I wish Halo Reach and GT 5 would release on the same day to confirm sales King

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

I think GT5 has a better chance of having better sales on the long term, piracy is bigger on the x360 this time, GT5 is the first installment of the series to hit the PS3 with major improvements over the previous GT.

Reach will be massive, i dun need to mention that anyway.

On topic: Sales king is a very silly term.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

There is a big difference between these two games. And I don't think Halo Reach will be a big system seller like GT5 will, though Halo Reach will probably sell more, at least over a short period. Most people that buy Halo Reach allready owns an X360, while a big number of the GT5 buyers have'nt bought a PS3 yet.

Martin_G_N
Should they make a GT5 Bundle...
VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

[QUOTE="VladJasonDrac"]

[QUOTE="SkaRy_RuLeZ"]

Because being a paid demo certainly didn't hinder GT5 Prologue's sales?

No GT game ever sold less than 10 million copies.

No Halo game ever sold more than 10 million copies.

GT gamer's aren't better than Halo gamers, just... well, yes they are better.

Kashiwaba

I have both consoles and won't be getting either game.

Oh and I have numbers too! but mine aren't baised or fanboyish.

No GT game was ever released on a platform with less than 102 million consoles sold. I sure hope with that much of an install base they could sell 10 million copies of even crappy games.

Let's use history, percentages and statistics shall we?

Doing this we can estimate that GT5 will sell around 4 million copies, about 10% of the PS3s install base.

Halo Reach will sell around 8 million copies, about 25% of the 360s install base.

This is what history shows and of course my estimates could be off by a few million here and there but I don't see a point in you comparing a game like GT4 that has been out for 5 years with 120 million consoles and sold 10+mil copies to Halo 3 that is just coming up on it's 2nd year with 40mil consoles and 10mil copies.

All you really ended up doing is making the GT franchise not seem as popular when only 10% of console owners are buying the games.

Do you like apples? If so, how do you like those apples? Boo-Ya!

Then why MGS4 outsold all the PS2 MGSs and GOW3 outsold all the PS2 GOWs == its simple PS3 is nearly piracy free while PS2 games used to be pirated like hell.

360 games are pirated like hell but multiplats usually sell a lot more on the 360 than on the PS3 and they have nearly the same install base. i'm not buying the piracy argument. sorry. your statement would assume the other 80+ million PS1 and PS2 owners just play pirated games which we all know isnt the case.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#105 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="VladJasonDrac"]

I have both consoles and won't be getting either game.

Oh and I have numbers too! but mine aren't baised or fanboyish.

No GT game was ever released on a platform with less than 102 million consoles sold. I sure hope with that much of an install base they could sell 10 million copies of even crappy games.

Let's use history, percentages and statistics shall we?

Doing this we can estimate that GT5 will sell around 4 million copies, about 10% of the PS3s install base.

Halo Reach will sell around 8 million copies, about 25% of the 360s install base.

This is what history shows and of course my estimates could be off by a few million here and there but I don't see a point in you comparing a game like GT4 that has been out for 5 years with 120 million consoles and sold 10+mil copies to Halo 3 that is just coming up on it's 2nd year with 40mil consoles and 10mil copies.

All you really ended up doing is making the GT franchise not seem as popular when only 10% of console owners are buying the games.

Do you like apples? If so, how do you like those apples? Boo-Ya!

VladJasonDrac

Then why MGS4 outsold all the PS2 MGSs and GOW3 outsold all the PS2 GOWs == its simple PS3 is nearly piracy free while PS2 games used to be pirated like hell.

360 games are pirated like hell but multiplats usually sell a lot more on the 360 than on the PS3 and they have nearly the same install base. i'm not buying the piracy argument. sorry. your statement would assume the other 80+ million PS1 and PS2 owners just play pirated games which we all know isnt the case.

PS3 isnt "nearly piracy free" ps3 is 100% piracy free.
VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

[QUOTE="VladJasonDrac"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

lightleggy

for games anyway. blu ray movies, not so much.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#107 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="VladJasonDrac"]

VladJasonDrac

for games anyway. blu ray movies, not so much.

yeah...its a gaming console...anything else wont be considered as somehting that can turn it into a "99% free of piracy"