Hey, SW, What's the Worst System You've Ever Owned?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] You must have just started gaming.

millerlight89

I have owned: Master System NES Mega Drive SNES Saturn PS1 Dreamcast DS PS3 Xbox 360 PS3 is the weakest link.

Out of that list you provided, the Xbox360 is easily the weakest link.

Not easily. And it's called opinion have you ever heard of it?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#102 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i've never owned a system that could be considered the worst of something. that said, my N64 collection was rather poor, but that's because i was a kid and my parents wouldn't just drop home with new games, so it only got 5 games plus random rentals.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Well even though I own a virtual boy im going to say sega master system.. Because when people come over the virtual boy is such a fun thing to break out and show new friends etc. Laughs are a plenty with it. But the sega master system ugh.. I got like 20 games on ebay and they all suck.. even the good ones. Phantasy Star, Wonderboy II and III were awesome.. But the genesis games in those series are so much better they are practically unplayable.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

360, after 4 RROD's i gave up on it, not to mention my PC can play half the games on the 360

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="CuteCakes"] I have owned: Master System NES Mega Drive SNES Saturn PS1 Dreamcast DS PS3 Xbox 360 PS3 is the weakest link.CuteCakes

I wouldn't be gaming right now if it wasn't for the XBox 360, so no. Its a terrific console that is mercilessly bashed by Cows for no particular reason other than it isn't made by Sony.

your one to talk :lol:

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="CuteCakes"] I have owned: Master System NES Mega Drive SNES Saturn PS1 Dreamcast DS PS3 Xbox 360 PS3 is the weakest link.OB-47

O my look another one. Where did I say it was not an opinion? That is right I didn't.By the way, yes quite easily thank you ;).

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

i've never owned a system that could be considered the worst of something. that said, my N64 collection was rather poor, but that's because i was a kid and my parents wouldn't just drop home with new games, so it only got 5 games plus random rentals.BrunoBRS

I don't know how my parents did it, but my N64 collection was awesome.

I bought Rogue Squadron, and Goldeneye myself, but then my parents bought me DK64, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie 1 & 2, Zelda: OoT, and a few others that were lost in time.

Same goes for my SNES. Based on games my parents bought most people would say my SNES collection is amazing :P

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#108 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Saturn or PS2.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="CuteCakes"] I have owned: Master System NES Mega Drive SNES Saturn PS1 Dreamcast DS PS3 Xbox 360 PS3 is the weakest link.CuteCakes

I wouldn't be gaming right now if it wasn't for the XBox 360, so no. Its a terrific console that is mercilessly bashed by Cows for no particular reason other than it isn't made by Sony.

That sentence applies to you perfectly by switching PS3 bashing and isnt made by Microsoft. "The PS3 is a terrific console, but I bash it constantly because it isn't made by Microsoft"

Btw you and WilliamRLBaker really need to hang out. I am sure the two of you would quickly become the best of friends with all your conversations devoted towards bashing the PS3

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i've never owned a system that could be considered the worst of something. that said, my N64 collection was rather poor, but that's because i was a kid and my parents wouldn't just drop home with new games, so it only got 5 games plus random rentals.Raymundo_Manuel

I don't know how my parents did it, but my N64 collection was awesome.

I bought Rogue Squadron, and Goldeneye myself, but then my parents bought me DK64, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie 1 & 2, Zelda: OoT, and a few others that were lost in time.

Same goes for my SNES. Based on games my parents bought most people would say my SNES collection is amazing :P

my SNES was basically 3 or 4 games i bought with the system (DKC 3, mario world, a pirated and awful sonic game (don't judge me, i was 4), and one of those awesome mickey games from the SNES era) plus a bunch of games my friend gave me when his SNES fried. my N64 collection was mario 64, pokemon stadium, megaman legends/64 (which i begged my parents to get me :P), paper mario and tony hawk 2 (because my parents decided to sell games for a while, and when they stopped, we had tons of copies of mario 64 and THPS2, so we just unboxed one). i used to hate OoT... i rented it and i'd get lost in the kokiri village, and the boko babas scared me >.>
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

wii has got to be the worst system ive ever owned:(

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

I've owned:

Amiga 500
NES
Sega Master System
Sega Master System II
Sega Megadrive (Genesis in the States I think)
SNES
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
XBOX 360

Owned by my brother was an N64 and an original XBOX and I played them plenty, so I suppose you could say if it lived in the same house as me, I owned them.

