Highly anticipated WWE Network app not available on Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

Not sure if there are any professional wrestling fans on here or not, but tomorrow is the launch of the highly anticipated WWE Network app, which includes access to all of the WWE's year round pay per views and thousands of hours of past broadcasts and matches, and it is available for pretty much any device you can think of other than the Xbox one. You can get the App on your PS3, PS4, Ipad, Iphone, Android, Kindle, and even the Xbox 360 starting tomorrow, but it wont be available on the Xbox One until later this summer. I'm sure most of the Xbox fans on here dont care or will dismiss this as nothing and say "oh who cares pro wrestling is fake" or something along those lines, but the fact is there are a lot of Xbox One users that are very upset about this, and it is just another thing to add to the shit pile that has hit the Xbox One the last couple of weeks.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I can see Xbox One getting it sooner rather than later. As an old time wrasslin fan I'm really looking forward to it but it doesn't even launch here for a long time.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MikeMoose

@DocSanchez: It says on the WWE website that it wont be available for Xbox One users until summer

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

That's because PS4 is the People's Champ. XBone gives itself a Corporate Elbow in fail.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DocSanchez

@MikeMoose: Like I say sooner rather than later.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DocSanchez

@Motokid6: What country are you in? Virtually everywhere can get google. I'm so sorry your government must be so repressed. Is it North Korea?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

The all-in-one games and entertainment system.

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

Not surprising. Probably have to figure out the snap feature and kinect controls. A lot of extra bells and whistles on the xbone version.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@the330and419 said:

Not surprising. Probably have to figure out the snap feature and kinect controls. A lot of extra bells and whistles on the xbone version.

Yep, what I think too. I'll watch on my laptop until the One version hits. Its all good.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Hmmm maybe think for a second TC they X1 has voice commands, motion control, controller, and snap features, don't you think it would take longer for an app to come out for it??

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MikeMoose

@Desmonic: Regardless of what you think of WWE, putting all PPV's and past content on sale for 10 bucks a month is a big deal, and if successful could be the start of the end of Pay Per View

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

I'm sure all of the 10 year olds that still watch that crap will be disappointed.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I'm slightly disappointed that it won't be available on Xbox One at launch because that is where I plan to use it the most, but I can still use it on my 360, PS3, PC, and IOS devices for now, so I'm good. I'm sure that it is taking longer for the Xbox One version to become available because of all of the extra features that the Xbox One version will have (voice commands, Kinect control, SmartGlass, snap feature, etc.). I'm sure when the Xbox One version does release over the Summer, it will be the best version of the App, so the wait will be worth it.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

The WWE network is a good idea, I hope all sports go that route. That way rather than subscribing to a channel that I have no interest in most of the sports I can just subscribe to like football that shows all football games for the season in one place, and I can pick and choose who I want to watch.

Of course it would need to be cheaper than subscribing to like Sky Sports which is about £22 per month, but if I could get like Rugby League, Football and NFL for like £15-18 for all three and have access to all games on demand, I would for sure go for that.

Also to make this post relevant lolXbone

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

@Desmonic: Regardless of what you think of WWE, putting all PPV's and past content on sale for 10 bucks a month is a big deal, and if successful could be the start of the end of Pay Per View

Absolutely true. Vince McMahon is savvy and astute enough to know which way the wind is blowing. PPV was a major factor in helping make the WWE the cash cow that it is today, but technology advances have changed the way people view their favorite programs. This new app not only will create a new and potentially huge revenue stream for the WWE, but will give fans the kind of viewing flexibility and added content that they want.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

OMG

What are we going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I saw this app on PS4 last night and I had to minimize Netflix and look again, I was like, "did that just say WWE?" O.O

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Absolutely true. Vince McMahon is savvy and astute enough to know which way the wind is blowing. PPV was a major factor in helping make the WWE the cash cow that it is today, but technology advances have changed the way people view their favorite programs. This new app not only will create a new and potentially huge revenue stream for the WWE, but will give fans the kind of viewing flexibility and added content that they want.

