How did SONY loose the gaming crown?

• 181 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#51 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Copying Nintendo? :P
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="Heirren"] No, I mean the original. The Xbox brand only got bigger and bigger as time went by that gen, at least in the US. The 360, while more competitive in sales, is actually doing the opposite--diminishing the Xbox brand.

Please....it all made sense til your last statement.....how can the 360 be diminishing the xbox brand while at the same time outselling both the wii and ps3....it is in FACT still getting bigger and bigger as time goes by.....you do realise that the more Kleenex you sell , the more likely you are to have people who hate Kleenex....It's the price to pay for dominance

Because it is growing in an unproven market--the casual one. Nintendo understands this. Even though the wii was a massive success, regaining the core gaming market with wiiu will be a difficult task. The same market that bought the wii will likely not all return to wiiu.

True... but the wii was a phenomenon..an exception to the rule if you will...but Ninty will still maintain their core along with more than a few cauals who will have " graduated " to core status.....whenever you increase your user base , you stand a better chance of bringing them along for the next ride...it used to be 20 years ago that people who knew nothing of videogames would generically refer to those systems such as N 64 or ps1 or 2 as .,..Are you going to play Nintendo ?? or Playstation ?? they would use the brand name to describe the machine ... Nowadays, more often than not, i will hear those same people say ...Are you playing XBOX....the value of this to MS cannot be underestimated
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
I think you mean sales crown. They still have the game crown and they won't lose it anytime soon.
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
[QUOTE="metal_zombie"]

its basically a tie for sony&ms so

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpeg

spiderluck
yup...i'm sure 100 % of athletes at the Olympics would prefer getting gold over silver or bronze, as i'm also sure that same 100 % would prefer getting silver over bronze,,, it's called relativity

I sure your right about olympic athletes too bad they dont hand out silver medals for consoles that tie for second place and that's if you don't count PC sales
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] sounds like you need a new ps3 gamePinnacleGamingP

Nah. Between a new puppy and The Witcher 2 for 360... I'm good.

a true gamer would never turn down a new game

Yet you despise the 360's games...Guess you're not a true gamer. Just an idiot troll fanboy, arbitor.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 spiderluck
I think you mean sales crown. They still have the game crown and they won't lose it anytime soon.themajormayor
LOL...2012...LBP karting...Battle Royale ...Wonderbook...the crown appears to have lost it's sheen ..dull and tarnished if you will...CALL IN THE BUFFERS...Mayor, Heil 68, Ispeakfact, Eddie Vedder, Finalstar......BEGIN BUFFING
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 themajormayor

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Nah. Between a new puppy and The Witcher 2 for 360... I'm good.

clone01

a true gamer would never turn down a new game

Yet you despise the 360's games...Guess you're not a true gamer. Just an idiot troll fanboy, arbitor.

But 360 has no games so that's fallacious reasoning

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]I think you mean sales crown. They still have the game crown and they won't lose it anytime soon.spiderluck
LOL...2012...LBP karting...Battle Royale ...Wonderbook...the crown appears to have lost it's sheen ..dull and tarnished if you will...CALL IN THE BUFFERS...Mayor, Heil 68, Ispeakfact, Eddie Vedder, Finalstar......BEGIN BUFFING

Yeah 2012 is terrible for PS3. Luckily it's even worse for the other consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="spiderluck"] Please....it all made sense til your last statement.....how can the 360 be diminishing the xbox brand while at the same time outselling both the wii and ps3....it is in FACT still getting bigger and bigger as time goes by.....you do realise that the more Kleenex you sell , the more likely you are to have people who hate Kleenex....It's the price to pay for dominance

Because it is growing in an unproven market--the casual one. Nintendo understands this. Even though the wii was a massive success, regaining the core gaming market with wiiu will be a difficult task. The same market that bought the wii will likely not all return to wiiu.

