How do CoD players not notice all these flaws

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHYjqZ_9gpI&feature=channel_video_title (couldnt link)

comparing recent CoD games to the first crysis from 2007, which is what the standards should be for this gen.

dont deny the facts this whole video is the truth. Dont start trolling, dissagreeing or hating until you finish the entire video, the video is MY OPINION summed up.

somegtalover
every game has problems. What are you suggesting? no one should play any other game than crysis from now on? how well will that work with TF2? no one should play that any more because it's on an outdated engine or demo spamming and sky walking? just stick with crysis because somegtalover said so? some... GTA... lover? GTA has some pretty big flaws as well, btw.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I apologize but I did not understand the majority of your post. What I did gather from it was that it is okay to release yearly rehashes? COD almost holds a Madden esque share of the fps market. Is it okay for sports games to be released every year, that are essentially the same game? I've bought one Madden this gen, last years game. I enjoy it. It is a quality game, but will I buy this years? I really doubt it. Fact of the matter is that COD releases, like them or not, are essentially download content. Wouldn't you rather buy a COD game and have the developer give you a new campaign for say $15-20, with occasionally supplying you with a few new maps/multiplayer features for $5-10?

Heirren

I dont like DLC, i never buy them. I buy the game when it release then i can wait a year or so for next game if i want more. I have np with "realease more of the same" every year. I know what i get from CoD, i like it. I did not buy Black Ops, no1 forced me to, i can wait for Mw3 that i like more.

If you look at gaming most games is more or less the same in one way or another. Difference is few succeed with be fun.

Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

What a lame video.

OMG teh physics,teh poor draw distance.
Just seems like having..you know,fun.Just mindless fun isn't enough.

Lto_thaG

Hehe, I agree with just having fun. Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament to me its just FUN mindless in your face FUN and I LOVE IT. Epic please please bring out another Unreal Tournament!

DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

I'm not a huge CoD fan, but I occassionally will pop it in and have some mindless fun for an hour or two. Thats what it really is to me, just pure mindless fun. You don't have to be good at the game to enjoy it. Its nice to take a break from super competetive games like Halo 3 (my favorite FPS) and just relax with CoD.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

All this COD hate is really lame. Modern Warfare changed

CoD is fun, that's why it sells.

Oh wait this is System Wars...

Wasdie

Only Nintendo owns fun. COD owners are not having any fun at all apparently.

spotofun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 spotofun
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

That isn't the point. I'm not saying, "hey you stop enjoying your games." What I am saying is people need to realize when they are eating a huge cash-cow. The COD releases have been extremely lazy yet they influences the release schedule, dlc pricing, and the overall polish the consumer expects. The game consumer need to speak with their wallets, or else the industry will continue to take advantage of them. The perfect example is the 3DS. It was priced high, but perhaps too high. The consumer as a whole told nintendo essentially, "that is not right" and spoke with their wallets. What happened? Nintendo ACTUALLY LOWERED THE PRICE. Wait a second, the consumer spoke up and a company listened? Apparently.

Imo, the kids have become so addicted to all things surrounding COD that I bet if the game was released at $99 w/a $9.99/month elite service thing, these kids would still buy it. THAT I find quite sad.

Heirren

People maybe not complained about the 3DS price, maybe they not event want DS 1.5 with bad 3D effect slapped on it+ lack of games...

Let all CoD haters be hating, it is apparently more people that love CoD to make it the biggest game in the industry. It is not that people cant see these "flaws", it is more like small things that is unimportant to majority of players to make a game fun and entertaining(which is only reason we play games right?).

I apologize but I did not understand the majority of your post. What I did gather from it was that it is okay to release yearly rehashes? COD almost holds a Madden esque share of the fps market. Is it okay for sports games to be released every year, that are essentially the same game? I've bought one Madden this gen, last years game. I enjoy it. It is a quality game, but will I buy this years? I really doubt it. Fact of the matter is that COD releases, like them or not, are essentially download content. Wouldn't you rather buy a COD game and have the developer give you a new campaign for say $15-20, with occasionally supplying you with a few new maps/multiplayer features for $5-10?

Fact of the matter is the gaming industry may not be headed in the direction you like, but why should your standards drive what other people buy and play to have fun? The gaming industry may have to lean in a less "pure" direction to remain viable in today's marketplace. You don't have to come along and you can be upset if it is not what it used to be, but trying to tell everyone that buys COD they are addicts is silly. So what if yearly releases are just DL? So what if they release a new COD every week for $60? People will move on to a new interest that will fill that void whether a game or not. The market will decide. In the meantime enjoy trying to define what everyone else should do in the leisure.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Its very simple really. It's a fun game that has a big following, therefore people are attracted to it. Really the whole physics thing and graphics thing gets really old to hear all the time. The game looks decent for what it is and its running on a system that hasn't upgraded any of its graphics hardware in close to six years. People really have to stop expecting leaps and bounds at this point in this generation. Some people in here are just too critcial sometimes. I mean by reading some people's posts how do any of you enjoy playing games when most if not all have flaws or problems?