Shame the current crop of talent (and I use that in the loosest of terms) can't hold a candle to the Austins and Rocks of the Attitude era.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Shame the current crop of talent (and I use that in the loosest of terms) can't hold a candle to the Austins and Rocks of the Attitude era.

Agreed. That was the best time to be a wrestling fan. Never a dull moment and entertaining as hell. The new "family friendly" WWE might be more marketable & ultimately lucrative for McMahon & co., but it sure is boring compared to the wild & woolly days of the Attitude era. The threat posed by the WCW & the dominance of Monday Nitro is what forced the WWE over the top in the first place. No such competition exists today.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@Allicrombie said:

I saw this app on PS4 last night and I had to minimize Netflix and look again, I was like, "did that just say WWE?" O.O

people still play the ps4?

*runs* :P

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DocSanchez

@APiranhaAteMyVa: What's your league team? Widnes here.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Puggy301 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Agreed. That was the best time to be a wrestling fan. Never a dull moment and entertaining as hell. The new "family friendly" WWE might be more marketable & ultimately lucrative for McMahon & co., but it sure is boring compared to the wild & woolly days of the Attitude era. The threat posed by the WCW & the dominance of Monday Nitro is what forced the WWE over the top in the first place. No such competition exists today.

Yeah but I would think that wrestling made more during the Monday night war/attitude days?

I also agree with clyde in that todays wrestlers suck. I don't is because of the writers of what but their not worth watching.

And far as the network goes, $9.99 is not bad but I can just watch classic stuff on Youtube,

On topic, it is kind of odd no Xone support day one.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Yeah but I would think that wrestling made more during the Monday night war/attitude days?

I also agree with clyde in that todays wrestlers suck. I don't is because of the writers of what but their not worth watching.

And far as the network goes, $9.99 is not bad but I can just watch classic stuff on Youtube,

On topic, it is kind of odd no Xone support day one.

On the topic of talent. The current crop is far more athelitic and better trained but they have as much chrisma as a wet fish. The actual programming stinks, the camera shots have this annoying crash zoom. The old vanguards, Kane, Undertaker and Triple H for example pale in comparision to what they once were.

Just listen to the pop when Austin comes in, you get nothing like that now.

Loading Video...

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

I would say the current roster is the best since the Attitude era. I know a lot of people have massive nostalgia for DX/Stone Cold/The Rock but the shows pretty good right now.

I'll be signing up for the app tomorrow. Going to be using my ps3.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

WWE is still a thing?

IDK why, but yes.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@clyde46:

Wait, wrestlers of yesteryear were very athletic. And think old school wrestlers like HHH, Taker and Kane suck now because their opponents suck. I was able see the HHH vs Taker at wm 28 and they put on a show.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

WWE is still a thing?

this

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DocSanchez

@Nengo_Flow: If by "this" you mean, "this is the dullest, most predictable point I could've possible made"....then "this".

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

WWE is still a thing?

Been ages since I've heard anything about it.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@Desmonic said:

> Highly anticipated

> WWE

Pick one TC.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

Not sure if there are any professional wrestling fans on here or not, but tomorrow is the launch of the highly anticipated WWE Network app, which includes access to all of the WWE's year round pay per views and thousands of hours of past broadcasts and matches, and it is available for pretty much any device you can think of other than the Xbox one. You can get the App on your PS3, PS4, Ipad, Iphone, Android, Kindle, and even the Xbox 360 starting tomorrow, but it wont be available on the Xbox One until later this summer. I'm sure most of the Xbox fans on here dont care or will dismiss this as nothing and say "oh who cares pro wrestling is fake" or something along those lines, but the fact is there are a lot of Xbox One users that are very upset about this, and it is just another thing to add to the shit pile that has hit the Xbox One the last couple of weeks.

coming in april or may with a lot of extra content not available on any other device :-)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

When the Rock is on I will watch otherwise WWE is useless.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

who the fck still watches this shit? specially now that punk left?