Important Update to the GameSpot Community Code of Conduct

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#751 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@lostrib said:

Can I get a clarification of the Karma system. So if a post is flagged the accused (and accuser) both get +1 karma, and once it hits 10 then you can't post. So is the +1 to karma added as soon as the post is flagged? So if someone comes along and flags ten of my posts, do I get banned from posting until a moderator sorts through them/the karma decays?

lol, no one replied after all this time.

sorry, i shouldn't laugh. the reason i'm laughing is because i read your post yonks ago and thought to myself 'oh yes good question foundrib, looking forward to reading the reply'.

anyway, i suspect this karma system can suffer an exploit. if you, myself, and 8 others 'pick' on someone - we can revoke their posting privileges, assuming the system is automated. also, given how easy it is to create alts, maybe one person could exploit this easily enough.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#752  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

Can I get a clarification of the Karma system. So if a post is flagged the accused (and accuser) both get +1 karma, and once it hits 10 then you can't post. So is the +1 to karma added as soon as the post is flagged? So if someone comes along and flags ten of my posts, do I get banned from posting until a moderator sorts through them/the karma decays?

sorry, i shouldn't laugh. the reason i'm laughing is because i read your post yonks ago and thought to myself 'oh yes good question foundrib, looking forward to reading the reply'.

anyway, i suspect this karma system can suffer an exploit. if you, myself, and 8 others 'pick' on someone - we can revoke their posting privileges, assuming the system is automated. also, given how easy it is to create alts, maybe one person could exploit this easily enough.

We can mod you if you like to exploit the karma system a lot.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@super600 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

What if we exploit it a medium amount? Say like 72.5%.

I just like to know my boundaries, but I don't like to whiz on the electric fence if ya catch ma drift.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 CrownKingArthur

@ConanTheStoner said:

@super600 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

What if we exploit it a medium amount? Say like 72.5%.

I just like to know my boundaries, but I don't like to whiz on the electric fence if ya catch ma drift.

exactly.

and obviously super600 i have no plans to exploit the karma system. i'm talking hypothetically from the first person. it does sound a bit like i'm reciting a plan - but come on, is it plausible? have i really set the behavior bar that low?

i'm innocent. but there are definitely a few nefarious alts.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#755  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@super600 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@lostrib said:

But it would seem like a legitimate concern if the karma is added at the moment it is flagged prior to moderator review

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#756  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@lostrib said:

But it would seem like a legitimate concern if the karma is added at the moment it is flagged prior to moderator review

I've yet to see it happen, and if it does happen, it's a minor inconvenience for the user being targeted. Furthermore, you can bet your bottom britches that the one who partakes in such harassment will be banned. We will not tolerate such mantra.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#757 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@lostrib said:

I've yet to see it happen, and if it does happen, it's a minor inconvenience for the user being targeted. Furthermore, you can bet your bottom britches that the one who partakes in such harassment will be banned. We will not tolerate such mantra.

Just bringing up some concerns, there seem to be a few flaws in the new/current GS system. But I think you guys do pretty well

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 CrownKingArthur
@lostrib said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@lostrib said:

Just bringing up some concerns, there seem to be a few flaws in the new/current GS system. But I think you guys do pretty well

it must be hard work competing against a torrential influx of alts/bandodgers/trolls/fakeboys.