heavy rain to look better than uncharted 2

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

karsa-orlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 karsa-orlong
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

thats saying something. wasnt the 360 supposed to release a game that beats the ps3 games graphically? its been kz2-->uc2-->heavy rain-->and prob gow3.

http://www.nextgn.com/2010/02/05/heavy-rain-graphics-top-uncharted-2/

Longcat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Longcat2
Member since 2008 • 924 Posts

not really hard to achieve when you consider the type of game it is.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

It's pretty much an interactive movie. That's to be expected.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts
To be fair, Heavy Rain is an adventure game. 360 games generally don't look as good because they have to use part of their processing power on things like enemy AI, constant movement and motion blur, physics, etc. etc. I'm sure that with enough money developers could easily make a fantastic looking adventure game on the 360, too.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

when you don't have to process A.I, it is no miracle

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

To be fair, Heavy Rain is an adventure game. 360 games generally don't look as good because they have to use part of their processing power on things like enemy AI, constant movement and motion blur, physics, etc. etc. I'm sure that with enough money developers could easily make a fantastic looking adventure game on the 360, too.Planeforger
^ This, BTW what ever happen to the Longest Journey episodes that were coming out on PC and 360?

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

Ah, but will Heavy Rain look better than Alan Wake, that's what I want to know.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

It may look better, but considering there's nothing to process, I frankly think it's rather unimpressive.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

WHat I've seen of Alan Wake & Heavy Rain... they seem to be about on par with one another.... also in Alan Wake you actually, you know... have combat with enemies on screen....

karsa-orlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 karsa-orlong
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

It may look better, but considering there's nothing to process, I frankly think it's rather unimpressive.

Vaasman

if its that easy, wouldnt all adventure games be graphical powerhouses?

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 windsquid9000

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

karsa-orlong

Ask the devs.

EDIT: Most likely production costs.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

windsquid9000

Ask the devs.

Most adventure games are budget titles... thats why they are adventure games. Heavy Rain has had the benefit of a nice big budget from Sony.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Heavy Rain is currently giving me an uncanny valley vibe to be honest.

Still interested in it though.

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#15 RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

Click on this for Demo

Use that link if you want to play the demo. its 1.7GB

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#16 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Imagine the textures on that juice carton!
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
To be fair, Heavy Rain is an adventure game. 360 games generally don't look as good because they have to use part of their processing power on things like enemy AI, constant movement and motion blur, physics, etc. etc. I'm sure that with enough money developers could easily make a fantastic looking adventure game on the 360, too.Planeforger
Not a great excuse because UC2 and KZ2, but I agree Heavy Rain does not have alot going on at once. I plan on picking up day one but it is mostly because the game will be more of an experience than a traditional game.
Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

From what i've seen uc2 looks better not that impressed with heavy rain.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

WTF??Now cows will lie to themselves that it looks better just so they can say,see how ps3 is getting better and better looking games while truth is KZ2>>Heavy Rain,dont even want to put UC2 there.Now on the topic,this game is interactive movie,but i predict there will be people who will compare it to the Crysis...

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 windsquid9000

WTF??Now cows will lie to themselves that it looks better just so they can say,see how ps3 is getting better and better looking games while truth is KZ2>>Heavy Rain,dont even want to put UC2 there.Now on the topic,this game is interactive movie,but i predict there will be people who will compare it to the Crysis...

Bus-A-Bus
I don't understand the love for KZ2's graphics. Looks terrible, imo.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts
For a QTE movie the HR it look good but nothing special.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

windsquid9000

I don't understand the love for KZ2's graphics. Looks terrible, imo.

KZ2 in motion looks very nice.It doesent gave that detailed look of UC2 but its lightning,particle effect and others make up for it.

Avatar image for LiquidSnake1001
LiquidSnake1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LiquidSnake1001
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts
Heavy Rain should look alot better for what it is, Cows can't even try and hype this as graphics king.
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

Lethargika

definitely no. if youve been following alan wake, you know that (weirdly), all those gameplay vids are looking worse every time. not just that, but the horror of it is turning into a 3rd person shooter/action game. seriously.

also, Splinter Cell conviction's latest vids look nothing compared to the E3 demo. they kinda look worse as well. i wonder what's up with that.

if anything in the 360 that looks good right now and may be on par with KZ2 and UC2 is Metro 2033.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Lethargika"]

roddollente

definitely no. if youve been following alan wake, you know that (weirdly), all those gameplay vids are looking worse every time. not just that, but the horror of it is turning into a 3rd person shooter/action game. seriously.

also, Splinter Cell conviction's latest vids look nothing compared to the E3 demo. they kinda look worse as well. i wonder what's up with that.

if anything in the 360 that looks good right now and may be on par with KZ2 and UC2 is Metro 2033.

