i am a proud person who didnt buy MW2 like the rest 9 million people, are you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

[QUOTE="atarigrad"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] about the gta v, thats just a prediction, could be true, could be not. not the end of the world....well if it doesnt apply to you then it doesntplanbfreak4eva

Has FF13 taught us nothing. GTAV will not be exclusive to PS3. Think of the millions they would lose without the 360 user base.

hey its just a prediction, maybe most of the things point for it to be multiplat, but i think it will be exclusive its my beleif. i dont question u if u beleive in god, and if your answer is yes i do, i wouldnt say, buy if u look at evolution god doesnt exist, see the point here? its just a beleive and thats. if am wrong then am wrong, the world wont die

Comparing belief in God to a video games exclusivity is mind boggling. You feel attacked personally because I don't share your belief? Strange, Think of the history of faith in God. While you are comparing that faith to your belief in the future of a game. Not a plausable argument. You have every right to believe GTAV will be exclusive but it seems more of a fanboy wish than a truely factual based belief.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I'm powerful, and I held out.

Of course, a Used copy of COD6:MW2 bypasses my only reason for holding out, my dislike for ACTIVISION.

A Used copy give ACTI no monies.

SolidTy

pe owned copies ftw!!!

Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

I am taking a break from shooters(unless it is KZ 2) and picked up Creed 2 instead.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="TIE_Elite_Pilot"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] you are still the 9 people who bought a game which isnt worth the money, its the same as previous cod, and previous, all the way back to 2006....feel better that u got milked once again like almost the rest of 9 million ppl? plz tell me if u actually think mw2 is best fps till date, coz its not...lemmings will come in and say hail halo 3 or gears, cows will come in say kz2...there u go...mw2 is just another normal fps. nothing specialplanbfreak4eva

Your opinion on the game doesn't equate to fact. What you consider to be worth your money and what I consider to be worth mine, along with the 1 billion other people on the planet, can never be right about what's worth your money and what's not. Do I think CoD MW 2 is a great game? Yeah, I kind of do, and if you're curious... I never owned MW. :o Yes I have and owned CoD and CoD 2 (skipped 3 and WaW) but besides that, your feelings don't mean squat to me. I just want to iterate that your nothing special for not purchasing a game you had no interest in, you're just another side of the coin. What the lemmings who state Halo or Gears is better, or Cows who state KZ 2 or even Sheep who could procaim MP or Conduit are better shooters are nothing but the niche of opinions that amount to nothing. Cold hard fact is, you're just the same as the 100 million others out there who didn't buy this game, you saw no value in the title. It doesn't make you any different or any better, just another spec. Hope you enjoy brutal honesty. :)

whats honesty to you, is squat to me :) . u beleive its honesty, but thats your opinion, and not a fact....i didnt buy the game coz there is nothing special in it, and thats true, why do people call it modern rehash? because it is. a game that was spend less than a year on developing, how good do you think it will be? and trust me maybe mw2 is good game, but overall its an average fps, and we had loads of those this gen.... i have money to buy it, i just dont see the point to buy a game when i can buy a better fps game instead....

Once again you spew nothing more but opinions and no facts. The fact that CoD MW2 is worth it to some cannot be disputed, you cannot dispute one's view on a product they purchased. Using other people's opinions about MW 2 being called Modern Rehash is no fact. I can state you are a confused individual with no purpose in life. Does that statement become fact? :) If I get ten other friends to say it, it must be! :o It's a good game, a solid game, a game with high praise from critics and fans. You may not like the game, may no deem it worth the purchase, but you do not have any way to factually prove the game is not worth it to people out there who bought it. Prove me wrong on that statement. I'll be waiting.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
Me. There's really nothing too special about it. Well I guess I will say it finds ways to make one of the most casual online shooters of all time...
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#56 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Of course, a Used copy of COD6:MW2 bypasses my only reason for holding out, my dislike for ACTIVISION.

SolidTy

Thats what i did.. I actually had a friend at gamestop hold it for me. I hate Activision with a passion.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
I am a happy buyer.
xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Y2Jfan23

So you don't like activision yet you still want a copy of the game? Yeah makes PERFECT sense....

Yeah...it does make sense. He doesn't want to give his money to Activision, but if he can instead pay for it and not have his money go to the hell hole which is Activision then he will by it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Zaibach

pe owned copies ftw!!!

I don't know what pe means, (physical education?:lol: ) but QFT, Owned Copies FTW!:P

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#60 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

I am taking a break from shooters(unless it is KZ 2) and picked up Creed 2 instead.

Ninten007
AC2 is fantastic... Mw2 is ok, games that rock this yearl: AC2, U2, Demon Souls, Dragons AGe, Batman AA, Gow Col, Ratcht and Clank 2, Infamous, KZ2, NFS:S, NGS2
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
You couldn't pay me to buy this. I HATE CoD.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Midnightshade29

Thats what i did.. I actually had a friend at gamestop hold it for me. I hate Activision with a passion.

