ID@XboxDevs - New Info and list

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/441277/microsoft-names-30-indie-developers-set-to-self-publish-on-xbox-one/

Announced at Gamescom earlier this year, ID@Xbox will allow independent developers to self-publish on Xbox One without fees. And in 2014, registered developers will be able to access Unity game development tools free of charge.

Speaking via the Xbox Wire blog, Microsoft's ID@Xbox director Chris Charla said the program is designed to bring developers of all sizes to its platform.

"We've shipped dev kits to more than 50 studios and, as we said at Gamescom, this first wave of developers is just the start," he wrote.

"We want to make Xbox One a great platform for developers of all scales and sizes for years to come. We've been amazed at the response from developers to ID@Xbox, and we really appreciate their patience as we ramp up the programme."

Charla called the initial member list below "far from comprehensive" and said that Xbox One owners should expect the first ID@Xbox titles in "early" 2014.

"It's just a first selection of the hugely diverse complement of developers who are working on bringing games to Xbox One via ID@Xbox beginning early next year," he said.

ID@Xbox Developer List

• Behaviour (Naughty Bear)
  • Bongfish (Motorcross Madness)
  • Born Ready (Strike Suit Zero)
  • Capy (Below)
  • Comcept (Mighty No. 9)
  • Crytek (Ryse: Son of Rome)
  • Definition 6 (Spy Party)
  • Double Eleven (LittleBigPlanet Vita)
  • Double Fine (The Cave)
  • Drinkbox (Guacamelee)
  • Gaijin Games (Bit. Trip)
  • Half-Brick (Jetpack Joyride)
  • Happion Labs (Sixty Second Shooter)
  • Hidden Path (Defense Grid)
  • High Voltage Software (The Conduit)
  • Inis (Lips, Elite Beat Agents)
  • Iron Galaxy (Divekick)
  • Jackbox Games (You Don't Know Jack)
  • Nicalis (VVVVVV)
  • NinjaBee (Outpost Kaloki)
  • Other Ocean (Duty Calls)
  • Panic Button
  • Signal Studios (Toy Soldiers)
  • Slightly Mad Studios (Project CARS)
  • Team 17 (Worms)
  • Team Colorblind
  • The Men Who Wear Many Hats (Max Gentlemen)
  • The Odd Gentlemen (Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom)
  • Vlambeer (Super Crate Box)
  • Way Forward (Silent Hill: Book of Memories)
  • Zeboyd Games
  • Zen Studios (Zen Pinball)
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I thought indies wern't wanted on the platform?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shawn30

@Heil68 said:

Lol, tell that to my 25 hours of State of Decay on the 360. Some people have this or that to say but a game is a game. I don't care what it comes from.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Since when the **** were Crytek indie?

Still, the Xbone needs some games so this should go some way to fixing that. Xdrones are going to suddenly start singing the praises of their indie developers now. How lovely of them.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

Lol, tell that to my 25 hours of State of Decay on the 360. Some people have this or that to say but a game is a game. I don't care what it comes from.

According to your brethren, they are lesser, undesirable games. At least that's what they said when Sony said they were focusing on them. lol@indies was the catch phrase I think. *shrug*

I'm with you though. If I had to guess, some of these developers will be making their game for multiple platforms. Guess we'll see.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shawn30

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

According to your brethren, they are lesser, undesirable games. At least that's what they said when Sony said they were focusing on them. lol@indies was the catch phrase I think. *shrug*

I'm with you though. If I had to guess, some of these developers will be making their game for multiple platforms. Guess we'll see.

Oh yeah multiplat all the way unless someone stumbles upon a Minecraft like thing.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

UPDATE:Microsoft has ditched its platform exclusivity requirement for Xbox One.

Microsoft required exclusivity, timed exclusivity or at the very least launch date parity for Xbox 360 games - but it has confirmed it is willing to work with developers on a case-by-case for games that have already released on other platforms when it comes to Xbox One.

"We do not require exclusivity agreements. However, we do ask for day one parity with other console game platforms," a Microsoft spokesperson told SavyGamer.

