HOME to be released November 19th

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

[QUOTE="Hitman533"]Unlike the NXE, Playstation Home will get updated frequently so Home will keep growing very fast while the NXE maybe only once or twice a year. Once Home becomes a success, just give M$ 1 or 2 years to come with a Home ripoff like they always do with their products.comeonthehoops

How do you know NXE won't be updated frequently?

If you're going to talk about rip offs, then we can discuss Sony's rip offs of Acheivements or motion control... Every company steals ideas from eachother if they're successful. Get used to it and stop being such a fanboy.

Link

Maybe twice a year mayve less

stappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 stappy
Member since 2004 • 611 Posts

Unlike the NXE, Playstation Home will get updated frequently so Home will keep growing very fast while the NXE maybe only once or twice a year. Once Home becomes a success, just give M$ 1 or 2 years to come with a Home ripoff like they always do with their products.Hitman533

HOME wont become a success. It's a ripoff from Second Life. It looks like Second Life, it plays like Second Life, and it's just as stupid as Second Life. And for your information, Microsoft updates the dashboard about 7 - 10 times a year. Sony has ripped off every single part of their network from Microsoft up untill now.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Some members.

killzowned24
That chart is really old.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 heretrix
Unlike the NXE, Playstation Home will get updated frequently so Home will keep growing very fast while the NXE maybe only once or twice a year. Once Home becomes a success, just give M$ 1 or 2 years to come with a Home ripoff like they always do with their products.Hitman533
LOL. You think HOME is original.
ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#55 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
so they have a release date, well i hope this is the actual one and no more delays.
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#56 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

[QUOTE="Hitman533"]Unlike the NXE, Playstation Home will get updated frequently so Home will keep growing very fast while the NXE maybe only once or twice a year. Once Home becomes a success, just give M$ 1 or 2 years to come with a Home ripoff like they always do with their products.comeonthehoops

If you're going to talk about rip offs, then we can discuss Sony's rip offs of Acheivements or motion control... Every company steals ideas from eachother if they're successful. Get used to it and stop being such a fanboy.

Let's not forget Sony's rip off of The Sims Online with Home as well.

Edit: Also the NXE isn't supposed to be something like what Home is attempting to do (which to me seems to be a way to market towards a more casual gamer by the way) and shouldn't need constant updates and changes. I think that the NXE goes in one direction while Home goes in a completely different direction in terms. Yes the overall goal is the same but how both companies went about it are completely different. I personally don't see Home being anything groundbreaking or overly having a drastic impact on things either, seems to be just a virtual chatroom with a Sims like setup.

ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

the inquirer? :|FragTycoon

Home?:|

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]the inquirer? :|ShamrockRovers

Home?:|

Best response of this thread.
Avatar image for PrinceofSarcasm
PrinceofSarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PrinceofSarcasm
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

is it just me, or are other people happy with the current XBL and PSN?clone01

Home isnt going to replace the psn its just another part of it. Its not like ps3 users will have to use it like the 360 will the new xbox experance

Avatar image for PrinceofSarcasm
PrinceofSarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PrinceofSarcasm
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts
[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]

[QUOTE="Hitman533"]Unlike the NXE, Playstation Home will get updated frequently so Home will keep growing very fast while the NXE maybe only once or twice a year. Once Home becomes a success, just give M$ 1 or 2 years to come with a Home ripoff like they always do with their products.kejigoto

Let's not forget Sony's rip off of The Sims Online with Home as well.

Edit: Also the NXE isn't supposed to be something like what Home is attempting to do (which to me seems to be a way to market towards a more casual gamer by the way) and shouldn't need constant updates and changes. I think that the NXE goes in one direction while Home goes in a completely different direction in terms. Yes the overall goal is the same but how both companies went about it are completely different. I personally don't see Home being anything groundbreaking or overly having a drastic impact on things either, seems to be just a virtual chatroom with a Sims like setup.

Sony never ripped of motion contol it was even used n the ps1, and skill points have always existed in most games so I guess achevments are a rip.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 heretrix

[QUOTE="clone01"]is it just me, or are other people happy with the current XBL and PSN?PrinceofSarcasm

Home isnt going to replace the psn its just another part of it. Its not like ps3 users will have to use it like the 360 will the new xbox experance

HOME isn't part of PSN at all. It's a completely separate piece of software.It's nothing like Xbox live at all.XBL is intergrated into the 360 user interface completely..
Gamergirl9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gamergirl9
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Sweet! Same day as the new Xbox 360 dashboard.
Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
why the h*** are people comparing nxe to Home!? Home is at a much higher level and completely more emersive. nxe is more comprable to Mii >_>
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

why the h*** are people comparing nxe to Home!? Home is at a much higher level and completely more emersive. nxe is more comprable to Mii >_>Rafinator

exactly. NXE seems rushed. Plus I think its to compete with the wii, not the ps3.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

why the h*** are people comparing nxe to Home!? Home is at a much higher level and completely more emersive. nxe is more comprable to Mii >_>Rafinator

What? NXE is the new 360 interface, Home will not replace the XMB. It'll just be an application you can load up and use, a big waste of time if you ask me.

stappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#66 stappy
Member since 2004 • 611 Posts

How is it anything like Mii's? Home(Or it's real name: Second Life 1.5) is just a chat room. Nothing more.

pi3m4ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 pi3m4ster
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts
hm I WONDER WHY
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
I really don't think you can compare an application on a system to an overhaul of a system. Both will serve their respective purposes and add features to the console, but comparing the 2 as if they are the same is ridiculous. Adding a room to your house isn't the same as getting your bathroom remodeled.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Have people forgotten what website this is?

Finally :D Take note everyone, this is the day PSN >>> XBL

PS_John
Youre still around, pretty infamous person you are:P
Gta3-fan334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gta3-fan334
Member since 2004 • 1499 Posts

[QUOTE="Rafinator"]why the h*** are people comparing nxe to Home!? Home is at a much higher level and completely more emersive. nxe is more comprable to Mii >_>stappy

How is it anything like Mii's? Home(Or it's real name: Second Life 1.5) is just a chat room. Nothing more.

I think he was comparing NXE Avatars to Miis. However, you don't have to use Avatars.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"]

Some members.

heretrix

That chart is really old.

Cool ATLUS. Also people calling home and NXE orginal really need to take a look around.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17461 Posts
Im in the HOME beta and it SUCKS (IMO of course) I dont know why all the hardcore sony fanboys say it isnt a Second Life ripoff because thats exactly what it feels like. Im starting to think that the ones who say that havent even tried second life. Home was NOT like Sony said it would be and you guys know it. After the initial 2hrs or so exploring, its just seems.....pointless......just like Second life and thats why that died!! I know its free and so i shouldnt really be complaining, but im just tired of the blind following and defending of sony after all they do to undermine us. I Love my PS3 just like the next man, but come on you guys, you have a brain, and it wasnt made by SONY!!!