i am a proud person who didnt buy MW2 like the rest 9 million people, are you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

please tell me there is a few people who didnt buy. there are few resons people bought it...

they liked previous cods and got this, well they were milked, nothing great about this fps

or pressure from friends, instead of buying a good fps, like kz2 or halo odst...they decided to buy same game and just play, even though some didnt want to buy it.... my friends begged me to go buy it so i can play with them. but my money goes only on a good game...

cod turned to be like nfs, fifa, pes, wwe...all the people who buy them every year are getting milked like crazy....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm powerful, and I held out.

Of course, a Used copy of COD6:MW2 bypasses my only reason for holding out, my dislike for ACTIVISION.

A Used copy give ACTI no monies.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
I have had some friends trying to "convince" and "tempt" me to buy the PC version but their attempts failed :P
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Of course, a Used copy bypass' my only reason for holding out, my dislike for ACTIVISION.

SolidTy

Yeah, pretty much. I'm not into the multiplayer much though, and the single player is short and doesn't look as "epic" this time, so I might hold out forever. :P

Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

please tell me there is a few people who didnt buy. there are few resons people bought it...

they liked previous cods and got this, well they were milked, nothing great about this fps

or pressure from friends, instead of buying a good fps, like kz2 or halo odst...they decided to buy same game and just play, even though some didnt want to buy it.... my friends begged me to go buy it so i can play with them. but my money goes only on a good game...

cod turned to be like nfs, fifa, pes, wwe...all the people who buy them every year are getting milked like crazy....

planbfreak4eva

Aren't you the same person that said GTA V would be a ps3 exclusive? Plus i hope this doesn't apply to me as I have only bought two cods to date.

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

No I bought it and enjoyed it.

I'm not one of the people who decided not to buy it just to be different

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Proud, shmoud. Didn't buy a game you didn't want to buy.
Gorillanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gorillanator
Member since 2009 • 867 Posts
Why should I care if you didn't buy it or not? Am I supposed to be proud of you? If people really want to buy the the game then why shouldn't they?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I play at a friends house. In fairness the multiplayer is fantastic fun, but the unbelievably short single player means I won't be buying anytime soon. Remember FPS games like Half Life and Red Faction that took 20+ hours to beat? I miss them...
Y2Jfan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Y2Jfan23
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts

Of course, a Used copy of COD6:MW2 bypasses my only reason for holding out, my dislike for ACTIVISION.

SolidTy

So you don't like activision yet you still want a copy of the game? Yeah makes PERFECT sense....

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#11 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

I am a proud owner of MW2 so....No I guess not :D

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Wana start a facebook group?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

110million

Yeah, pretty much. I'm not into the multiplayer much though, and the single player is short and doesn't look as "epic" this time, so I might hold out forever. :P

:lol:

Everyone I know that did buy it beat it one - two days after owning it on Hardened or Veteran. It's quite short, good rental for ya.:)

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I have a Wii and a crappy PC so I to held out!
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 planbfreak4eva
Why should I care if you didn't buy it or not? Am I supposed to be proud of you? If people really want to buy the the game then why shouldn't they?Gorillanator
i didnt say proud, i say if some people are proud of not buying the game like me, if i wanted to talk about myself i would go into my blog and write what wonderful day i had and stuff like that... really some people do not understand anything in this world
atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

planbfreak4eva

So COD MW2 is a bad game? Reviews disagree with you. Record sales disagree with you. Reality is you probably own it and are posting this to cover your conscience.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
You're proud because you didn't buy a game you weren't going to get in the first place?:roll:
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Congrats want a cookie? Think you're special? You're nothing but the other side of the coin, and in this world of fifty fifty choices, you just ended up with the other 30 million people like yourself... Feel special? Well those 9 million are smaller than 30 some million, so I'd say we're cooler because we're the minority now! Hah! Seriously, feel better now?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Y2Jfan23

So you don't like activision yet you still want a copy of the game? Yeah makes PERFECT sense....

You don't understand, which is sad to me...because I'm a Jerichoholic since WCW.

I love great games, however I despise ACTIVISION's tactics, so I have boycotted their games this year. What that means to me is that I don't want any of my money to go to ACTIVISION, however, I do not want to miss out on great games (Points at SIGS for proof), I'm still a gamer after all. :)

Buying a Used copy at a store, or buying a used copy from a buddy, borrowing a used copy from a friend, or renting the game will ensure ACTIVISION gets no money from me.

