I cant wait till next year when Microsoft has the better console

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Im actually more interested in E3 2017. Hopefully MS shows off the console finally, and perhaps some exclusive Scorpio games. Otherwise... waiting more.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#102 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

They have the weaker console now and produced one of, if not the finest racing game I've ever played in my life. As long as they keep the good games coming, I'll be looking forward to playing them on the Scorpio.

I suggest you forget about any revenge opportunities as far as the illustrious console power struggle is concerned, it won't do you any good.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I can't wait for the hypocrts to show themselves and the arguments to flip sides.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

doesnt change the fact they it wont get any games

ps4 had the games and the graphics

ps4 pro will still have more/better exclusives

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@RR360DD said:
@trugs26 said:

Then a year later Sony will release a PS5 and the Scorpio won't have anything going for it again.

You guys are delusional if you think Sony will come out with new hardware so soon.

I know its hard to swallow, but the PS4 Pro is the best you're gonna get for the next few years.

It makes sense since PS4 Pro is not a very big jump. Whereas Scorpio is. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the PS5 announced in 2018.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9619 Posts

Who cares... it will be a short lived victory for both sides. Within a year or two of the Scorpio the PS5 will release, and a year to a couple years later the next MS console will surface. It's an endless cycle. Someone else needs to jump in the race.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56485 Posts

@cainetao11: I only play UC4 MP one time and haven't come back to it so I really don't know what's the statues now but I do know Naughty Dog release something for the MP but other then that, I didn't buy UC4 for the MP anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Lets be honest here "the better console" is a pretty low par to pass. Seeing as anyone not a blind fanboy can point out a ton of issues and problems with the consoles as they are now (Framerates so bad that it actively hurts gameplay, insanely long install and download times, paywall around something you already paid for, and piss poor service level, that you would expect at some 3rd world gas station).

That said, if anyone has been improving it is MS, so instead of trying to make the "better console" (or better multimedia entertainment centre, I will just call them MEC from now on). They should aim higher to make it a great gaming system on its own right. Not "better" but good if not great. Give me 60 fps stabile in games, and It will go a long way (hell 30 stabile would be a nice change). In truth it does not need the best graphics, and with those 6 TFs (which does not mean all that much, but still it is an indicator) the Scorpio can afford not to focus too much on graphics, because it will have little to prove. Just good games, and a good overall experience, which as I have stated before, If anyone in this gen has attempted to it IS MS.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#109  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@quadknight: basically I was mirroring what you said, so exactly. Try reading comprehension for 500 instead of just reading what you want to. I said they are pretty much on par and it boils down to personal preference.

But as usual, you ignore the main question (what games is PS4 drowning in?) and deflect to the fanboy defense when you are one of the biggest fanboys on this forum.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#110 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm going to let you in on secret....gaming is about the GAMES.

You don't play games that's the thing

So grapgics are the only thing that are left.

Serious tough..

Recore, Horizon 3 (oh oh I don't play racing games), Gears 4, Cuphead, Dead Rising 4 all recent or coming out very soon. What does PS4 have again? (Now or soon? Or the waiting game)

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#111 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@koko-goal said:

It's sad you Xbox fanboys think the Scorpio will be powerful enough to run every game in 4K.

Devs will compromise their games. So expect what you have seen in Halo 5: poor textures, poor shadowing, prebaked lighting, awful draw distance, etc..

Would love for you to post ONE person in this thread that said the Scorpio will run every game in native 4K. Speaking of Halo 5, it has awesome textures, awesome shadowing great lighting and great draw distance as well as great etc.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

@kvally said:
@koko-goal said:

It's sad you Xbox fanboys think the Scorpio will be powerful enough to run every game in 4K.

Devs will compromise their games. So expect what you have seen in Halo 5: poor textures, poor shadowing, prebaked lighting, awful draw distance, etc..

Would love for you to post ONE person in this thread that said the Scorpio will run every game in native 4K. Speaking of Halo 5, it has awesome textures, awesome shadowing great lighting and great draw distance as well as great etc.

You're fooling yourself if you think Halo 5 has awesome textures or draw distance. The game is filled with poor textures and low-res effects even on PC.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 kvally

@koko-goal: glad the rest of us didn't get your copy.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 kvally

@koko-goal said:
@kvally said:
@koko-goal said:

You're fooling yourself if you think Halo 5 has awesome textures or draw distance. The game is filled with poor textures and low-res effects even on PC.