True... but the wii was a phenomenon..an exception to the rule if you will...but Ninty will still maintain their core along with more than a few cauals who will have " graduated " to core status.....whenever you increase your user base , you stand a better chance of bringing them along for the next ride...it used to be 20 years ago that people who knew nothing of videogames would generically refer to those systems such as N 64 or ps1 or 2 as .,..Are you going to play Nintendo ?? or Playstation ?? they would use the brand name to describe the machine ... Nowadays, more often than not, i will hear those same people say ...Are you playing XBOX....the value of this to MS cannot be underestimated

I only agree with the "play Nintendo" terminology. The wii was a risk that paid off financially. I know plenty of people that have a wii that has wiifit in it and is collecting dust. If you read about these forums, you'll notice that even Nintendo fans are very critical of what they are doing. The flip flops of ms is not going to pay off for them next gen. The original Xbox and 360 feel as though they could have been two separate console manufacturers--you have to support and maintain that market. Ms has almost abandoned it, and the games that haven't are plagued by dlc fiascos. Gamers growing up with this think that it is okay because they are young and just think that this is how it works. Sony is part of it too, but they are placing themselves in the best position for next gen. They have a steady stream of games coming out that go along with what the original product intention was. The only worry is the dlc situations--which is why I think wiiu may actually end up being a massive success next gen amongst most gamers.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clone01
But 360 has no games so that's fallacious reasoningthemajormayor
Wow, you're not even a decent troll, pathetic fanboy. Pretty sure the Halo, Gears, and Forza franchises actually count as games. And don't forget XBLA and these things called "multiplats." What's it like to center your miserable sense of self worth around a piece of plastic? But keep trying, you'll reach that golden troll fanboy ring someday.
Avatar image for DrewMcintyre619
DrewMcintyre619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DrewMcintyre619
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] You mean 360 since orignal xbox didn't put a dent in ps2's victory.

No, I mean the original. The Xbox brand only got bigger and bigger as time went by that gen, at least in the US. The 360, while more competitive in sales, is actually doing the opposite--diminishing the Xbox brand.

Please....it all made sense til your last statement.....how can the 360 be diminishing the xbox brand while at the same time outselling both the wii and ps3....it is in FACT still getting bigger and bigger as time goes by.....you do realise that the more Kleenex you sell , the more likely you are to have people who hate Kleenex....It's the price to pay for dominance

what the hell are you on about? did you look at the last quarters shipments? the ps2 not only outshipped the wii it also outshipped the 360, and the ps3 outshipped themboth combined, and this is actually fact, not some made up bs you just said! owned nerd
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 clone01

[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]I think you mean sales crown. They still have the game crown and they won't lose it anytime soon.themajormayor

Yeah 2012 is terrible for PS3. Luckily it's even worse for the other consoles.

Buffing commencing.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 spiderluck
[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="metal_zombie"]

its basically a tie for sony&ms so

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpeg

metal_zombie
yup...i'm sure 100 % of athletes at the Olympics would prefer getting gold over silver or bronze, as i'm also sure that same 100 % would prefer getting silver over bronze,,, it's called relativity

I sure your right about olympic athletes too bad they dont hand out silver medals for consoles that tie for second place and that's if you don't count PC sales

Yeah but that's where you're wrong ...there is no tie ...accept bronze for the ps3...to finish third in a three man race is nothing to be ashamed of ....or is it?
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 spiderluck
[QUOTE="DrewMcintyre619"][QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="Heirren"] No, I mean the original. The Xbox brand only got bigger and bigger as time went by that gen, at least in the US. The 360, while more competitive in sales, is actually doing the opposite--diminishing the Xbox brand.

what the hell are you on about? did you look at the last quarters shipments? the ps2 not only outshipped the wii it also outshipped the 360, and the ps3 outshipped themboth combined, and this is actually fact, not some made up bs you just said! owned nerd

oh you poor delusional pinhead....does Japan numbers comfort you in this hour of trepidation and impending doom for sony...last place really is for losers ...welcome home
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Poor Lems, never have and never will wear a gaming crown LOL

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]But 360 has no games so that's fallacious reasoningclone01
Wow, you're not even a decent troll, pathetic fanboy. Pretty sure the Halo, Gears, and Forza franchises actually count as games. And don't forget XBLA and these things called "multiplats." What's it like to center your miserable sense of self worth around a piece of plastic? But keep trying, you'll reach that golden troll fanboy ring someday.

