I'm gonna remake this thread and then remaster it.

• 91 results
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6080 Posts

@BassMan: And yet I've been gaming since the 80s and have only bought 1 remake in Alex Kidd even though I've played all the RE games but bought none of the remakes 🤷‍♂️

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#52 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

@last_lap said:

@BassMan: And yet I've been gaming since the 80s and have only bought 1 remake in Alex Kidd even though I've played all the RE games but bought none of the remakes 🤷‍♂️

It is well established that you don't care about quality. So, you don't appreciate things like higher frame rates, higher resolution, improved graphics, improved mechanics, etc..

The remakes of the RE games are very well done. It's not like they stopped making new RE games to make remakes. There are separate teams working on the projects. Remasters and remakes are easier to make as the foundation for the game is already there. These are good projects for novice developers to gain experience while the veterans work on sequels or new IPs.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Last_Lap

@BassMan: The only thing that's been well established here is that you are the most insecure person on this board, that and you constantly cry about games being woke lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BassMan
@last_lap said:

@BassMan: The only thing that's been well established here is that you are the most insecure person on this board, that and you constantly cry about games being woke lol.

First part is false, but the bold is true. Woke shit is the worst. It is up there with broken/unfinished games and micro-transactions. All that shit is ruining gaming.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@TheEroica: With that logic, you could also say "instead of getting a bad game, we could have got a good game".

Do you think if Konami wasn't remaking Snake Eater that they'd just make MGS6 and it would be a masterpiece?

The reason why they are remaking Snake Eater, is because its one of the greatest and most beloved games of all time and its much easier to just remake a classic masterpiece than it is to create a brand new game, especially without Kojima-San.

The same applies to TLOU2. Naughty Dog wouldn't give us UC5 or TLOU3 or a new IP. TLOU2 is a quick cash grab, and will probably make the inevitable port to PC easier.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Last_Lap

@BassMan: No, the whole lot of it is true.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BassMan

@last_lap said:

@BassMan: No, the whole lot of it is true.

Whatever makes you moist.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Last_Lap

@BassMan: Good to see you're not trying argue against facts, maybe you are learning after all.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BassMan

@last_lap:

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Last_Lap

@BassMan: I could mention your hypocrisy too.

You know claiming to be all about quality (60fps or higher) and shitting on consoles for a lack of (so called) quality while playing console exclusives at 30fps on console, hypocrisy at its finest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38890 Posts

Beginning to think that IP is actually woke af. Had no idea wokenism was a thing in Australia. Kinda sad.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 941 Posts

I called it years ago. The remake\remaster trend would get worse and they would detract devs and publishers from new ideas. Many users on this exact forum called me paranoid now reap what you sow

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15926 Posts
@last_lap said:
@sakaixx said:
@last_lap said:
@sakaixx said:

Final fantasy 7 Rebirth is not a remaster or remake but a sequel to FF7 Remake which was a sequel to original FF7.

Those mental gymnastics are crazy 🤣

People do tend to hate when they can't play on their fav console ~

Hate? I didn't single out any one game, YOU did.

Also I have a PS4 and have access to the first remake, but chose not to play it, still none of that changes your mental gymnastics.

There is no gymnastics, the remake projects is a sequel involving spoiler alert time travels, retcons and multiverse. You welcome to hate on it I mean it tends to happens people hate on things they never experience.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#64 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69530 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Final fantasy 7 Rebirth is not a remaster or remake but a sequel to FF7 Remake which was a sequel to original FF7.

I can't believe you are actually trying argue that a remake is not a remake because they decided to split the game up into three and is the second in the trilogy to a game that explicitly states Remake in the title.😂

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

I can't believe you are actually trying argue that a remake is not a remake because they decided to split the game up into three and is the second in the trilogy to a game that explicitly states Remake in the title.😂

Multiverses do tend to confuse people even devs when naming their products lol.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@BassMan: Last Lap is 100% allergic to quality. He's from Australia I gather but I bet he lives in a hut, barely any electricity and still has a 13 inch CRT. Doesn't matter if its FPS, resolution, graphics, story whatever. Anything of quality = Last Lap will not enjoy

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Last_Lap
@sakaixx said:
@last_lap said:
@sakaixx said:
@last_lap said:

Those mental gymnastics are crazy 🤣

People do tend to hate when they can't play on their fav console ~

Also I have a PS4 and have access to the first remake, but chose not to play it, still none of that changes your mental gymnastics.

There is no gymnastics, the remake projects is a sequel involving spoiler alert time travels, retcons and multiverse. You welcome to hate on it I mean it tends to happens people hate on things they never experience.

This coming from a cow who hates on Xbox every chance they get when they don't experience it 🤦‍♂️

I never singled out FF, you did remember? I put in a list of how it's getting out of hand, the only one hating here is you on me for mentioning a game I can only guess you love and take offense to, and the mental gymnastics are pretty funny, keep'em coming 🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Last_Lap

@Mozelleple112 said:

@BassMan: Last Lap is 100% allergic to quality. He's from Australia I gather but I bet he lives in a hut, barely any electricity and still has a 13 inch CRT. Doesn't matter if its FPS, resolution, graphics, story whatever. Anything of quality = Last Lap will not enjoy

Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:

Beginning to think that IP is actually woke af. Had no idea wokenism was a thing in Australia. Kinda sad.

