAI.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulu_Lulu

@Maroxad

No I'm down with Weaknesses and Disadvantages, I'm not down with those weaknesses being Stat Based....

I don't like How the key to beating a Griffin is simply to have a member in my part with Fire Enchantment, its literally the samething I've been doing before only now with Fire..... I don't like How the key to beating a Gore Cyclops is, again having a mage debilitate them or standing on a High Ledge and using ranged attacks, he's far too big to be even remotely interesting.... The Shiny Armour Twins were much better than that.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@OhSnapitz said:

With the slim pickings (consoles) this holiday season, thank goodness for the worse version of 3rd parties.

agreed

..says the guy who DOESN'T own a gaming PC.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

If this game flop I lost all hope in EA

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

I loved Origins. Dragon Age 2 was still a lot of fun, but a disappointment overall. I hope this game turns out well, since it's said to be massive in size (at least compared to DA:2 :p).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lulu_Lulu

@PikminWorld

I don't think the map's Size is something to get excited for.... They could easily abuse it like Skyrim did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: True, a lot of it could be filled with filler, boring environments, and pointless quests, but I have some faith in BioWare to make a good game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu

@PikminWorld

I just hope the gameplay is great.... Kinda like Mass Effect 3 was.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks character creation is wasted dev time?

I just don't find it useful in the slightest.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#44  Edited By 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Looks good but after having replayed DA2 these past weeks my trust in Bioware is at a lower point than ever. I'll wait and see what people think about this one.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#45 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

@PikminWorld said:

I loved Origins. Dragon Age 2 was still a lot of fun, but a disappointment overall. I hope this game turns out well, since it's said to be massive in size (at least compared to DA:2 :p).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Mr_Huggles_dog

Developers know full well the psychology effects of something like Character Creation can do for their games. They know how to exploit people...

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@edwardecl said:

Whats gets me with all these games is you spent 20 mins creating a character with all that customisation, then 5 minutes into the game you put a helmet on.

... You don't have to put the helmet on.

In Dark Souls I never used a single helmet.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lulu_Lulu

@parkurtommo

Wouldn't you get more protection if you do ?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@parkurtommo

Wouldn't you get more protection if you do ?

Yes, it's a matter of priority. Is armor more important than appearance? *put the helm on* Is it not? *leave it off*

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@parkurtommo

Well does the helmet protect the head specifically or does it count towards overall protection ?