Heavy Rain - the new graphics king but does it count...

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

heavy rain visually has the best graphics I have ever seen, the character models are just brilliant i've never seen anything as detailed in a game before. I have a PC that is more than capable at running crysis on Gamer settings and yes heavy rain Looks better but having said that Does Heavy Rain count, because there isnt exaclty much that has to go on compared to Shooter games, it doesnt have to worry about AI/particle effects 5-15 enemies on a map all shooting at once and big draw distances, so while heavy rain is the best Looking game out at the moment can it really be considered the graphics king....

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
lol, it doesn't look better than crysis. and crysis doesn't have a "gamer" setting. That is warhead. Plus, the gamer setting isn't even the highest..... Fail.
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

lol wut. Uncharted 2 destroys Heavy Rain in terms of graphics and animation.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

It's no graphic King. CGI movie King maybe. lol!!

I'll get Alan Wake before I get Heavy Rain. Then didn't even need to make a game out of Heavy Rain. Just put it on a DVD and release it as a CGI movie. That's all it is basically.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I don't think it is, but even if it was it wouldn't count. Like racing games.
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

What about Disneys Pixar huh? Might as well throw them in for that title too now!:P Fair is fair

methinksyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 methinksyou
Member since 2010 • 393 Posts

I'll get Alan Wake before I get Heavy Rain. Then didn't even need to make a game out of Heavy Rain. Just put it on a DVD and release it as a CGI movie. That's all it is basically.

XanderZane
Because you played it, right?
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
The character models do look impressive but the overall environments just look ok. To be expected of a scripted game though. I still like Uncharted over this. And Crysis obviously looks better.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
The only thing that is going to surpass the current graphics king is Crysis 2.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It looks amazing, but Uncharted 2 still looks better overall, especially animations. Heavy Rain does look more realistic, however, but that's when some of the odd animations pop in. Oddly enough, some animations are actually pretty stellar. I thought Shelby was easily the most convincing.

This could change once I play the entire game, though. I'll have to see the entire thing.

I'm sure I'll like Heavy Rain the best, though.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
I highly doubt Heavy Rain will beat UC2, but then again...I didn't think UC2 would actually be comparable to Crysis.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#12 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Heavy Rain is not graphics king. Nor "console graphics king" as the kids like to call it. Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 easily look better than Heavy Rain. Hell, I think Resident Evil 5 looks better than Heavy Rain. And don't get me started with PC games.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Uncharted 2 > Heavy rain imo.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

You compared it to Crysis, this will not end well...

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

What about Disneys Pixar huh? Might as well throw them in for that title too now!:P Fair is fair

vaderhater

Comparing Pixar movies to an Adventure game? Yea go ahead because that makes so much sense. :roll:. As fr Heavy Rain yea it looks great but Crisis and Uncharted 2 still look better.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Heavy rain has the best visuals on PS3 for sure, but nah not even close to crysis, all the high render models are done off action.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

jasonharris48

Comparing Pixar movies to anAdventure game? Yea go ahead because that makes so much sense. :roll:

HR's own guy said it was not a game but an interactive movie........ MOVIE!

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Hmmmm. I'm feeling very tempted to post a Crysis screenshot... Nevermid...

I wonder what they could do with the engine ifthey bothered to develop for PC, since it is probably not gonna sell well. It looks good but there is a bothering awkwardness in the character's that i can't quite describe.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Totalgym9000
lol, it doesn't look better than crysis. and crysis doesn't have a "gamer" setting. That is warhead. Plus, the gamer setting isn't even the highest..... Fail.SF_KiLLaMaN
Ah well I have a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 so it's a pretty decent card and crysis warhead runs great on it, and Im saying heavy rain Looks better it's just in a much smaller setting.
bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
On consoles right now id have to say metro 2033 is my graphics king but thats just me that game looks incredible
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

if i were you , i wouldn't say it's better than Crysis , simply because that will define you here as a cow ............ the game looks incrideble, i see no reason to prevent it from competing over the console gfx king, it plays like an interactive movie, so what ??? it's still a game, everything is rendered by ingame engine.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

vaderhater

Comparing Pixar movies to anAdventure game? Yea go ahead because that makes so much sense. :roll:

David Cage uhh the other Kanye West of the game industries. It's a Adventure game I can less what any body says.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Comparing Pixar movies to anAdventure game? Yea go ahead because that makes so much sense. :roll:

jasonharris48

David Cage uhh the other Kanye West of the game industries. It's a Adventure game I can less what any body says.

Thats ok. Who cares about what it really is.............:P

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

It does look awe inspiring. Its really really great. But it doesn't beat crysis. Sorry.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

It looks great. Of course the scenes are really small, so they can add more detailed models and textures.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Totalgym9000

if i were you , i wouldn't say it's better than Crysis , simply because that will define you here as a cow ............ the game looks incrideble, i see no reason to prevent it from competing over the console gfx king, it plays like an interactive movie, so what ??? it's still a game, everything is rendered by ingame engine.

2mrw

I am a cow when it comes to consoles I own all 3 but the other 2 can go jump, apart from the Last story that is coming out on Wii should be awesome and lost odyssey for 360 is the best JRPG so far this gen, But apart from that I luv PC gaming, it's the best.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Really? Fail.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]HR's own guy said it was not a game but an interactive movie........ MOVIE!

vaderhater

Thats ok. Who cares about what it really is.............:P

Oh yea because Heavy Rain is the first Adventure game to play like that. HR plays just like IndigoProphecy and if I remember Cage was calling IP an Adventure game. So if Cage enjoys contradicting him self he can go right head and do such lol.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Its not even the best looking PS3 game

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

lol heavy rain a graphics king lol just like MGS4 is a technical achievment

Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
HR is looking good...and thats all..there are plenty console games looking better. Best part of HR gfx are the character models....but they arent any better than in ME2 or U2...
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Looks great but graphics king?? Im sure alot of ppl here also think its only possible on PS3 :P

Best hyping machine ever! I have to give that to sony

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
[QUOTE="XanderZane"]

methinksyou
Because you played it, right?