Not really. That's not games. That's garbage. You're not suppose to play garbage, you're suppose to put it in the trash can.
Avatar image for DrewMcintyre619
DrewMcintyre619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DrewMcintyre619
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="DrewMcintyre619"][QUOTE="spiderluck"] Please....it all made sense til your last statement.....how can the 360 be diminishing the xbox brand while at the same time outselling both the wii and ps3....it is in FACT still getting bigger and bigger as time goes by.....you do realise that the more Kleenex you sell , the more likely you are to have people who hate Kleenex....It's the price to pay for dominance

oh you poor delusional pinhead....does Japan numbers comfort you in this hour of trepidation and impending doom for sony...last place really is for losers ...welcome home

Once again you have nothing, this isn't japanese numbers this is worldwide shipments, microsoft even said they shipped 1.1m 360 units worldwide and sony even said they shipped 1.1m ps2 units worldwide and 1.8m ps3 units worldwide :lol: :lol: lems cant even claim sales anymore because ps3 is smashing the 2012 console sales :lol: :lol: the gap shrunk from 3.3m at the start of the year to less then 2.5m :lol: not long before xbox is in last, and the funny thing is xbox is only just outselling the ps3 in it's homeland america :lol: even you yanks are starting to release the power of the playstation :lol:
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 clone01
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]But 360 has no games so that's fallacious reasoningthemajormayor

Not really. That's not games. That's garbage. You're not suppose to play garbage, you're suppose to put it in the trash can.

Gamers and critics would disagree with you, pathetic fanboy. But keep trolling. And you didn't answer my question.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 themajormayor
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="clone01"] Wow, you're not even a decent troll, pathetic fanboy. Pretty sure the Halo, Gears, and Forza franchises actually count as games. And don't forget XBLA and these things called "multiplats." What's it like to center your miserable sense of self worth around a piece of plastic? But keep trying, you'll reach that golden troll fanboy ring someday.

Gamers and critics would disagree with you, pathetic fanboy. But keep trolling. And you didn't answer my question.

So you base your entire argument on Argumentum ad Populum? They are definitely garbage then. It feels good.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 clone01

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Not really. That's not games. That's garbage. You're not suppose to play garbage, you're suppose to put it in the trash can.themajormayor

So you base your entire argument on Argumentum ad Populum? They are definitely garbage then. It feels good.

So you base your entire argument on your opinion? You are definitely an idiot fanboy then. I thought your trolling was coming along, but you seem to be slipping. Takes years of training, and at least 4 or 5 accounts. You're only on your second, so I'll cut you some slack, pathetic fanboy.

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 spiderluck
[QUOTE="DrewMcintyre619"][QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="DrewMcintyre619"] what the hell are you on about? did you look at the last quarters shipments? the ps2 not only outshipped the wii it also outshipped the 360, and the ps3 outshipped themboth combined, and this is actually fact, not some made up bs you just said! owned nerd

Once again you have nothing, this isn't japanese numbers this is worldwide shipments, microsoft even said they shipped 1.1m 360 units worldwide and sony even said they shipped 1.1m ps2 units worldwide and 1.8m ps3 units worldwide :lol: :lol: lems cant even claim sales anymore because ps3 is smashing the 2012 console sales :lol: :lol: the gap shrunk from 3.3m at the start of the year to less then 2.5m :lol: not long before xbox is in last, and the funny thing is xbox is only just outselling the ps3 in it's homeland america :lol: even you yanks are starting to release the power of the playstation :lol:

Release the Kraken.....lol...another " just wait " rant from a fool in denial....oh and while you're at it ask sony to bail out Greece ok...or should it be the other way around
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
[QUOTE="spiderluck"] Yeah but that's where you're wrong ...there is no tie ...accept bronze for the ps3...to finish third in a three man race is nothing to be ashamed of ....or is it?

