IGN's Lair review (4.9) - edited with link.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
I said that game would suck hard, but a 4.9 @_@ Damn Can't Wait to see what this site gives it in a review.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
If they had an option for analog sticks the game wouldnt be that bad. Maybe a downloadable update could be released in the future for it.
graze81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 graze81
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts
LMAO, looks like my thoughts on this game were true. I didn't expect it to be a great game, but this bad, yikes! LMAO. I'll download a demo, if they actually put one up, but thats it. Puzzle Fighter HD > Lair, ha!
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#154 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Yeah, the MP3 reactions were pretty bad, but not the worst I've seen. Most seemed to have gotten over that one fairly quickly. I missed the Bioshock reaction though (moving into college does that). How bad was it?

Koopaknight29

Not as bad as Zelda reaction, but it was probably the biggest uproar for a game that didn't flop.

Avatar image for MasterFenix5100
MasterFenix5100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 MasterFenix5100
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
[QUOTE="goodlay"][QUOTE="Corvin"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"]

[QUOTE="dunamistheou"]lol, poor Sony, http://ps3.ign.com/objects/761/761161.htmlKoopaknight29

Just so u know less than 5 percent of gamers listen to online review. I bet poeple will buy it and hate/love it.

Doesn't matter, its just a game really. Some people like to watch sports. I like to watch fanboys react to flopped games on the internets. Pretty sad, huh? Zelda 8.8, that was classic, that was like the Super Bowl of flops.

Indeed, the Bioshock and MP3 reactions were funny too.

Yeah, the MP3 reactions were pretty bad, but not the worst I've seen. Most seemed to have gotten over that one fairly quickly. I missed the Bioshock reaction though (moving into college does that). How bad was it?

the bioshock one wasn't too bad. I think its because instead of just hyping it AAA tons of people hyped 9.5-10 (including me) and tons of people made bets. Wasn't nearly as bad as TP though.

Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
haha cows thought blue dragon was bad.
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts

Time to say it again!!!! The flop trained has rolled back in town PS3 fanboys! It was here last year for RFOM, then back in the spring with Motorstorm, and back in August for Heavenly Sword. You may have also seen it a few days ago when itcame backfor Warhawk. Looks like were be seeing the flop train again very soon! Toooooot toooooot floppppa floppppa floppppaa floppppa floppppa floppppa toooooot toooooot!!!!!

ANOTHER ONES BITES THE DUST!!!

jd7-03
I ll admit, yes lair will flop, and pretty bad (my guess is 6.5-7.0), but you really shouldn t be talking, judgeing from your ratings I m guessing you have a XboxWii60? Don t turn this into a flopping contest *cough* blue dragon/MP3 *cough*
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#158 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts

If this game flop's on SW with a lower score then Blue dragon cow ownage will be through the roof :lol: I can see it now

"5.5!!1 wow idc im still buying it and no cow hyped this game so no one is owned " :lol:

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 XL83
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

[QUOTE="dunamistheou"]lol, poor Sony, http://ps3.ign.com/objects/761/761161.htmlKoopaknight29

Just so u know less than 5 percent of gamers listen to online review. I bet poeple will buy it and hate/love it.

Doesn't matter, its just a game really. Some people like to watch sports. I like to watch fanboys react to flopped games on the internets. Pretty sad, huh? Zelda 8.8, that was classic, that was like the Super Bowl of flops.

BioShock reaction was nothing. It was just a little toot that could be mistaken as the leather seat cushions, not a huge carpet-melting toxic fart like LoZ: TP :P

It got a 9.0, Superb, Editors Choice, about 10 medals, and lemmings still cried about how low the score was.

Put it in perspective: Half Life 2 scored a 9.2. BioShock may be awesome, but what it isn't is Half Life 2. 9.5 is World of Warcraft territory, and a single-player FPS like BioShock just doesn't offer as much. Be happy with 9.0, Metroid was the "GURRANTEEEDED TRIPPLE AAA EXPERIANCE!!!11" and it hit the same score as Warhawk, which practically came out of nowhere. Metroid was a huge flop in the score department, while I personally think BioShock did great. Even when lemmings win it isn't enough for them :P

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Ouch. Chugging framerate, too? I hadn't heard about that before.
Fick1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 Fick1122
Member since 2006 • 2135 Posts

Wasn't as bad as Metroid. The worst I've ever seen was TP. I thought Jeff was going to be killed that day.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

That is dissapointing. A game flopping should not be applauded. A company releasing a dud is not good for gamers.

I think we should hold a minutes silence for the game that could have been...

Koopaknight29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Koopaknight29
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="Koopaknight29"]

Wanderer5

Not as bad as Zelda reaction, but it was probably the biggest uproar for a game that didn't flop.

