xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts

With the rampant shortages with trying to get a next gen system, I finally got a hold of one. I wanted a PS5 but ended up with a Series X. I’m having second thoughts about my purchase. Full disclosure. I’m a PlayStation guy first and used to have all the systems. The last Xbox I had was a 360. I also have a capable gaming pc as well. I guess I’m asking is Gamepass worth it? What else am i looking forward to if I decide to keep it? Should I keep both when I do get a PS5?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

If you have a gaming PC with equal or better specs than a Series X, it is not worth buying. Series X is a good console, but you might as well buy a PS5 at that point for the exclusives as the MS games and multi-plats are best on PC. Also, GamePass is amazing.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7202 Posts

Just buy that GamePass and go crazy. No need wasting money on overpriced PS5 games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The Xbox is the most useless console ever created if you own a pc. That's all there is to it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

You know, PS5 only has three exclusives next year, that's not a lot. So you won't miss out on much.

99.8% of games out there are multiplat anyway.

Just get the Xbox Series X and gamepass and enjoy all the games out there. Be sure to check out Gears 2, 3, 5 and Kameo, all of which got Series X upgrades.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Yea if my next purchase was a ps5, I'd be having second thoughts

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Whole thread smells of BS

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@xboxps2cube: I'm a PC gamer first & foremost, if you have a capable gaming PC that is higher than Xbox Series X, you really don't need an Xbox console when you can play MS games on PC now and I use Game Pass on the PC so I wouldn't bother with an Xbox Series X. Game Pass is only worth it if there's at least 3/4 games you wanna play for renting without paying full price. Game pass has all of MS's first party games on it day one and that's the main difference why anyone would use it. Game pass is also play-anywhere so you can stream titles to pretty much any device. That's not something that personally interests me, but it is another thing PS Now doesn't offer.

With that said, I got myself an Xbox Series S not to long ago just to play last-gen games & 360 only, that's all its good for but never will be my main gaming machine. My advice in all of this is, PC+Game Pass (Xbox Play-Anywhere) & PS5 is often consider the best option to go with. Also it doesn't hurt to just go with Nintendo Switch over PS5 if you can manage but if you got the money, get both consoles.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

This again?

Why get a Series X if you have a capable PC?

I have a high end PC so I never even considered a Series X and was always going to get the next Playstation. I did end up buying a Series S to play BC titles in 60fps though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@thedork_knight said:

Whole thread smells of BS

^^^^

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69480 Posts

Uh OK. You want us to tell you whether or not the purchase you made was right.😂 In the SW forums. 🤣 These fake questions never gets old.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@Pedro said:

Uh OK. You want us to tell you whether or not the purchase you made was right.😂 In the SW forums. 🤣 These fake questions never gets old.

It's fakey alright but hey, I was bored today so I just well...went with it lol.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Get GamePass on your PC. lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69480 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

It's fakey alright but hey, I was bored today so I just well...went with it lol.

You are a good man.😊

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44177 Posts

I’m loving Game Pass myself. Will you? I don’t know. Give a trial run I guess. 🤷‍♂️

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@BassMan said:

If you have a gaming PC with equal or better specs than a Series X, it is not worth buying. Series X is a good console, but you might as well buy a PS5 at that point for the exclusives as the MS games and multi-plats are best on PC. Also, GamePass is amazing.

Unless you don't want to bother with all the crap that goes along with gaming on a PC. I work on my PC all day - I don't want to game on it as well.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Sell/trade the series X for a PS5, use gamepass on PC. Easy decision.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

Unless you don't want to bother with all the crap that goes along with gaming on a PC. I work on my PC all day - I don't want to game on it as well.

Always wonder what "all the crap" is with PC gaming people still refer to. There's way more crap to deal with on consoles than my PC. And you can't fix problems on consoles.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BassMan

@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

Not much more crap to deal with on PC. Most things are automated. Also, the working on PC all day and not wanting to game on it excuse is lame as fuk. You can easily hook up a PC to a TV and use a controller just like a console.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12957 Posts

@xboxps2cube said:

With the rampant shortages with trying to get a next gen system, I finally got a hold of one. I wanted a PS5 but ended up with a Series X. I’m having second thoughts about my purchase. Full disclosure. I’m a PlayStation guy first and used to have all the systems. The last Xbox I had was a 360. I also have a capable gaming pc as well. I guess I’m asking is Gamepass worth it? What else am i looking forward to if I decide to keep it? Should I keep both when I do get a PS5?