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

Call of Duty is not fun.somegtalover

Millions upon millions of people will disagree. :? :roll:

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CaptainAhab13

I don't understand all the COD hate. Sure I've been a BF fan since 1942, but the COD games really aren't that terrible.

Rehashed and recycled endlessly? Yes.

Mindless, glorious multiplayer fun? Yes.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

CoD games are fun. You can critique any game you want, and rightly so, but I've had more fun playing through current gen CoD campaigns than almost any other FPS besides Borderlands and Bioshock.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Oh and I don't judge games based on who made them...it's just petty to do so.

I tend to hate all game companies equally.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

People are different dude. I personally can't stand Call Of Duty, however I'm a Rainbow Six guy so my dislike for Call Of Duty should be clearly understandable.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

That video put too much emphasis on graphics. There is much else to be said as to why Cod is a bad series

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Hell I don't even like CoD but people need to stop *****ing about it.

Milked? Yes, but the fans obviously want it and if it brings in the money why not do it?

Barely changes? Why change what works? Why change the formula that the fans like?

Easy? What would they gain from making the game "hard"?

Uses the same engine? Why not? Why should they spend the time on a new engine when the current one works just fine?

Hurts the industry? Maybe, but the grand majority of people (excluding the liars/very few that say that they wouldn't) would "milk" CoD the same way. Activision would rather gain money like any business would. Why listen to a minority that doesn't even like CoD and lose money?

Activision is just doing the logical thing, there's a reason why they don't listen to you.

OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

Hell I don't even like CoD but people need to stop *****ing about it.

Milked? Yes, but the fans obviously want it and if it brings in the money why not do it?

Barely changes? Why change what works? Why change the formula that the fans like?

Easy? What would they gain from making the game "hard"?

Uses the same engine? Why not? Why should they spend the time on a new engine when the current one works just fine?

Hurts the industry? Maybe, but the grand majority of people (excluding the liars/very few that say that they wouldn't) would "milk" CoD the same way. Activision would rather gain money like any business would. Why listen to a minority that doesn't even like CoD and lose money?

Activision is just doing the logical thing, there's a reason why they don't listen to you.

Yangire

You mean every year they make one of the highest grossing video games without taking people from System Wars advice!? :o

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

People find it entertaining. How else would Black Ops sell 25 million copies?

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I don't like cod that much but that video was one of stupidest video game related things I've seen.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 CaptainAhab13
CoD tends to favor quick play sessions (matches go quickly and are full of action). My schedule favors quick play sessions. Put those two together, and I actually enjoy romping around in CoD multiplayer, as do millions of people.
Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Call of Duty is not fun. A well made game is fun. I dont play Crysis that much, although its up there as one of my favorites, my most favorite games are old such as Half Life 1, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Team Fortress 2

somegtalover
You're opinion on what is "fun" is irrelevant. Millions of people obviously disagree with you and their opinion is what actually does matter...because they're the ones buying the game. Such arrogance...
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#70 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

So the "flaws" are with graphics?Oh right,I'm in System Wars.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Michael0134567
Great sig.Lara looks so sexy.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Lto_thaG

Thanks :),I agree :P.I didn't make it though,if that's what you're thinking :P.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

Regardless,it looks very good.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

I dont like CoD too,but I think ppl notice those flaws,only they dont care,they are having fun because CoD is very casual game,you just pick up and play.And comparing CoD to Crysis is weird,Crysis is superior to CoD in every aspect.I find it one of the best FPS games ever made,because of huge maps and incredible freedom to accomplish your objectives.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"] Great sig.Lara looks so sexy.

Regardless,it looks very good.

Thanks,very sexy ;).
iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Good for the people enjoying the game, but I've played this online and it just is NOT a good balanced game. It is actually rather poor. I'm not going to say everyone, but I get the feeling COD has this addictive take on its fans. I have friends who play it and there's always some strange vibe going on in the room when the game is being played--things tend to get very serious, as if the game is being played just so friends can see proof that a given person is at this/that level/etc.

Heirren
i dont see how it's not balanced.

Call of Duty is not fun. A well made game is fun. I dont play Crysis that much, although its up there as one of my favorites, my most favorite games are old such as Half Life 1, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Team Fortress 2

somegtalover
unreal tournament 2004 to be honest that game i did not find it fun. it was too fast and floaty. only a crack head would fine that game fun.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Right because graphics is COD biggest problem....

