If Fallout 4 is exclusive to XB1 / Windows 10 what are your plans?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If Fallout 4 is exclusive to XB1 / Windows 10 what are your plans? (63 votes)

Buy a XB1 and play it for that 48%
Buy a $1000 dollar new PC that can handle it (sell PS4 since its useless for multiplats) 37%
Stick to my PS4 i can miss this game its no biggie i might miss like tomb raid and fallouts and skyrims yeah all day ereyday ps4life 16%

yeah so IM NOT SAYING it is exclusive for anything yet

im saying if it was exclusive

sony seems to buying japanese style games exclusively for ps4 like street fighter / disgaea

so makes sense the microsoft buys some WRPG exclusive to its side right to combat those righ its all fair in love n war right?

so whats the dealio u alrdy bought the ps4 i see you guys i see yas

so what are u doing bout the games that aren't coming to ps4 ever basically whats scenario there

• 
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

My plan is getting it on pc no matter what. When the 300 series of amd gpu's come out i'll probably grab the 380x and run dat shit maxed out with mods, the only way of playing Bethesda titles. Can't wait for Fallout 4, though. The first video will make me wet all over the place oh yeaaaaa

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I am going to come here to watch the cow tears first. The secure a few more sponsors for P2M podcast.

Watch twitter shut down. GAF implode. My body will then have complete protonic reversal.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Don't really care unless it's a 2D isometric Fallout

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

my plan would be to buy fallout 4 as planned and watch the cows pretend to not care about the fallout series now that they have "Insert PS4 exclusive RPG title"

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

If I actually wanted to play it, I'd pick it up on PC. Wouldn't matter if it was on every other platform known to man, I'd only risk playing a Bethesda game on PC.

That said, I highly doubt I'll be giving another Bethesda game the time of day.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@lawlessx said:

my plan would be to buy fallout 4 has planned and watch the cows pretend to not care about the fallout series now that they have "Insert PS4 exclusive RPG title"

that would be so sad an hilarious if like ps4 owners were like em yeah x/y/z compares to fallout 4 LMAO what a disaster that would be like dude no game they could even list is like 1/100th as good as fallout 4 it would be like an epic joke fest from them they just stop trying after that beatdown right?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner

@ProtossX said:

@lawlessx said:

my plan would be to buy fallout 4 has planned and watch the cows pretend to not care about the fallout series now that they have "Insert PS4 exclusive RPG title"

that would be so sad an hilarious if like ps4 owners were like em yeah x/y/z compares to fallout 4 LMAO what a disaster that would be like dude no game they could even list is like 1/100th as good as fallout 4 it would be like an epic joke fest from them they just stop trying after that beatdown right?

Well, you saw how lems reacted to the Street Fighter 5 news, acting like it was some worthless no-name game, even bringing up Killer Instinct as some sort of counter lmao.

So yes, I imagine it would be like that, but with a role reversal.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Would play it on my PC. Would never play Fallout on a console over PC.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Owning an Xbox One, I still wouldn't buy it, because a non-Obsidian Fallout game just sounds so unappealing.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

This is what i have a pc for - but it wont happen. Lol lems - clinging to straws.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ProtossX said:

@lawlessx said:

Well, you saw how lems reacted to the Street Fighter 5 news, acting like it was some worthless no-name game, even bringing up Killer Instinct as some sort of counter lmao.

true,but i saw alot more of them cursing microsoft for not securing it for the xbox one. For microsoft to say street fighter 5 wasn't worth the investment because they're already fitting the bill for another game is just arrogant. They knew what would happen to killer Instinct's playerbase if SF5 was on the xbox one and they choose to avoid that

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Wait two months for the PS4 announcement?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

To buy it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#14  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Always play it on PC. Unless it is a console exclusive. Why settle for an inferior experience on console?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Already own an Xbox One, already own a $1,600 PC, already own a PlayStation 4.

wat do?

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ProtossX said:

@lawlessx said:

The fact that you think Street Fighter V is going to stay "exclusive" to the PlayStation 4 is the funny part. Sony only has contractual agreements with Capcom for the vanilla game "Street Fighter V", they have no domain over any alternate versions of it which release down the line, and you know damn well there will be several. Super Street Fighter V, Super Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Ultra Street Fighter V etc.