Anyone who calls it a movie is a blatant fanboy. They should at least give the game a test drive before making a fool out of themselves.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Totalgym9000
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Looks great but graphics king?? Im sure alot of ppl here also think its only possible on PS3 :P

Well Heavy rain, uncharted 2 and killzone 2 are pretty much the best 3 looking games on consoles and im sure god of war 3 will be right up there as well, it's a growing trend ps3 exclusive games are the best looking console games right now......
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Totalgym9000

Well Heavy rain, uncharted 2 and killzone 2 are pretty much the best 3 looking games on consoles and im sure god of war 3 will be right up there as well, it's a growing trend ps3 exclusive games are the best looking console games right now......

The only graphics king i know is Crysis on PC. On consoles its U2 > KZ2 > Gears2. Heavy Rain and GoW3 are not even out yet. Im sure they will be amazing games but going by the vids i have been watching they dont look better than other games on both consoles, exclusives and multiplats

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

The only graphics king i know is Crysis on PC. On consoles its U2 > KZ2 > Gears2. Heavy Rain and GoW3 are not even out yet. Im sure they will be amazing games but going by the vids i have been watching they dont look better than other games on both consoles, exclusives and multiplats

Play an demo (if you got PS3 or go to friend)... really i also was thinking the same way by the trailers, but when i seen a game.... my eye balls got out, it's truly looks better then UC2.

Since it's non much freedom action game, it's natural that it got great graphics

AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AdjacentLives
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

Quantic Dream could have easily just licensed the CryEngine 3, and just made a game out of that. If it looks anywhere near as good as the promotional video for it, then it would surpass everything.

Or they should of just made the whole thing out of CGI.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jasonharris48

Quantic Dream could have easily just licensed the CryEngine 3, and just made a game out of that. If it looks anywhere near as good as the promotional video for it, then it would surpass everything.

AdjacentLives

They couldn't have made it out of CGI. The game isn't just QTE. You should play the Pal demo and understand what I mean. (if they have any codes left)

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShadowriverUB

AdjacentLives

CryEngine is too big for such game, keep in mind that engine is not only a grpahics but also object and world/map menagment and base interaction between them, some engines simply don't fit to game

CGI would not work since HR is not much QTE only as people are conviced

AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AdjacentLives

[QUOTE="AdjacentLives"]

jasonharris48

They couldn't have made it out of CGI. The game isn't just QTE. You should play the Pal demo and understand what I mean. (if they have any codes left)

Then what about Cry Engine 3 ? If optimized right, they could probably have had all the walking around (non-QTE, scripted scenes) with the CryEngine holding together at 20-30 fps. If Naughty Dog could make a game as good looking as Uncharted 2 with as many on screen things going on as there are, then Quantic should be able to as well.

AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AdjacentLives

[QUOTE="AdjacentLives"]

ShadowriverUB

CryEngine is too big for such game, keep in mind that engine is not only a grpahics but also object and world/map menagment and base interaction between them, some engines simply don't fit to game

Ah, well thanks for that. I didn't actually fully understand why they didn't license the CE3 in the first place.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"] Well Heavy rain, uncharted 2 and killzone 2 are pretty much the best 3 looking games on consoles and im sure god of war 3 will be right up there as well, it's a growing trend ps3 exclusive games are the best looking console games right now......ShadowriverUB

Play an demo (if you got PS3 or go to friend)... really i also was thinking the same way by the trailers, but when i seen a game.... my eye balls got out, it's truly looks better then UC2.

Since it's non much freedom action game, it's natural that it got great graphics

Hopefully ill play the full game at my friends and im sure ill love it. The thing is that imo this isnt the kind of game that could be considered a graphics king considering everything is scripted and happens in very small areas. Is like saying Fight Night Round is the graphics king going by its awesome character models.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ShadowriverUB

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"]

[QUOTE="AdjacentLives"]

AdjacentLives

Ah, well thanks for that. I didn't actually fully understand why they didn't license the CE3 in the first place.

CE3 is for large open areas games HR don't need that, it needs engine that just generates small areas for scenes also handles basic movment and QTE not full action movment system. CE3 and HR engine is like water and oil

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="AdjacentLives"]

AdjacentLives

Then what about Cry Engine 3 ? If optimized right, they could probably have had all the walking around (non-QTE, scripted scenes) with the CryEngine holding together at 20-30 fps. If Naughty Dog could make a game as good looking as Uncharted 2 with as many on screen things going on as there are, then Quantic should be able to as well.

I don't know about the Cry Engine too much. SO I can't really say how an Adventure game would turn out if developed using the engine. As ShadowriverUB said it might be too big. Also there might also be the case dos Crytek even license the engine now?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

No this type of game can never be a Graphics King.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#46 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
heavy rain is far from having best graphics...
mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

why are graphics king games always the ones i avoid?

crysis,uncharted2 and this

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
What? Heavy Rain doesn't even look better than Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Gears 2, MGS4 or Resi 5. It's not even in the same league as Crysis.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Crysis looks better. /thread
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasonharris48

No this type of game can never be a Graphics King.

xhawk27

Wrong lol. The year the first Shenmue came it was considered the best looking game on home console. (yes Shenmue is an Adventure game)