Highly anticipated WWE Network app not available on Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

Not sure if there are any professional wrestling fans on here or not, but tomorrow is the launch of the highly anticipated WWE Network app, which includes access to all of the WWE's year round pay per views and thousands of hours of past broadcasts and matches, and it is available for pretty much any device you can think of other than the Xbox one. You can get the App on your PS3, PS4, Ipad, Iphone, Android, Kindle, and even the Xbox 360 starting tomorrow, but it wont be available on the Xbox One until later this summer. I'm sure most of the Xbox fans on here dont care or will dismiss this as nothing and say "oh who cares pro wrestling is fake" or something along those lines, but the fact is there are a lot of Xbox One users that are very upset about this, and it is just another thing to add to the shit pile that has hit the Xbox One the last couple of weeks.

#2 Posted by DocSanchez (1473 posts) -

I can see Xbox One getting it sooner rather than later. As an old time wrasslin fan I'm really looking forward to it but it doesn't even launch here for a long time.

#3 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

@DocSanchez: It says on the WWE website that it wont be available for Xbox One users until summer

#4 Edited by Shewgenja (8288 posts) -
#5 Posted by DocSanchez (1473 posts) -

@MikeMoose: Like I say sooner rather than later.

#6 Posted by Motokid6 (5089 posts) -

WWE is still a thing?

#7 Edited by DocSanchez (1473 posts) -

@Motokid6: What country are you in? Virtually everywhere can get google. I'm so sorry your government must be so repressed. Is it North Korea?

#8 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3591 posts) -

The all-in-one games and entertainment system.

#9 Edited by the330and419 (223 posts) -

Not surprising. Probably have to figure out the snap feature and kinect controls. A lot of extra bells and whistles on the xbone version.

#10 Edited by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

Not surprising. Probably have to figure out the snap feature and kinect controls. A lot of extra bells and whistles on the xbone version.

Yep, what I think too. I'll watch on my laptop until the One version hits. Its all good.

#11 Posted by Desmonic (13179 posts) -

> Highly anticipated

> WWE

Pick one TC.

#12 Posted by xxyetixx (1233 posts) -

Hmmm maybe think for a second TC they X1 has voice commands, motion control, controller, and snap features, don't you think it would take longer for an app to come out for it??

#13 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

@Desmonic: Regardless of what you think of WWE, putting all PPV's and past content on sale for 10 bucks a month is a big deal, and if successful could be the start of the end of Pay Per View

#14 Edited by Gatman32 (429 posts) -

I'm sure all of the 10 year olds that still watch that crap will be disappointed.

#15 Edited by starwolf474 (474 posts) -

I'm slightly disappointed that it won't be available on Xbox One at launch because that is where I plan to use it the most, but I can still use it on my 360, PS3, PC, and IOS devices for now, so I'm good. I'm sure that it is taking longer for the Xbox One version to become available because of all of the extra features that the Xbox One version will have (voice commands, Kinect control, SmartGlass, snap feature, etc.). I'm sure when the Xbox One version does release over the Summer, it will be the best version of the App, so the wait will be worth it.

#16 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2858 posts) -

The WWE network is a good idea, I hope all sports go that route. That way rather than subscribing to a channel that I have no interest in most of the sports I can just subscribe to like football that shows all football games for the season in one place, and I can pick and choose who I want to watch.

Of course it would need to be cheaper than subscribing to like Sky Sports which is about £22 per month, but if I could get like Rugby League, Football and NFL for like £15-18 for all three and have access to all games on demand, I would for sure go for that.

Also to make this post relevant lolXbone

#17 Edited by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

@Desmonic: Regardless of what you think of WWE, putting all PPV's and past content on sale for 10 bucks a month is a big deal, and if successful could be the start of the end of Pay Per View

Absolutely true. Vince McMahon is savvy and astute enough to know which way the wind is blowing. PPV was a major factor in helping make the WWE the cash cow that it is today, but technology advances have changed the way people view their favorite programs. This new app not only will create a new and potentially huge revenue stream for the WWE, but will give fans the kind of viewing flexibility and added content that they want.

#18 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

OMG

What are we going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -

I saw this app on PS4 last night and I had to minimize Netflix and look again, I was like, "did that just say WWE?" O.O

#20 Posted by clyde46 (43918 posts) -

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Absolutely true. Vince McMahon is savvy and astute enough to know which way the wind is blowing. PPV was a major factor in helping make the WWE the cash cow that it is today, but technology advances have changed the way people view their favorite programs. This new app not only will create a new and potentially huge revenue stream for the WWE, but will give fans the kind of viewing flexibility and added content that they want.

