Hermits, you have let me down. Crysis 2 > Crysis

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts
Ok, so I saw Crysis in the PSN store and was freaking out because C2 is one of my favorite FPS. All I ever hear on forums is "dude, C2 sucks compared to the original" or "C2 is consolized garbage." Naturally that got me curious and at $20, I couldn't refuse. Game is all bs hype. What I like - the strength and speed in this game are pretty awesome, and I can see why a lot of people were upset over their absence in C2. It's still fun to run around and take out enemies however you want. That's it. What I don't like - everything else. The "open world" environment (which it isn't even really open world, so nice exaggerating guys :x) is so dull, generic, and empty feeling compared to C2's fantastic vision of a destroyed New York. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, and this couldn't be more true when comparing the environments of these two games. C2 may have been smaller, but it was a hell of a lot more interesting. And how bout dem graphics? C2 is beautiful on consoles, albiet with a few minor technical hitches. C1 on the other hand is one fugly looking game with those same technical hitches multiplied by 100. This is the best Crytek could do on PS3? There are far better looking games that actually ARE open world, like RDR and InFamous 2. The biggest annoyance though is that C1 doesn't even feel like a game, but more like a tech demo. Where's the story, characters, pacing, epic set pieces, etc? C2 had an excellent campaign that moved at a nice pace with atmospheric environments. The gameplay felt smoother and more varied in C2 as well. Crysis - 7.5 Crysis 2- 9.5
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

I still think Crysis 2 was good,but it was garbage.

Crysis 1 is still my favorite.Well,make that Warhead.More explosions and stuff.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11798 Posts

What's not fun about this :P

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SquirrelTamer
Member since 2011 • 1185 Posts

Crysis 2 was a mediocre game in absolutely every aspect

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

I don't hold Crysis as the holy grail of current gen shooters but I'd rather play that than Crysis 2, what a huge let down that game was.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Crysis on consoles. My sides.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
You're saying hermits let you down, but you're basing your experience off the console version of the game, and not the PC.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Well the thi-....wait...Master shake? Oh, so its master shake, looks like im out of this thread.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

What's not fun about this :P

NoodleFighter

I prefer using them as a meat shield (on lower difficulties).

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Where's the story, characters, pacing, epic set pieces, etc? Master_ShakeXXX

Crysis never had one of those "ZOMFG AMAZING" stories, but the first was told a hell of a lot better than the second was, and didn't leave plot holes as big as C2 did. For the characters, there's plenty of them. Granted, some felt rushed and didn't last long, but they were still there. The pacing towards the end game did get a little slow, but not to the point where it was bad. As for epic set pieces, the assault on the beach, the tank assault, escaping the island, battle on the ship, etc, etc. The first one had plenty of set pieces, a lot more than the second did.

KevinPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KevinPlanet
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

I agree. After having played Crysis on 360, the graphics look slightly off and the AI was at times either annoyingly too clairvoyant or just plain dumb

Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
crysis on the pc was just epic when it first came out. 2 on the other hand left a bad taste in my mouth
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Hermits didn't say anything good about the console version of crysis so why are you blaming us.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Master_ShakeXXX
You're saying hermits let you down, but you're basing your experience off the console version of the game, and not the PC.drinkerofjuice
From what I have seen and read, the graphics and controls are the only difference between the PC and console versions. I'm basicaly playing the same game, only a much uglier version.
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

Lto_thaG
..what?
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

ToScA-
..what?

I enjoyed it but it was terrrible.It happens.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

i just palyed and beat crysis for the pc maxed out cept for aa. about a month ago for the first time. and i gotta say its one of the best single player fps games out there. i also like kz3, halo reach, and others. but crysis just feels better. might be the mouse and kb tho.:P

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

I am currently playing Crysis 1 on PC, everything on max setting and 16x AA. Also I have put some mods on (foliage, water and rocks) and the game does look amazing. It also plays very well and very smoothly. I am enjoying it but for some reason I am finding it really hard. I cant take out a camp without them calling for back up. And yes, its not as open world as I thought it was going to be, but there are so many ways of completing each mission it doesnt bother me.

I also bought Crysis Warhead and couldnt help but play a little bit even though I havent finished Crysis. I had to stop myself as I think I ruined it for myself.

The most annoying thing is that I bought these games 2 days before Steam had them on sale so I wasted about £20!

Over all I am really impressed with the game. I have Crysis 2 on PS3 and I really like the envornments in that game, but I think Crysis 1 is better.

Noverech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Noverech
Member since 2003 • 1635 Posts

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]You're saying hermits let you down, but you're basing your experience off the console version of the game, and not the PC.Master_ShakeXXX
From what I have seen and read, the graphics and controls are the only difference between the PC and console versions. I'm basicaly playing the same game, only a much uglier version.

i think they had to remove one or two levels also

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"][QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]You're saying hermits let you down, but you're basing your experience off the console version of the game, and not the PC.Noverech

i think they had to remove one or two levels also

It was a level called Ascension, and apparently no body liked that level anyways.
Kiyobear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kiyobear
Member since 2009 • 836 Posts

You're saying hermits let you down, but you're basing your experience off the console version of the game, and not the PC.drinkerofjuice

I played the PC version two and a half times. The console port is the same game with some tweaked controls. It's an amazing port. I bet the TC played for about 40 minutes then made this thread. A practice that seems common around here.

