If you want a console with games this year..

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Let's stop the fanboyism for a minute. If you want to run out and get a console that has a lot of great exclusives today, save yourself some cash and get the system that actually has games, which is the WiiU.

If you want a console that is going to get the best games for the rest of the generation and not leave you hanging for a year or two at the end of the gen so they can jump-start their new toy, then the PS4 is the way to go.

There sure is an awful lot of chatter from the Xbox fanatics these days because they happened to get two 8s in a row, but the reality of the matter is there is no way the developer support will keep up and there is already a console out there that has been consistently putting quality game after quality game on the shelves. WiiU delivers. Don't believe the hype.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Let's stop the fanboyism for a minute. If you want to run out and get a console that has a lot of great exclusives today, save yourself some cash and get the system that actually has games, which is the WiiU.

If you want a console that is going to get the best games for the rest of the generation and not leave you hanging for a year or two at the end of the gen so they can jump-start their new toy, then the PS4 is the way to go.

There sure is an awful lot of chatter from the Xbox fanatics these days because they happened to get two 8s in a row, but the reality of the matter is there is no way the developer support will keep up and there is already a console out there that has been consistently putting quality game after quality game on the shelves. WiiU delivers. Don't believe the hype.

or just wait until 2015

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Consistently? The droughts are horrible. It's not even okay if you like every single game that comes your way.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Haha that damage control....hiding behind the WiiU....cows have no shame.

Also the Xbox One has scored four 8's and one 7 in a row.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Was going to say the same, cows can't catch a break, always need to hide behind some other system but now it's Wii U, now that's just irony right there. :P

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jsmoke03

@SecretPolice said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Was going to say the same, cows can't catch a break, always need to hide behind some other system but now it's Wii U, now that's just irony right there. :P

who is doing damage control?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

I don't hide behind anything. I'm a gamer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Nah fine with all teh game on my pc. Have to wait till next year for console games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja

@Gamerno6666 said:

Nah fine with all teh game on my pc. Have to wait till next year for console games.

PC has been going HAM this year. I can't blame you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Shewgenja: HAM?

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja: Just odd timing for this thread lol....also do you own a WiiU?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

If I didn't have any of the new gen consoles and I wanted to pick up over the holidays I would pick up the Xbox One. I know it has more games that didn't flop and I would have more free to play games readily available. Plus it has more and better entertainment apps included, you don't need a Playstation TV type of add-on to do what the Xbox One can do out of the box. And with the attractive sales prices, it just makes it more attractive.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Moogenja this is a new low even for you.

Cows are such bottom feeders.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SecretPolice  Online

@jsmoke03 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Seriously? I suppose I'll leave you with that impossible mystery to figure out on your own. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@SecretPolice said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Ya'll are hiding behind a well-documented two year game drought known as 2012-2013 on the XBox 360. Just because ya'll can double-think XBox to greatness doesn't mean the rest of the forum doesn't know what the score actually is.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I think people underestimate MS. The X360 was a great console, fantastic infact. Arguably better than the PS3 and certainly a vast improvement over the original Xbox. Yes the console's momentum slowed down towards the end of the generation, but I don't think it's fair to judge a console entirely on how it finishes. A strong start is important too. Now I'm not entirely sold on Xbox's future as some of the posters here, but with Phil holding the reins I'm more optimistic than I was.

Nintendo has completely lost my interest with their consoles, although they do make some great games. I'd like to own a PS4 at some point, but I doubt I could ever justify the expense.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice  Online

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Ya'll are hiding behind a well-documented two year game drought known as 2012-2013 on the XBox 360. Just because ya'll can double-think XBox to greatness doesn't mean the rest of the forum doesn't know what the score actually is.

Nope since it seams now ( for reasons I can't determine lol :P ) indies count, the 360 had dozens if not hundreds of them plus XBLA games all though those years and it continued to present day. :P

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

Get a Wii U? Maybe when they have more than 1 game that I genuinely take interest in.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yup. I have a WiiU, a PC, PS4 and a Vita. Last gen I started out with a 360 and ended up getting a PS3.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shewgenja

@2_Quiet_2_Riot said:

LOL, for singling out Xbox fanatics.

If people really really wanted a console that actually has games, yes the WiiU is a perfect choice, but if they wanted an excellent companion console to go along with it, then WiiU + X1 atm is also a good choice. PC is good too.

Don't believe the PS4 hype.

That doesn't really make sense, though. The biggest games every generation will be the big budget multiplats on top of the strong 1st party titles. One need only look at how many GoTYs that the PS3 got when compared to the 360 to know the writing on the wall. Why wouldn't you buy the system that plays them the best? The system getting the most content as well. I'm not following your logic, especially when looking at the X1s 2015 lineup.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@2_Quiet_2_Riot said:

@Shewgenja said:

LOL, for singling out Xbox fanatics.

If people really really wanted a console that actually has games, yes the WiiU is a perfect choice, but if they wanted an excellent companion console to go along with it, then WiiU + X1 atm is also a good choice. PC is good too.

