I may have to end up quitting gaming and sell my Wii ...

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I'm 29 with a career that keeps me REALLY busy and I'm married. I think I may end up selling my Wii cause I never seem to get to play any of my games. I already sold my PS2 and XBOX earlier this year. I was planning on keeping my Wii, but it seems like I am wasting the money by not getting to play it much. Anyone else have this problem? Guess I am getting old. :P
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Nah, you just need to schedule some you time.
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
no dont sell the wii, but get a ps3 to have a bluray and games you cant miss like MGS4 and FFXIII
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JDW_games
Why would I buy a PS3 when I don't even have the time I want for the Wii?
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

Depends if you have any other hobbies. You know, if gaming is your only hobby, you really should have time for it at least a bit. Even with a busy career and while married.

If it isn't your only hobby, then yeah, I could see that happening. I don't really expect myself to have time for gaming when I'm around the 30's (if married). But I'm still 19 so that will (luckily) take some time :P

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Sell it. You should have kept your PS2 and Xbox, though.
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
Why would I buy a PS3 when I don't even have the time I want for the Wii? JDW_games

i suppose if you wanted a bluray player. gues not.
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts

yea you should quit gaming after making the choice to get a wii instead of the xbox 360.

you wont quit gaming once you touch the 360.

tree-branch

just decided i really don't like you.

Hey man whatever, remember family and work is your number one priority. If you can't find a relax period to game then get rid of it i say.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Just keep it. Nothing preventing you from picking it up at random times and playing an hour or two every week.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
the wii is just there for some fun every now and then... id keep it.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArisShadows

Like I said, even with a tight schedule, everyone should have a little me-time, whether hobby is gaming or not. I mean you just bought it, at the moment, selling it would be a waste. I say keep it, make some time for it, perhaps weekends, a hour is all you need and just do short gaming periods. We all need some time for enjoyment.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArisShadows

yea you should quit gaming after making the choice to get a wii instead of the xbox 360.

tree-branch

Wow, you people need to get your bash in in every Wii-related thread, don't you?

You should quit gaming being to so-closed mind and arrogant.

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

Immortal_Evil

Hey man whatever, remember family and work is your number one priority. If you can't find a relax period to game then get rid of it i say.

that was uncalled for.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TrueReligion_
I take my comment back. If you really like the Wii, then you should keep it. Even though you don't have time to play it, you don't want to miss out on some sweet games. Besides, you have vacations and days off, don't you?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="Immortal_Evil"][QUOTE="tree-branch"]

tree-branch

that was uncalled for.

Actually, your originalpost was more so uncalled for and unneeded.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

ArisShadows

Wow, you people need to get your bash in in every Wii-related thread, don't you?

You should quit gaming being to so-closed mind and arrogant.

tree-branch just seems like the only thing he is out for is to diss everything wii-related.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TrueReligion_
^^^Aris, you are a cool dude, don't mess with the fakeboy; he just want's attention. Ignoring him is the way to go.
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tree-branch
[QUOTE="tree-branch"][QUOTE="Immortal_Evil"][QUOTE="tree-branch"]

ArisShadows

that was uncalled for.

how?

all i said was it was a mistake getting a wii.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArisShadows

^^^Aris, you are a cool dude, don't mess with the fakeboy; he just want's attention. Ignoring him is the way to go. TrueReligion_

Ya, I know I really should.. And thanks for the compliment.

whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
You started a thread last week about how much you and your wife have gotten into gaming because of Wii. Now, you don't have time to play it? How could that be?
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="tree-branch"][QUOTE="Immortal_Evil"][QUOTE="tree-branch"]

tree-branch

that was uncalled for.

how?

if the post doesn't have microsoft or xbox in it you just jump down their throats. you have to bring it to subject every time!
gnarlychar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gnarlychar
Member since 2004 • 3838 Posts
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="tree-branch"][QUOTE="Immortal_Evil"][QUOTE="tree-branch"]

tree-branch

that was uncalled for.

how?

Which is the problem. Butt out of the thread if you have nothing good to say.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

how?

Immortal_Evil

if the post doesn't have microsoft or xbox in it you just jump down their throats. you have to bring it to subject every time!

And if the subject doesn't have wii in it, you have to somehow find a way to drag it in and bash it.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ArisShadows
I do apologize, JDW, I didn't mean to turn your thread into a bicker-fest.
GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
TC unless your working all day everyday, and any spare time you MIGHT have is devoted to your wife, I'd say keep it. Because they're really aren't any games out at the moment, but once some of the big titles start rolling in, you might regret selling it. And there's really no harm in keeping it! Pick it up on weekends, holiday's, weekends! On the other hand, if gaming isn't your hobby anymore...well maybe you can sell it off, and treat your wife to something nice. But my advice: Keep it if you still think of gaming is a hobby, and something fun to do.
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tree-branch

TC unless your working all day everyday, and any spare time you MIGHT have is devoted to your wife, I'd say keep it. Because they're really aren't any games out at the moment, but once some of the big titles start rolling in, you might regret selling it. And there's really no harm in keeping it! Pick it up on weekends, holiday's, weekends! On the other hand, if gaming isn't your hobby anymore...well maybe you can sell it off, and treat your wife to something nice. But my advice: Keep it if you still think of gaming is a hobby, and something fun to do.GanonBuRAP

he wont regrett it since it has nothing special.

soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts

Ah, once again marriage shows itself to possess more cons than positive aspects.

whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts

Ah, once again marriage shows itself to possess more cons than positive aspects.

soulsofblayck

These positive aspects you speak of....they are?

soulsofblayck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soulsofblayck
Member since 2006 • 1591 Posts
[QUOTE="soulsofblayck"]

whoisryanmack

These positive aspects you speak of....they are?

