How do CoD players not notice all these flaws

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHYjqZ_9gpI&feature=channel_video_title (couldnt link)

comparing recent CoD games to the first crysis from 2007, which is what the standards should be for this gen.

dont deny the facts this whole video is the truth. Dont start trolling, dissagreeing or hating until you finish the entire video, the video is MY OPINION summed up.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Because they're having fun. And good for them.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

What a lame video.

OMG teh physics,teh poor draw distance.
Just seems like having..you know,fun.Just mindless fun isn't enough.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Scripted, linear and outdated graphics, that's about right.
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

What was I looking at in that video really can some one explain to me:?.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 somegtalover

Call of Duty is not fun. A well made game is fun. I dont play Crysis that much, although its up there as one of my favorites, my most favorite games are old such as Half Life 1, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Team Fortress 2

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lto_thaG

Call of Duty is not fun.somegtalover

A lot of people disagree,but whatever.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

CoD is fun, that's why it sells.

Oh wait this is System Wars...

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ravensmash

Call of Duty is not fun.

somegtalover
Millions of people disagree with you.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Because they don't care about elaborating what they see in the games as long as there are TEH killstreaks and explosions to cover it all up.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

CoD is fun, that's why it sells.

Oh wait this is System Wars...

Wasdie

The sad thing is, this is true. :(

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ravensmash

Because they don't care about elaborating what they see in the games as long as there are TEH killstreaks and explosions to cover it all up.

N30F3N1X
Yep, some good old fashioned fun :)
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Good for the people enjoying the game, but I've played this online and it just is NOT a good balanced game. It is actually rather poor. I'm not going to say everyone, but I get the feeling COD has this addictive take on its fans. I have friends who play it and there's always some strange vibe going on in the room when the game is being played--things tend to get very serious, as if the game is being played just so friends can see proof that a given person is at this/that level/etc.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 somegtalover

Your not good if your getting kill streaks in CoD.. the better you do against 10 year olds on xbox, the more overpowering stuff the game rewards you with to just spawnkill everyone. Watch a few of these, these guys have skill. http://kotaku.com/5820907/the-10-best-moments-in-pro+gaming-history

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

it's become the standards of quality

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

who cares when its good fun?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

it's become the standards of quality

fsurb28

...or lack there of, unfortunately.:(

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 somegtalover

Quaker-w00ts
if you think its fun then yes you have lower standards...
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ravensmash
[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

somegtalover

No they don't - they find it fun. End of.
Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#21 Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

They enjoy the game; gaming is about that: fun. If you have fun the flaws turn into something meaningless.

People seems to forget that fun is the final goal of gaming... and they are more and more each day that passes.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Flaws?

If you want a open game go play Farcry 2...

Physix? i dont need to be able to destroy everything around me, sure it can be fun sometimes but nothing needed.

CoD got 1000000times better/fun SP campaign than for example Battlefield even with all these "flaws" you say, end of the day i play games to have fun, is CoD fun? Hell yeaaaaah :P

kingfire11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingfire11
Member since 2005 • 1498 Posts
I'm sick and tired of people complaining about developers using the same engine. So freaking what? Valve has been using the Source engine for years and their games rock. People need to understand that game engines are only a tiny little part of successful game. The CoD engine, much like the Source engine, has been updated with every new CoD game. So the question that people have been asking forever, why does CoD sell? Well, it's fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="somegtalover"][QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

Ravensmash

No they don't - they find it fun. End of.

Well, perhaps, maybe. The problem here is that there ARE flaws which some people rather not deal with. You can say "well if you don't like it, don't buy it" but at the same time COD has become so popular that it really does affect the entire industry. I know people that USED to be fans of the series, but after release upon release with the same errors, they've abandoned the series. What I don't understand is why a game so huge financially can't at least listen to the fan complaints/critiques. They are going to buy it regardless, but why not?

