Heavy Rain for the Move is INCREDIBLE.

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HelloMoto56
Member since 2010 • 1233 Posts

seriously, i didn't expect to say this, but after playing the patched version of Heavy Rain with the Move peripheal i have to say that my views on motion controls have changed completely.

the accuracy is PERFECT. infact, it's probably as close to 1:1 you're ever going to get this generation. toppled with the way the fight scenes work with the Move (which i thought would actually be pretty terrible), i walked away actually enjoying Heavy Rain MORE than when i played it with my controller, which has never happened before.

also, i'm not sure how much this pertains to the relevancy of the post, but after searching through store to store prior to my purchase of PSMove, i came up with these results:

it appears not only is it selling extremely well (it was sold out at both my local Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy), but it also has a lineup of pre-existing and future titles that actually work suprisingly well.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Blog material, perhaps?

would seem about right.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Glad to hear it, although I will probably never get it.

I loved Heavy Rain, and I think it would be cool with motion controls, too bad I'll probably never play it with them.

hd5870corei7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hd5870corei7
Member since 2010 • 1612 Posts

Well Heavy Rain was an AMAZING game.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

I dont get to epxierence the awesomeness since it STILL retails for $60 :(

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HelloMoto56

Blog material, perhaps?

would seem about right.

HavocV3

"blog material" is an incredibly exhausted way of trolling a thread, since arguably 80% of the threads on System Wars could be worthwhile blog topics.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

you took a picture at one store? without any context, and its fuzzy as hell? why no pictures from all 3 stores?

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HelloMoto56

you took a picture at one store? without any context, and its fuzzy as hell? why no pictures from all 3 stores?

WilliamRLBaker

that's a camera phone screenshot. and excuse me for not carrying around my HD 1080p resolution camera. i sometimes forget to have it with me at all times.

and actually, i was going to do just that, but truth be told, it'd be redundant considering there's been various reports of this happening all over. albeit; no proof.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

HelloMoto56

that's a camera phone screenshot. and excuse me for not carrying around my HD 1080p resolution camera. i sometimes forget to have it with me at all times.

and actually, i was going to do just that, but truth be told, it'd be redundant considering there's been various reports of this happening all over. albeit; no proof.

This was ALSO shot at a gamestop, Moves midnight launch

DarkStraberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkStraberry
Member since 2009 • 572 Posts

WilliamRLBaker
Attacking the picture instead of the statement that Heavy is better with move. Are you conceding that Move might be good, will you be trying then?
HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HelloMoto56

DroidPhysX

lol, that picture has spawned some of the most silliest comparisons this year (such as Halo: Reach midnight launch vs. Playstation Move midnight launch).

really, no one's going to go to a midnight launch of a peripheal, especially if said peripheal is a motion controller. even with that stated though, no one, including me, expected it to be doing so well both critically and commercially.

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts
*pic*HelloMoto56
Wow the Nav controller is actually 20$? Not bad I thought they were 30 bucks.
HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HelloMoto56

[QUOTE="HelloMoto56"]*pic*RavenLoud
Wow the Nav controller is actually 20$? Not bad I thought they were 30 bucks.

that $29.99 is the accessory navigation controller, i believe...

and, oh, no. there were like two racks. my Target has gone through a pretty bad *** renovation to their Electronics section, so everything is alot more open and easy to look through.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Keiji993
Member since 2009 • 1059 Posts

WilliamRLBaker
so it's ok when kotaku posts a random pic outside of a gamespot with a move sign indicating it no one got it in the whole WORLD? Because kotakus pic = the world
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Heavy Rain was an amazing game but i couldn't replay it with move.

Alot of the impact of the game is lost once you know the ending.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

i cant believe what im going to say but, i miss the old cows that were simply ignorant and hated motion controls.

Ignorance was still better then hypocrisy.

Whenever someone tryes to give his personal opinion on something, and then combines it with a way to justify it by posting something sale related, its just sad.

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HelloMoto56

Whenever someone tryes to give his personal opinion on something, and then combines it with a way to justify it by posting something sale related, its just sad.