Props to your inner strength.:P

It was hard for me, I'm used to buying what I want, when I want it. Waiting for a used copy was hard...plus I had to make sure the used copy was pristine for my collection.:)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SolidTy

You couldn't pay me to buy this. I HATE CoD.rockguy92

*Rips up check addressed to Rockguy92*

You just lost a million dollars.:|

:lol:

pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 pattyp77
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

CoD1 was fantastic and almost original

CoD2 was even better, an improved version of the first

CoD3 was just another WW2 game in a sea of many others

CoD4:MW was ok. Different in comparison to the rest of the series (eg. Not set during WW2) but short on life and still pretty much the same game as previous versions.

CoD5 - No thanks... I'm REALLY over it.

CoD: MW2 - Represents everything I dislike about where "Gaming" is going (Or has become)... Im sure it is fun for a while. I'll rent it, but I'm really not that interested.

CoD has the world cought up in "Pokemon-syndrom"... "You just gotta shoot them all"... Each version we must have it because its just SO IN RIGHT NOW!

In summary - No I didn't buy Modern Warfare 2.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
Who would want to buy the same game year after year? Not me. One Call of Duty game is enough for me. They all play the same.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

I am a proud person who did buy the game unlike the 20 of you who didn't :D

pecanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 pecanin
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts

:arrow: Never

play one you've played them all

ammo /health/spawn die ammo

would rather play conkers:D

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SolidTy

[QUOTE="Y2Jfan23"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

xXDante666Xx

So you don't like activision yet you still want a copy of the game? Yeah makes PERFECT sense....

Yeah...it does make sense. He doesn't want to give his money to Activision, but if he can instead pay for it and not have his money go to the hell hole which is Activision then he will by it.

By Jove, Thank you kindly sir!

I wondered what else I could do to explain it, buy you have proven to be a academician and a nobleman.

------

Also, lol at Pokemon COD comparison...YOU GOTTA SHOOT THEM ALL!!! :lol:

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

NO, 9 million bought the game because its good, your poor attempt to attact attention.

KZ2 is not better than mw2, i played alot of fps and yes killzone 2 is pretty good but definetly not worth higher than a 9.0

Also ODST is 4 hour halo 3 expansion with pretty meh singleplayer and 60bucks price tag, not to mention the multiplayer there is no way its better than mw2

Watch the video and listen to what he says...

Avatar image for Jack-o-Thompson
Jack-o-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jack-o-Thompson
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
I didn't, never even finished MW1. I'd rather get something that lasts longer in single player since call of duty is boring online.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Not even tempted to buy it, I'd feel disgusted with myself if I did. Sorry Activision, you dropped the bomb with MW2, probably the only game I'll boycott in my life.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

NO, 9 million bought the game because its good, your poor attempt to attact attention.

KZ2 is not better than mw2, i played alot of fps and yes killzone 2 is pretty good but definetly not worth higher than a 9.0

Also ODST is 4 hour halo 3 expansion with pretty meh singleplayer and 60bucks price tag, not to mention the multiplayer there is no way its better than mw2

dakan45

kz2 is a better game, try to say now halo 3 or gears is not so good as mw2...mw2 is a rehash

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

people dont understand that MW2 is totally different and more action packed than the past titles

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#75 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
its quite funny MW has a stronger community now than there was before MW2 came out
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 pattyp77

people dont understand that MW2 is totally different and more action packed than the past titles

bigM10231

Yup - Thats exactly what the brochure and TV spot said ;)

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
i'm part of the 4 people boycotting the cod4 cuz of the milkage D:
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts

CoD1 was fantastic and almost original

CoD2 was even better, an improved version of the first

CoD3 was just another WW2 game in a sea of many others

CoD4:MW was ok. Different in comparison to the rest of the series (eg. Not set during WW2) but short on life and still pretty much the same game as previous versions.

CoD5 - No thanks... I'm REALLY over it.

CoD: MW2 - Represents everything I dislike about where "Gaming" is going (Or has become)... Im sure it is fun for a while. I'll rent it, but I'm really not that interested.

CoD has the world cought up in "Pokemon-syndrom"... "You just gotta shoot them all"... Each version we must have it because its just SO IN RIGHT NOW!

In summary - No I didn't buy Modern Warfare 2.

pattyp77
If gamespot implemented a "Myname Likes this." sytem in this.. That's totally what i would do with your post
Avatar image for oxygenis4losers
oxygenis4losers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 oxygenis4losers
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

I wouldn't say proud so much as indifferent. I didn't want the game to begin with and the PC version news made it even easier to avoid.

Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

i'm part of the 4 people boycotting the cod4 cuz of the milkage D:expanded

I thought cod4 had dedicated servers?

adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts

when i get a console (soon), i'm definitely getting it. so no i'm not a "proud person"

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

please tell me there is a few people who didnt buy. there are few resons people bought it...

they liked previous cods and got this, well they were milked, nothing great about this fps

or pressure from friends, instead of buying a good fps, like kz2 or halo odst...they decided to buy same game and just play, even though some didnt want to buy it.... my friends begged me to go buy it so i can play with them. but my money goes only on a good game...

cod turned to be like nfs, fifa, pes, wwe...all the people who buy them every year are getting milked like crazy....

planbfreak4eva
i am holding strong
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

well... my friend wanted me to buy it..to play the co-op... then I explained..about what IW did..then he decided not to get it either.. his exact words were "lol WTH! xD"........ as for me...im not buying it anytime soon.... unless they have it on a 75% off deal..and I have a $15 off coupon lol :)

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

please tell me there is a few people who didnt buy. there are few resons people bought it...

they liked previous cods and got this, well they were milked, nothing great about this fps

or pressure from friends, instead of buying a good fps, like kz2 or halo odst...they decided to buy same game and just play, even though some didnt want to buy it.... my friends begged me to go buy it so i can play with them. but my money goes only on a good game...

cod turned to be like nfs, fifa, pes, wwe...all the people who buy them every year are getting milked like crazy....

planbfreak4eva

sorry but MW2 does qualify as a good game and people who bought it didnt make any mistake especially if they are enjoying the game

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Man of integrity here. High Five!

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

dakan45

then by that logic WoW is one of the greatest games of all time.way better than games like uncharted 2,gears of war 2, dragon age,metal gear solid 4 because it sold more :|.. seriously sales =/= quality

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

devious742

then by that logic WoW is one of the greatest games of all time.way better than games like uncharted 2,gears of war 2, dragon age,metal gear solid 4 because it sold more :|.. seriously sales =/= quality

should have used "teh wii fit" it would have been more fitting for this backdrop

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

I havent and Im not going to. But I am going to rent it. I stopped enjoying cod after the amazing part 2. Ever since then its been downhill.

pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 pattyp77

Sales don't equal quality and even REVIEWS no-longer give indication of quality or value.

Surely some of you have been reading the UBIsoft / AssCreed2 / German conspiracy.

LINK: http://www.destructoid.com/ubisoft-demands-high-assassin-s-creed-2-review-score--154456.phtml

(Or just google German Assassins Creed 2 Review)

The only thing that matters now is whether you really enjoy the game and when you take the price paid divided by time-played you get a good ratio.

As if any media company is going to butt heads against EA or Activision and their favourite franchises.

If I had never played Half Life, Deus Ex, Bioshock, System Shock, CoD 1, 2, 3, Counter Strike, Day OF Defeat... Maybe I'd be really into Modern Warfare... As its stands... Meh!

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
I was tempted :D :D !!! but fought the urge....i did NOT buy that rehash trash.
thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
Proud, shmoud. Didn't buy a game you didn't want to buy.PannicAtack
Simple as that really. Not buying the game doesn't give you any sort of special cred or bragging rights. But I didn't buy it, no, or any other COD game. I just prefer sci-fi style shooters.
Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

You dedicated a whole thread just to say you didn't buy a particular game, why? I'm surprise no came out to say just blog it.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

No sale here. I've already bought more First Person Shooters this gen than in any other, and they all still have active communities. Add the fact that other genres are really pumping out some fantastic games now and I doubt I buy another FPS for years.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
I've bought the prestige edition togheter with the hard cover strategy guide...
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I'm proud enough not to jump on the bandwagon love or hate. I bought the game because I like it, what does it matter to you?
Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

I didn't buy it mainly because i just spent nearly all my spare money on a HDTV recently. But with all the criticisms and controversies I've been hearing about Infinity Ward and Activision, I'll probably just step aside. I got games like Halo to cover my multiplayer FPS cravings.

I might check it out at a friend's house to see if it's worthwhile though.

instead of buying a good fps, like kz2 or halo odst...

planbfreak4eva

I'll agree...just for the lulz. (System Wars Fact: Saying that Halo > COD infuriates more people than vice versa)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#97 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I already own those good FPS, KZ2 and ODST. Life is too short to waste time with negativity towards others, yourself, corporations, sports franchises. I enjoy playing games. MW2 is fun. Good luck with your cause.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#98 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

didn't buy it and will never buy another fps unless it's killzone 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I didn't buy it and neither am I buying anything published or made by Activision. I refuse to give that stinking company a penny of my money. I laugh at 9 million people. Their so easy and thats why Activision can make money off them. Tools.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Well I didn't buy it because I have no interest in it..so if that makes me one then yes. : D