You are wrong, must be seeing some other Alan Wake because the one i see is definitely better looking then those old builds earlier.Just look at old build.

And now look at this video,it looks absolutely incredible.The textures,lightning,fog,look at trees waving in the wind :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-alan-wake/53343

Now its old video,from e3 2009 and they are still polishing.I dont know REMEDY is one of finest devs when it comes to graphics,just look at Max Payne 2,on highest it looks better then some games now.

And for SC C,everything now looks better then then.Just look at new screens,great.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 windsquid9000

And now look at this video,it looks absolutely incredible.The textures,lightning,fog,look at trees waving in the wind :)

Now its old video,from e3 2009 and they are still polishing.I dont know REMEDY is one of finest devs when it comes to graphics,just look at Max Payne 2,on highest it looks better then some games now.

And for SC C,everything now looks better then then.Just look at new screens,great.

Bus-A-Bus

Off screen...

Even still, it does look nice...

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

windsquid9000

Off screen...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-opening-alan-wake/58973

My bad,but this one is not,still looks great though.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 windsquid9000

[QUOTE="windsquid9000"]

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]

Bus-A-Bus

Off screen...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-opening-alan-wake/58973

My bad,but this one is not,still looks great though.

Very nice. That PC version better not take too long or else blood will be shed :twisted:
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
May I ask what is so special about Heavy rain? Isn't it just like indigo prophecy, but with a story that doesn't turn into a matrix rip-off?
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#30 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Personally, I don't think it looks that special in terms of graphics. It doesn't look near as attractive as Uncharted 2 if you ask me. Hell, I think that RE5 looks better.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

May I ask what is so special about Heavy rain? Isn't it just like indigo prophecy, but with a story that doesn't turn into a matrix rip-off?_Pedro_

Its an old school adventure game with a budget and amazing graphics. I am not particulalrly exicted for it, but will give it a shot.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Lethargika
My guess is no. It'll look good, but like I've said before, I don't think a 360 exclusive (or the 360 version of a 360/PC multiplat) will ever surpass a PS3 exclusive in graphics. Not saying it can't happen, I just don't think it ever will.
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 windsquid9000
[QUOTE="Lethargika"]

Doolz2024
My guess is no. It'll look good, but like I've said before, I don't think a 360 exclusive (or the 360 version of a 360/PC multiplat) will ever surpass a PS3 exclusive in graphics. Not saying it can't happen, I just don't think it ever will.

At least not when one's open-world and the other's more scripted than a movie.
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

UC2 looks much better then heavy rain. and thats quite disapointing considering heavy rain is an interactive movie while UC2 is a video game

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Doolz2024
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="Lethargika"]

windsquid9000

Who cares what type of game it is? I've yet to see something on 360 that surpasses Uncharted 2 and KZ2, and now soon to be Heavy Rain. You think the 360 could have a "movie", as you call it, like Heavy Rain, and look better than anything on PS3? This would never happen obviously, but say Quantic Dream made Heavy Rain on the 360. Would it surpass or even come close to what we're seeing on PS3? Again, I'd have to say "no".
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 windsquid9000
[QUOTE="windsquid9000"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]My guess is no. It'll look good, but like I've said before, I don't think a 360 exclusive (or the 360 version of a 360/PC multiplat) will ever surpass a PS3 exclusive in graphics. Not saying it can't happen, I just don't think it ever will.Doolz2024

Who cares what type of game it is? I've yet to see something on 360 that surpasses Uncharted 2 and KZ2, and now soon to be Heavy Rain. You think the 360 could have a "movie", as you call it, like Heavy Rain, and look better than anything on PS3? This would never happen obviously, but say Quantic Dream made Heavy Rain on the 360. Would it surpass or even come close to what we're seeing on PS3? Again, I'd have to say "no".