Going back to my point though, releases like COD really encourage and show developers that selling a game is more in the marketing than the product itself. COD reminds me of when Michael Jordan shoes were beyond popular, and everybody started drinking gatorade because he endorsed it.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I thought the problem with CoD was the balancing and arcadey gameplay :? I don't care about them using the same engine . Also I don't like the fact its a bit like WoW, some people that play it a lot don't seem to be enjoying themselves any more but feel invested, I can relate to that and it means its time to take a break.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

Call of Duty is not fun. A well made game is fun. I dont play Crysis that much, although its up there as one of my favorites

somegtalover
People who love COD still play it everyday and you don't even play Crysis that much even though its supposedly so much better. No offense but COD is certainly doing something right that Crysis isn't.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
I've gotta say though, cod's multiplayer is the best. But when I lost my copy of mw2 it's not like I went out to get bo or anything. Not worth it.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="somegtalover"]

Call of Duty is not fun. A well made game is fun. I dont play Crysis that much, although its up there as one of my favorites

exiledsnake
People who love COD still play it everyday and you don't even play Crysis that much even though its supposedly so much better. No offense but COD is certainly doing something right that Crysis isn't.

It is. Selling to children who loooooovvvveeeee ragdoll physics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="somegtalover"]

exiledsnake

Yes, marketing. McDonalds is terrible yet it still makes money as a company.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="exiledsnake"][QUOTE="somegtalover"]

Heirren

Terrible for you maybe but i like go to Mc Donalds once in awhile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="exiledsnake"] People who love COD still play it everyday and you don't even play Crysis that much even though its supposedly so much better. No offense but COD is certainly doing something right that Crysis isn't.aroxx_ab

Key phrase, "ONCE in a while." And even if you do like Mcdonalds, it is a FACT that it is terrible for ones body. The analogy was comparing the addictive nature of the two. Fat, salt, and sugar create an addictive substance when combined in such large amounts..........CODs developers seemed to have figure something out, that is for sure.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

somegtalover

nope, its just fun.

you must have ridiculously high standards to not find it fun.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#33 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Same way fans of any other series will look over the flaws of their favorite game and continue enjoying they rest of the their favorite game? A better question is why can't people here can't get over the fact that people don't have to love what you like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Same way fans of any other series will look over the flaws of their favorite game and continue enjoying they rest of the their favorite game? A better question is why can't people here can't get over the fact that people don't have to love what you like.vashkey

Because it affects the entire industry?:?

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lto_thaG

A better question is why can't people here can't get over the fact that people don't have to love what you like.vashkey

Indeed.
I find it it sad.Really,I do.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

COD is awul, and yes, I know millions of people disagree with me, but millions of people are wrong.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vashkey

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Key phrase, "ONCE in a while." And even if you do like Mcdonalds, it is a FACT that it is terrible for ones body. The analogy was comparing the addictive nature of the two. Fat, salt, and sugar create an addictive substance when combined in such large amounts..........CODs developers seemed to have figure something out, that is for sure.

Well, it's not like Call of Duty is any more or less harmful to you than any other videogame so the analogy fall flat on it's face. Not to mention if you choose to you can eat healthy at McDonalds.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="vashkey"]Same way fans of any other series will look over the flaws of their favorite game and continue enjoying they rest of the their favorite game? A better question is why can't people here can't get over the fact that people don't have to love what you like.Heirren

The majority doesn't even care about the gaming industry.

OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

COD is quick and easy and fast pace...some people prefer that...alot of people wont play other FPS simply because the sensetivity wont go to insane or because you cant go prone...I was like that for awhile but I got sick of how easy it was in the pubs so I started GBn...then that got old now im waitng for BF3..but almost everyone I know Is still staying on COD for MW3...Ill play both but they refuse to play a slower paced game, plain and simple,

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 vashkey

[QUOTE="vashkey"]Same way fans of any other series will look over the flaws of their favorite game and continue enjoying they rest of the their favorite game? A better question is why can't people here can't get over the fact that people don't have to love what you like.Heirren

Um, not really? :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

vashkey

Well, it's not like Call of Duty is any more or less harmful to you than any other videogame so the analogy fall slat on it's face. Not to mention if you choose to you can eat healthy at McDonalds.

That isn't the point. I'm not saying, "hey you stop enjoying your games." What I am saying is people need to realize when they are eating a huge cash-cow. The COD releases have been extremely lazy yet they influences the release schedule, dlc pricing, and the overall polish the consumer expects. The game consumer need to speak with their wallets, or else the industry will continue to take advantage of them. The perfect example is the 3DS. It was priced high, but perhaps too high. The consumer as a whole told nintendo essentially, "that is not right" and spoke with their wallets. What happened? Nintendo ACTUALLY LOWERED THE PRICE. Wait a second, the consumer spoke up and a company listened? Apparently.