Own and enjoy both consoles.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

It's all ways better to own 2 systems.

I'm getting a series x once fable comes.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I really enjoy my Series X, but I think a PC does pretty much all the things that console does, and more. That being said, all of the consoles this year have something to offer. Gamepass is a great service.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:

I am guessing Fable is 2024 😞

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I'm enjoying both next gen system though it might have been different if I owned a pc.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@x_hedon: i was hoping at least 2023 lol. I might get a series x before that for Starfield. I like long high budget games like that. I hope hell blade 2 comes out good but after that last showing I need to see more. But for now Feb can't come soon enough for hzd2.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dabear

@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

Not much more crap to deal with on PC. Most things are automated. Also, the working on PC all day and not wanting to game on it excuse is lame as fuk. You can easily hook up a PC to a TV and use a controller just like a console.

Yeah - so says someone who isn't married. I can barely get my wife to accept a gaming console.

I don't like gaming on a PC. I really don't care about your arguments for PC gaming. You like it? Great. Have at it. Me - not so much.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dabear
@x_hedon said:
@gifford38 said:

I am guessing Fable is 2024 😞

As long as it's in development, I'm happy and willing to wait.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

How would we know? You wanted one thing, got impatient and got something you didn't want.

You don't sound fully open to what it's offering you. MS has been releasing quality games this year and adding them to Gamepass at no extra cost.

Here's the thing. You could have tried out these Xbox games before you bought the Series X by getting Gamepass Ultimate for $1 on the PC and trying them out on Xbox Cloud Gaming if your PC wasn't up to it and then made a decision.

Also, considering that Gamepass is only $1 for the first month, it's not like it's a commitment, why you asking others what you like?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fedor

@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah - so says someone who isn't married. I can barely get my wife to accept a gaming console.

Sucks for you. My wife doesn't get upset with my hobbies, she even participates.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:

@x_hedon: i was hoping at least 2023 lol. I might get a series x before that for Starfield. I like long high budget games like that. I hope hell blade 2 comes out good but after that last showing I need to see more. But for now Feb can't come soon enough for hzd2.

Well, it's PlayGround games, so 2023 is probably doable. If it were 343 or Rare, I would say 2024 easy. I am not going to set myself up for disappointment.

Then again, I want it next year...so...there is that :)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KvallyX
@fedor said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

Sucks for you. My wife doesn't get upset with my hobbies, she even participates.

My wife had left her first husband for many reasons, one of which was his time confined to his gaming machine and his guitar.

When her and I met, she let me know her thoughts on gaming. She wants to spend time with me, not watching me game. I wasn't used to that because my first wife didn't care if I gamed 80 hours a week. Then again, she left me....

I make sure to game as little as possible around my wife when her I and could be doing something together. She isn't into gaming, but she understands I like it. So she does encourage me to turn the system on when there is home time, and she even watches the gaming shows when I have it on. But she doesn't care to actually game with me...unless it's a board game or card game. She's awesome, and I feel like I should game less than I do and spend more time outside, more time golfing with my friends and in my league, hiking and traveling. We make it work.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fedor

@x_hedon said:
@fedor said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:

My wife had left her first husband for many reasons, one of which was his time confined to his gaming machine and his guitar.

When her and I met, she let me know her thoughts on gaming. She wants to spend time with me, not watching me game. I wasn't used to that because my first wife didn't care if I gamed 80 hours a week. Then again, she left me....

I make sure to game as little as possible around my wife when her I and could be doing something together. She isn't into gaming, but she understands I like it. So she does encourage me to turn the system on when there is home time, and she even watches the gaming shows when I have it on. But she doesn't care to actually game with me...unless it's a board game or card game. She's awesome, and I feel like I should game less than I do and spend more time outside, more time golfing with my friends and in my league, hiking and traveling. We make it work.