This is about me boycotting ACTIVISION, as far as wanting to play the game, I can't wait. I am a COD fan, I own every single one. This was the first time I've ever tried a game boycott, so it's been a real test of will power for me to not get this game on DAY ONE, like I have done for years. It was quite the struggle.

Jericho would approve.:)

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 planbfreak4eva

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]

Yankees718

Aren't you the same person that said GTA V would be a ps3 exclusive? Plus i hope this doesn't apply to me as I have only bought two cods to date.

about the gta v, thats just a prediction, could be true, could be not. not the end of the world....well if it doesnt apply to you then it doesnt
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Im not proud cause I dont have the money to buy it yet.

DarkerKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkerKamikaze
Member since 2007 • 1011 Posts

planbfreak4eva

junaid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 junaid15
Member since 2005 • 1163 Posts
i bought it, its awesome, no regrets.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I am proud.

I figured since we just had a ton of AAA exclusives and multiplats come out why would I need to bother myself with CoD? Especially since the online is subpar compared to other shooters.

atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

[QUOTE="Yankees718"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]

planbfreak4eva

about the gta v, thats just a prediction, could be true, could be not. not the end of the world....well if it doesnt apply to you then it doesnt

Has FF13 taught us nothing. GTAV will not be exclusive to PS3. Think of the millions they would lose without the 360 user base.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I bought it. I'm neither proud nor ashamed, just a satisfied customer.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Yup, didnt waste a cent on that **** game. My money will go towards BC2 :)
Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
I'm not an online gamer so any shooter I play has to be single player. It would'nt be worth getting games like MW2 if I dont play online.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 planbfreak4eva
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Congrats want a cookie? Think you're special? You're nothing but the other side of the coin, and in this world of fifty fifty choices, you just ended up with the other 30 million people like yourself... Feel special? Well those 9 million are smaller than 30 some million, so I'd say we're cooler because we're the minority now! Hah! Seriously, feel better now?

you are still the 9 people who bought a game which isnt worth the money, its the same as previous cod, and previous, all the way back to 2006....feel better that u got milked once again like almost the rest of 9 million ppl? plz tell me if u actually think mw2 is best fps till date, coz its not...lemmings will come in and say hail halo 3 or gears, cows will come in say kz2...there u go...mw2 is just another normal fps. nothing special
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Well I'm a proud person who didnt buy any COD game since it started and also for not buying any FPS game for this whole generation.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I didn't get it either.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

planbfreak4eva
MW2 is a good game. I like KZ2 more but MW2 is worth buying but not worth the godly hype it got. I only bought the game bc I got it for $20 after trading in old games.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
No but I bought Reflex hee hee.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 planbfreak4eva

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"][QUOTE="Yankees718"]

atarigrad

Has FF13 taught us nothing. GTAV will not be exclusive to PS3. Think of the millions they would lose without the 360 user base.

hey its just a prediction, maybe most of the things point for it to be multiplat, but i think it will be exclusive its my beleif. i dont question u if u beleive in god, and if your answer is yes i do, i wouldnt say, buy if u look at evolution god doesnt exist, see the point here? its just a beleive and thats. if am wrong then am wrong, the world wont die
Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts

instead of buying a good fps, like kz2 or halo odst...

planbfreak4eva

this right here makes thread=fail

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I didn't get it, nor do I want to with the $60 price tag.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
No interest in the Call of Rehash : Modern Grinding
TreeMoBMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TreeMoBMoney
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts
I live in macau and i went to a really dingy run down shop and he had a ps3 copy under some papers, i offered him about 35 bucks (u.s) and he jumped on it. Ill be going back there in the future :)
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Congrats want a cookie? Think you're special? You're nothing but the other side of the coin, and in this world of fifty fifty choices, you just ended up with the other 30 million people like yourself... Feel special? Well those 9 million are smaller than 30 some million, so I'd say we're cooler because we're the minority now! Hah! Seriously, feel better now?

you are still the 9 people who bought a game which isnt worth the money, its the same as previous cod, and previous, all the way back to 2006....feel better that u got milked once again like almost the rest of 9 million ppl? plz tell me if u actually think mw2 is best fps till date, coz its not...lemmings will come in and say hail halo 3 or gears, cows will come in say kz2...there u go...mw2 is just another normal fps. nothing special