Either way, for me the consoles I played the least would be the XBOX and 360. My 360 RROD'd twice, and my brother didn't get many games I was interested in for the XBOX. The 360 has some great games, but the well has been running really really dry the last few years.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Jaguar. It was like a 2D system trying to be 3D

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#114 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

DS is the worst system i owned

the-obiwan

why?

IMO The game library it has is just meh. pure meh!. i only enjoyed the world ends with you. but hey im still getting the DS XL sometime next year for pokemon white, havent played a pokemon game for soo long! XL should be cheaper by next year and i need to get rid of my DS lite. overall worst system i ever owned!

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts

[QUOTE="vadicta"]

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]In terms of what?CuteCakes

Just the one you liked the least, got the leas amount of enjoyment out of. It's opinion, no real science or structure here. :)

Oh. PS3.

You don't own a PS3. And I'm actually going to say DS. I just haven't got games for it. Hopefully I will find some money to remedy that with GS: Dark Dawn and DQ9, but so far I only own Pokemon Pearl and Nintendogs lmao.

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

this gen i think the PS3 is the worst but it will be better than the wii by this time next year. worst system ive owned was the sega CD.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
The worst system i've ever owned is the PC IMO. I have a mediocre laptop and i have never been able to play all the great games that are available for the PC which really bugs me.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

The Wii. I bought one for Monster Hunter Tri, & after clocking 80 hours I lost interest & realised there was nothing else I wanted to buy that didn't use motion controls.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

The xbox 360 it was the first system that ever failed on me. I owned a ps1, ps2, ps3, xbox, gamecube, and nes. They all worked fine even to this day.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Amiga CD32, when it worked there was 2 enjoyable games but it didnt work often and very shortly after its release replacement parts were impossible to find.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Wow the system I had the most fun with ever was the Gamecube, that was were it was at. Playing PSO and Kirby Air Ride with 4 people was the best ever. Playing Melee, and all those 4 player games. Especially since PS2 didn't have 4 player, Gamecube was better for me.

I would say PSP, I have like 4 good games, I'm still waiting for the good games...

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] Out of that list you provided, the Xbox360 is easily the weakest link. millerlight89

O my look another one. Where did I say it was not an opinion? That is right I didn't.By the way, yes quite easily thank you ;).

So, why do you think its the weakest ?. I assume you've some well thought out reasons, so please share them with us.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

I dont think I ever bought a outright bad console lieka 3DO or Virtua Boy or anything in that league. But I thought my Gamecube was pretty lame.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Hard question. I've liked all of my consoles at one point, even the ones I've sold. I was really hyped for the Wii-mote in 2006, the potential was huge. Later on I was a bit disappointed when I noticed how much the hardware limited that said potential. The lack of power also limited the 3rd party support. It looked like some devs didn't even want to try *coughUbisoftcoughActivisioncough* and some of the ports were just horrendous ( bad framerate ****** up the controls, friggin' PSP ports :( etc.) I liked the motion controls but damn...

Wii was the first console I've ever sold. Looking forward to PSMove and what it can offer in the future. I Still want to play the 1st party titles so I'm just going to borrow my brothers unit for them + plus I'm pretty excited for the 3DS. Great 3rd and 1st party support!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

Handheld - Game Gear

Console - ps2

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Hmm,tie between XBOX1 and Dreamcasti guess.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

Worst handheld I owned was PSP. I was so hyped for this thing, asked for it for my B-Day and got it on launch. hardly played it.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1084 Posts
I'd say the GBA, but I never the less I feel that I didn't give it a chance, and I'm looking forward to downloading some of the games on the 3DS.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

[QUOTE="vadicta"]

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]In terms of what?CuteCakes

Just the one you liked the least, got the leas amount of enjoyment out of. It's opinion, no real science or structure here. :)

Oh. PS3.