I think it's the best shooter on consoles because it is so true to the PC version. I hate Crysis 2.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#22 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well, I've found that alot of times PC gamers freak out whenever a normally PC game is brought to consoles. I haven't really played either of the Crysis games, so I wouldn't know, but I seriously doubt that Crysis 2 is the "trash" tha many claim it is.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

You're playing the dumbed down version.

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

TC your just saying the same thing as how hermits see it.

PC:

Crysis and Warhead to a dumbed down console port>>>Crysis 2.

Consoles:

Crysis 2 to a dumbed down PC port>>>>Crysis.

Kiyobear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kiyobear
Member since 2009 • 836 Posts

Jebus213

It's not though. It really is true to the PC version.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15574 Posts

Ok, so I saw Crysis in the PSN storeMaster_ShakeXXX
Went ahead and stopped reading there. You're talking about hermits letting you down while playing a console game.....

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]You're saying hermits let you down, but you're basing your experience off the console version of the game, and not the PC.Master_ShakeXXX

The controls make a landslide wide difference.

I couldn't get into Crysis 2 because the suit was ****ing terrible compared to Crysis. Dropped the game less than an hour in.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15574 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]Ok, so I saw Crysis in the PSN storeKiyobear

Went ahead and stopped reading there. You're talking about hermits letting you down while playing a console game.....

It's a shame how narrow minded you people are.

Every now and then I post here until I realize just how moronic the culture is.

You can say it's true to the pc version all you want but the graphics, the scale, the physics, post production, and controls are all gimped compared to the pc version, and there isn't even a sandbox editor or any ability to mod the game. Not to mention that calling out PC gamers for a console game, port or not, is absurd. Can I get mad at console gamers for a lousy port of GTAIV?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="Kiyobear"]

Kiyobear

You can say it's true to the pc version all you want but the graphics, the scale, the physics, post production, and controls are all gimped compared to the pc version, and there isn't even a sandbox editor or any ability to mod the game. Not to mention that calling out PC gamers for a console game, port or not, is obsurd. Can I get mad at console gamers for a lousy port of GTAIV?

The Physics are about the quality of physics set to medium on a PC. Everything else is just window dressing. PC gamers always said what made Crysis great wasn't the visuals but the game-play; I agreed. You were a liar I guess. So far the scale is all there. The first three hours are indentical to the PC version. Same partols, same objectives, same map.

You're very narrow minded. So sad. You should be glad it was made into such a great port. Most console gamers will disagree with the TC. Pherhaps the next game from these guys will move closer to the heritage of Far Cry and Crysis, not Crysis 2.

Crysis on the ps3 impressed me so much it's fair to say that Crysis is no longer exclusive. I will see if it's missing a level soon.

They cut entire levels out of the game.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Kiyobear

It's not though. It really is true to the PC version.

Really now?: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3214/pa4wr.jpg

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I really liked the first game more, it really pushed PC gaming at the time and was exciting to play.
milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

You're playing the dumbed down version, with bad controls, bad nano-suit 2.0, pathetic LOD, **** graphics, and you claim you're playing the same game PC gamers enjoyed? Bravo.

Not a great fan of Crysis personnally, but the first part trounces any console fps I've ever played. And I've played quite a few.

But then again, console-only gamers are fond of corridor shooters. So having all those possibilities, those choices to make... That must actually not feel fun to you, rather puzzling.

Too bad Crysis didn't push the sandbox aspect further. Worse, the fact that Crysis 2 abandoned the idea of being true to that identity, and went for something much more mainstream (and boring).

I agree that the last third of Crysis is much worse than Crysis 2, though. It's amazing how Crytek decided to leave aside everything that made the game good in that part. fighting the aliens was boring, and the finale was abysmal.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Ok, so I saw Crysis in the PSN store and was freaking out because C2 is one of my favorite FPS. All I ever hear on forums is "dude, C2 sucks compared to the original" or "C2 is consolized garbage." Naturally that got me curious and at $20, I couldn't refuse. Game is all bs hype. What I like - the strength and speed in this game are pretty awesome, and I can see why a lot of people were upset over their absence in C2. It's still fun to run around and take out enemies however you want. That's it. What I don't like - everything else. The "open world" environment (which it isn't even really open world, so nice exaggerating guys :x) is so dull, generic, and empty feeling compared to C2's fantastic vision of a destroyed New York. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, and this couldn't be more true when comparing the environments of these two games. C2 may have been smaller, but it was a hell of a lot more interesting. And how bout dem graphics? C2 is beautiful on consoles, albiet with a few minor technical hitches. C1 on the other hand is one fugly looking game with those same technical hitches multiplied by 100. This is the best Crytek could do on PS3? There are far better looking games that actually ARE open world, like RDR and InFamous 2. The biggest annoyance though is that C1 doesn't even feel like a game, but more like a tech demo. Where's the story, characters, pacing, epic set pieces, etc? C2 had an excellent campaign that moved at a nice pace with atmospheric environments. The gameplay felt smoother and more varied in C2 as well. Crysis - 7.5 Crysis 2- 9.5Master_ShakeXXX

