Holy mother of shovelware

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

I know that the Ratchet and Clank series is pretty much irrelevant but this made me sad i just found on ebay a lot of 50 secret agent clank copies for PSP all factory sealed, this is the first time in my life i've come across such a depressing attempt to clear stock of unsold games.

I could post the link but i'd rather not because thats beside the point, has anyone here seen such a big amount of sealed copies of one particular game stacked up for sale? I've seen it bad with madden and other sports games but never this bad,

#2 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

That is a great story.

Please, post the link, or a screenshot.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -

That is a great story.

psymon100
#4 Posted by lawlessx (46558 posts) -

.......whats this thread about again?

#5 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -
[QUOTE="psymon100"]

That is a great story.

Blabadon

#6 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
you should know better then that...post a damn link.
#7 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Shovelware?

#8 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

Shovelware?

Michael0134567
To me secret agent clank is nothing but a cheap ass spin off, worthless whatsoever and to some extent i consider it shovelware.
#9 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

lawlessx
you should know better then that...post a damn link.LP4EVA2005
If i post the link to the damn thing then i'm advertising it and thats not what i intended.

lawlessx
Shovelware and games so worthless that you can find piles of unsold copies of them for sale at retailers or the internet.
#10 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Shovelware?

AgentA-Mi6
To me secret agent clank is nothing but a cheap ass spin off, worthless whatsoever and to some extent i consider it shovelware.

So we're using your opinion, and it's not even completely shovelware in that? Why was this thread made again?[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"] Shovelware and games so worthless that you can find piles of unsold copies of them for sale at retailers or the internet.

If this is the reason this thread was made, then wow, this is absolutely terrible. 2/10 TC.
#11 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

Link or it didn't happen.

#12 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -
If this is the reason this thread was made, then wow, this is absolutely terrible. 2/10 TC.Blabadon
Maybe I should make a thread about the Ps3 or 360 actually winning this gen somehow,one trashing vita because its selling less than the 3Ds or better yet, claiming that a PS3 or 360 game is the graphics King . Or flat out trolling everyone with Jelly or Domination continuation, if thats what youre into then suit yourself cause theres plenty. Im just sharing what I found because I had never seen anything like it before, a game so underwhelming that you can find a lot of 50 brand new copies for sale.
#13 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

50RachetClanks.jpg

I'm helping.

#14 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

Crossel777

KGrHqFpME9o29-hrBPlCyF6Ww60_12_zps2585ed

I'm not posting the link. But, here is the picture.

#15 Posted by wis3boi (31115 posts) -

*yawn*

#16 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]If this is the reason this thread was made, then wow, this is absolutely terrible. 2/10 TC.AgentA-Mi6
Maybe I should make a thread about the Ps3 or 360 actually winning this gen somehow,one trashing vita because its selling less than the 3Ds or better yet, claiming that a PS3 or 360 game is the graphics King . Or flat out trolling everyone with Jelly or Domination continuation, if thats what youre into then suit yourself cause theres plenty. Im just sharing what I found because I had never seen anything like it before, a game so underwhelming that you can find a lot of 50 brand new copies for sale.

Then blog it. This is a sorry excuse for a thread and so are the ones you listed in your post. What's wrong with a guy buying 50 of a game? And why is it then shovelware? Why not make this thread focused on the game instead of having a vague goal in mind that's explained amazingly poorly? Why do I keep responding to this terrible thread?
#17 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

*yawn*

wis3boi
Secret agent clank domination continuation!!!!!!!!
#18 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Then blog it. This is a sorry excuse for a thread and so are the ones you listed in your post. What's wrong with a guy buying 50 of a game? And why is it then shovelware? Why not make this thread focused on the game instead of having a vague goal in mind that's explained amazingly poorly? Why do I keep responding to this terrible thread?

Because you have nothing better to do than responding to what youve strongly accused of being a pointless thread? You're free to leave whenever you want.
#19 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] Then blog it. This is a sorry excuse for a thread and so are the ones you listed in your post. What's wrong with a guy buying 50 of a game? And why is it then shovelware? Why not make this thread focused on the game instead of having a vague goal in mind that's explained amazingly poorly? Why do I keep responding to this terrible thread?

Because you have nothing better to do than responding to what youve strongly accused of being a pointless thread? You're free to leave whenever you want.

