If PSVITA had modern warfare 3 cross platform, would it win the handheld War?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#51 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

It might. The 3DS isn't doing so hot and even with that price point I can see the Vita with all the buzz it has just overtaking 3DS. If it had cross platform MW3 then it would be game over man.

NBKNAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 NBKNAS
Member since 2003 • 98 Posts

If i buy a VITA is for a original Handheld games not for a consoles games. We need original ideas, not ports from consoles. look what happen with the psp. If you have a 42 inch tv. What is the point?

ocidax

nobody is arguing that we'll have unique games, but i think having a crossplatform wouldn't be a negative. Who knows, maybe one day you buy FIFA13 for 59$ or you get the crossplatform PSVITA/PS3 combo pack for 79$.

not saying for every game, but some would bring a lot of interest.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#53 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Modern Warfare 3 on the PSV would be freaking insane if done right. Now you got me doing wishful thinking :cry:.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
first.. i think there is going to be a cod game for the vita (mw3?) secondly i dont think it would be THAT successful , i mean i will be getting the vita but i will be buying mw3 on ps3
NBKNAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NBKNAS
Member since 2003 • 98 Posts

first.. i think there is going to be a cod game for the vita (mw3?) secondly i dont think it would be THAT successful , i mean i will be getting the vita but i will be buying mw3 on ps3campzor

If it plays like it shoukd, it will be succesful.

cutebrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 cutebrute
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts

Since CoD is sub-HD just to run on the PS3, I'd expect any Vita CoD to make more concessions and probably run at 30fps to even run properly. But if IW/Treyarch could allow people to take their profiles on the go at least so they can play and level up anywhere, then it would be a serious win for Sony on both the handheld and console front.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]first.. i think there is going to be a cod game for the vita (mw3?) secondly i dont think it would be THAT successful , i mean i will be getting the vita but i will be buying mw3 on ps3NBKNAS

If it plays like it shoukd, it will be succesful.

i suppose in the school yard it could be really popular , im just saying a lot of people will have my mentality. Who knows i may even buy it, but doubtful atm, ps3 for me
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#58 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

No, it would not help at all.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

[QUOTE="NBKNAS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yes, it would certainly help. Whereas I can say with certainty not ALL CoD players would want to play the game on a handheld, quite a few of them might want to, and to them, it will be an appealing feature. So, Call of Duty on the Vita might help it, but it won't win it the handheld war like TC asked.charizard1605

While it might not win the war, it might sway other developpers into putting morecross platform high end games like that.. kind of making the PSVITA and PS3 a must combination.

imagine NHL 12, FIFA games being able to crossplay too

Yes, it will certainly be a major selling point for the system. However, beyond Sony, I doubt other developers will really make use of the feature. Remember Remote Play? GBA-GCN Connectivity? Remember how those turned out?

yea thats true

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="NBKNAS"]

hi, first post so hopefully it's not too lame or noobish for you guys :oops:

My question is, they have said that the ps Vita can be used as a ps3 controller which is nice. Also that with dual analog sticks, FPS are going to be VERY interesting.

Now, the question is, If Sony were to invest in convincing Activision in making a Modern Warfare 3 for PSVita that will perform exactly like the PS3 version(except lower resolution since it's a smaller screen), but that you'd be able to play online against ps3 users, do you think that this type of giganticstunt could convince a lot of people to get that over a 3ds etc.

Would that convince you to get one?And do you think it will bring some people who didn't think of getting one, into getting one?

There's high probability MW3 runs on AMD Fusion based tablets i.e. it's already running MW2.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ronvalencia

Not really. The 3DS has Pokemon, and honestly, nothing sells like Pokemon. Also, most CoD players really wouldn't want to game on a handheld anyway.charizard1605

On case size, note that Sony Vita is 7.2 inch wide while Acer Iconia W500 tablet is 10.8 inch wide.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

if the vita got mW3 so would the 3ds they wouldnt strictly have it for one handheld

Mario1331
Yeah. I'm sure COD vets totally wouldn't mind having to adjust to playing MW3 with one joystick and a stylus.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ronvalencia

multiplayer fpses on handhelds, haven'et worked sales wise really so far. Plus who really needs to play cod on the go? im sure most casuals don't even want that. Microsoft1234

My AMD Fusion based tablet says Hi i.e. it's a handheld, it's mobile and it's a PC.

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

Not really. And I expect the 3DS to get anual CoD games starting next year.

christiankhs-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 christiankhs-2
Member since 2011 • 156 Posts
the handheld that has the most ORIGINAL games is gonna win
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Anyone who's serious about CoD wouldn't dream of playing it on a handheld, but I could be wrong.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

if the vita got mW3 so would the 3ds they wouldnt strictly have it for one handheld

nervmeister

Yeah. I'm sure COD vets totally wouldn't mind having to adjust to playing MW3 with one joystick and a stylus.

thats not the point in sales yes the 3ds getting mw3 will hurt the vita completely negating potential buyers and sales for it being handheld exclusives who cares what plays better if that was the question then i wouldnt have stated what i did

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

NBKNAS

As if it will be comparable.

I used Modern Warfare 3 as an example. It could be many other Major games like UFC, Fifa, NHL, Madden, Coop Games etc. crossplatforming. I used COD cause it's a big seller.

and someone who said there is no R3 and all that, you have two touch panels that can easy be used, heck it could possibly give a slight advantage to the handheld.

thats not the point in sales yes the 3ds getting mw3 will hurt the vita completely negating potential buyers and sales for it being handheld exclusives who cares what plays better if that was the question then i wouldnt have stated what i did

darksidecelica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 darksidecelica
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

I dont know about everyone else but cod on the go would be great for me. If it gets slow at work, I can work on leveling my perks. Gonna be on the toilet for awhile? How about a round of Search? Lunch break? Quick FFA! PSV may change FPS genre on handhelds. 3G gaming? PSHH no problem. Just set my EVO 4g to hotspot. Im sure COD will give the PSV a surge that may help end Nintendo's reign as top handheld

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Quote me if you want. IF PSvita keep its price low enough to make it an appealing "investment" and Sony is dead serious about it and bring kickass titles for it in the first year of its release... PSvita will kickas!! period
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts
no. this is my biggest worry with the vita. handhelds needs to stand out..to seperate themselves from consoles. at the end of the day, given the choice, how many people would choose the vita version over the PS3, 360 or PC version? some would im sure but not in any significant numbers. if vita support simply ammounts to multiplats then itll be DOA. it needs exclusive content...something to make it stand out. its why ninty handhelds have been so successful in the past, its why ipads and so on are doing well now and this rule will continue in the future. exclusive content..not console hand me downs. sony have to make exclsuive games on the vita (that stay exclsuive) and they need to get 3rd parties doing the same. a spin off of COD could be very successful for example. same kind of production values..maybe using many of the assets from the console version....but with a different Sp campaign. an MP that can also plug into the PS3 version would be a nice bonus but also give it unique MP modes and maps. but if the vita is just going to get carbon copies of console games then its already in serious trouble. it sounds great on paper but not enough people are going to choose the vita version over the other versions. i hope sony and 3rd parties have long term plans for exclusive stuff for the vita. as a gaming device its looking great. but if its just multiplats (and god forbid if sony decide to also port PSV stuff to the PS3) then its going to really struggle.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#73 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I doubt many people turn to handhelds for their Call of Duty fix. Call of Duty certainly wasn't why the DS beat the PSP and the handheld sales for the series never really been anything extraordinary.