Imo, the kids have become so addicted to all things surrounding COD that I bet if the game was released at $99 w/a $9.99/month elite service thing, these kids would still buy it. THAT I find quite sad.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vashkey

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

Well, it's not like Call of Duty is any more or less harmful to you than any other videogame so the analogy fall slat on it's face. Not to mention if you choose to you can eat healthy at McDonalds.

That isn't the point. I'm not saying, "hey you stop enjoying your games." What I am saying is people need to realize when they are eating a huge cash-cow. The COD releases have been extremely lazy yet they influences the release schedule, dlc pricing, and the overall polish the consumer expects. The game consumer need to speak with their wallets, or else the industry will continue to take advantage of them. The perfect example is the 3DS. It was priced high, but perhaps too high. The consumer as a whole told nintendo essentially, "that is not right" and spoke with their wallets. What happened? Nintendo ACTUALLY LOWERED THE PRICE. Wait a second, the consumer spoke up and a company listened? Apparently.

Imo, the kids have become so addicted to all things surrounding COD that I bet if the game was released at $99 w/a $9.99/month elite service thing, these kids would still buy it. THAT I find quite sad.

They are speaking with they're wallet. They find Call of Duty fun the way it is and there's nothing wrong with that. If you don't like Call of Duty then go buy something else. Many other games do exist. But there's nothing wrong with people if they all don't agree with you.

They're in it for the fun. Gaming is a hobby to most people. They shouldn't have to worry about weather the industry or their favorite game series "advances". Not everyone is concerned with the philisophy or politics of gaming and there's nothing wrong with that.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
I don't see why it using the Quake 3 engine means that it looks bad. If anything, it's a testament to how great of an engine Id Tech 3 really is. The CoD games may have their problems, but visuals were never one of them. CoD4, MW2, and Black Ops had rock solid visuals at time of their release. It's amazing on how some can't grasp the fact that people have fun with the series.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
They turn a blind eye. IDK why, but they do. I for one can see the flaws of the game quite clearly. Then again, I can find flaws in my favorite games. I'm not one too turn a blind eye, I'm much too good for that.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#45 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I just wish the video would have attacked the gameplay more than the graphics.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

People maybe not complained about the 3DS price, maybe they not event want DS 1.5 with bad 3D effect slapped on it+ lack of games...

Let all CoD haters be hating, it is apparently more people that love CoD to make it the biggest game in the industry. It is not that people cant see these "flaws", it is more like small things that is unimportant to majority of players to make a game fun and entertaining(which is only reason we play games right?).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] Well, it's not like Call of Duty is any more or less harmful to you than any other videogame so the analogy fall slat on it's face. Not to mention if you choose to you can eat healthy at McDonalds. aroxx_ab

People maybe not complained about the 3DS price, maybe they not event want DS 1.5 with bad 3D effect slapped on it+ lack of games...

Let all CoD haters be hating, it is apparently more people that love CoD to make it the biggest game in the industry. It is not that people cant see these "flaws", it is more like small things that is unimportant to majority of players to make a game fun and entertaining(which is only reason we play games right?).

I apologize but I did not understand the majority of your post. What I did gather from it was that it is okay to release yearly rehashes? COD almost holds a Madden esque share of the fps market. Is it okay for sports games to be released every year, that are essentially the same game? I've bought one Madden this gen, last years game. I enjoy it. It is a quality game, but will I buy this years? I really doubt it. Fact of the matter is that COD releases, like them or not, are essentially download content. Wouldn't you rather buy a COD game and have the developer give you a new campaign for say $15-20, with occasionally supplying you with a few new maps/multiplayer features for $5-10?

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
probably because they are having fun with the game....too mad i dont like it as much anymore, but atleast somebody does
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
stopped watching at "The biggest hoax in the game industry". People buy the game because they like it, not because they were tricked into doing so.
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
[QUOTE="somegtalover"]

Call of Duty is not fun.

Ravensmash
Millions of people disagree with you.

This. "Fun" is all upto personal preference. And a majority considers CoD fun. If you don't like it, well, no one's forcing you to buy it. There're loads of other games for you to buy. @OP: Flaws? Flaws in your opinion. Not game breakers for us. None of that gets in the way of some mindless shooting.