Actually, you don't.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

Actually, you don't.

True, already knew you're woke af.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Go ahead explain how I'm woke, this should be as dumb as it gets, the floors all yours...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#72 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69530 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Multiverses do tend to confuse people even devs when naming their products lol.

😂
😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Go ahead explain how I'm woke, this should be as dumb as it gets, the floors all yours...

You bought Shenmue 3. Its that simple, but keep denying your wokeness, it ain't gonna help against me.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I wasn't wrong it's as dumb as you get, give yourself an uppercut.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

Why would i listen to someone who is woke?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8237 Posts

Not gonna lie, looking forward to the shadows of the damned remaster. Really like that game. Underated

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Tag me when you have something intelligent to say (so like never) until then you know the drill...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Last_Lap
@sargentd said:

Not gonna lie, looking forward to the shadows of the damned remaster. Really like that game. Underated

So why don't you just play the original?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SargentD
@last_lap said:
@sargentd said:

I have, I just would like an upgraded version of it for better performance

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Tag me when you have something intelligent to say (so like never) until then you know the drill...

When you post that gif, its obviously when you run out of things to say. You got rolled, sorry.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Last_Lap

@sargentd said:
@last_lap said:
@sargentd said:

Um isn't the original locked at 30fps? if so, they won't change it, they will just "pretty" up the graphics a bit and be done with it.

Unless you know more on it as I didn't even know it was getting remastered until I saw the list.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SargentD

@last_lap said:
@sargentd said:
@last_lap said:
@sargentd said:

Um isn't the original locked at 30fps? if so, they won't change it, they will just "pretty" up the graphics a bit and be done with it.

Unless you know more on it as I didn't even know it was getting remastered until I saw the list.

Haven't officially announced the details. But people who played it at PAX said it was running 60 fps

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Last_Lap

@sargentd: I'd wait for an official announcement, because that person can tell the difference between 30 & 60fps but couldn't tell if the graphics were "rezzed up"

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1242 Posts

I am ok with the up res + higher FPS remasters as long as they are reasonably priced and the original is stuck on pre 2013 hardware. If it runs on PS4/XB1 then a patch can get the job done.

Stuff where the visuals get completely redone with nothing else changing , feels like a waste. I'd like to see new takes on levels with new/improved mechanics - especially if it's a game I've already played.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#85  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts
@my_user_name said:

I am ok with the up res + higher FPS remasters as long as they are reasonably priced and the original is stuck on pre 2013 hardware. If it runs on PS4/XB1 then a patch can get the job done.

Stuff where the visuals get completely redone with nothing else changing , feels like a waste. I'd like to see new takes on levels with new/improved mechanics - especially if it's a game I've already played.

Partly why Quake 2: Remaster is so incredible. Aside from a complete visual upgrade while fully retaining the originals aesthetics, it has tons of improvements across the board like AI now being able to jump off ledges, dodge, which some AI today still doesn't do. Not only just the original package as the best version it has ever been, additional content, an entire expansions worth. For free if you own the OG or dirt cheap (£7)

It frankly puts all other attempts to shame imo.

The GTA stuff, the Sonic stuff, fucking garbage in comparison. Trash.

Tomb Raider: Remaster is also excellent though not Quake 2 good.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 sakaiXx

@last_lap said:
@sakaixx said:
@last_lap said:

This coming from a cow who hates on Xbox every chance they get when they don't experience it 🤦‍♂️

I never singled out FF, you did remember? I put in a list of how it's getting out of hand, the only one hating here is you on me for mentioning a game I can only guess you love and take offense to, and the mental gymnastics are pretty funny, keep'em coming 🤣

I experience xbox in the 360 days and Forza Horizon thats good enough 🤷‍♀️. xbox have to do better than Redfall and movie games like Hellblade 2... oops 👀

Only cause FF7 Remake specifically is not a remake or remaster. Its a sequel.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Last_Lap

@sakaixx: Paris in only a100 days away, with your gymnastic skills you would qualify for your home country 🤣

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34618 Posts

A cow calling Hellblade a movie game. lol

Do they even know what they play?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 sakaiXx

@last_lap: these gymnastics is incomparable to your ability to do run from reality, more than qualified to be marathon road runner for your country 😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Last_Lap

@sakaixx: Square announced the remake would come in 3 installments. It's as simple as that, if you have an issue take it up Square since its their game as they know their games better than you do.

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ospi
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

They're a cash grab. No need to worry about the difficult aspects of game development such as pacing, level design, music, gameplay design etc but they typically will sell very well.

Much more likely to produce a larger profit margin and with a much shorter development time. It's a no-brainer for companies.