Im actually surprised that Arkham City is so loved

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Play it on hard and tell me how well your button bashing went.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

I just got the game from my friend (havent started it yet) and I played the demo before.

IcyFlamez96
Well there's your problem. Arkham City has its problems - glaring ones particularly in the writing - but it's a great game and well liked for a reason.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 IcyFlamez96
Member since 2011 • 1355 Posts

beat it before you judge

also if i remember correctly,you are a picky sob

almasdeathchild
What do you remember from me that makes you think im picky? I dont even post here much. And some of you guys are idiots for being so defensive about it. I wasn't attacking the game. I said I liked the combat system but i'm just surprised others give it so much praise. Learn to comprehend.
Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

This isn't a good game to play if you suffer from ADHD....

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 IcyFlamez96

This isn't a good game to play if you suffer from ADHD....

Bruce_Benzing
This is most likely one of the better games to play for ADHD patients
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#56 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

You have to play it for more than 5 minutes lol.

IcyFlamez96
Noooo nooo nooo you guys are completely missing the point. I LIKED it. Im just saying with a combat system as easy as that Im just surprised its so heavily praised around here. And I played it for 15 minutes :P

All you did was fight. There's more to the Arkham games than fighting. Did you play AA?
Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#57 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

beat it before you judge

also if i remember correctly,you are a picky sob

IcyFlamez96

What do you remember from me that makes you think im picky? I dont even post here much. And some of you guys are idiots for being so defensive about it. I wasn't attacking the game. I said I liked the combat system but i'm just surprised others give it so much praise. Learn to comprehend.

If you like it you should buy it. The game becomes more fun and challenging as it goes on. If you find it's too easy, play it on hard, and then there's New Game + where it's even harder. You get to keep all your upgrades and Riddler trophies, but enemies a lot tougher earlier on, and it removes the indicator.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts
TC I am disappointed. You don't just play only 15 minutes of the highest rated game this generation. That's your first fault. Secondly, this game has arguably the most fluid and amazing combat system of any game out there, definitely makes you feel like Batman.
Also you don't just mash X, there are a ton of different enemies throughout the game and you will never beat the game just mashing X. As in matter of fact I dare you to play the next 30 minutes and see how far X will get you.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#60 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I just got the game from my friend (havent started it yet) and I played the demo before. I thought it was pretty cool and the combat was cool. But literally all it seemed I had to do was mash X the whole time and he'd do all these crazy combos. It doenst seem hard at all, like no skill involved lol. Honestly im fine with it though. Its fun to me but I thought people on here would hate such a easy combat system. Ok I always thought that it was just easy because well of course, I was playing the demo so maybe just the demo level was easy, but I'd ask my friends "All I had to do in the demo was keep pressing X and he'd combo for days. Does it get anu harder or was that just easy because it was the demo level?" And they will usually just say "Nope thats pretty much the way it is the whole time." I was kind of hoping for somewhat of a challenge at least but oh well, maybe they're wrong.

IcyFlamez96
The fighting against melee opponents offers near zero challenge, even against armored foes. fighting the group of bad guys with guns is a lot harder.
slugger909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 slugger909
Member since 2009 • 294 Posts
Tc has no idea what he's talking about
slugger909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 slugger909
Tc has no idea what he's talking about
True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

TC

20346407.jpg

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
Agree with TC, Batman combat is way overrated. The only good thing about is being fluid. I wish it had about 5 more hand to hand techniques.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 IcyFlamez96
Wow I didnt expect people here to be THIS dumb :/ I said I liked it.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

Wow I didnt expect people here to be THIS dumb :/ I said I liked it.IcyFlamez96

What do you expect? When you come out and say that it's your opinion that the combat is shallow and you can't see how it's so acclaimed and then admit you've only played 15 minutes, you really can't blame people for being a bit passionate about it and calling you out on it. A lot of the combat systems in games start out as very rudimentary at the start. Batman's no different. That's not indicative of the whole package though.

slugger909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 slugger909
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"]Wow I didnt expect people here to be THIS dumb :/ I said I liked it.

We are dumb? You are bashing on arkham city after 15 MINUTE PLAYTHROUGH! You are the pot calling the kettle black. Arkham city is a great game that cannot be judged until at least one playthrough. Probably even more, this thread is beyond stupid and goes to show what a moron you are.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#68 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Playing a demo, but complaining about a full game you've never played is not going to win your opinion any respect.