You're right, I really don't. It's fun seeing how bad this thread is.
#20 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

That's the PSP for you.

It had, by far, the worst software attach ratio for any console of last gen. Piracy was so rampant on the system.

#21 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

That's the PSP for you.

It had, by far, the worst software attach ratio for any console of last gen. Piracy was so rampant on the system.

Ly_the_Fairy
i can find loads of games across different platforms with a ton of unopened copies, hell i can find you tons of unopened copies of halo 4 and black ops 2, this thread is irrelevant as hell
#22 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

That's the PSP for you.

Ly_the_Fairy

I know right, I remember walking in at a random GameStop and seeing about 15 copies of Nadden NFL 2008 but that was used copies, not brand new. The PSP had it bad. I barely play mine anymore and thats a shame, Patapon was a brilliant game for starters and there are many underappreciated gems on the system.

#23 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

That's the PSP for you.

AgentA-Mi6

I know right, I remember walking in at a random GameStop and seeing about 15 copies of Nadden NFL 2008 but that was used copies, not brand new. The PSP had it bad. I barely play mine anymore and thats a shame, Patapon was a brilliant game for starters and there are many underappreciated gems on the system.

Maybe because it's Madden 08. God this thread keeps on getting worse.
#24 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

lol tc is a fool

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24898 posts) -

wasn't that game crap anyway? lol

#26 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

AgentA-Mi6

You posted the pic from ebay... :lol: Not that it may matter much, but their went my opinon of you as a poster.

#27 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="Crossel777"]

HarlockJC

You posted the pic from ebay... :lol: Not that it may matter much, but their went my opinon of you as a poster.

This thread is horrible. That should be where it went first.
#28 Posted by 2Chalupas (5014 posts) -
Was it an individual seller or a place like Newegg? Because they put their stuff on ebay all the time, and obviously they are dealing in hundreds of quantities. I've bought a few $10-15 clearance games from them off of ebay before - it's just like using the newegg website except you go through ebay - pay with paypal - and get an ebay feeback.. If it's an individual seller, I would just be wondering how in the heck they got their hands on so many copies. Although I will admit when I find super-amazing deals that I know I can flip on ebay, I will get as many as 5 copies to flip. 5 is about the max I would want to deal with though. I couldn't imagine having an "inventory" of 50 of anything LOL.
#29 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

HarlockJC

I'm not linking from eBay, but that's the picture used by the seller.

Why exactly Im I getting the hostile replies, yes it may be a pointless thread but the discussions here are generally pointless one way or another. Aside from the occasional leak stolen from gaf or Japanese boards theres hardly any meaningful information shared on SW, ever.

#30 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

AgentA-Mi6

I'm not linking from eBay, but that's the picture used by the seller.

Why exactly Im I getting the hostile replies, yes it may be a pointless thread but the discussions here are generally pointless one way or another. Aside from the occasional leak stolen from gaf or Japanese boards theres hardly any meaningful information shared on SW, ever.

So you admit it's pointless. And call these replies hostile. And use other threads as justification for this horrible thread. Oh god, it keeps getting worse man. Just stop.
#31 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

those probably "fell off the truck"

#32 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

Was it an individual seller or a place like Newegg? Because they put their stuff on ebay all the time, and obviously they are dealing in hundreds of quantities. I've bought a few $10-15 clearance games from them off of ebay before - it's just like using the newegg website except you go through ebay - pay with paypal - and get an ebay feeback.. If it's an individual seller, I would just be wondering how in the heck they got their hands on so many copies. Although I will admit when I find super-amazing deals that I know I can flip on ebay, I will get as many as 5 copies to flip. 5 is about the max I would want to deal with though. I couldn't imagine having an "inventory" of 50 of anything LOL. 2Chalupas

Its a place apparently, they're trying to get rid of their stock. I wonder what other game did so bad that you can find stacked piles of brand new copies, aside from the yearly sports titles.

#33 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

So you admit it's pointless. And call these replies hostile. And use other threads as justification for this horrible thread. Oh god, it keeps getting worse man. Just stop.Blabadon
Yeah, maybe i shoud. Although, I wont. Its an interesting subject, like i said, i want to hear if anyone else has come across piles of unsold games like i just did. A pile of unsold Lair or Too Human copies would be funny to see. Sadly, we're more likely to find a stockpile of Valkyria Chronicles or Mirrors Edge.

