i know how microsoft can make the xbox one number 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

Microsoft drops gold and makes online free for everyone,

only then would ps4 lose some appeal,

and Microsoft would only slightly appear more gamer orientated.

hell I bet some wouldn't even complain about having the Kinect if online was free.

if Microsoft said that tomorrow,

the xbox one would fly off shelves,

never to be seen for 6 months...

of course there would have to be a refund/rewards plan in place,

but it would work

#2 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

Except Sony did this with the ps3, and that had no bearing on how the console sold.

#3 Edited by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

its still weaker tho...

and power is everything.

#4 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

The xbox one will never outsell the PS4. This will help, but it won't work, and your assuming sony won't counter attack.

#5 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@Cheleman: While I support the ps4 over the Xbox One, I hope you're joking. Games are everything. Power is nothing without quality games. The console with the best games will be the most worthwhile to own.

#6 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

its still weaker tho...

and power is everything.

ps1 was weaker than n64.

I don't wanna pull numbers,

but they whooped Nintendo that gen

#7 Posted by silversix_ (14042 posts) -

MS making something free? ROFL

#8 Edited by blamix99 (1668 posts) -

there is no hope for the X1.

#9 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13981 posts) -

If Xbox One suddenly had these amazing first party titles, maybe.

#10 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet: As an owner of both ps4 and Xbox One, I do have to say Dead Rising 3 is quite the good time. The first party content has the potential to be there. Microsoft owns a huge library of IP, it all depends on if they're going to use it.

#11 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4007 posts) -

Me too!

Sack the entire management, drop Kinect and the price to $99.

Where's my commission, Microsoft???

#12 Posted by Evo_nine (1628 posts) -

They dont need to win, they need to be profitable. And the x1 will be.

#13 Posted by Snugenz (11812 posts) -

Except Sony did this with the ps3, and that had no bearing on how the console sold.

It had a ton to do with how the console sold actually, once the PS3 actually got some games the free online was a clear advantage.

#14 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

It had a ton to do with how the console sold actually, once the PS3 actually got some games the free online was a clear advantage.

and if Microsoft did it,

lemmings would take a kinect 2.0 sized shit

#15 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

and if Microsoft did it,

To be honest, I don't think gamers are actually that concerned about money. I mean, a bunch of people on these boards just paid 60$ for a Tomb Raider port they can buy for 15 bucks, and subsequently bickered about it since it came out... Probably because they realized they just paid 60$ for a game they played a year ago and didn't actually want to finish it again...

That being said, I don't think paid online is something that affects too many people. I think Microsoft's best shot at offering a compelling console is showing they have enough games you can't get anywhere else. Spinning a broken record -- Rare has way too many forgotten franchises. They're not equipped to do much with them in their current form, but find someone else who can make platformers, or hell, a Perfect Dark or Jet Force reboot/sequel. They've got a bunch of great IP they're not using.. They should start.

#16 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@killatwill15 said:

@Snugenz said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

and if Microsoft did it,

To be honest, I don't think gamers are actually that concerned about money. I mean, a bunch of people on these boards just paid 60$ for a Tomb Raider port they can buy for 15 bucks, and subsequently bickered about it since it came out... Probably because they realized they just paid 60$ for a game they played a year ago and didn't actually want to finish it again...

That being said, I don't think paid online is something that affects too many people. I think Microsoft's best shot at offering a compelling console is showing they have enough games you can't get anywhere else. Spinning a broken record -- Rare has way too many forgotten franchises. They're not equipped to do much with them in their current form, but find someone else who can make platformers, or hell, a Perfect Dark or Jet Force reboot/sequel. They've got a bunch of great IP they're not using.. They should start.

actually microsoft cancelled all of rares projects

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707691

perfect dark core looked to be like titanfall and mirrors edge before both existed,

and saberman stampedes cancellation brings tears to my eyes

EDIT: shoot someone deleted the evidence, I will leave the link as reference,

but here is another one

http://www.vgleaks.com/rare-cancelled-projects/

#17 Posted by tdkmillsy (1274 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

its still weaker tho...

and power is everything.

If power was everything, everyone would buy a PC and not one console would be sold.

The Wii sold more than Xbox 360 and PS3 and its power was a lot weaker than the difference between xbox one and PS4.

Games, Services, Online, Controller, unique features and price impact more than power.

#18 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

They can take xbox out of the name.

#19 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

@killatwill15: Yeah, there's not complete evidence of exactly what happened, but essentially at the end of the original Xbox era, Rare was still such a powerhouse that Microsoft didn't keep any tabs on what they were doing. In light of that, they just... "kind of started working" on a Conker remake that totally tanked for Microsoft, and because of that, they started overseeing what they were doing and ended with a bunch of Rare staff disbanding (most going back to Nintendo).

I think it was in that time period that they cancelled a bunch of their games, but regardless of the timeline and the narrative, Rare was never the same again after launching the 360 with Kameo and Perfect Dark. And yes, I really liked Kameo. I bought a 360 for Kameo. It looked like absolute classic Rare, and I was pumped the 360 was going to feature games like that... We've all seen Kinect Sports and know the trend didn't keep up.

The reason there's an Xbox One in my house, though, is because Killer Instinct shows there might be hope for some Rare revivals, even if (and ideally so) they're not developed by Rare.

Right now, the ps4's the console to beat, that and their amazing IP is why I own one, but Microsoft could counter their dominance by dipping into their game library and pumping out some quality software.

#20 Posted by Merex760 (4284 posts) -

Would be too much money lost. This is Microsoft.

#21 Posted by happyduds77 (1448 posts) -

And they need to acquire a studio that is as good as Naughty Dog.

#22 Edited by happyduds77 (1448 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

its still weaker tho...

and power is everything.

As of right now which system do you prefer, PS3 or PS4?

#23 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@happyduds77: Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica and Media Molecule are studios that are leagues above anything Microsoft owns. If you want to throw Turn 10 out there Sony's studio that makes MLB The Show is as good or better as a one trick pony team.

#24 Posted by sukraj (22089 posts) -

I still have total faith in Microsoft.