If she made her feelings clear to you and you're cool with it than more power to you guys. Communication almost always leads to a strong relationship. My wife was never really in to gaming before I met her, over time she would see me playing stuff that looked fun to her and eventually asked to give it a try. Now she has a gaming PC and enjoys a bunch of different genres of games. Currently she's addicted to Halo MP and we play together once we put the rugrats down for bed.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KvallyX

@fedor said:
@x_hedon said:
@fedor said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

If she made her feelings clear to you and you're cool with it than more power to you guys. Communication almost always leads to a strong relationship. My wife was never really in to gaming before I met her, over time she would see me playing stuff that looked fun to her and eventually asked to give it a try. Now she has a gaming PC and enjoys a bunch of different genres of games. Currently she's addicted to Halo MP and we play together once we put the rugrats down for bed.

I tried to ease my wife into gaming by having her play Monopoly on the console with me. She started to play. Then she said "this is so much easier when we have the board out with the money in hand". Oh well. :)

I was playing a game earlier this year, Fenyx Immortal Rising. She was reading her book next to me and she would watch me get frustrated on a puzzle, and she actually tries to give me ideas on how to get past it! I was like, WHOA! Then she would say "go ahead, I know you want to youtube it". HA!

Then last month she saw me trying to get all the roads traveled in Forza Horizon 5. I had the map pulled up on the TV and I was sitting on my knees directly in front of the TV looking for any stretches of gray that I missed. She is behind me on the couch and says "oh, there's one, there's one and there's another".....even though I looked in that area like 20 times....sure enough she was right. She just smiled and went back into her book.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BassMan
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

I don't like gaming on a PC. I really don't care about your arguments for PC gaming. You like it? Great. Have at it. Me - not so much.

It seems like there is always some excuse with you. First it is working with a PC, now it is the wife.... LOL

I would never marry someone who has an issue with me gaming or tries to dictate my gaming.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KvallyX

@BassMan said:

I would never marry someone who has an issue with me gaming or tries to dictate my gaming in any way.

Well that is extremely important. With marriage there has to be cooperation, communication. My first wife didn't like that I went out with friends (and she didn't want to go, and really she didn't like my friends), she didn't want to travel, she wanted to know about every penny I spent. We divorced after 20 years together. She stated she was unhappy, and that was that.

I went back on the dating scene, but I am much older and wiser and I learned my lesson. I was going to be with someone that wanted to travel, accepted that I have friends that I spend time with, I am responsible for my own finances (no joint accounts), like to game on occasion, plays golf often, and enjoyed WHOOPI! The woman that married me wanted those same things for her (less gaming and golf). Communication early was so important.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BassMan

@x_hedon: Yeah, communication is key. You have to know and accept one another and make sure you are compatible. Someone who has issues with me gaming is not compatible with me as gaming is a huge part of my life.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

I've been with my wife for over 20 years, and we have played the Halo series, Destiny, Borderlands, State of Decay ect.. she's not really a gamer but plays with me regardless, I love her to death..... funny thing is that after all these years playing together I still have to explain to her how to find me on the god damn mini map! lol

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KvallyX

@BassMan said:

@x_hedon: Yeah, communication is key. You have to know and accept one another and make sure you are compatible. Someone who has issues with me gaming is not compatible with me as gaming is a huge part of my life.

And ALWAYS stick to that is my motto after learning. I wish I wouldn't have married so early in life. But I got my son out of it, so not all is a loss. I can't imagine life without him.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dabear

@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

It seems like there is always some excuse with you. First it is working with a PC, now it is the wife.... LOL

I would never marry someone who has an issue with me gaming or tries to dictate my gaming.

It's called "compromise". Does my wife complain when I go on weekend motorcycle trips, grab beers with my buddies, or watch sports? No. It's not a big deal to me not have a PC connected to one of our TVs.

Plus, why would I waste money doing that, when I can get a console?

Not everyone wants to game on a PC.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BassMan

@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:

It's called "compromise". Does my wife complain when I go on weekend motorcycle trips, grab beers with my buddies, or watch sports? No. It's not a big deal to me not have a PC connected to one of our TVs.