#34 Posted by jman1553 (1315 posts) -
Shouldn't this go in the Primary Games Discussion forum?
#35 Posted by freedomfreak (39169 posts) -
How would you go on about having blessing find c'mon?
#36 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] So you admit it's pointless. And call these replies hostile. And use other threads as justification for this horrible thread. Oh god, it keeps getting worse man. Just stop.AgentA-Mi6

Yeah, maybe i shoud. Although, I wont. Its an interesting subject, like i said, i want to hear if anyone else has come across piles of unsold games like i just did. A pile of unsold Lair or Too Human copies would be funny to see. Sadly, we're more likely to find a stockpile of Valkyria Chronicles or Mirrors Edge.

No it's not. Are Valkyria Chronicles and Mirror's Edge shovelware. What makes someone's hard work not selling funny to see? Are you that cruel?
#37 Posted by 205212669269561485377169522720 (14458 posts) -

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] So you admit it's pointless. And call these replies hostile. And use other threads as justification for this horrible thread. Oh god, it keeps getting worse man. Just stop.Blabadon

No it's not. Are Valkyria Chronicles and Mirror's Edge shovelware. What makes someone's hard work not selling funny to see? Are you that cruel?

Why are you on his ass? Did Agent like bully you when you were a kid..? :?

Also Agent, Secret Agent Clank was a good game, you just hatin' lol.

#38 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"] Yeah, maybe i shoud. Although, I wont. Its an interesting subject, like i said, i want to hear if anyone else has come across piles of unsold games like i just did. A pile of unsold Lair or Too Human copies would be funny to see. Sadly, we're more likely to find a stockpile of Valkyria Chronicles or Mirrors Edge.

sanim02

Why are you on his ass? Did Agent like bully you when you were a kid..? :?

Also Agent, Secret Agent Clank was a good game, you just hatin' lol.

Internet is serious bizness man.
#39 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

ITT: Series Bizzies, yo!

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (39169 posts) -
Whoa, backup has arrived.
#41 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

Whoa, backup has arrived.freedomfreak

Not sure if it's a HYPE pre-requisite...

#42 Posted by 205212669269561485377169522720 (14458 posts) -

.. Why is everyone so hostile..?:?

#43 Posted by freedomfreak (39169 posts) -

sanim02
Preparing for the SW Awards.
#44 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

That's the PSP for you.

Chris_Williams
i can find loads of games across different platforms with a ton of unopened copies, hell i can find you tons of unopened copies of halo 4 and black ops 2, this thread is irrelevant as hell

Yeah.. sitting on a pallet waiting to be sold. Any stack of Halo 4 or Black Ops 2 won't stay stacked for long. There is a difference. I've seen stacks of older games in clearance bins for months. One of these games was Full Spectrum Warrior. Another was Mindjack. They had a ton of these in the bin.
#45 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

sanim02

Jokes, bro.

#46 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

sanim02

I have no idea man, mind boggling as it is some people just decide to post even when they're in bad mood i guess. You know i seriously dislike ratchet, that game has a damn curse, the only time i gave a try to a ratchet demo my PS3 got the YLOD after 5 years and 2 months of working with no problems whatsoever and coincidence or not that probably made me hate the series even more lol.

#47 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank is pretty much dead. Uncharted, God of War, and Sly Cooper is next.

#48 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] So you admit it's pointless. And call these replies hostile. And use other threads as justification for this horrible thread. Oh god, it keeps getting worse man. Just stop.Blabadon

Reading comprehension, i said "sadly" and its not funny because someone is having a hard time selling them, its just because the quality of titles such as Lair, Too human and secret agent clank is questionable in my opinion.

#49 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

AgentA-Mi6

I have no idea man, mind boggling as it is some people just decide to post even when they're in bad mood i guess. You know i seriously dislike ratchet, that game has a damn curse, the only time i gave a try to a ratchet demo my PS3 got the YLOD after 5 years and 2 months of working with no problems whatsoever and coincidence or not that probably made me hate the series even more lol.

ohh so you aren't a baised troll at al huh?

#50 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16247 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank is pretty much dead. Uncharted, God of War, and Sly Cooper is next.

RogueStatus28
Hell NO. I've never been a huge fan of sly cooper though.