Positive is that if you're lazy like me and don't want to really work in the future, you find a wife who is rich as hell and leech off of her. That will be the only way I will marry, if I get to that point of laziness which is very possible. Btw, i'm 22 not a 12 year old saying stupid things so I'm serious.

noorur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 noorur
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Imma quit gaming soon too, coz its ruining my education.
Avatar image for XitachiXUchihaX
XitachiXUchihaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XitachiXUchihaX
Member since 2003 • 311 Posts

It's really not all that hard, I have'nt been gaming for about 3 months now and I don't crave it at all, yet I still follow up on gaming news... strange.

So yes you should probably quit, I had nothing to do and still quit, while you have a legit reason.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Honestly, for me, if my job means I can't have some time for myslef, I would quit the job, regardless of my hobbies.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I say sell it and pick up a PSP or DS, that way you can still squeeze some gaming in, and most of the games are designed to be able to play them for short periods of time.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

no dont sell the wii, but get a ps3 to have a bluray and games you cant miss like MGS4 and FFXIIIspringz300

Why would he buy a platform with awesome epic games if he can't find time to play minigames?

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

I'm 29 with a career that keeps me REALLY busy and I'm married. I think I may end up selling my Wii cause I never seem to get to play any of my games. I already sold my PS2 and XBOX earlier this year. I was planning on keeping my Wii, but it seems like I am wasting the money by not getting to play it much. Anyone else have this problem? Guess I am getting old. :PJDW_games

I'm also 29, married, with a 4 year old daughter, and work two jobs, so I don't get the time to play as much as I'd like to either. Thankfully my wife is great and understands that gaming is one of the few things i have as a hobby so i still get time to play. also, i throw in racing games from time to time and let me daughter play with me (i actually got a herbie themed vw beetle from the auction house in FM2 because my daughter loves herbie....of course I then suped it up and now it's a U999 with an acceleration of 10.0-the thing beats ferraris of the line, but has a bad top speed).

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Eddie5vs1

I say sell it and pick up a PSP or DS, that way you can still squeeze some gaming in, and most of the games are designed to be able to play them for short periods of time.PBSnipes

this is a great idea...if you like your Wii, i'd defenitely go with the DS, but if you miss your ps2/xbox then pick up a psp.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Eddie5vs1

I say sell it and pick up a PSP or DS, that way you can still squeeze some gaming in, and most of the games are designed to be able to play them for short periods of time.PBSnipes

this is a great idea...if you like your Wii, i'd defenitely go with the DS, but if you miss your ps2/xbox then pick up a psp.

7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts

Well, once you have kids.. say goodbye to ALL your free time. Atleast you can watch your kids play!

Dyrti_Byrd_2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dyrti_Byrd_2k2
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

I'm pretty satisfied with how much gaming I get in during the week.

I'm 27 with 3 kids (started early!)... Luckily my 2 eldest are 10 and 8 1/2, so I get to enjoy the Wii with them pretty much whenever I'd like to. My XBL buddies are also ex co-workers with lives and kids of their own. It's usually not a problem to get some XBL time in on Friday nights. We usually get on GeOW for a good 6 - 7 hours while the house is asleep. That's more than enough for my online gaming fix. I'm usually able to squeeze in an hour or so a day to play Forza 2 maybe 2-3 times a week... but if I don't, it doesn't bother me.

The whole family enjoys the Wii.

Both the kids and I enjoy playing Guitar Hero II on the X360. (the wife can't get into it, don't know why)

My son and I are currently campaigning through Marvel: UA on the PS3 (other than that, I'm still in the "waiting" game for PS3 titles)

Just don't blow a lot of cash on games. Buy the games you know will get a lot of play and you won't feel like you're wasting money. You already have the Wii, so you might as well keep it. It's also a great "party" console for when you have visitors over that are not necessarily gamers.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Try to get your family interested in things like the Everybody Votes channel, Wario Ware, Wii-Sports, and Brain Age. If all goes well, they'll be encouraging you to play. Isn't that the whole idea behind the Wii?
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

no dont sell the wii, but get a ps3 to have a bluray and games you cant miss like MGS4 and FFXIIIspringz300

That solves absolutely nothing.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i'd say keep it, but try to manage your time more if u wanna play more Wii, but i know its hard :P
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
No, I dont understand why people want to sell their systems unless they are really desperate for money. If you are not committed, you shouldnt buy a system in the first place.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JDW_games
[QUOTE="tree-branch"]

Immortal_Evil

Thanks man. I appreciate your respect. I suppose for now I'll keep the Wii cause my wife seems to want me to keep it. Just really stinks not being able to game like I want to.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts
Well I plan on quitting getting anymore consoles.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
You have a career yet you sell your consoles. Is this career paying lower than minimum wage or something?
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
I understand... but what does this have to do with SW?
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JDW_games
You have a career yet you sell your consoles. Is this career paying lower than minimum wage or something?NobuoMusicMaker
You have a lot of nerve. I'm a prison officer. You do that job 50 + hours a week with all of the stress and see how much free time you have. I'm keeping my system anyway. Right now my main hobby is and always has been music, and sports, but I'm gonna try to free up time to game cause it relieves stress.