Your opinion on the game doesn't equate to fact. What you consider to be worth your money and what I consider to be worth mine, along with the 1 billion other people on the planet, can never be right about what's worth your money and what's not. Do I think CoD MW 2 is a great game? Yeah, I kind of do, and if you're curious... I never owned MW. :o Yes I have and owned CoD and CoD 2 (skipped 3 and WaW) but besides that, your feelings don't mean squat to me. I just want to iterate that your nothing special for not purchasing a game you had no interest in, you're just another side of the coin. What the lemmings who state Halo or Gears is better, or Cows who state KZ 2 or even Sheep who could procaim MP or Conduit are better shooters are nothing but the niche of opinions that amount to nothing. Cold hard fact is, you're just the same as the 100 million others out there who didn't buy this game, you saw no value in the title. It doesn't make you any different or any better, just another spec. Hope you enjoy brutal honesty. :)
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I haven't bought Modern Warfare 2.

Why would I encourage more developers to make short sequels without anything new comparing to the previous game (not even the graphics), costing $60, without dedicated servers and lacking mod support, forcing people to buy DLCs with this IWnet **** ?

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Caved on the first week, glad I did, one of the better games I have played all year. Also the first Call of Duty I ever bought
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 planbfreak4eva

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] [QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Congrats want a cookie? Think you're special? You're nothing but the other side of the coin, and in this world of fifty fifty choices, you just ended up with the other 30 million people like yourself... Feel special? Well those 9 million are smaller than 30 some million, so I'd say we're cooler because we're the minority now! Hah! Seriously, feel better now? TIE_Elite_Pilot

Your opinion on the game doesn't equate to fact. What you consider to be worth your money and what I consider to be worth mine, along with the 1 billion other people on the planet, can never be right about what's worth your money and what's not. Do I think CoD MW 2 is a great game? Yeah, I kind of do, and if you're curious... I never owned MW. :o Yes I have and owned CoD and CoD 2 (skipped 3 and WaW) but besides that, your feelings don't mean squat to me. I just want to iterate that your nothing special for not purchasing a game you had no interest in, you're just another side of the coin. What the lemmings who state Halo or Gears is better, or Cows who state KZ 2 or even Sheep who could procaim MP or Conduit are better shooters are nothing but the niche of opinions that amount to nothing. Cold hard fact is, you're just the same as the 100 million others out there who didn't buy this game, you saw no value in the title. It doesn't make you any different or any better, just another spec. Hope you enjoy brutal honesty. :)

whats honesty to you, is squat to me :) . u beleive its honesty, but thats your opinion, and not a fact....i didnt buy the game coz there is nothing special in it, and thats true, why do people call it modern rehash? because it is. a game that was spend less than a year on developing, how good do you think it will be? and trust me maybe mw2 is good game, but overall its an average fps, and we had loads of those this gen.... i have money to buy it, i just dont see the point to buy a game when i can buy a better fps game instead....

NinjaMonky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NinjaMonky
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts

if i was a pc gamer, i probably won't buy it. but since i could care less about multiplayer and heard that the single player is fun, i'm going to pick this up soon. it sucks that some people will have to miss out on a good game because of this crap:(

Luigi_The_Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Luigi_The_Pimp
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts
I dont have it but i plan on buying it in the future. I dont randomly hate the game out of spite unlike most of this forum
KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

Good job! Now instead of reaching 15 million copies during the holidays, the will only reach 14,999,999 copies. You sir win teh interwebs! I bought it and am loving it. Good for you for standing up to Activision, I'm sure the CEO will be up many sleepless nights due to all the boycotting and lack of sales such as yours. As far as the others that "won't give their money to activision, but will buy a used copy", that makes me laugh. Hypocrites FTW. At least if you are not giving your money to activision you are still giving it to somebody and supporting gaming, whether it be Gamestop, Blockbuster, EBgames, a fellow gamer, or whoever.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
Didn't buy it, never will.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I plan on getting Call of Duty 6

next week, hope it's worth it .... played some COD4 today, got first place on my second game with a 30 - 9 KDR ... turned it off after that.

nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

I bought it and its great. You boycotters are missing out.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I dont have it but i plan on buying it in the future. I dont randomly hate the game out of spite unlike most of this forumLuigi_The_Pimp

Yes, hating a game that was stripped of features that previous iterations of the game had is the same as hating it purely out of spite.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Didn't buy, never will.