"In instances where games have signed a timed exclusive with another platform, we'll work with them on a case by case basis."

The question was raised today after Microsoft announced the list of developers approved for self-publishing on Xbox One as part of the ID@Xbox program. On the list are developers working on games for Xbox One that have already released on PlayStation, including Iron Galaxy's Divekick.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-04-microsoft-reveals-loads-of-indie-devs-signed-up-with-id-xbox

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Hopefully more indie games make there way to both platforms, because no one really gains from console exclusivity... especially a small time indie dev.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

@Heil68 said:

That was never said. Gamers were wondering why Sony was only showing Indie games for the PS4 at the E3. Indie games compliment big named popular games, not the other way around. The XBox 360 has one of the largest Indie game library on any game console. Microsoft plans on continuing this tradition on the XB1.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Sweenix said:

Hopefully more indie games make there way to both platforms, because no one really gains from console exclusivity... especially a small time indie dev.

Lol, tell that to the cows with Journey

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Heil68

@XanderZane said:

@Heil68 said:

That was never said. Gamers were wondering why Sony was only showing Indie games for the PS4 at the E3. Indie games compliment big named popular games, not the other way around. The XBox 360 has one of the largest Indie game library on any game console. Microsoft plans on continuing this tradition on the XB1.

Good thing Sony has AAA developers to compliment its indies then.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@XanderZane said:

@Heil68 said:

why are you acting defensive?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68

@lawlessx said:

@Heil68 said:

@XanderZane said:

@Heil68 said:

why are you acting defensive?

I'm not. Just finding it ironic that now indies are the in thing once again...once they are on your desired platform.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Beefkebob
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

"So wait, what they are saying is that in the future, if I wanted to launch first on PS4 (or Wii U for that matter) for any reason (Sony pubfund, simply limited resources, etc.) then I would not be able to release on Xbox at a later date?"

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

This is correct...............to a degree. You see the self titled "most powerful system in the universe" Wasnt showing any first party, 3rd party games at the trade shows. Then Gamescom came and Sony was dancing about indies.........................like they were a treat or something. They had nothing else to show so cows came on here and started hyping indies like a Golden Unicorn that crapped gold.

The X1 has games and it has a great indie program..............it is just adding to the already great 2014 that is ahead.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Cool stuff. Should make for a good change of pace but I'm looking forward to the likes of Titanfall, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, etc much more.So the xbox one has the better launch lineup and more exclusive retail title and will now be offering a very compelling indie market to go along with it. What is the ps4 doing exactly? Oh higher resolution.. for the time being (not that it makes much a difference compared to the upscaled versions currently)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

And the "your flip flopping" continues. Cows say lems are now for liking indie games on X1 but I remember cows blasting Live arcade when PSN had kaka. SW as usual

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68

@FoxbatAlpha:

No doubt the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games. But yeah, keep wishing Sony wont deliver the 1st party. :)

Those record breaking sales will be good for business. :)

Awwww yeahhhhhhh

Add me to live anyways brah, I got the Xbone and the only appealing game to me DR3 and maybe we can coop.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Sweenix said:

At first your statement sounds true.

However, the more you think about it, the more exclusives DO actually matter and I'll tell you why.

Without exclusives, there would be no point in having multiple console options. You WANT to have multiple consoles fighting for your business because competition is healthy for the industry and keeps the console manufacturers from resting on their laurels/getting too arrogant (a big complaint people had with Sony during the early years of the PS3, which they seem to have largely corrected with PS4).

So in a sense, the gamer DOES gain from the existence of big name exclusives.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

No doubt the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games. But yeah, keep wishing Sony wont deliver the 1st party. :)

Awwww yeahhhhhhh

Add me to live anyways brah, I got the Xbone and the only appealing game to me DR3 and maybe we can coop.

Im not wishing sony wont deliv on the 1st party, I just was saying that during the Shows, there was nothing except indies.

I'll add you but you gotta get Forza! The rivals mode is addicting as hell!!!!