Yeah, I didn't bother going on System Wars during the whole TP debacle. It probably wouldn't have been worth it. That and the Water Temple was a b****, as per usual.

Awesome game, but still a flop. Oh well.

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 bulletmath
Member since 2007 • 1339 Posts

Someone claimed Lair was going to be better than SMG, I quoted him and put it in my sig for a while, lolz

goodlay

FFS, he should have been banned for that level of stupidity

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
wowwwww i thought this game looked boring but i wouldnt of guessed 4.9
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

lol the damage control is great...now it seems no cow ever hyped this game AAA? those official hype threads kill things, the game was hyped AAA until that thread came around....remember these

THE DRAW DISTANCE!!!!!

GEARS IS CORRIDOR CRAP W/ 3 enemies on screen lol 360 cant handle lairs 30984042 enemies at once

TEH GRAFFIX

TEH SIXAXXXIIIISSSSSSSSSS

am i missing anything else?

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 XL83

That is dissapointing. A game flopping should not be applauded. A company releasing a dud is not good for gamers.

poptart

Yeah, I'm with you. Forget the hype for a second, forget the ownage or whatever, and mourn the death of a game that should have been great. Flying a dragon around and killing stuff is such a cool concept, to me, that even with a 3.5 GS score I will have to physically restrain myself from buying it.

GOD DAMN YOU FACTOR 5!

You can call me owned and laugh at me all day, it would never hurt as much as knowing a game I was anticipating is a steaming turd factory. :( /tears

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#168 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

If this game flop's on SW with a lower score then Blue dragon cow ownage will be through the roof :lol: I can see it now

"5.5!!1 wow idc im still buying it and no cow hyped this game so no one is owned " :lol:

cyprus646

That's what I was thinking. This HAS to outscore Blue Dragon or it'll be one rough day for the cows. They'll probably take off from work (System Wars) for a few days. :)

7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts
With how much money that went into this game, even being hyped only an AA, this is a huge flop by any standards.
huff2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 huff2k
Member since 2004 • 241 Posts

idk who in the right state of mind whould of even tryed to hype this game lol......

dragon game? lol kinda funny ....

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
It's still AAA if you apply the bias modifier.
kiruyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 kiruyama
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
Wow.
Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts
Factor 5 No!!!!!!
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 XL83

lol the damage control is great...now it seems no cow ever hyped this game AAA? those official hype threads kill things, the game was hyped AAA until that thread came around....remember these

THE DRAW DISTANCE!!!!!

GEARS IS CORRIDOR CRAP W/ 3 enemies on screen lol 360 cant handle lairs 30984042 enemies at once

TEH GRAFFIX

TEH SIXAXXXIIIISSSSSSSSSS

am i missing anything else?

ApocalypseXIVV

At one point I definitely hyped it AAA. The dev walkthroughs made the game look awesome.

You're off base about TEH GRAFFIX though, one thing universally praised about the game is the graphics. It seems to be the only thing it has going for it.

[QUOTE="goodlay"]

Someone claimed Lair was going to be better than SMG, I quoted him and put it in my sig for a while, lolz

bulletmath

FFS, he should have been banned for that level of stupidity

For some of us, just the words Super Mario are enough to make us run away at top speed.

I was so done with Mario after SNES that I could probably never be excited about a Mario game again. Just hearing that Ninty is releasing yet another Mario product is enough to illicit a groan. Not everyone thinks Mario is the second coming.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts
[QUOTE="Escamillo"]

:lol:

Factor 5 hasn't made a decent game in ages (GameCube's Rogue Leader 1 was pretty to look at and pretty good, but Rogue Leader 2 was trash), so this is no surprise. Not only was this game hyped, but Factor 5 itself was hyped when the announced they do PD3 exclusively, then made press releases trashing Xbox360, all of this was cheered by the cows. lol

Well, Factor 5 knows graphics, but they sure don't know games. :lol:

kansasdude2009

Professor Layton dares to differ. Factor 5 is amazing, I blame the PS3 for this! :P

no, not really...

Level-5, not Factor-5

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
Wow...this may be the 1st time i'll let a review influence my decision to purchase something. That Greg guy sounded like he didn't have the slightest bit of anything approaching the vicinity bordering the outskirts of the realm neighboring the land where fun was last spotted way off in the distance... but then again i still bought Godhand and love it. I still think the game has nice vistas but don't feel too compelled to force myself to play something with apparently god awfull controls. I guess this proves that sixaxis just sucks 90% of time and shouldn't be relied upon as the basis to make a game... the only decent sixaxis game i can think of is fLOW.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

poptart

Even the company self hyped this, personally its there own fault. They should have just scrapped this idea when they knew it wasn't going to work but from the looks and sounds of it they've just pushed through cause they've already expended some serious resources in making it.