If you already have a PC in your house for work or whatever, then it makes sense to get a gaming PC in the first place. A console is just redundant. With PC you are gaming at higher quality and have more options. Also, I do not see why hooking up a PC to a TV is an issue for your wife. It is the same thing as hooking up a console. The end result is you gaming.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dabear

@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:
@dabear said:
@BassMan said:

If you already have a PC in your house for work or whatever, then it makes sense to get a gaming PC in the first place. A console is just redundant. With PC you are gaming at higher quality and have more options. Also, I do not see why hooking up a PC to a TV is an issue for your wife. It is the same thing as hooking up a console. The end result is you gaming.

Why? Why would I waste money on a graphics card when I work in software engineering?

Yeah, slightly better graphics for a ridiculously higher price. The quality trade off is not worth the money, and I am not going to sit at my desk and play video games.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that some people just don't want to play games on a PC?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 robert_sparkes

My brother has a very good gaming pc which he uses for uni work as well so in that in that it makes sense. My problem is I just want to plug and play so consoles will always be my preference. Pc gaming has got me interested but the price at the moment just puts me off.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BassMan

@dabear: If you want to play on console, that is fine, but you come up with weak arguments against PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator

I honestly don't know how a Man has trouble with their Wife's Husband's gaming habits but my wife knows I love my gaming habits and respects my fun. If you are having trouble not communicating then clearly your marriage is doomed to failed. My advice is, work it out, if the one you love doesn't like gaming or doesn't want you to play video games, than clearly this isn't gonna work out at all. But saying PC sucks because it get's in the way of marriage is a pathetic excuse I ever heard from a console gamer. My wife doesn't like me hanging out with the boys, so staying home and playing games gives me the advantage I need😉👌

(Plus, I don't like nobody anyway)

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dabear
@davillain- said:

I honestly don't know how a Man has trouble with their Wife's Husband's gaming habits but my wife knows I love my gaming habits and respects my fun. If you are having trouble not communicating then clearly your marriage is doomed to failed. My advice is, work it out, if the one you love doesn't like gaming or doesn't want you to play video games, than clearly this isn't gonna work out at all. But saying PC sucks because it get's in the way of marriage is a pathetic excuse I ever heard from a console gamer. My wife doesn't like me hanging out with the boys, so staying home and playing games gives me the advantage I need😉👌

(Plus, I don't like nobody anyway)

I never said that. I said she doesn't want a PC connected to our TV, and I don't have a problem accommodating that since I really don't have any interest in gaming on a PC anyway.

I did say, and I have said hundreds of times before, that I don't like gaming on a PC. I can't understand how that is such a "controversial position" to take. It's too expensive for the visual improvements, I don't like gaming with a KB & Mouse (which would leave me using a controller), I am not going to have a PC hooked up to my TV (which would leave me with playing games in my home office), and I don't like adding new hardware to a computer anymore.

I have a mechanism for which to play games - a gaming console.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 Basinboy  Online
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

There’s a lot of redundancy between owning a high-end PC and XSX. It all comes down to which play style you prefer: couch and controller, or desk with M+K.

As long as GP exists, you can always migrate between the two platforms without penalty. PS5 is preferable if you would prefer to be more frugal, but there is a lot of upside to a dedicated Xbox console.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

The xbox has the best games in almost every category. It doesn't even make sense to me why someone would want to get a ps5 over an Xbox, and I have both consoles sitting here in my room.

I'm playing ps4 games on my ps5. Once I catch up, it's going to be a dust collector. Like even if you buy the ps5 what will you play?? Every 3rd party game runs and looks better on the xbox, because 12 tflop > 9 tflop. The only good thing about the ps5 is the controller, which has nice features. But aside from that, the xbox is better in every way.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 robert_sparkes

I don't think I've seen the 12 tera flops outshine the 9 yet. It's all a number that doesn't matter when horizon and gow drop we will see incredible looking games that Xbox Devs just can't match.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I would get Game Pass for it, plus he said he has a PC so he can utilize service on both, and there are some games for PC on Game Pass that aren't on consoles and vice versa. At very least try it before making a decision to get rid of it.

If you have friends online to co-op with I definitely find value in Game Pass for that alone, it's sometimes too much trouble to convince friends to get this or that, but with Game Pass we always have the same pool of games to play online together.