You never know...
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

i lol when people honestly think that heavy rain or gow3 etc wont look better then uncharted2 or killzone 2

u think when sony devs put out those games there were going to stop trying to do even better? im pretty sure either Gow3, Last Guardian, and Heavy Rain will look just as good or even better

tupapi006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tupapi006
Member since 2003 • 2980 Posts

heavy rain is not a video Game :?

This Fanboys are Crazy :?

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="windsquid9000"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]My guess is no. It'll look good, but like I've said before, I don't think a 360 exclusive (or the 360 version of a 360/PC multiplat) will ever surpass a PS3 exclusive in graphics. Not saying it can't happen, I just don't think it ever will.Doolz2024

Yea thats like your opinion,but can you tell me why do you think it wouldnt look like that?

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Doolz2024
Yea thats like your opinion,but can you tell me why do you think it wouldnt look like that?Bus-A-Bus
I simply don't think we'll see a game on 360 (exclusive or PC/360) that surpasses the best looking PS3 exclusives. I will continue to say so until proven otherwise.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bus-A-Bus

[QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]Yea thats like your opinion,but can you tell me why do you think it wouldnt look like that?Doolz2024
I simply don't think we'll see a game on 360 (exclusive or PC/360) that surpasses the best looking PS3 exclusives. I will continue to say so until proven otherwise.

Oh.ok...i just wanted to know if there is technical reason for that,well my opinion is that you will be proven otherwise.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

heavy rain is not a video Game :?

This Fanboys are Crazy :?

tupapi006

most likely because there are no guns.

but am looking forward to something different for our beloved medium.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

I don't like the bloom on his jacket I hate it.

furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="windsquid9000"]At least not when one's open-world and the other's more scripted than a movie.Bus-A-Bus

Yea thats like your opinion,but can you tell me why do you think it wouldnt look like that?

Basically it's one of three things...1) MS has no interest in the best looking console game 2) The 360 isn't capable of the best looking console game 3) Lemmings buy games regardless of quality (refer back to 1) ;)

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

From the videos Ive seen, Uncharted 2 still looks better.

IppoTenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IppoTenma
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

From the videos Ive seen, Uncharted 2 still looks better.

h575309
Defintely. Still picking up Heavy Rain though.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Doolz2024

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="Bus-A-Bus"]Yea thats like your opinion,but can you tell me why do you think it wouldnt look like that?Bus-A-Bus

Oh.ok...i just wanted to know if there is technical reason for that,well my opinion is that you will be proven otherwise.

Doubt it. I don't think the 360 is capable enough.
halo_wars86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 halo_wars86
Member since 2009 • 1505 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

karsa-orlong

i think they can make the game look better almost cgi quality since most of the game is quick time effects. but without a down i agree with the poster the game looks better than uncharted 2. even killzone looks better than uncharted 2. unlike killzone 2 uncharted 2 graphcis does not look anywhere like the pictures people post here and im using a bravia x series tv. but heavy rain looks good and good of war demo graphics look great but not as good as heavy rain.

i need to see a daytime level for god of war 3 so i can judge the graphics.

furomaster_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 furomaster_99
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

halo_wars86

i think they can make the game look better almost cgi quality since most of the game is quick time effects. but without a down i agree with the poster the game looks better than uncharted 2. even killzone looks better than uncharted 2. unlike killzone 2 uncharted 2 graphcis does not look anywhere like the pictures people post here and im using a bravia x series tv. but heavy rain looks good and good of war demo graphics look great but not as good as heavy rain.

I disagree. I completed U2 and the graphics look like the pictures posted on here. You obviously haven't played it or you hope that others who haven't played it believe you. Nice try though. ;)

halo_wars86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 halo_wars86
Member since 2009 • 1505 Posts

[QUOTE="halo_wars86"]

[QUOTE="karsa-orlong"]

furomaster_99

I disagree. I completed U2 and the graphics look like the pictures posted on here. You obviously haven't played it or you hope that others who haven't played it believe you. Nice try though. ;)

no i played it and hated it. also i did not say the game looks bad but its not as good as the bullshots every1 is posting. i did not like the game is only played the snow intro then the persian or arab missions then i started the forest level and quit playing the game ever since i did not like the game at all but the graphics are good but its not as good as killzone. just leave it to gamespto fanboys to overhyper U2 the game is nothing special with boring mp.

also i own al system except wii so i think my opinion is less baised than urs