The xbox has sold what a couple million more than the PS3 with that one year lead you need to take that into account. Its had more time sell I think we will have a better understanding of where these console are in the standings once this gen is over and we see the final numbers.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="clone01"] Gamers and critics would disagree with you, pathetic fanboy. But keep trolling. And you didn't answer my question.clone01

So you base your entire argument on your opinion? You are definitely an idiot fanboy then. I thought your trolling was coming along, but you seem to be slipping. Takes years of training, and at least 4 or 5 accounts. You're only on your second, so I'll cut you some slack, pathetic fanboy.

My opinion>>>>opinion of hillbilly plebs as yourself

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Sorry, but nothing you can say can dispute the fact that Sony isn't the dominant force they once were. Oddly enough, the ps3 is doing the same thing the original Xbox was back in its time.spiderluck
thats funny, cuz gamespot just said sony is 1st place in revenue, thats a pretty dominating brand right there, and ill take that article over a charizard thread

First place in revenue...last in profits.....how exactly does that work....oh well....i'm sure your accounting wizardry will see them thru this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOUR SO MAD AT GAMESPOT AHAHAHA :lol:
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="DrewMcintyre619"][QUOTE="spiderluck"] oh you poor delusional pinhead....does Japan numbers comfort you in this hour of trepidation and impending doom for sony...last place really is for losers ...welcome homespiderluck

Release the Kraken.....lol...another " just wait " rant from a fool in denial....oh and while you're at it ask sony to bail out Greece ok...or should it be the other way around

but it's true man. The Xbox is ahead of the PS3 for only like 1.5 millions. By the end of this year there's a high chance the PS3 will be ahead of the Xbox.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Hardware/Global/

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 spiderluck
[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] thats funny, cuz gamespot just said sony is 1st place in revenue, thats a pretty dominating brand right there, and ill take that article over a charizard threadPinnacleGamingP
First place in revenue...last in profits.....how exactly does that work....oh well....i'm sure your accounting wizardry will see them thru this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOUR SO MAD AT GAMESPOT AHAHAHA :lol:

Why would i be mad at Gamespot Pineapple ...Sony did have more revenue ...what your pinhead is unable to distinguish is the difference between revenue and profit..making last place an appropriate place for you
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 spiderluck

[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="DrewMcintyre619"] Once again you have nothing, this isn't japanese numbers this is worldwide shipments, microsoft even said they shipped 1.1m 360 units worldwide and sony even said they shipped 1.1m ps2 units worldwide and 1.8m ps3 units worldwide :lol: :lol: lems cant even claim sales anymore because ps3 is smashing the 2012 console sales :lol: :lol: the gap shrunk from 3.3m at the start of the year to less then 2.5m :lol: not long before xbox is in last, and the funny thing is xbox is only just outselling the ps3 in it's homeland america :lol: even you yanks are starting to release the power of the playstation :lol:Gue1

but it's true man. The Xbox is ahead of the PS3 for only like 1.5 millions. By the end of this year there's a high chance the PS3 will be ahead of the Xbox.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Hardware/Global/

Really man??...last year , same story...and when Black Friday and Christmas rolled around all those gains the ps3 made were wiped out ...This Christmas will probably be a bloodbath for sony...Battle Royale ..Wonderbook vs Halo ..Gears ...Forza not to mention a probable price drop....But if releasing the Kraken can be of any help to sony then by all means....RELEASE THE KRAKEN
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#78 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Sony never lost the gaming crown, they are still number 1 in the console world when it comes to games and quality. In terms of sales they are neck and neck with the 360, most games sell around the same on both, so there isn't a wide margin. But the PS3 still beats it in graphics, free online, cost (it's cheaper), blu ray, and exclusives. Overall the PS3 is the superior system.

But to answer your question, Sony made the PS3 really powerful which is part of the reason why it was so expensive at launch. A lot of people couldn't afford a PS3 so the went with 360 instead, a lot of 360 only owners had a PS2 last gen.

They only went with 360 this gen because their mommy and daddy wouldn't buy a PS3, or they were adults with lower income levels and could not afford one. So you see, they don't really like 360 more, they don't have a preference, they never got to choose.