The question is "What's the Worst System You've Ever OWNED?" not what's the one you hate for no apparent reason the most. Anyway... not quite sure. If handhelds count maybe the Game Boy Micro, it wasn't bad but it was just unnecessary.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#131 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

For me, it's gotta be the Gamecube. Not that there was anything that I could remember being fundimentally wrong with it. There just weren't any games I liked for it. By the time the last console generation ended, I only had like seven games for it. :P

My Wii isn't looking much better, though. I gotta stop buying Nintendo. They just don't get my kind of games on their consoles anymore.

vadicta

this excpet replace GC with PS2 and replace seven with 2.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#132 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

For my family, it was the PS3. They just weren't happy that Sony took out Backwards compatibility with newer models. and the fact that they play PS2 games more than PS3 (their favorite games on the PS2 are the two Champions of Norrath and Guitar Hero/Rock Band games). They also have a hard time finding the older models that play PS2 games.

For me alone, however. I really don't know. The Wii may be the lowest Nintendo console in my opinion, but I still love it because it gets games like Call of Duty 4, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and I can play my Gamecube collection. So that's why I can't answer for myself.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Playstation 1.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 oldkingallant

Handheld - Game Gear

Console - ps2

Renegade_Fury
Heh at least you've got a unique answer for console :P. Stir up some argument. I will cease to partake though.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#135 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Gamecube.

Not many games for it.

As for the Wii, Massive leap from Gamecube.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 dkjestrup
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Handheld - Game Gear

Console - ps2

oldkingallant
Heh at least you've got a unique answer for console :P. Stir up some argument. I will cease to partake though.

Haha I actually agree with the PS2 being the worst console. But that was my fault. I'm only 15, so I've only had 3 generations (N64, PS2, PS3) and the PS2 was the worst. With the N64 my parents owned a video rental store so they new which games were popular and good, so I had THPS2, Golden Eye, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Stadium (YEAH WHAT!). With the PS2 I chose the games, my only good ones were Jak and Daxter, NFS:HP2, FFX and FFXII. With the PS3 I know what I like.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#137 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
PSP, easily.
Elutheria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Elutheria
Member since 2003 • 286 Posts
Tied between the Saturn and the Wii.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 oldkingallant
[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Handheld - Game Gear

Console - ps2

dkjestrup

Haha I actually agree with the PS2 being the worst console. But that was my fault. I'm only 15, so I've only had 3 generations (N64, PS2, PS3) and the PS2 was the worst. With the N64 my parents owned a video rental store so they new which games were popular and good, so I had THPS2, Golden Eye, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Stadium (YEAH WHAT!). With the PS2 I chose the games, my only good ones were Jak and Daxter, NFS:HP2, FFX and FFXII. With the PS3 I know what I like.

I liked my Gamecube more than PS2 at the time but looking back and playing games I skipped there's just no way it isn't the best, or one of em.
dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 dkjestrup
[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="dkjestrup"][QUOTE="oldkingallant"] Heh at least you've got a unique answer for console :P. Stir up some argument. I will cease to partake though.

I liked my Gamecube more than PS2 at the time but looking back and playing games I skipped there's just no way it isn't the best, or one of em.

Oh obviously. Had I got the GOW games, Ratchet and Clank, Ico, SOTC, Socom 2, Sly Cooper, Prince of Persia.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#141 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Definitely was the Wii, sold it.

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#142 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

360. Nothing wrong with the software, but the hardware and the online set-up was pure rubbish.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

360. Nothing wrong with the software, but the hardware and the online set-up was pure rubbish.

Optusnet

Seriously, did you start gaming this gen?

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

PSP by far.

lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts

Honestly, Xbox 360.

The quality and features out of the box are just... ugh.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Proud owner of a CD-i. Family got it for free back in 1993. Unfortunately I never got around to playing such classics as Hotel Mario or Link: The Faces of Evil.

As bad as it was, I actually liked playing Battleship on it. [Youtube link]

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

bought Xbox 360 for 400$ when it came out, next day i released i need to buy wifi for 80$, charge kit 20$ and 50$ for online play...

and it RROD next mouth... most expensive and terrible console i have bought

Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts
The Atari Lynx, god that console sucked.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
GC, not enough games for me.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

People will attack me on the streets but,...N64.