So you're basing your entire experience with Crysis on a console version?? Well, you've said your piece (even though it's completely skewed) so you can now go back to runthrough #824 of Vanquish.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 turtlethetaffer

You're playing the dumbed down version, with bad controls, bad nano-suit 2.0, pathetic LOD, **** graphics, and you claim you're playing the same game PC gamers enjoyed? Bravo.

Not a great fan of Crysis personnally, but the first part trounces any console fps I've ever played. And I've played quite a few.

But then again, console-only gamers are fond of corridor shooters. So having all those possibilities, those choices to make... That must actually not feel fun to you, rather puzzling.

Too bad Crysis didn't push the sandbox aspect further. Worse, the fact that Crysis 2 abandoned the idea of being true to that identity, and went for something much more mainstream (and boring).

I agree that the last third of Crysis is much worse than Crysis 2, though. It's amazing how Crytek decided to leave aside everything that made the game good in that part. fighting the aliens was boring, and the finale was abysmal.

milannoir

wow, this post reeks of elitism. And from what I understand the level that was cut was one that wasn't liked very much anyways.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

I couldn't stand the first Crysis for more than 20 minutes.

Bought it off Steam and was just left diappointed.

romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts

[QUOTE="milannoir"]

turtlethetaffer

wow, this post reeks of elitism. And from what I understand the level that was cut was one that wasn't liked very much anyways.

To the corridor shooters notion. First of all, that's a generic assumption to make. What proof do you have, or what research have you done to make a conclusion about the preferences of console gamers. Secondly, I felt that the "open world" of Crysis was an illusion. Certainly, there were large spaces, but I was disappointed in the fact that the game still felt linear. If it is gameplay, and not graphics that we are discussing, I feel that there is a valid comparison between the two versions. The gameplay is fun, for sure, but I can't help but feel that it isn't everything I was told it would be.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="milannoir"]

romans828_2002

To the corridor shooters notion. First of all, that's a generic assumption to make. What proof do you have, or what research have you done to make a conclusion about the preferences of console gamers. Secondly, I felt that the "open world" of Crysis was an illusion. Certainly, there were large spaces, but I was disappointed in the fact that the game still felt linear. If it is gameplay, and not graphics that we are discussing, I feel that there is a valid comparison between the two versions. The gameplay is fun, for sure, but I can't help but feel that it isn't everything I was told it would be.

Hey you just comitted blasphemy against one of the PC's most holy of games!

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
I agree Crysis 2 is much better than Crysis. Crysis had far too many slow spots where you had to spend ten minutes getting from point A to point B. Then you have the entire Core level which I thought completely sucked. The suit overall is much better in Crysis 2 as well.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#42 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Shake, I think you liking Vanquish is a fluke. It has to be. Because if you think Crysis 2 is better than the original game than you just lost all shooter priviledges.

The shooter community demands an apology, lest you choose to be banished forever.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

Shake, I think you liking Vanquish is a fluke. It has to be. Because if you think Crysis 2 is better than the original game than you just lost all shooter priviledges.

The shooter community demands an apology, lest you choose to be banished forever.

NeonNinja
The shooter community doesn't care about anything not names Call of Duty.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

"dude, C2 sucks compared to the original" or "C2 is consolized garbage." so you play the consolized version of Crysis?

One of the most complained about things about Crysis 2 was the controls. They sucked and were so limiting compared to Crysis 1 PC. Crysis Console uses the same crap controls as Crysis 2.

They removed a bunch of levels and the gameplay was changed. I swear I saw that you could sprint on Crysis 1 Console for like 45 seconds before running out of energy. On the PC ver., you only had like 5 seconds of sprint. Strength was also a control manuel method, while on the consoles it does it for you.

You couldn't run and gun on the PC version of Crysis because you had such a limited energy bar. Increased the tactical planning.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

IMO they're both mediocre. The only thing good in them is the pretty graphics

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts

Crysis 2 was an average game that in no way shape or form compares to the original.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]Ok, so I saw Crysis in the PSN storeKiyobear

Agreed. I get so sick of how people think around here.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

crysis 2 is way better than the first game. i dont care what hermits say

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#49 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

i5750at4Ghz

The shooter community doesn't acknowledge Call of Duty. That belongs to the infidels.

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

NeonNinja

The shooter community doesn't acknowledge Call of Duty. That belongs to the infidels.

And the infants.