If 360 has better graphics how come PS3 is always console graphics king???

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Lemmings say 360 is no doubt more powerful than the PS3 but why is it that the PS3 always has a game that is graphics king?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Lazy devs?
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Lemmings said that when? Last November?

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

when has anyone said anything other than theyre equal?

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
How can the PS3 always have console graphics king if 360 has better graphics?
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Nevermind .fakeboy confirmed.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
How can the PS3 always have console graphics king if 360 has better graphics?II-FBIsniper-II
oh wow good one
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

1. Most reasonable people realize they're =.

2. Killzone2 is the best looking console game right now, I don't know many who dispute that. I think uncharted 2 however isn't any better looking than gears 2.

3.Right now there are obviously a lot more ps3 fanboys in this forum judging from so many topics like this being made, so they're going to be louder in shouting down alternative opinions.

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

360 more powerful? wat? The 360 does not have better graphics in terms of exclusives. Here is how it works

PS3 Exclusives>>>>360 Exclusives>>>360 Multiplats>PS3 Multiplats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts

My friend still thinks the 360 has better graphics.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

360 more powerful? wat? The 360 does not have better graphics in terms of exclusives. Here is how it works

PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3 Exclusives>>>>360 Exclusives>>>360 Multiplats>PS3 Multiplats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

Panther501

Fix'd.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Ps3 is all ways console graphics king? last i checked it wasn't till about killzone 2 was released...that was the first time in? 3 years it was graphics king. And that shows much since kz2 is a total trash game that is further cemented its life time sales were surpassed in 24 hours by what cows claim is an expansion.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
The graphical differences between the 360 and the PS3 are negligible, and are only noticed by fanboys.
ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts

Cows would never allow a 360 to get graphics king ever again, lems just sit back and roll there eyes everytime a new console graphic king comes out.

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kunal1092000
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts

[QUOTE="Panther501"]

PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3 Exclusives>>>>360 Exclusives>>>360 Multiplats>PS3 Multiplats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

MonsieurX

Fix'd.

LMFAO.

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kunal1092000

Of Course Everyone here knows Wii is undisputed in the GFX department don't kid yourselves.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

Ps3 is all ways console graphics king? last i checked it wasn't till about killzone 2 was released...that was the first time in? 3 years it was graphics king. And that shows much since kz2 is a total trash game that is further cemented its life time sales were surpassed in 24 hours by what cows claim is an expansion.

WilliamRLBaker
riiiiiiight. sales = everything :roll: uncharted was graphics king when it was released. So was MGS4. And I mean on consoles. no crysis pix plz
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 washd123

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

SilverChimera

riiiiiiight. sales = everything :roll: uncharted was graphics king when it was released. So was MGS4. And I mean on consoles. no crysis pix plz

MGS4 was never in anyway shape or form a graphics king

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10621 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

this post is all wrong. The 360 really didn't get the graphics crown up until when gears 2 came out. The ps3 had the crown ever since the 1st Uncharted was released, and then the 360 got it and had it for 4 months, and ever since then, the ps3 and KZ2 have had it and from the looks of things, U2 will be taking it away from KZ2

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blazerdt47
How can the PS3 always have console graphics king if 360 has better graphics?II-FBIsniper-II
When Gears 2 came out, PS3 didn't really have any big exclusives but as you can tell, Uncharted, MGS4, Ratchet & Clank, and current graphics king Killzone 2 looks better than Gears 2 by miles. And now Uncharted 2 will take the crown.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10621 Posts

[QUOTE="SilverChimera"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

washd123

says WHO?

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="SilverChimera"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

washd123

Are you kidding? Have you ever played MGS4??? Some of the locales are the most beautiful game set pieces ever created. For example Shadow Moses Island. And let's not forget MGS4 was also king in the animation and character models too.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

The 360 has marginal better graphics on some multiplatform games by the nature of 360 being lead platform or easier to develop for but now of these games really push the hardware that hard. Ps3 exclusives look the best because Sony funds 1st party development to make games that really take advantage of the ps3. 360 exclusives do not do this because MS doesn't have a big first party and a lot of the exclusives on 360 use a middleware engine like UE3

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

SilverChimera

Agree about uncharted, but not about MGS4.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 topgunmv

[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]How can the PS3 always have console graphics king if 360 has better graphics?Blazerdt47
When Gears 2 came out, PS3 didn't really have any big exclusives but as you can tell, Uncharted, MGS4, Ratchet & Clank, and current graphics king Killzone 2 looks better than Gears 2 by miles. And now Uncharted 2 will take the crown.

Sometimes browsing systemwars is better than reading pennyarcade. Thank you.

fireballonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fireballonfire
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

Like stated so many times and even confirmed by software-developers and even the designersbehind the architecturesused ineach machine.

- "When it comes down to it, they are pretty much equal".

John Carmack from ID said that the PS3 has a stronger processing power which is understandable because of the Cell. On the other hand the xbox360 has been confirmed having the better GPU giving it the upper hand in rendering power.

