I'm abandoning this generation of gaming. I'm through with it.

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts
man, there's plenty of stuff comin' down the pipe.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#52 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
IronMaidenLives, you used to be the most avid Nintendo fanboy. I'm actually pretty shocked you'd make a thread such as this. DA_B0MB
actually, lately he's been one of the most rabid anti-sheeps around. He's been particularly effective too, because it is obvious that he's actually played the wii a lot. He's irrational though, no offense ironmaidenlives.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

WOW the wii has turned this gamer off gaming.Blitz_Nemesis

:o Perhaps the Wii really is destroying gaming...

Anyway, TC you could wait untill E3 or TGS before you give up on this generation...? I mean... they're just around the corner.

ShaDoW56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 ShaDoW56
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts

I've decided that there is no reason for me to hold anymore interest for this generation of gaming. I own a Wii and have played the 360 and PS3 many times only to discover I have yet to experience any excitement. There are many factors to this but one of the major points is the lack of any originality. Here are some examples:

MP3. Looks great and will probably play great. But from what I have read and seen, just what will be so different about it when compared to the first two, besides the controls? Apply the same reasoning to the next SSB. Not to mention there hasn't been a LoZ that has touched OoT. Mario Party? It got old after the third. Maybe SMG will break the trend.

GTA4. Same rules apply but again, where is the originality? Where are the aspects that make one say "Wow, this looks like something that hasn't been done yet." Sure, it's not even out but anyone who is a fan of the series, like me, pretty much knows the formula by now. Same with Halo. It just seems as if it is nothing but sequel after sequel and new systems are made for the continuation of these franchises. The new Madden should simply be called Roster Update 2008.

WW2 FPS'S and even more WW2 FPS'S. Hey, I can't wait for the new Tekken or DoA, either. Uh, huh.

I'm still sticking to my last gen systems. I've played MVP 2005 for two months straight and I still love it. My PS2 was bought around the time I got the Wii and guess which is being played more? I'm loving the old Xbox. I popped in SSX 3 for the first time in 2 years and I had a blast.

I'll wait for another 5 years until the new batch of systems come out. Maybe by then, some developer will have found their creative brain lying on the floor and decided to actually pick it up and place it back in their head.

IronMaidenLives

tried pcgameing? there are alot of really innovative titles coming out in the next year (A LOT) and there are like 15years + of Mods for existing games

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Goodbye.:|
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Good, go find Foaming Panda and the other impossible-to-satisfy people and hold a whine-fest.
leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts

I completely agree. Its like no developers are doing anything new. Its because we learn to expect the 2D-3D transition every generation. Well that, and the fact that at e3, devs overhype everything.

Of the games that people have said are the best, none use the full potential the systems are capable of, or waste it on graphics.

Graphics have been concentrated on too much, so much so that physics are still a total joke. And games frame rates end up stunted half of the time.

When I say potential being wasted I mean games like Gears and Oblivion. With Gears its like they said

"you know what, screw improvements, we have got multiplayer, we have A story (thats short as hell), and we have somewhat of a game play mechanic system locked down, okay we will throw in a half a minute vehicle play element and then screw it, just release the game". They could have made use of the APC if they wanted to boost the games playability and overall play time as well as make you drive a tin can with a torch on top.

In oblivion, different areas never look all that distinguishable from others (speaking outdoors mostly, its like the dungeons were the only thing with detail in them and at that, looked no different from each other.There was no enchanted grassland or autumn forest with leaves freely blowing about. it consisted of about four different natural areas, or maybe three. There were snowy areas, there were normal grassland areas and then there was a supposedly humid and boggy area that had a darker shade of grass than the normal area.

Developers just reach the "safe zone" and dont ask themselves if this game could improve by awhole lot and make a lot of people a bit happier.

I dont know but it feels like im on a quest to find a game where I dont think "wouldnt that be better if......".

Thats just my rant anyway.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
You'll be back.;) They alllwaayss come back! :lol:
Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#60 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
Good call, there are still games being made or coming out for the PS2 also the Xbox and Gamecube has some great game titles that you don't want to miss.....But I don't think your really going to "Abandon" this generation of Gaming, any game that comes out might tempt you to buy it.....but oh well your choice....
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

I kinda of agree with you, current gen games kinda fail in comparison to last gen games... I thought it was to do with developers focusing too much on graphics at first but now that I look at the wii and all it's bad games and there weaker graphics thats probably not the reason..

I think maybe it's just the developers have lost there talent and just lack the ideas to making truly great games like they used to. They're just in it for the money, and now that they see 10 hour games like gears and a turd loads of mini games selling so much I think thats what there going to focus on to get there money from now on for the hole of this gen.. short games and mini games for the wii... we'll get the odd good game in between.. but most games will be 10-15 shooters populating the market along with all the mini games on the wii.

Thats another thing, whats with all the frikkin shooters.. They're populating the gaming market and it's getting tiresome.

Avatar image for IronMaidenLives
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 IronMaidenLives
Member since 2007 • 703 Posts

[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]IronMaidenLives, you used to be the most avid Nintendo fanboy. I'm actually pretty shocked you'd make a thread such as this. GunSmith1_basic
actually, lately he's been one of the most rabid anti-sheeps around. He's been particularly effective too, because it is obvious that he's actually played the wii a lot. He's irrational though, no offense ironmaidenlives.

None taken. I do go off the handle a bit.

Rob7274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Rob7274
Member since 2007 • 950 Posts

I share a similar sense of disillusion, I'll just stick to the DS for now...I'm sure Super Mario Galaxy will draw me back.

I often find reading about game more enjoyable.