Shame the current crop of talent (and I use that in the loosest of terms) can't hold a candle to the Austins and Rocks of the Attitude era.

#21 Posted by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Shame the current crop of talent (and I use that in the loosest of terms) can't hold a candle to the Austins and Rocks of the Attitude era.

Agreed. That was the best time to be a wrestling fan. Never a dull moment and entertaining as hell. The new "family friendly" WWE might be more marketable & ultimately lucrative for McMahon & co., but it sure is boring compared to the wild & woolly days of the Attitude era. The threat posed by the WCW & the dominance of Monday Nitro is what forced the WWE over the top in the first place. No such competition exists today.

#22 Edited by kitty (114443 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

I saw this app on PS4 last night and I had to minimize Netflix and look again, I was like, "did that just say WWE?" O.O

people still play the ps4?

*runs* :P

#23 Posted by DocSanchez (1473 posts) -
#24 Edited by PSP107 (11657 posts) -

@Puggy301 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Agreed. That was the best time to be a wrestling fan. Never a dull moment and entertaining as hell. The new "family friendly" WWE might be more marketable & ultimately lucrative for McMahon & co., but it sure is boring compared to the wild & woolly days of the Attitude era. The threat posed by the WCW & the dominance of Monday Nitro is what forced the WWE over the top in the first place. No such competition exists today.

Yeah but I would think that wrestling made more during the Monday night war/attitude days?

I also agree with clyde in that todays wrestlers suck. I don't is because of the writers of what but their not worth watching.

And far as the network goes, $9.99 is not bad but I can just watch classic stuff on Youtube,

On topic, it is kind of odd no Xone support day one.

#25 Posted by clyde46 (43918 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

Yeah but I would think that wrestling made more during the Monday night war/attitude days?

I also agree with clyde in that todays wrestlers suck. I don't is because of the writers of what but their not worth watching.

And far as the network goes, $9.99 is not bad but I can just watch classic stuff on Youtube,

On topic, it is kind of odd no Xone support day one.

On the topic of talent. The current crop is far more athelitic and better trained but they have as much chrisma as a wet fish. The actual programming stinks, the camera shots have this annoying crash zoom. The old vanguards, Kane, Undertaker and Triple H for example pale in comparision to what they once were.

Just listen to the pop when Austin comes in, you get nothing like that now.

#26 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15033 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Puggy301 said:

@MikeMoose said:

I would say the current roster is the best since the Attitude era. I know a lot of people have massive nostalgia for DX/Stone Cold/The Rock but the shows pretty good right now.

I'll be signing up for the app tomorrow. Going to be using my ps3.

#27 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

WWE is still a thing?

IDK why, but yes.

#28 Posted by PSP107 (11657 posts) -

@clyde46:

Wait, wrestlers of yesteryear were very athletic. And think old school wrestlers like HHH, Taker and Kane suck now because their opponents suck. I was able see the HHH vs Taker at wm 28 and they put on a show.

#29 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9369 posts) -
#30 Edited by DocSanchez (1473 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: If by "this" you mean, "this is the dullest, most predictable point I could've possible made"....then "this".

#31 Posted by jake44 (1928 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

WWE is still a thing?

Been ages since I've heard anything about it.

#32 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

> Highly anticipated

> WWE

Pick one TC.

#33 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Not sure if there are any professional wrestling fans on here or not, but tomorrow is the launch of the highly anticipated WWE Network app, which includes access to all of the WWE's year round pay per views and thousands of hours of past broadcasts and matches, and it is available for pretty much any device you can think of other than the Xbox one. You can get the App on your PS3, PS4, Ipad, Iphone, Android, Kindle, and even the Xbox 360 starting tomorrow, but it wont be available on the Xbox One until later this summer. I'm sure most of the Xbox fans on here dont care or will dismiss this as nothing and say "oh who cares pro wrestling is fake" or something along those lines, but the fact is there are a lot of Xbox One users that are very upset about this, and it is just another thing to add to the shit pile that has hit the Xbox One the last couple of weeks.

coming in april or may with a lot of extra content not available on any other device :-)

#34 Posted by kuu2 (6868 posts) -

When the Rock is on I will watch otherwise WWE is useless.

#35 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

who the fck still watches this shit? specially now that punk left?