The machineshave different strengths and it is very difficult to compare them right off the bat.I would expect the Xbox360 to produce the cleaner, better image and the PS3 to produce better effects like physics and lightning.

All in all we should expect about the same graphics from both of them.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

its already understood ps3 is more powerful

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kunal1092000

WilliamRLBaker

You forget that Halo already had a huge fan base worldwide based off the last 3 halos. Whereas, I the first Killzone was an epic fail and had to gain the trust of 1.9 million people. Isn't this logical assumption? Another note to add: Why does it matter that it took 3 years for PS3 to become graphics king? All I see down this path is 360's graphics getting dated while PS3's get better. In my opinion whoever ends the generation with better graphics wins and heavy processing games that can't be possible on the other.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 topgunmv

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

kunal1092000

You forget that Halo already had a huge fan base worldwide based off the last 3 halos. Whereas, I the first Killzone was an epic fail and had to gain the trust of 1.9 million people. Isn't this logical assumption? Another note to add: Why does it matter that it took 3 years for PS3 to become graphics king? All I see down this path is 360's graphics getting dated while PS3's get better. In my opinion whoever ends the generation with better graphics wins and heavy processing games that can't be possible on the other.

May I ask you what 360 exclusive has come out since gears2 that has attempted to push graphics?

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 washd123

Are you kidding? Have you ever played MGS4??? Some of the locales are the most beautiful game set pieces ever created. For example Shadow Moses Island. And let's not forget MGS4 was also king in the animation and character models too.Blazerdt47

the animation in MGS4 is ridgid and terrible first off, at least in game.

the actual graphics are pretty bad. being beautiful has nothing to do with graphics.

graphics are the strict tech. meaning texture resolution,shadows,draw distance, partical effects, in the case of the consoles AA and resolution of the game.

and if you truely have played MGS4 youll know what im talking about graphically it fails. its not my opinion its a technical fact between its low res last gen textures to its static lighting and poor shadows the game can never be called a graphics king.

now if were talking visuals thats different. but then again its all based on opinion what looks good to me might not look good to you so there really is no 'best' there.

uncharted had the graphics king not MGS4

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kunal1092000

[QUOTE="kunal1092000"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

topgunmv

May I ask you what 360 exclusive has come out since gears2 that has attempted to push graphics?

Are you asking me?

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

Like stated so many times and even confirmed by software-developers and even the designersbehind the architecturesused ineach machine.

John Carmack from ID said that the PS3 has a stronger processing power which is understandable because of the Cell. On the other hand the xbox360 has been confirmed having the better GPU giving it the upper hand in rendering power.

The machineshave different strengths and it is very difficult to compare them right off the bat.I would expect the Xbox360 to produce the cleaner, better image and the PS3 to produce better effects like physics and lightning.

fireballonfire
Are you familiar with the term "software rendering"? All it means is that the CPU renders the graphics just like a GPU, except CPUs are generally less suited to the task and are thus slower. However, there is nothing about processing power that delineates one as "rendering power" whereas the other is "software power," or "general purpose power" or something like that, although generally GPUs are far more suited to the task of graphics rendering than CPUs. However, the Cell processor is ultimately a very very fast processor and thus is very fast at software rendering. It is perhaps still the fastest software rendering CPU on the market. That's why the numbers for the processing power on the PS3 are so extreme....it's because the Cell processor is tipping the scales enormously. All and all, if you could actually command the Cell processor to help with graphics rendering (which many developers, including Naughty Dog and Insomniac, are beginning to do, to great success), PS3 would have still more "rendering power" than the Xbox 360.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jyoung312

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

kunal1092000

I am pretty sure that Uncharted 1 and MGS4 had Graphics King title on console before KZ2. Last non-ps3 game to hold the crown was Gears 1
fireballonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fireballonfire

PS3-fanboys you need to let it go.It has been confirmed so many times,wheneverything is said and done they are about equal.

kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kunal1092000

PS3-fanboys you need to let it go.It has been confirmed so many times,wheneverything is said and done they are about equal.

fireballonfire

What are you deluding yourself into believing they're equal or are you just using sarcasm? This is like saying console graphics are about equal as PC graphics.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jyoung312

fireballonfire
Show me it. They are close but fact remains that when anyone talks about the best graphics in an upcoming release that game is a ps3 game
fireballonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fireballonfire

[QUOTE="fireballonfire"]

Brownesque

Are you familiar with the term "software rendering"? All it means is that the CPU renders the graphics just like a GPU, except CPUs are generally less suited to the task and are thus slower. However, there is nothing about processing power that delineates one as "rendering power" whereas the other is "software power," or "general purpose power" or something like that, although generally GPUs are far more suited to the task of graphics rendering than CPUs. However, the Cell processor is ultimately a very very fast processor and thus is very fast at software rendering. It is perhaps still the fastest software rendering CPU on the market. That's why the numbers for the processing power on the PS3 are so extreme....it's because the Cell processor is tipping the scales enormously. All and all, if you could actually command the Cell processor to help with graphics rendering (which many developers, including Naughty Dog and Insomniac, are beginning to do, to great success), PS3 would have still more "rendering power" than the Xbox 360.