So now they are all jealous of the PS3, that's why they are so angry all the time. They all want one, but they won't buy a PS3 because they can't afford a second console. So they have to try and down play it so they won't feel insecure about their console anymore.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 clone01

[QUOTE="clone01"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] So you base your entire argument on Argumentum ad Populum? They are definitely garbage then. It feels good.themajormayor

Not really, you've consistently proven bias, which lends your opinion very little credibility. And do you even know what a hillbilly is? Hint: I'm not one. Its really more of an identification people in certain regions. Keep trying on that trolling, though. You'll eventually be up there with loosingidiot and ispeakfact. Something that you'd be proud of, for some reason.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#80 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

360 released first and the Wii was unique and something that drew in non gamers like the 360 and PS3 just couldn't do.

I believe that if the 360 and PS3 released at the same time, the PS3 would've outsold the 360 by a small margin worldwide. But neither could stop the Wii. Just my opinion.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Thread is now done, please learn to spell "lose" correctly.

This
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 spiderluck

Sony never lost the gaming crown, they are still number 1 in the console world when it comes to games and quality. In terms of sales they are neck and neck with the 360, most games sell around the same on both, so there isn't a wide margin. But the PS3 still beats it in graphics, free online, cost (it's cheaper), blu ray, and exclusives. Overall the PS3 is the superior system.

But to answer your question, Sony made the PS3 really powerful which is part of the reason why it was so expensive at launch. A lot of people couldn't afford a PS3 so the went with 360 instead, a lot of 360 only owners had a PS2 last gen.

They only went with 360 this gen because their mommy and daddy wouldn't buy a PS3, or they were adults with lower income levels and could not afford one. So you see, they don't really like 360 more, they don't have a preference, they never got to choose.

So now they are all jealous of the PS3, that's why they are so angry all the time. They all want one, but they won't buy a PS3 because they can't afford a second console. So they have to try and down play it so they won't feel insecure about their console anymore.

ShadowMoses900
But Mosey weren't you the same two faced drone arguing at one time that the 360 was in fact more expensive than the ps3....want to be taken seriously? begin by being consistent
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
The Wii took the casuals, and they priced it so high that the Xbox was able to pick up a bunch of their customers as well. When you could buy a Wii and an Xbox 360 for the same price as a PS3 I don't know why you would ever pick the PS3.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 spiderluck
The Wii took the casuals, and they priced it so high that the Xbox was able to pick up a bunch of their customers as well. When you could buy a Wii and an Xbox 360 for the same price as a PS3 I don't know why you would ever pick the PS3.dragonball3900
Elitist wannabes and Final Fantasy nerds and their ilk have struggled long and hard to remain relevant ...All for naught, as the once mighty emperor of gaming exits stage left into jesterland
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

ShadowMoses900
wall of opinions trying to pass them as facts..sorry brah go back to your basement.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#86 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

spiderluck

But Mosey weren't you the same two faced drone arguing at one time that the 360 was in fact more expensive than the ps3....want to be taken seriously? begin by being consistent

At launch on face value the 360 was cheaper, but it did end up costing more overall with all the things you had to buy for it.

Launch PS3-$600

Launch 360-$400

But in order to get your full 360 experience you had to buy some things

WIFI adapter-$100

XBL for 3 years-$150 (XBL was cheaper back then)

That brings the 360 up to $650. It goes over a grand if you kept paying for XBL or upgreded the hard drive (lol 20GB). Also factor in to those who also upgraded to the 360 slim to stop getting the RROD recently, and you have a system that costs over a thousand dollars.

PS3 you just buy it and that's it. No other costs associated with it.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

At launch on face value the 360 was cheaper, but it did end up costing more overall with all the things you had to buy for it.

Launch PS3-$600

Launch 360-$400

WIFI adapter-$100

That brings the 360 up to $650. It goes over a grand if you kept paying for XBL or upgreded the hard drive (lol 20GB). Also factor in to those who also upgraded to the 360 slim to stop getting the RROD recently, and you have a system that costs over a thousand dollars.