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I thought lems hated indies?

And that indie devs should remain on pc and never touch consoles with their trash? That right lems?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Then Gamescom came and Sony was dancing about indies.........................like they were a treat or something. They had nothing else to show so cows came on here and started hyping indies like a Golden Unicorn that crapped gold.

They showed off loads of non-indie stuff, Xdrone.

The X1 has games

lmao

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GrenadeLauncher
@_Matt_ said:

I thought lems hated indies?

And that indie devs should remain on pc and never touch consoles with their trash? That right lems?

Lem scum don't like their console, they just hate yours.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@_Matt_: always been the other way around dude.. cows always touted xbla/psn games "as undesired games" maybe cuz 360 had more/better i dont know and they didnt count.. but when journey etc and ps4 had lots of indies too support it, then it was "the ownage" all the sudden. 360 iirc had the biggest support from indies *speaking of the consoles*.. and x1 will surely continue this tread.. same for ps4, lems used it time to time as ownage but didnt count but now it does and opposite as you say? Wuut double standard by cows .. many threads about this..

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inggrish

@Strutten said:

@_Matt_: always been the other way around dude.. cows always touted xbla/psn games "as undesired games" maybe cuz 360 had more/better i dont know and they didnt count.. but when journey etc and ps4 had lots of indies too support it, then it was "the ownage" all the sudden. 360 iirc had the biggest support from indies *speaking of the consoles*.. and x1 will surely continue this tread.. same for ps4, lems used it time to time as ownage but didnt count but now it does and opposite as you say? Wuut double standard by cows .. many threads about this..

It was yes, both sides have flipped. Cows used to hate indies before the PS4, they never counted for anything according to the cows.

Ever since PS4 reveal though, lems have been going on about how indies are shit and don't count. I really cannot be bothered to dig up old threads, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find threads where evo_nine, RROD360, Mems, etc. were saying how shite indie games are. Heck, even as recent as KingofLife9.

It sucks that one faction or other never does give indie devs enough credit, as they are currently the ones bringing the fresh and new ideas to the industry.

Haha, also that's laughable, are you calling me a cow?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I don't think anyone hates indie games period. Indie developers are the future of the business and thus will be more and more indie games and developers. I mean all these games companies started out as indie before they became big, Naughty dog, Rockstar etc... I think the issue gamers had is Sony touted mostly indie games at E3 and all of last year and people wanted to hear and see more of the big games and MS was showing off big games but not saying anything about indie games and developers. Us gamers are getting the best of both worlds now from both companies cause sony showing off big games now with Infamous, Uncharted & The Order while MS is now opening up the doors and the flood gates for indies is now really coming so gamers benefit big time.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Strutten

@_Matt_: recent when lems used xbla for different it didnt count.. anyway no i said "cows" and their double standards.. it only "works" when in their favor.. lems have always used xbla indies and so on.. but sure lems have also said it, but only cuz cows touted it so, "again from my experience oast many threads" but now again it does wuut ? Talk about double standards ?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 inggrish

@Strutten said:

@_Matt_: recent when lems used xbla for different it didnt count.. anyway no i said "cows" and their double standards.. it only "works" when in their favor.. lems have always used xbla indies and so on.. but sure lems have also said it, but only cuz cows touted it so, "again from my experience oast many threads" but now again it does wuut ? Talk about double standards ?

Maybe I'm just tired, but I didn't fully comprehend what you just said there, sir.

Either way though, as an indie dev myself, it saddens me when a lot of people do just prejudge indie games without even trying them, just because they don't have big budgets.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Strutten

@_Matt_: np mate, yea couldnt have said it better myself, also thumbs up ! :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Awwww yeahhhhhhh

Im not wishing sony wont deliv on the 1st party, I just was saying that during the Shows, there was nothing except indies.

I'll add you but you gotta get Forza! The rivals mode is addicting as hell!!!!

So The Order is an indie game now? Thaks for the tip!

As far as Forza, the lack of content is concerning, but maybe I'll get it. I'm only playing exclusives on the console.