And that is where you are wrong. Sony didn't ditch the dual cell architecture to be replaced by a crappy 7900 card for nothing. BTW. using a CPU to render stuff is such a HUGE waste. Even the larabee has problems render graphics done by a middle-end GPU.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="kunal1092000"]

kunal1092000

Are you asking me?

Yes I am, I'm assuming you have seen some since you are saying they are looking more and more dated.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Lazy devs?MonsieurX
That only works with ps3, it isn't quite right though. Look at the number of devs though, Sony has about 10 times more game developers than MS. Look at the average time in development of ps3 exclusive compared to a 360 exclusive. Now look at game with same time in development (multiplatforms) which look better on 360.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 washd123

And that is where you are wrong. Sony didn't ditch the dual cell architecture to be replaced by a crappy 7900 card for nothing. BTW. using a CPU to render stuff is such a HUGE waste. Even the larabee has problems render graphics done by a middle-end GPU.

fireballonfire

they ditched it becuase itd be even more expensive and itd be even more of a hassle for devs it would have been the better solution powerwise. thered be no question about the ps3s power. but of course with 2 cells itd be only theoretical since thered be no way to take full advantage of it

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jyoung312

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Lazy devs?themyth01

That only works with ps3, it isn't quite right though. Look at the number of devs though, Sony has about 10 times more game developers than MS. Look at the average time in development of ps3 exclusive compared to a 360 exclusive. Now look at game with same time in development (multiplatforms) which look better on 360.

marginally, nit-picking better or exactly the same. The differences between most multiplatform games is exaggerated
kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kunal1092000

[QUOTE="kunal1092000"]

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

Are you asking me?

Yes I am, I'm assuming you have seen some since you are saying they are lookinged just yet. I'm smore and more dated.

I'm not saying 360's graphics are outdated just yet. I'm saying down the road (as in in the upcoming months) the 360's graphics will look more dated. Notice I didn't say 360's graphics are dated just yet.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"] Are you kidding? Have you ever played MGS4??? Some of the locales are the most beautiful game set pieces ever created. For example Shadow Moses Island. And let's not forget MGS4 was also king in the animation and character models too.washd123

the actual graphics are pretty bad. being beautiful has nothing to do with graphics.

graphics are the strict tech. meaning texture resolution,shadows,draw distance, partical effects, in the case of the consoles AA and resolution of the game.

and if you truely have played MGS4 youll know what im talking about graphically it fails. its not my opinion its a technical fact between its low res last gen textures to its static lighting and poor shadows the game can never be called a graphics king.

now if were talking visuals thats different. but then again its all based on opinion what looks good to me might not look good to you so there really is no 'best' there.

Oh ok last gen textures. Do I need to post some Gears 2 pics??? Lol you have no idea what your talking about.
fireballonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fireballonfire

I know, I know :cry: itcan be sohard to face the truth sometimes. Especially after all the lies Sony shoved down your throats. It's not your fault that you were expecting 1080P with 120FPS and 4D graphics. The PS3 was a rush-job, the cell not really meant tohandle game-code andapplications was replaced the last second for an outdated 7900 card.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="kunal1092000"]

Are you asking me?

kunal1092000

Yes I am, I'm assuming you have seen some since you are saying they are lookinged just yet. I'm smore and more dated.

I'm not saying 360's graphics are outdated just yet. I'm saying down the road (as in in the upcoming months) the 360's graphics will look more dated. Notice I didn't say 360's graphics are dated just yet.

Well lets wait till these games are released before making any judgements.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 washd123

Oh ok last gen textures. Do I need to post some Gears 2 pics??? Lol you have no idea what your talking about. Blazerdt47

you can post some MGS4 pictures in game.

love how you dont deny it yet attack another game. really helping the case there considering i never called gears 2 a graphics king either

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"] Are you kidding? Have you ever played MGS4??? Some of the locales are the most beautiful game set pieces ever created. For example Shadow Moses Island. And let's not forget MGS4 was also king in the animation and character models too.Blazerdt47

Oh ok last gen textures. Do I need to post some Gears 2 pics??? Lol you have no idea what your talking about.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Blazerdt47

Gears 2 looks like a PS2 game compared to MGS4.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Blazerdt47

Ok fair enough I see you didn't say anything about Gears 2...BUT it is the 360's best looking game so that's what I compare it too.

fireballonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fireballonfire

I say you now and I really mean it. If you know anything about hardware you should know that there is NO WAY that you can replace a GPUwith a CPU absolutelyno way. In ten years maybe we will have CPUs with the power to render images as well as todays top of the line GPUs, and I say maybe.