PS3

What about YLOD?
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#88 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="spiderluck"] But Mosey weren't you the same two faced drone arguing at one time that the 360 was in fact more expensive than the ps3....want to be taken seriously? begin by being consistentMonsieurX

Launch PS3-$600

Launch 360-$400

WIFI adapter-$100

PS3

What about YLOD?

PS3 has less than 10% failure rate. YLOD is just a name Xbox fanboys gave it to make it appears like the failure rate was as massive as the RRoD but it's not even close.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
You can buy cheaper and better blu-rays now.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#90 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Launch PS3-$600

Launch 360-$400

WIFI adapter-$100

PS3

Gue1

What about YLOD?

PS3 has less than 10% failure rate. YLOD is just a name Xbox fanboys gave it to make it appears like the failure rate was as massive as the RRoD but it's not even close.

More like there are only 10% of the original phat PS3s that haven't had the YLoD, but whatever makes you feel better about your purchase.

Any link to that magic 10% you quote?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Launch PS3-$600

Launch 360-$400

WIFI adapter-$100

PS3

Gue1

What about YLOD?

Don't know where you got that number
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#92 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Sony never lost the gaming crown, they are still number 1 in my heart!

ShadowMoses900

fixed...

And we know man.

ShadowMoses900

:lol:

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="clone01"] So you base your entire argument on your opinion? You are definitely an idiot fanboy then. I thought your trolling was coming along, but you seem to be slipping. Takes years of training, and at least 4 or 5 accounts. You're only on your second, so I'll cut you some slack, pathetic fanboy.

clone01

Not really, you've consistently proven bias, which lends your opinion very little credibility. And do you even know what a hillbilly is? Hint: I'm not one. Its really more of an identification people in certain regions. Keep trying on that trolling, though. You'll eventually be up there with loosingidiot and ispeakfact. Something that you'd be proud of, for some reason.

How have I proven bias? Of course you're a hillbilly. You don't even understand the concept of colloquialism.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 spiderluck

ShadowMoses900

Launch PS3-$600

Launch 360-$400

WIFI adapter-$100

So if mommy and daddy were the least bit intelligent according to you they would of bought their kids ps3's....case closed
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

ShadowMoses900

Launch PS3-$600

Launch 360-$400

WIFI adapter-$100

I believe your fanboy math is ... off.

Launch PS3 = $600

Monster HDMI Cable (because it didn't come with an HD/type Cable) = $50

3 Blu Ray Movies a yr (which is minimal.. Besides what's the use of buying a BD player if you don't buy movies to go along with it) = $75 ($25 a piece)

PSN+ = $50 a yr (for 2 yrs)

That equals.. $775 on the low end.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#96 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

ShadowMoses900

You really are dlusional. Fact is, the PS3 is in third place in numerous areas. In sales, software sales AND quantity of quality games, it gets beat by the 360. Not to mention its aging UI, regurgitated controller and inferior online, its just not as appealing as the PS2 and PS1 were. The 360 has it beat.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

PS1, 100+ millions. PS2, 100+ millions. PS3... Third place. How did this happen?Second_Hokage

It's pretty sad, I used to hate Sony when they bulldozed Ninty with the PS1 (and stole the FF series). Then when the PS2 came out it was like they were unstoppable. I guess everyone drops the ball eventually. Ninty looked to unstoppable with the NES and SNES too. I guess in the gaming world third time is not a charm!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 themajormayor

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

RR360DD

You really are dlusional. Fact is, the PS3 is in third place in numerous areas. In sales, software sales AND quantity of quality games, it gets beat by the 360. Not to mention its aging UI, regurgitated controller and inferior online, its just not as appealing as the PS2 and PS1 were. The 360 has it beat.

Depends. Irrelevant in any case.

Proof?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#99 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

themajormayor

Proof?

Its not needed. Every place where you look for full lists show more games on 360. Why dont you prove him wrong?

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 spiderluck
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]

themajormayor

How have I proven bias? Of course you're a hillbilly. You don't even understand the concept of colloquialism.

How have I proven bias??....LOL...LOL...Comedy gold man...You are the king of one-liners...That's right up there with...When you were born , the doctor slapped your mother....aaaahhhh you never disappoint Mayor