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHYjqZ_9gpI&feature=channel_video_title (couldnt link)

comparing recent CoD games to the first crysis from 2007, which is what the standards should be for this gen.

dont deny the facts this whole video is the truth. Dont start trolling, dissagreeing or hating until you finish the entire video, the video is MY OPINION summed up.

somegtalover
What attracts people to CoD(mostly) is the fact that you can throw it in, jump into a game, and be done. Whenever, Where ever, for whatever reason. Not EVERY PERSON is into the high end graphics ( im fighting FOR CoD for once :O HOLY CRAP) Although, the description i just gave does not include me.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Those are single player problems
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

and why aren't we picking on the hundreds of other games that don't measure up to the technical standards of Crysis?

oh. right. they're not as popular.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I'm fairly certain the people that play CoD don't do so for its graphics. It's just arcadey fun that isn't really meant to be tactically engaging or conducive to a deep pro scene; the game is meant to be easy to pick up and play. Battlefield 3 it is not; TF2 it is not.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
You know Every Halo game was made on the same engine? Obviously they made improvements to it, but it's still the same base engine...
nousername66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 nousername66
Member since 2011 • 146 Posts

The majority of people arn't very smart nor have the patience to play a strategic, team-based shooter. That's where COD games fill the void. It's mindless, dumbed down entertainment that any fool can play.

Hence, 25 million copies sold.

PS. I wouldn't call the game fun. I doubt people that play the game 10 hours a day would say that either. More like addicting, repetitive and hard to put down like a gambler at a slot machine.

What the COD series has done is found a formula that make people addicted to the gameplay, and they do this in two key ways; incredibly easy shooting and instant respawn, not to mention the "killstreaks" that will give any kid a momentary feeling of "superiority" until it ends then the kid must obviously seek out the next killstreak again.

Face it, having fun with something and being addicted to the same thing are two different things.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

somegtalover

That video and whoever made it, just like this statement, are what's wrong with the interent's ability to allow people a public forum to speak (and yes I know I'm using it myself...). that video is ludicrous. it's not about stating that person's opion. It's about somebody telling somebody what their opinion should be. That kind of fascist ignorance doesn't cut it and that video....which failed hilariously at making a point btw....are insulting on principal.

We do NOT live in a world where anyone is forced to play anything. So you don't like CoD? Awesome. CONTINUE TO NOT PLAY IT. Acting like this is acting like themere existence of something that some people like is an affront to the things that you like. Are we in second grade here? Do we lack common sense? I'll wait to see it proven by judging the response to my post. Now back to waiting for MW3 and every other great game coming soon.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

who cares when its good fun?

somegtalover
if you think its fun then yes you have lower standards...

no its just fun. maybe you have poor standards?
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#86 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Because the COD casuals don't care they just like playing the same game every year.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

Listen to what everyone is saying that hates CoD. I couldn't fully explain in all details why its bad myself. SO WHAT IF I COMPARED IT TO CRYSIS, it's another first person shooter that came out years ago, it's not fair to compare it? Maybe I like that game and many of you have never played the first one, you guys can rant about the games I like and they all have small problems but definately not as bad as CoD, that game just feels like EVERYTHING is wrong. It was made by money hungry activision, who doesnt care if all they do is reskin their engine and call it a new game, they want MONEY.

Anyways Whats up with first person shooters these days with regenerating health, get shot, no worries, just crouch and heal for 5 seconds. It actually makes a game funner when you have to memorize health weapon and ammo pickups on the map and time in your mind when they respawn, and have the skill to get kill streaks and stay alive that way.

spotofun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 spotofun
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

Listen to what everyone is saying that hates CoD. I couldn't fully explain in all details why its bad myself. SO WHAT IF I COMPARED IT TO CRYSIS, it's another first person shooter that came out years ago, it's not fair to compare it? Maybe I like that game and many of you have never played the first one, you guys can rant about the games I like and they all have small problems but definately not as bad as CoD, that game just feels like EVERYTHING is wrong. It was made by money hungry activision, who doesnt care if all they do is reskin their engine and call it a new game, they want MONEY.

Anyways Whats up with first person shooters these days with regenerating health, get shot, no worries, just crouch and heal for 5 seconds. It actually makes a game funner when you have to memorize health weapon and ammo pickups on the map and time in your mind when they respawn, and have the skill to get kill streaks and stay alive that way.

somegtalover

What would suggest Activision do? Stop selling an annual reskin with no innovation (your thoughts) that sells and makes millions so you can bloviate about your skills at timing pickups and being superior to everyone else?

The only thing wrong with COD is it doesn't fit your taste or meet your standards. Ok. We get it.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Well that's a stupid video. :/ I've had fun, about 10 million players to back me up on that one. The ones that like the game just don't whine about it on the internet.