Still waiting for at LEAST ONE person in this thread that claimed all games on Scorpio are going to be 4K native. Just to clarify, you claimed:

"It's sad you Xbox fanboys think the Scorpio will be powerful enough to run every game in 4K."

So clearly you have more than one person to cite, because you used the plural of fanboy. Us Gamespot members and gaming fans will await your proof.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

XB1 is already the better console IMO... except the small power difference.

Agreed.

Agreed x2

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Won't matter for anything other than fanboy fodder and PS4 will continue to dominate sales. I like PlayStation more because I think the exclusives are significantly more appealing. Microsoft having more power won't change anything for me.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

I'm inclined to think this is really some sort of bait as a thread. As a long time lurker (and occasional poster from by brother's account here) for over a decade, I remember when one of the jokes about PS3 fanboys was "Just wait!" That referred to a somewhat lackluster games line up, while the console still had few worthwhile games, in its early days. Now SW is saying this about a *console* itself. Not even the games.

This takes the "just wait" to a whole new level, acknowledging the power advantage that one console has over your favorite, and proclaiming that yours will be stronger next year. What's the point? I could talk about how the next Playstation is going to be even stronger or even the next MS console after Scorpio.

Consoles are going down, and with it, their fanboys are coming unhinged.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@mazuiface said:

I'm inclined to think this is really some sort of bait as a thread. As a long time lurker (and occasional poster from by brother's account here) for over a decade, I remember when one of the jokes about PS3 fanboys was "Just wait!" That referred to a somewhat lackluster games line up, while the console still had few worthwhile games, in its early days. Now SW is saying this about a *console* itself. Not even the games.

This takes the "just wait" to a whole new level, acknowledging the power advantage that one console has over your favorite, and proclaiming that yours will be stronger next year. What's the point? I could talk about how the next Playstation is going to be even stronger or even the next MS console after Scorpio.

Consoles are going down, and with it, their fanboys are coming unhinged.

Well said.

To summarize the OP:

One year and some months  from now is going to be great when I play the games I can play today in higher res without buying a PC.
One year and some months from now is going to be great when I play the games I can play today in higher res without buying a PC.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@jim1174 said:

I remember when the xbox one first came out and lots of people said they were getting a ps4 for the multi plats because it had a little bit better graphics and was a little bit more powerful. Remember all the Sony fan boys posting pictures of multi plat games and showing us how they looked better on ps4 ? Well I cant wait to do that next year.

yup... definitely "rising above" there bro

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I can wait for the XBox to have exclusives again.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Shewgenja

@sts106mat said:
@Shewgenja said:

yeah then you might be able to sneak around someone elses house in the middle of the night and try and play one

The hell? Are you STILL salty about me pointing out that flaw with the XBox because I wanted to play your sacred cow after knocking a girl out with the D? Cuz that would be HILARIOUS. For the record, it was early in the morning, too.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Shewgenja

@sts106mat said:
@Shewgenja said:
@sts106mat said:
@Shewgenja said:

yeah then you might be able to sneak around someone elses house in the middle of the night and try and play one

The hell?

just messing about the time you were staying at a friends and tried to sneak onto her XBL gold account for a game of halo or whatever it was. no weirdness intended dude.

Cuz, you kinda made me sound like a creep there. There was no sneaking involved, and she had played on my PS4 as well. Wasn't like that.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9442 Posts

lol bragging about console specs

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

More power doesn't automatically make it the better console.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

More power doesn't automatically make it the better console.

yeh "when microsoft has the more powerful console" would have been more fitting, but well system wars title on point.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Still no good games on Xbone except that yearly racing sim that no one gives a **** about.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Your life must be really boring, TC.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#131  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jim1174 said:

I remember when the xbox one first came out and lots of people said they were getting a ps4 for the multi plats because it had a little bit better graphics and was a little bit more powerful. Remember all the Sony fan boys posting pictures of multi plat games and showing us how they looked better on ps4 ? Well I cant wait to do that next year.

Well , if you want to be fair , you need to consider who started this first ... Werent Lems with original Xbox laughing over PS2 and its hardware and then with X360 about multis ?

If you were gaming back then to remember that is.

This time cows went to counterattack . Next year will be your time again. So dont worry. Scorpio will be a beast