Sony has no dominion over those, this game is essentially going to be a timed exclusive due to that reality.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

If I actually wanted to play it, I'd pick it up on PC. Wouldn't matter if it was on every other platform known to man, I'd only risk playing a Bethesda game on PC.

That said, I highly doubt I'll be giving another Bethesda game the time of day.

Same here, without mods modern Bethesda games aren't worth playing IMO.

hatecalledlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hatecalledlove
Member since 2004 • 1383 Posts

Buy it for PC, because of well better graphics and all the mods.... The same thing any reasonable person would do with a bethesda game.

I wouldn't be able to play it on console because of all the bugs alone.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ConanTheStoner

@nyadc said:

The fact that you think Street Fighter V is going to stay "exclusive" to the PlayStation 4 is the funny part. Sony only has contractual agreements with Capcom for the vanilla game "Street Fighter V", they have no domain over any alternate versions of it which release down the line, and you know damn well there will be several. Super Street Fighter V, Super Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Ultra Street Fighter V etc.

Sony has no dominion over those, this game is essentially going to be a timed exclusive due to that reality.

What? It's not even an exclusive to begin with lol. I only brought it up because:

1. It's the same deal as the hypothetical scenario that the OP is proposing, and

2. I was just pointing out how the reaction would be similar.

Street Fighter 5 is launching on both PS4 and PC, I'll more than likely be getting the PC version.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Thank God I am a fan of JRPGs not those WRPGs.

I really think things will go just fine for the PS4, TitanFall couldn't change a thing, nor could fallout.

Final thing, Fallout 3 was on PS3, imagine .... I really find it hard to imagine FO4 being Xbone/PC exclusive.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

It's not that it can't happen, because it could. But are lemmings really resorting to fantasizing now?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

I have what I need. I will also show up the day of the announcement on here to drink Bovine tears of sadness. Let's all hope it happens.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Neither. I honestly won't care. Still haven't even played Fallout 3 nor New Vegas yet. Just not into these games.

Also, I doubt Fallout 4 would be a Xbox One/PC exclusive. There's not really a point to do it. Sure, Microsoft could probably pay Bethesda off to delay the PS4 version a few months but why? Tomb Raider makes sense to side with Microsoft because Square-Enix is afraid of Uncharted 4. Capcom probably made Street Fighter V PS4/PC exclusive because they don't want to compete with Killer Instinct. What does Bethesda have to compete with?

It's probably just going to be timed exclusive DLC for Xbox One (which Microsoft did plenty of times on Xbox 360). That's my guess.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Continue to not care about the fallout franchise.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Watch morons like TC be delusional.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Theres no option for give the middle finger to MS for continuing to buy exclusvies and not create exclusives.

Either way....I'll just buy it on PC.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Would play nice on my brand spanking new gtx 970

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I am going to come here to watch the cow tears first. The secure a few more sponsors for P2M podcast.

Watch twitter shut down. GAF implode. My body will then have complete protonic reversal.

LOL that is funny. I want in on that P2M cast

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The game will probably not be very good. I'll probably have a moment of weakness in a few years and get the GOTY edition with all DLC for $5 on steam.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

lol fucking lame pc mindset.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Dumb question since it will never happen. If it did I would never play it. After playing Skyrim with mods I will never play another Bethesda game without them.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@MonsieurX said:

When the game was actually good

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

If it lives up to the hype...Im buying an Xbone. **** it.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

you people literally dont understand there millions of people with a ps4 and no PC or xbox one those people Who thoguht they were gettin every single triple multiplat on ps4

so those ppl who thought that literally cannot even get a multiplat that goes exlcusive to bone and pc cuz they dont have either of those look at this thread even some ppl in here only have ps4 and no bone or pc so they would miss out u see what im saying?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@ProtossX said:

you people literally dont understand there millions of people with a ps4 and no PC or xbox one those people Who thoguht they were gettin every single triple multiplat on ps4

so those ppl who thought that literally cannot even get a multiplat that goes exlcusive to bone and pc cuz they dont have either of those look at this thread even some ppl in here only have ps4 and no bone or pc so they would miss out u see what im saying?

What about the ps4 and pc only games? WTF are you even on about? People know they won't be able to get every game with only one system. That is why, if you can, it is best to get at least 2.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

If it were console exclusive I can't imagine it'd last longer than a year, maybe two at most, before it's on PS4, then everyone will act like it was never a thing they concerned themselves about. More realistically I can imagine MS disappointingly wasting its leverage by bankrolling the entire game in exchange for timed exclusive DLC, a la GTA IV.