I can't wait to see what they try next, hopefully they move back to a rpg which there semi-good at making.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
[QUOTE="jd7-03"]

Time to say it again!!!! The flop trained has rolled back in town PS3 fanboys! It was here last year for RFOM, then back in the spring with Motorstorm, andback in August for Heavenly Sword. You may have also seen it a few days ago when itcame backfor Warhawk. Looks like were be seeing the flop train again very soon! Toooooot toooooot floppppa floppppa floppppaa floppppa floppppa floppppa toooooot toooooot!!!!!

Big_player

to be fair warhawk didnt technically flop because it was hyped AA

technically 30+ cows hyped wh AAA or better.
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 XL83

idk who in the right state of mind whould of even tryed to hype this game lol......

huff2k

Why is a dragon game funny? Was LOTR funny? Was it hilarious? Was it the funniest movie you ever saw?

Dragons pwn. Too bad this game probably sucks.

huff2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 huff2k
lol i consider myself a cow i guess... and i find it funny how so many ps3 owners were just like hoping this to be the breakthrough game for us? i from the start knew this wasnt the one lol and after the first few bad reviews they were still saying that they were still gonna buy it ... honestly now i bet they have all changed there minds. lol
huff2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 huff2k
[QUOTE="huff2k"]

XL83

Why is a dragon game funny? Was LOTR funny? Was it hilarious? Was it the funniest movie you ever saw?

lol notice i said game and not movie....

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts
[QUOTE="Big_player"][QUOTE="jd7-03"]

Time to say it again!!!! The flop trained has rolled back in town PS3 fanboys! It was here last year for RFOM, then back in the spring with Motorstorm, andback in August for Heavenly Sword. You may have also seen it a few days ago when itcame backfor Warhawk. Looks like were be seeing the flop train again very soon! Toooooot toooooot floppppa floppppa floppppaa floppppa floppppa floppppa toooooot toooooot!!!!!

briguyb13

Warhawk did not Flop
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 XL83
[QUOTE="Big_player"][QUOTE="jd7-03"]

briguyb13

Technically my ass. 30 cows do not represent all PS3 owners. They are the loud minority.

Warhawk came out of practically nowhere (almost no hype) to get high scores across the board, hit Gold from pre-orders, and its now so popular you have to be a freaking maniac to get into a game. Calling Warhawk anything but a success is way off the mark.

MP3 hype was through the roof and Warhawk got the same score. Put that into perspective.

huff2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 huff2k
[QUOTE="briguyb13"][QUOTE="Big_player"][QUOTE="jd7-03"]

XL83

Technically my ass. 30 cows do not represent all PS3 owners. They are the loud minority.

Warhawk came out of practically nowhere (almost no hype) to get high scores across the board, hit Gold from pre-orders, and its now so popular you have to be a freaking maniac to get into a game. Calling Warhawk anything but a success is way off the mark.

MP3 hype was through the roof and Warhawk got the same score. Put that into perspective.

warhawk is a great game, not a flop

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 XL83
[QUOTE="XL83"][QUOTE="huff2k"]

huff2k

lol notice i said game and not movie....

What's the difference? I just don't see how a dragon game is funny or obtuse at all. On paper it sounds unbeatable, a no-brainer. Dragons are pretty much the ultimate mythological ass-kicker. What's not to like? The idea for it still sounds badass to me.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="cyprus646"]

BioShockOwnz

That's what I was thinking. This HAS to outscore Blue Dragon or it'll be one rough day for the cows. They'll probably take off from work (System Wars) for a few days. :)

If this game does get like 7.0 here will cows drop the GS teh Bias crap?

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 XL83
[QUOTE="XL83"][QUOTE="briguyb13"][QUOTE="Big_player"][QUOTE="jd7-03"]

huff2k

warhawk is a great game, not a flop

Huh? I know dude, that's what I said. Did you misquote?

Clearer: Warhawk is rad. I love it. I'm playing it right now. It met or exceeded hype, and it is kind of a big deal. It owns many leather-bound books, and it's apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Krazy_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Krazy_duck
Member since 2006 • 2301 Posts

IGN VS. GAMESPOT

Who can flop more games do you think? :P

GS:

Legend of Zelda TP

MP3

IGN:

Heavenly Sword

Lair

....see a pattern? :P

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

TCHBO.