Caviglia

Thats strange so do I sometime's...

Well sort of.

Most of the time I get more exited hearing about a game and it's fetures etc... Than seeing them for myself :?

whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts

And to say "no console did it's best work of the first half" shows how little knowledge you contain about that particular subject. Go check out SSBM and Rogue Squadron for the GC.IronMaidenLives

Best work doesn't have to imply that you liked the games better. It should have been more than clear I was referring to technological advancement (which is all I have argued this entire time...). Show me a console that looked better and did more at the beginning of it's life than the end. Unless those games you mention look better than RE4...

cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts

I've decided that there is no reason for me to hold anymore interest for this generation of gaming. I own a Wii and have played the 360 and PS3 many times only to discover I have yet to experience any excitement. There are many factors to this but one of the major points is the lack of any originality. Here are some examples:

MP3. Looks great and will probably play great. But from what I have read and seen, just what will be so different about it when compared to the first two, besides the controls? Apply the same reasoning to the next SSB. Not to mention there hasn't been a LoZ that has touched OoT. Mario Party? It got old after the third. Maybe SMG will break the trend.

GTA4. Same rules apply but again, where is the originality? Where are the aspects that make one say "Wow, this looks like something that hasn't been done yet." Sure, it's not even out but anyone who is a fan of the series, like me, pretty much knows the formula by now. Same with Halo. It just seems as if it is nothing but sequel after sequel and new systems are made for the continuation of these franchises. The new Madden should simply be called Roster Update 2008.

WW2 FPS'S and even more WW2 FPS'S. Hey, I can't wait for the new Tekken or DoA, either. Uh, huh.

I'm still sticking to my last gen systems. I've played MVP 2005 for two months straight and I still love it. My PS2 was bought around the time I got the Wii and guess which is being played more? I'm loving the old Xbox. I popped in SSX 3 for the first time in 2 years and I had a blast.

I'll wait for another 5 years until the new batch of systems come out. Maybe by then, some developer will have found their creative brain lying on the floor and decided to actually pick it up and place it back in their head.

IronMaidenLives

do u have anyway of updating your rosters on mvp 05?

I still play that too a buddy of mine said he knew of a website, but I haven't been able to talk to him for awhile, he was sent to afghanistan and dosent have the time right now, I was wondering if u could tell me if u knew.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

To be 100% honest, you cannot own JUST a Wii, the Wii is more so a nice addition to the PS3 or X-Box 360. Despite how fun it iswith friends, and despite the fact that Nintendo makes the best games, the Wii is still a little more on the lines of a novelty toy(at this point). I mean, it is essentially one of them virtual games that people sometimes try to sell. You know, the ones with the golf-club and everything, I mean, how is the Wii different from that? It's pretty much a sum of all them games.

Still a good console, but it's just not able to hold its ground on its own. Even a DS Lite compliments it well, because the DS has lots of good games. If Nintendo wanted to truly make their console a console for solo gamers and not just a large group of people, they (with their new found profit, they're market has sky-rocketed) should hire many new employees and begin pushing out as many first party games as possible. Even Nintendo fanboys can admit this.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
At least you'll be saving yourself a hell of a lot of money. Those with enough patience could be playing last gen systems now and getting all of the great games for those system for peanuts and then waiting a couple of years to pick up Wii/Ps3/360 and games on the cheap, it's just a thought.
Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts

Well I just beat overlord and that seems pretty original. I know its like pikmin but it is still very good. I thought gamespot and ign were unfair on the score. Dead rising was also an orginal game. Anyways if you stay in last gen then you are gauranteed to never get another original game. If the last game that you thought was original and really held your attention was Viewtiful Joe then you evidently don't think that last gen was original either because that was released quite awhile ago.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 a_ratchet_fan
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts

[QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="tree-branch"]the problem is you own a wii and not a 360IronMaidenLives

/thread he got you on that one.Also if u buy a 360 and something like Gears of War you mind will probably be changed.

Um, no. Not /thread.

Did you not read where I said I have played the 360? Do you not think GoW was one of those games I have played?

Guess what? I didn't understand the hype then and I sure don't understand it now.

The last original game to hold my interest was Viewtful Joe. Now THAT was a video game.

LOL you obviously have not played Okami (which was made by the same people)

Taladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Taladon
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
:lol: /doesn't care.
-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts
KTHXBYE!
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 IronMaidenLives

[QUOTE="IronMaidenLives"]And to say "no console did it's best work of the first half" shows how little knowledge you contain about that particular subject. Go check out SSBM and Rogue Squadron for the GC.whoisryanmack

Best work doesn't have to imply that you liked the games better. It should have been more than clear I was referring to technological advancement (which is all I have argued this entire time...). Show me a console that looked better and did more at the beginning of it's life than the end. Unless those games you mention look better than RE4...

Who said anything about liking the game better? I sure didn't.

If you look at Rogue Squadron, it is on par with any game released during the last year of the GC.

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 IronMaidenLives

do u have anyway of updating your rosters on mvp 05?

I still play that too a buddy of mine said he knew of a website, but I haven't been able to talk to him for awhile, he was sent to afghanistan and dosent have the time right now, I was wondering if u could tell me if u knew.

You could try to create players to the best of your ability. That's what I do.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Come on TC, Did you really expect that games would hold your interest likethey did when you were younger? It's called maturing, It's a good sign. You are older you have more experence and you have activitys to compare it with that you didn't have before.

You might as well say playing with action figures bores you and you are abandoning it.

I will most likley never quit gaming altogether but that's me saying that at this time in my life. Priorities change.