Half-Way

what?

did you perhaps neglect to inform yourself on the title of my thread? because if you had, you'd have noted the fact that i questioned the relevancy of such a picture, but opted to include it anyway since it's there.

and really? are you indirectly calling me a cow for praising the Move? because if so, the amount of counter-hypocrisy in your statement is indicative of how much you actually bothered to read through my post.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="HelloMoto56"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

DroidPhysX

This was shot at a Move launch also.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/eio6m1.jpg

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
I'm glad to hear you like it but I'm curious as to how the game improved with Move support....could you elaborate? Also what line up of existing games does it have apart from Sports Champions and the PSN game Tumble?
yodaddyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yodaddyninja
Member since 2009 • 769 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="HelloMoto56"]

FIipMode

If people really stood outside a store for several hours for the Move, I feel bad for them.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

it's probably as close to 1:1 you're ever going to get this generation.

HelloMoto56

no....just no...

It has around the same input latency as a Wii Remote with Wii M+. They're near equal in terms of being "close to 1:1"

Not to mention.......

[spoiler] da PC [/spoiler]

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]This was ALSO shot at a gamestop, Moves midnight launchyodaddyninja

If people really stood outside a store for several hours for the Move, I feel bad for them.

If they do this for any product i would feel bad for them not just MOVE.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Nice. I want Move just for this game.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Kashiwaba

Whats wrong with queueing for a product on release day?

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

i cant believe what im going to say but, i miss the old cows that were simply ignorant and hated motion controls.

Half-Way
All fanboys are the same at the end of the day. If cows were the ones who went the Wii route while Nintendo went for the tech, I bet sheep would do the same thing. Also, I heard that back in 2007 the sheep were spamming sales threads, bragging about it every occasion. I wasn't a member at the time so I can't confirm though.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="yodaddyninja"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

Kashiwaba

I've done it once lol, won't do it again but I had no choice, it was a couple weeks after the Wii just came out and you couldn't find that thing anywhere.

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HelloMoto56

It has around the same input latency as a Wii Remote with Wii M+. They're near equal in terms of being "close to 1:1"

Raymundo_Manuel

this is wrong. besides the fact that's it's factual that the Playstation Move is generally more accurate and efficient than the original Wii remote and it's Plus iteration, there have been numerous claims countering your exact statements.

and "da PC"? mind elaborating?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

[QUOTE="yodaddyninja"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

Kashiwaba

I've seen people wait in like for the release of a new sneaker. To each his own.

I waited in line for eight hours to have my MGS4 signed by Hideo Kojima on release day. Totally worth it.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Ha, you said "both," then listed three things.

Heavy Rain on its own is incredible, one of the best games of all time. I don't need the Move to experience it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

my reaction: lulz :lol: move, LULZ!!!! :lol: :lol::lol:heavy rain!

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HelloMoto56

Riverwolf007

really? i was under the impression that everything that isn't Xbox related necessitated an obligatory ":lol:" from you.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Wow a store sold out. Great info there.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

HelloMoto56

really? i was under the impression that everything that isn't Xbox related necessitated an obligatory ":lol:" from you.

when a 360 title features blazing hot reaching into my pocket for an asthma inhaler action then i will ridicule that game also.

as far as kinect goes (which is xbox related)why doncha try and find me saying anything other than a joke about it. go ahead see if you can find one.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

HelloMoto56

what?

did you perhaps neglect to inform yourself on the title of my thread? because if you had, you'd have noted the fact that i questioned the relevancy of such a picture, but opted to include it anyway since it's there.

and really? are you indirectly calling me a cow for praising the Move? because if so, the amount of counter-hypocrisy in your statement is indicative of how much you actually bothered to read through my post.

to make it short.

my statement was made because of your choice to include the picture, the relevance and the choice are two different things.

As for the cow, its not a result of your thread, but mainly the result of the different threads on SW involving the move controller.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

HelloMoto56

this is wrong. besides the fact that's it's factual that the Playstation Move is generally more accurate and efficient than the original Wii remote and it's Plus iteration, there have been numerous claims countering your exact statements.

and "da PC"? mind elaborating?

I'm well aware it's more accurate. Camera + better software goes a long way to making games feel like they actually have depth to them rather than just swinging a remote.

But, because of input latency neither of them is actually any closer to 1:1 than the other. If you lift your arm up with the Wii and PS Move both will react to it at near the same speed.

This is a pretty good judge of what I'm talking about

Stick that meter on around 15-20ms, and you've got what Wii M+ and PS Move are like. 50ms would be what the original Wii controller was like (which is pretty bad)

And I mention "da PC" because you claimed PS Move was as close to 1:1 you could ever get this gen. Just felt like shooting it down cuz that's the type of elitist I am.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

Riverwolf007

whats so funny?

