I know Many people have the wii.(Here's the question)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts

Who here has actually bought the wii to play wii games alone ?Also who has bought it just play it with family and friends?

Also what's the experience you have when you play with friends and when you play alone?

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts

Who here has actually bought the wii to play wii games alone ?Also who has bought it just play it with family and friends?

Also what's the experience you have when you play with friends and when you play alone?

Unforgiven2870

I bought it to play games both alone and with others.  The experience is fun either way.
Shinno441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Shinno441
Member since 2007 • 2792 Posts

Unforgiven2870

I bought a Wii for pretty much both and right now im still loving it. Me and my family don't playtogether often but when we do it's really fun. As for playing alone, I don't have much time on my hands but i get about 6 hours + a dayalone on my Wii.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

Got it for both.
For the solo games, stuff like Super Paper Mario, Sonic, Trauma Center, Red Steel (which I liked, BTW), and especially Zelda, and for the friends and family stuff like Rayman, Wii Sports, and Mario Party 8.

And so far, it's all good. A few dry spots, which I expectedfor a new system, but all-in-all a great buy for me.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Trauma Centre
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Zelda (duh)

And those're the games I have :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I mainly play alone,but I bought the Wii for both single and multiplayer.Most consoles have both these days.:wink:
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I bought my Wii for the same reasons I bought every other console I own.
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

Both...I didn't buy it to play Wii games by myself, and I didn't buy it to play Gamecube games with my friends. :?

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

gaming is always better with friends. But i can enjoy a game on my own. zelda and red steel i played solo. some other games with friends and family. i think we all play alone sometimes and with friends sometimes...

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Both. I generally think it's more fun to play with other people though, but I would say that about any game system.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
I cant see myself waving the controller alone after a long day at work at 2am...
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I got it for both too. I definitely enjoy playing with friends and family, but there are plenty of games I can play by myself that are great.
Treal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Treal_basic
Member since 2002 • 561 Posts
all of the above.... with metroid, zelda, mario games coming out i knew that id have solid games to play alone. i got mine at launch. i dont think anyone anticipated the large amount of games that have/will be made that are minigame collections. however, when games like brawl, and hopefully mario kart and tennis comes out, i knew that i could play with my peeps. i've loved those games since i was in college. anything that third parties throw our way is bonus, imo.
Treal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treal_basic
Member since 2002 • 561 Posts

I cant see myself waving the controller alone after a long day at work at 2am...Carmilla31

its actually fun and a stress relief... besides, the games really dont require the exaggerated motions that are shown in the advetisements. its actually more comfortable, imo, because i can lay down and play and not have to have my hands close together.

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

Unforgiven2870

For the most part I wanted to play Mario galaxy and games like that but multiplayer is where most of the fun seems to be at for the time being. Its a grea tsystem to play with people that dont know how to play consoles but it does leave the regular gamer like myself wanting more concret titles with more content.

Kestastrophe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kestastrophe
Member since 2005 • 4354 Posts
I bought the Wii to play mostly with my fiance. However, I have had a blast playing through Super Paper Mario by myself.
Mfals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mfals
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

I want to buy one... many times too.

BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ONE!!! Do you know where are all the Wii's?

Are you hiding them? Give them to me. :x

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
At first i bought it to play alone - but now my family plays it occasionally, and they ask me what game(s) im playing when they come into my room, and watch me play.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I'm going to buy the Wii so I can enjoy games with my kids. Right now the available games for the Xbox 360 and PS3 don't match up for the under 10 demographic.
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
At first i bought it to play alone - but now my family plays it occasionally, and they ask me what game(s) im playing when they come into my room, and watch me play.Haziqonfire
I mean i don't have one as of yet.I bought a ds a month agao now i feel like mabey i should've just bought the wii.Because now im bored with my DS i dunno me and hand helds never really mixed well together probably the same reason i don't have a psp.I probably won't mind getting one though along with the nes like controller yes im a bit old school.That nunchuck thing just dosen't feel right.
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
I bought it primarily for splitscreen/offline multiplayer and have not been dissapointed in that regard (Wii Sports, Monkey Ball, Madden, and even Red Steel were fun for multiplayer). However, I was still hoping for some good single player/online games and so far the only one I've played in either category is Zelda
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]At first i bought it to play alone - but now my family plays it occasionally, and they ask me what game(s) im playing when they come into my room, and watch me play.Unforgiven2870
I mean i don't have one as of yet.I bought a ds a month agao now i feel like mabey i should've just bought the wii.Because now im bored with my DS i dunno me and hand helds never really mixed well together probably the same reason i don't have a psp.I probably won't mind getting one though along with the nes like controller yes im a bit old school.That nunchuck thing just dosen't feel right.

lol yeah i bought a DS before the Wii - however, i dont play my DS much anymore - im not a big handheld fan as i used to be.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

I bought it to play games both alone and with others. The experience is fun either way.Svarthek

Same here.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts

Both, really. Amazingly, gamers have social lives too :o

Games like WarioWare and MP3 show huge posibilities for the Wii in the future, and Wii Sports is always a huge hit for guests. It seems stupid NOT to buy one. Game droughts aside, it's been rather popular with me.