Anyhow, I have an Xbox One already, so if it comes as a console exclusive or a PS4/XBO multiplat, either way I'm getting it.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Confronted with such a silly situation I'd immediately realize i was dreaming, and wake up.

OK OK, since we're playing silly stupid time ITT; if W10 passes muster, ill upgrade my OS in time, after the critical launch bugs have been fixed. If I don't fancy the upgrade, I'll pass. Bethesda would feel the pain far more than a guy with a backlog as long as mine.

But seriously XBoys. Quit praying that MS will buy enough multiplats away to ever be worth it. It's so, petty, so sad. It's like you gave up on actual new games to play years ago. Which, yeah I guess I see your point...

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MikeHockbourns

theres no way they would lose millions of sales by not releasing it on ps4.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

Jesus you play bethesda games on console? yeesh....

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Why would anyone need a $1000 PC to play a Bethesda game when they will likely just reuse the same old engine theyve been using since Morrowind? (EDIT: Oh yeah for the super high res mods!) Also PC is the best way to play any game, especially a Bethesda game.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@-God- said:

@mikehockbourns said:

He and many other people. MANY other people. And as one of those guys who played Skyrim on PC, I did sort of wished I hadn't. The PC version was almost broken at release, with blue outdoor textures, enemies flying to the sky, and horrible performance. It took Bethesda almost 1 month to release a patch to iron out all the bugs, many of which weren't present on consoles. By that time, I was done playing the game.

Everyone is entitled to their preference of platform, but don't pretend the PC version was the superior one at launch, because it wasn't. And I don't spend months upon months on end playing one game. I have to move on to other games.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Already have an XB1 and an adequate PC, soooooooo... I guess I'm good and ready to go.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

I feel bad for anyone that plays bethesda games on console.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

So there are still people out there keeping the rumor alive.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Won't care. Bethesda working with Fallout has failed once already.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MikeHockbourns

@MonsieurX said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@MonsieurX said:

When the game was actually good

I liked the old ones too but 3 and new vegas took it to another level. a much needed first person upgrade.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikeHockbourns

@-God- said:

@mikehockbourns said:

yea, had zero problems last gen on ps3. stayed up for weeks playing them, no crashes, the trick is to create multiple save files and save often. having fun with these.....

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Know about UnderRail ? http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/

Here's a little preview write up - http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9657

Great price too.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By -God-

@mikehockbourns said:

@-God- said:

@mikehockbourns said:

yea, had zero problems last gen on ps3.

I was actually talking about the PC version of bethesda games being vastly superior not just due to better fps/gfx, but also the insane mods. But nice of you to bring up PS3 and Bethesda,

Hook, line, and sinker: http://kotaku.com/5885358/why-skyrim-didnt-play-nice-with-the-ps3

And lol multiplats on consoles: http://www.eurogamer.net/?type=face-off (Pick almost any article, my friend.)

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By -God-

@jhcho2 said:

He and many other people. MANY other people. And as one of those guys who played Skyrim on PC, I did sort of wished I hadn't. The PC version was almost broken at release, with blue outdoor textures, enemies flying to the sky, and horrible performance. It took Bethesda almost 1 month to release a patch to iron out all the bugs, many of which weren't present on consoles. By that time, I was done playing the game.

Everyone is entitled to their preference of platform, but don't pretend the PC version was the superior one at launch, because it wasn't. And I don't spend months upon months on end playing one game. I have to move on to other games.

This is bullshit. http://kotaku.com/5885358/why-skyrim-didnt-play-nice-with-the-ps3

I had both. The PS3 version was much worse at launch and many gaming sites made a big deal about it. Those isolated bugs and performance issues on PC weren't as common place as the PS3 version which always occurred on EVERY copy and ps3, unlike PC. I didn't encounter any of the bugs you mentioned, for example.

Playing Skyrim or any other Bethsoft on consoles is a tragedy.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#50  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I was getting on PC regardless. PC is my primary gaming platform this gen, (and probably future gens at this rate).

@ProtossX Wait, Fallout 4 may be Xbone/PC exlcusive?? Where are you getting this info from?