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HelloMoto56

[QUOTE="HelloMoto56"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Riverwolf007

when a 360 title features blazing hot reaching into my pocket for an asthma inhaler action then i will ridicule that game also.

as far as kinect goes (which is xbox related)why doncha try and find me saying anything other than a joke about it. go ahead see if you can find one.

really? because my initial expectations of you were:

"Heavy Rain :lol:! God of War 3 :lol:! LittleBigPlanet :lol:! Uncharted 1 & 2 :lol:! all PS3 exclusives besides maybe 2 :lol:! the PS3 :lol:".

and can you put me at fault for it really? you are frequently one-sided in your arguments.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

ultraking

whats so funny?

that combining 2 crappy things has the ability to make a super mega crappy thing.

it's kinda like a power ranger giant robot of suck.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

RavenLoud

All fanboys are the same at the end of the day. If cows were the ones who went the Wii route while Nintendo went for the tech, I bet sheep would do the same thing. Also, I heard that back in 2007 the sheep were spamming sales threads, bragging about it every occasion. I wasn't a member at the time so I can't confirm though.

believe me, i know that all fanboys are the same. But its the amount of fanboys in one particular group that annoys me. If sheep or Hermits where the most common group here, im sure the amount of ignorance and hypocrisy would be the same. But as things are now, its Cow-spot.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Riverwolf007

whats so funny?

that combining 2 crappy things has the ability to make a super mega crappy thing.

Heavy Rain has a higher meta than Alan Wake....i guess AW is a pile of crap.

Btw: We use GS scores to determine flops not comparing game scores, so dont even try

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="HelloMoto56"]

HelloMoto56

really? because my initial expectations of you were:

"Heavy Rain :lol:! God of War 3 :lol:! LittleBigPlanet :lol:! Uncharted 1 & 2 :lol:! all PS3 exclusives besides maybe 2 :lol:! the PS3 :lol:".

and can you put me at fault for it really? you are frequently one-sided in your arguments.

you have no clue what you are talking about. uncharted 1 and 2 are awesome and so was god of war.

LBP is a platformer with bad jumping physics which is lolworthy in epic proportions and heavy rain is a game you have to wade through 90% crap to get to 10% good bits. that's not ridicule worthy?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Riverwolf007

oh yeah infamous too, mos def a fan

HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HelloMoto56

you have no clue what you are talking about. uncharted 1 and 2 are awesome and so was god of war.

LBP is a platformer with bad jumping physics which is lolworthy in epic proportions and heavy rain is a game you have to wade through 90% crap to get to 10% good bits. that's not ridicule worthy?

Riverwolf007

as was aforementioned: it was only an assumption, nothing more. just, don't blame me for adopting a stereotype for you if you're frequently begging for it to be concepted.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Riverwolf007

whats so funny?

i like to think of move + heavy rain combining together to form awesome voltron

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]whats so funny?

DroidPhysX

Heavy Rain has a higher meta than Alan Wake....i guess AW is a pile of crap.

Btw: We use GS scores to determine flops not comparing game scores, so dont even try

you can use whatever thing for whatever thing that you are currently whatevering... i'm not talking scores i'm talking about me thinking heavy rain is crap that bored me silly.

pretty funny to want to start arguing scores, how many games have you called overated? my guess is plenty.

heh you act like AW is my gf and i'm going to get all up in arms because some people don't like it... you know what? if someone does not like it i can totally see where they are coming from.

if someone hates halo or fable or gears or MGS4 or whatever i know exactly what they are saying because of all the games i see with high scores that i think are bull.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Half-Way

Total truth right here. Cows had 4 years to get on the motion control bandwagon, but instead decided to insist that they were the bane of video games. Today they are the best thing ever.:roll:

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ultraking

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

goblaa

Total truth right here. Cows had 4 years to get on the motion control bandwagon, but instead decided to insist that they were the bane of video games. Today they are the best thing ever.:roll:

people and opinions change:roll:

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

ultraking

Not surprising when you write the word "sony" on something and call it done. Way to miss 4 years of great gaming over silly brand loyalty.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Half-Way

TC was surprised he liked it himself. People aren't allowed to grow?

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

goblaa

Not surprising when you write the word "sony" on something and call it done. Way to miss 4 years of great gaming over silly brand loyalty.

brand loyalty is why i bought a wii.. still waiting for the great games that interest me