How did Call of Duty 3 (X360) outscore R:FOM?

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="advertise_this"]cause its a better game ... Riverwolf007

It is not. I have already pointed out the differences, how can you say that?

If you read both reviews the points you make are not supported. RFOM was called out for its mediocre visual design, derivitive gameplay and its lack of online options.

But hey this is SW where opinion = fact. 

R:tfom has more options the COD3 online.Only thing about COD3 is 4 ppl can play online on 1 360.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Micro$pot.com is getting millions in order to Underscore PS3 Killer APPSSasuke_kun_ps3
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, they could use that money to secure exclusives!!
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]Frankly, RFOM deserves around 7.2 (IMHO). MasterChief1013

..support your opinion with facts. :|

why? cows never support their opinions with facts. It's always their opinion > facts...:lol:
darklight86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 darklight86
Member since 2006 • 1834 Posts

Both games FPS, both games reviewed AFTER Gears of War.

R:FOM

It has a better single player campaign.

It has better graphics.

It has bigger & better online component.

It has better guns.

Call of Duty 3

It has vehicles in online modes.

It has better sound.

So how exactly did Call of Duty 3 outscore R:FOM? It could be that Greg Kasavin is a tougher reviewer than Aaron Thomas. But come on....

KeyWii

All those points you made? They are your opinion, not fact. Reviews are opinions too. Get over it.

Ad_bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ad_bad
Member since 2003 • 1453 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]could it be a....*gasp* better title?proof11102

Classic lemming responce...

So That means TonyHawk3 for PS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every game ever made for xbox and xbox360.  I mean since according to the logic you're using... *gasp* GS is never wrong?

wtf where did he say that :|
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
Casey, you will always defend the GameSpot reviews -- no matter what -- you will never second guess or question the reviews. I wouldn't if I were in your shoes either. But without a history of ever asking "why" or other critique of GS reviews, should we really be looking to you for the end-all-be-all judicator to this sort of discussion?KeyWii

i'm not defending their review and i rarely agree with them. i was just looking at what you said.
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

I'ev played about 6 hours of Resistance, and about 5 of COD3.

I would rate them:

Resistance: 86% (The GS score was spot-on in my opinion)

COD3: 80%

Both are good games - neither are fantastic. I enjoyed what I played of Resistance slightly more, COD3 did little to nothing to distance itself from COD2. Resistance did little or nothing to distance itself from the games it copied (Halo, COD, Half Life.) I felt like I've played it all before.

Both good if not great. Neither are 9.0+ games. Not good enough.

Again, this is all opinion. My post is obviously my own - and believe it or not *gasp* the official reviewers of those games also have them.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

It has better graphics.

It has better guns.

Call of Duty 3

It has better sound.

So how exactly did Call of Duty 3 outscore R:FOM? It could be that Greg Kasavin is a tougher reviewer than Aaron Thomas. But come on....

KeyWii
Because it's a better game.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]could it be a....*gasp* better title?donut349

So That means TonyHawk3 for PS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every game ever made for xbox and xbox360. I mean since according to the logic you're using... *gasp* GS is never wrong?

Thats afanboy response nooblet, He just doesn't understand the point of standards just yet.

uh when I say "lemming responce" it basically encompasses many things and a fanoy is one of the least things that is included, but I konw where you're comming from if you are a pro xbox fan and not just a moronic fanboy like the majority here on this board.  But there are so few of those (intelligent) kinds of xbox fans that I don't even try to make distinction anymore.  If you are one and If I've offended you with my generalization...I appoligize.  :)

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

It has better graphics.

It has better guns.

Call of Duty 3

It has better sound.

KeyWii

No and No.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
Both games FPS, both games reviewed KeyWii
Ever think that its just a better game? If you were a paid reviewer all Sony games would get 10's :lol:
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]could it be a....*gasp* better title?Ad_bad

So That means TonyHawk3 for PS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every game ever made for xbox and xbox360.  I mean since according to the logic you're using... *gasp* GS is never wrong?

wtf where did he say that :|

Basically Keywii is arguing the how the score of RFOM that GameSpot gave it is lower than COD3.  Dreams-visions suggests that this is because it's better title...so, using that same logic I suggest to him and all you xbox fans that TH3 for PS2 is better than every game ever produced on a MS sysem because GameSpot gave it a perfect score, and no game on the xbox or xbox360 received a 10. 

That post serves two purposes.

1.  Using the same logic he's trying to use to simply troll and be a fanboy he can be owned in the same way.

2. To point out the idiocy of quantify the value of one game to another simply based off the flawed logic of the reviewers here on GS.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Basically Keywii is arguing the how the score of RFOM that GameSpot gave it is lower than COD3. Dreams-visions suggests that this is because it's better title...so, using that same logic I suggest to him and all you xbox fans that TH3 for PS2 is better than every game ever produced on a MS sysem because GameSpot gave it a perfect score, and no game on the xbox or xbox360 received a 10.

That post serves two purposes.

1. Using the same logic he's trying to use to simply troll and be a fanboy he can be owned in the same way.

2. To point out the idiocy of quantify the value of one game to another simply based off the flawed logic of the reviewers here on GS.

proof11102

So let me understand this. Because Keywii doesnt agree with the review, the "Paid and Experienced Veteran Reviewers" logic is flawed? What puts him or you in a position to make a comment based on the fact that neither one of you "Professionally" review games? He doesnt agree with the review, oh well. Ill take a GS reviewers opinion on a game even If I dont agree, and especially before I entertain some of the......"people" on sw's.  :roll:
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="Jhonie_Fklits25"]COD3 got the score it did because it was a great game that improved upon COD2 so much that it warrented a higher score then Resistance, which is great, but overhyped.ragrdoll21
COD3....was a big dissapointment.Every one who has the game feels the same way....PS3 or 360 version.

Yeah right dude, please go somewhere else with ridiculous statements like this...