How cloud computing could help Xbone and mobile gaming

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This is all interesting future tech. I can see it really coming to be on the Next Xbox. The ground work could be laid out this gen to get started.

Yes it is. The market right now is not willing to accept and always-on console. But, in 5-10 years, that will probably change.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8158 Posts

@StormyJoe: agreed.. I will say that the market is definitely willing to accept always-online games though. Destiny, Titanfall, and The Division show that people are indeed excited about a game that's always online, just not necessarily a console that's always online..

That being said, if Microsoft can apply their cloud processing technology to an online-only game like Destiny, then there's really no issues. If there's no internet connection, you won't be playing Destiny at all anyway. And if your connection is crappy when playing Destiny, your overall experience will be crappy anyway.. Offloading AI in the original Titanfall, was potentially only the beginning if the rumors surrounding the new Crackdown are true..

And for those fanboys who were screaming "no parity", what if Titanfall 2 and/or Destiny 2 had AI, physics, and other graphical effects that were exclusive to the Xbox One version due to their cloud processing servers and tech?.. Should the devs gimp the Xbone version in order to maintain parity with the inferior PS4?.. lol, just kidding, but that is a little food for thought if Microsoft has some true surprises awaiting at E3 in terms of the cloud.. And speaking of E3, Microsoft better blow our socks off with a Crackdown cloud processing demo or they just need to never mention "the cloud" ever again in my opinion.. the time is now..

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@magicalclick: It's been a while since I saw the building demo and didn't remember it being player caused, though I suppose that makes sense.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@StormyJoe said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

This is all interesting future tech. I can see it really coming to be on the Next Xbox. The ground work could be laid out this gen to get started.

Yes it is. The market right now is not willing to accept and always-on console. But, in 5-10 years, that will probably change.

You mean always online or always on?

If you meant always online, I never thought that was the problem. Was more along the line of no online no work (as well as the DRM crap).

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 StormyJoe

@Chutebox said:
@StormyJoe said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

You mean always online or always on?

If you meant always online, I never thought that was the problem. Was more along the line of no online no work (as well as the DRM crap).

Always online. I thought that was the main complaint about the XB1?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@StormyJoe: I think it was the"DRM" and the inability to play games if not online (say if there is an Internet outage)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@StormyJoe said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

I wouldnt of minded that, but I dont want any console maker to decide what I can or cant do with my physical media.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 StormyJoe

@Chutebox said:

@StormyJoe: I think it was the"DRM" and the inability to play games if not online (say if there is an Internet outage)

That could be. There was so much XB1 hate when the consoles were launching, to be honest, I phased a lot of it out. LOL!!!