This has crushed the Cows hopes and dreams that this game Lair would be one of the games listed that justifies paying $600 for a gaming console. This game is pathetic. This PS3 is pathetic. This is inexcusable.

huff2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 huff2k

IGN VS. GAMESPOT

GS:

Legend of Zelda TP

MP3

IGN:

Heavenly Sword

Lair

Krazy_duck

lmao great sig

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 XL83
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="cyprus646"]

kcpp2b

If this game does get like 7.0 here will cows drop the GS teh Bias crap?

Not likely. If they aren't bashing GS compared to IGN, they will be bashing system to system. Personally I do think Gamespot is more inclined to 360 than anything else. I don't even think they can help it. They're just people, probably mostly dudes between the age of 25-30 who do bong rips and play vids like the rest of us, and 360 came out in a sea of SD graphics and jaggies to revitalize console gaming. Of course they must have been all over it. Now it's been a year and they're attached. I don't even blame them. I'm not saying they will purposely rate PS3 and Wii games lower, I'm just saying they might have a tough time being objective when they've spent a year with their buddies in intense competitions, making bets, swearing at eachother, etc. on the 360. It's more than just a box and some hardware when you get emotions involved :)

Guys have to remember that these "professional reviewers" are just a bunch of game-nerds like us. They are only human. Jeff likes chainsaws and 50 Cent, he doesn't like the Wiimote.

Maybe the next Wii game should feature 50 Cent killing historically accurate crab people with a chainsaw :lol:

Definite AAA, in fact I'm going to start hyping it now.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

Hype or no hype, its a shame for PS3 owners. They could do with a few moredecent games. Hopefully you'll get some soon.

Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
i remember lair being hyped as a geow killer wayyyyyyyy b4 the reveiws came out people were shoowing screen shots and what not..but now this damn...i dont think ANYONE predicted this
Koopaknight29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Koopaknight29
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

IGN VS. GAMESPOT

GS:

Legend of Zelda TP

MP3

IGN:

Heavenly Sword

Lair

Krazy_duck

Now that you mention it, yeah, yeah there is.

By the way, funny sig.

Even sheep can laugh at themselves sometimes...

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 XL83

TCHBO.

This has crushed the Cows hopes and dreams that this game Lair would be one of the games listed that justifies paying $600 for a gaming console. This game is pathetic. This PS3 is pathetic. This is inexcusable.

ReverseCycology

Our pathetic machine is on overload right now, playing our latest slice of MP awesomeness, Warhawk. Enjoy BioShock, and when you finish it the next day, go back to playing Gears online. :D

Btw, what's with your sig listing a PS3. You spent $600 on something you hate. Self-owned?

Tri-valley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Tri-valley
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts

I WANT to feel bad... but go back to how much cows used this game to bash anything and everything on all the other consoles.... yeah... kinda deserve it. Hopefully this will be a lesson in humility... but I doubt it. Next up for insane hype and crushing flop is ....? :roll:

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#197 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

4.9???? That is a joke of a review if I have ever seen one.The game is at least a solid 7.5-8.0 in my opinion. I just got through playing it for a couple of hours, and I just got passed The Demon Pass. The controls are easy to pick up on, respond very well and the game is just fun to play. You just have to remember that braking is your friend in this game (L2 and/or R2). The story is starting to unfold with a nice twist as well.

It deserves points for the "being different" factor alone. This is a very different type of game to play, but honestly, no, it is not an AAA type of game in my opinion like I thought it would be. But it is still ALOT better than any 4.9. That much I do know, as I own the game and have played it now. Therefore, I can speak about the game from first hand experience.

The bottom line is that if you like epic knights and dragons type of plots, as well as flying games, then you will dig Lair. The music is also top notch, and really pulls you in to each stage. The voice acting is good enough, and the animations are great. The only real complaint I have is a wild camera at times, and the difficulty of trying to make out the enemies from a distance. But it is not a real big issue, and overall, I really love the game. 4.9, lol....whatever.

CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

TCHBO.

XL83

Our pathetic machine is on overload right now, playing our latest slice of MP awesomeness, Warhawk. Enjoy BioShock, and when you finish it the next day, go back to playing Gears online. :D

Btw, what's with your sig listing a PS3. You spent $600 on something you hate. Self-owned?

Its fine to defend your system, but the PS3 is far from being the overlord now. Bioshock, rated 9.0 here and rated at 96%(4th best game of all time) was just released on the 360/PC. The 360/PC are the clear winners of August.

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts

Maybe the next Wii game should feature 50 Cent killing historically accurate crab people with a chainsaw :lol:

XL83

Theres nothing in that setence I didn't like.

Zero_Fate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#200 Zero_Fate_
Member since 2003 • 3448 Posts
Remember everyone, Lair can only be done on the PS3.