HTC Vive First Impressions

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Iv been having a blast with mine. I have a 3x4m room set-up at the min. I could extend it a bit more but I wanted to leave about a foot gap between play area and the walls. Seated experience doesnt require any extra setup either, you just sit where you want, start the game and it centers on your position and orientation even if that is outside the play area as long as the towers can see you. I tested this with Virtual Desktops Virtual Theatre mode and Elite Dangerous which then lets you get up out of your seat and walk around the cockpit of your ship :D. Its amazing how the scale is so different compared to looking at it on a screen.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@pelvist said:

Iv been having a blast with mine. I have a 3x4m room set-up at the min. I could extend it a bit more but I wanted to leave about a foot gap between play area and the walls. Seated experience doesnt require any extra setup either, you just sit where you want, start the game and it centers on your position and orientation even if that is outside the play area as long as the towers can see you. I tested this with Virtual Desktops Virtual Theatre mode and Elite Dangerous which then lets you get up out of your seat and walk around the cockpit of your ship :D. Its amazing how the scale is so different compared to looking at it on a screen.

I have had my vive for over a week but only loaded up Elite last night and the first thing i notiiced is the cockpit in my Cobra MkIII is huge, the dashboard looks like its right next to you on a monitor but its actually about 5-6ft infront of you and your seat sits quiite high off the floor also it was awesome docking and finally grasping the size of some of the space stations, can't wait to give it a proper try.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@naz99: Yeah it is quite incredible. Unfortunately the game doesnt render properly to the Vive yet though at least for some people (me included) it renders at a lower resolution than it should and you cant change it in any settings so waiting for Frontier to fix that before I can play it properly.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@pelvist said:

@naz99: Yeah it is quite incredible. Unfortunately the game doesnt render properly to the Vive yet though at least for some people (me included) it renders at a lower resolution than it should and you cant change it in any settings so waiting for Frontier to fix that before I can play it properly.

I know, i have been more than happy with my GTX970 SLI setup right up until VR, now my second card is completely useless and it puts me at the minimum for VR and Elite doesnt run too great at the moment along with the terrible resolution, still impresses though and like you said at least the resolution problem is a bug and its apparently all Vive users so its not as bad as i first thought at least it can be fixed slightly :P

Just going to wait for the next GPU's to drop then sell both my cards and get a higher end single card,im going to need it for some of the bigger games like Star Citizen and Elite.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

can the the vive play the same games as the oculus rift?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:

can the the vive play the same games as the oculus rift?

Yes if they are on Steam. Games on the Oculus store are exclusive to Oculus, but many of those games are also on Steam and can be played on either.

-Byshop