Don't believe the PS4 hype.

Believe the PS4 hype! Playstation Experience in December. Greatness begins in early 2015.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

lol that blind playstation faith. After the vita disaster I don't trust Sony at all. PS4 is a useless piece of garbage right now and I refuse to buy one without games.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yup. I have a WiiU, a PC, PS4 and a Vita. Last gen I started out with a 360 and ended up getting a PS3.

A true gamer would have an X1 lol....we all know why you made this thread but it's all good.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Xbox one is the console to get if you want to play all the big games and the best versions of the biggest Sci-fi Shooter series in the world.

lol std is delusional.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

"Let's stop the fanboyism for a minute" Stopped reading right there.

Seriously though.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

Wii U has bayonetta and smash but going beyond that and saying it has games is laughable

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm perfectly happy with my PS4 regardless of what trolls post. The coming PS4 exclusives look fun to me and that's what matters.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

If you want games I don't see a problem with the Xbox One or Wii U.

It's the PS4 that needs them.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@papatrop said:

If you want games I don't see a problem with the Xbox One or Wii U.

It's the PS4 that needs them.

How dare you use logic.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shewgenja

@2_Quiet_2_Riot said:

I'm talking Gen 8 consoles right now, you know October 27, 2014, Monday? Stop reverting back to Gen 7 systems.

ATM.....At...... The........ Moment......among the Generation 8 consoles, WiiU + X1, are good choices for those interested in good quality exclusives. Also, X1 has multiplatform games as well. I also threw in the PC as another option.

Play them on the "best system"? These are CONSOLES......C.....O....N....S....O....L...E.....S... and NOT PCs. I'm sure those willing to invest on an X1 or WiiU are well aware of that and couldn't care less if the games are outputting sub-1080p. It's about FUN experiences. The whole "PS4 could do 1080p" is hype and bullshit. Want consistent 1080p? Go build a gaming PC. More content? Go build a gaming PC.

I'm merely underlining the point that if you want a system that has a stack of good games on it right now, the WiiU is the best bet. The XBone is very much third place in terms of short-term library (unless you like racers. No argument from me there.) and third or second place in terms of long-term library.

Then there's that nasty gorilla in the room. Unless you want to splash over $100 a year just to play games online, having both an XBone and a PS4 is super redundant. Making the XBone a mere pretender and not the genuine article.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Lets bet accounts that the XBox One continues to get great games. 2016 as the deadline?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#37 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

The wiiu definitely delivers if you want the biggest selection of games I say wiiu and a ps4 or ,Xbox one is the way to go that way you get more exclusives to go with the multiplats

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Oh wow, cows hiding behind the Wii U

LOL

Ive seen it all now.

Shew you're almost reaching @grenadelauncher levels of desperation.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I don't own any of the consoles but if I had to get one, it'd probably be the Wii U.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I don't hide behind anything. I'm a gamer.

oh please... I have a PC/PS4/Wii U and 3DS/Vita .... yet I'm clearly a HERMIT here... as you are a COW.... stop hiding behind the wii-u and eat your crow.... all of these consoles are currently poor dominated by multiplats and indies.... most of which best on PC.

Wii U has horrible droughts.... but some great games that will last years... I cant wait for smash bros.... but the bayonetta demo was crap... utterly... it made me cringe and was embarrasing to play infront of the Mrs... not because of its sexual themes.... but because of how childishly over the top the gameplay sequences were and the dialogue..... like a 14 year old japanese teen making it in his basement.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

For the online gamer its a simple choice, xbox one. Greater amount of varied games for multiplayer compared to PS4 and Wii U, except PC. PS4 online would bore me. If Infamous had co-op and driveclub was Motorstorm, maybe might consider PS4 now.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Translation: Please, don't buy and Xbox One! Please, please, please, don't buy and Xbox One!

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

This thread is embarrassing.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, Wii U has been a worthwhile console so far. Plenty of good exclusives already and I'll be picking up Bayo 2 and Smash soon enough.

I probably should have waited on picking up a PS4. I know it'll be worth it eventually, but I haven't turned the damn thing on in months.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jsmoke03

@SecretPolice said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Seriously? I suppose I'll leave you with that impossible mystery to figure out on your own. :P

sorry, there are a lot of cows these days....only one i know for sure is tormentos and misterpmedia (havent seen in him in awhile)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Just be a champion and get all 3.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Sad sad times to be a cow I guess. The wiiu does have some draw to it but for my money the Xbox one is the choice.

Best games, best online, best features, and best support are all Xbox One exclusives (among consoles)

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@rictshard said:

This thread is embarrassing.

Very embarrassing.

Just when you thought cows couldn't get any more desperate...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

Translation: Please, don't buy and Xbox One! Please, please, please, don't buy and Xbox One!

Why would I beg for inevitability? Silly Lem, your brain must be in the cloud.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

Why would I beg for inevitability? Silly Lem, your brain must be in the cloud.

Haha, yeah he says that as if Xbones are just flying off the shelves.